• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Between these two which do you guys prefer for the final product. I think there not really anything more I can do to fix the difference in shades between brawl and melee.
Ive been staring a around 20 of these so I cant tell whats what anymore.

Here the album with some more
http://imgur.com/a/XDeaZ
I think that the bottom one makes it much easier to see the characters, I say go with that

zankyou

Smash Lord
Updated the link. Went with some subtle combination of various setting I made for colors.

This is about as close to the way that it looks in brawl as I think I can get it, without a injection code to fix the lighting.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I didnt forget about this I swear. Now that I have some form of color correction I feel more inspiration for imports. Will probably update the current converter soon.
edit: I realize I didnt make it obvious, the current version of this stage is available.

Still need to change the angle of the shadow, and Im debating on whether or not to move this import over bowsersbtt
is there any way that the Metal Cavern M import could go over Pikachu's Target Stage instead?
Youd have to ask achilles about that. Since it probably has the same settings as the import I did I could have it out really fast, but I dont see the need to have 2 versions of the exact same stage.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
is there any way that the Metal Cavern M import could go over Pikachu's Target Stage instead?
I am not sure why it matters what stage it goes over unless it matters when making them what stage it goes over for how they look or blastzones. For using them, all of them could go over the same stage and it wouldn't make a difference to me.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

zankyou

Smash Lord
Stages look so much better after editing their color structs that I almost want to do each one again.

in comparison to

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Stages look so much better after editing their color structs that I almost want to do each one again.

in comparison to
Interesting, although that is not a fair comparison because the bottom doesn't have color groups enabled at all. What is your general logic for editing the color structs? Do you take each entry and make it brighter by x%, if available?

Edit: Nvm about the "make it brighter by x%" comment. Just saw your other post and clearly more complex than that. And changed the wording to color group.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Interesting, although that is not a fair comparison because the bottom doesn't have color groups enabled at all. What is your general logic for editing the color structs? Do you take each entry and make it brighter by x%, if available?

Edit: Nvm about the "make it brighter by x%" comment. Just saw your other post and clearly more complex than that. And changed the wording to color group.
Youre right. I tried to get away with not having to upload another pic but forgot that I disabled the color groups in that one. Its fixed now.
Blending the colors with white was the first idea I had, but then the stages started looking washed out. Right now Im trying to implement soft lighting by taking the normals into consideration. I think for metroid though it didnt like it too much so I only made it a little brighter. I cant remember if I used any other color editing function on it.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Updating several stages. More updates coming. Ill add a small changelog and a few more stages to this post later today when I change the links.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
This stage is so dark Im not considering not even bothering with the color groups and just deactivating them.
GALE01-189.png

zankyou

Smash Lord
Would anyone be willing to help index song ids. Im going to make a version of battlefield with every stage song id and find the song in this ost. Should be easy but time consuming and Id rather work on other things like compressing info in dat files.
Are the links that are there now updated?Also do you have a WIP for that Hyrule Castle? Z zankyou
Not Yet.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I cant add more images to the other post for some reason. Edit: Something just seems wrong with the links.
Ive redone some more stages. Im saving kalos league for last since Ill probably spend the longest on it. For now Im going to redo the tourney stages.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Can someone load this stage on their wii and give an estimate on if it lags more than the current one.. The file size it too large for certain combinations of 4 players and ill shrink it, but some combinations should work.

Attachments

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord

So it seems like the position of the stage model light source is at 0,0,0. I cant figure out how to change it. Though for this stage its not so bad, other imports are affected when the color struct is active. Also found that if you move the light source for characters further away and higher it does cast shadows on to platforms when you are under them.
Also made one with a image for a background.
GALE01-212.png

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

So it seems like the position of the stage model light source is at 0,0,0. I cant figure out how to change it. Though for this stage its not so bad, other imports are affected when the color struct is active. Also found that if you move the light source for characters further away and higher it does cast shadows on to platforms when you are under them.
Also made one with a image for a background.
View attachment 118608
0x400 in [vanilla] GrOp.dat is the beginning of the XYZ location of the light source.

Default position is (0, 5, 17), although idk why the X value is 0x80000000. I always associated that with a "changing value" but idk.

Looks good!

zankyou

Smash Lord
0x400 in [vanilla] GrOp.dat is the beginning of the XYZ location of the light source.

Default position is (0, 5, 17), although idk why the X value is 0x80000000. I always associated that with a "changing value" but idk.

Looks good!
0x8000000 is a float for -0. And youre right about the location of the light source. I spent last night trying to reverse engineer the map plit structure and what I found is that each root structures has a map plit. The weird thing here is that I added to 4th structure and was changing its map plit but it had no effect. But the one at 0x400 is for the 6th structure. I think its because I went over the material count designated for the 4th one but thats just a guess.
I also feel like those structures are more like files you see in brawl box and I might refer to them as that.

Im pretty happy with this stage. Besides the fact that it might lag, though it shouldnt be any different than the other file. Ill test tomorrow when my av cord comes in. Other than that I think the only other thing in consideration for this stage is whether or not to remove the character shadows from the platforms.

Attachments

Last edited:

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
I know that the tourney legal stages in the OP are useable in 1v1s, but are any of them tourney legal in doubles, or do they all cause lag with 4 players?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I know that the tourney legal stages in the OP are useable in 1v1s, but are any of them tourney legal in doubles, or do they all cause lag with 4 players?
Not all of them lag with 4 players, but some do. Maybe they all lag, but for most of them I don't notice any in 4 player.

The New Dreamland is pretty great! Dreamland at twilight.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ive finally fixed my import method to work with non empty stages. So it wouldnt be hard to make the base stage and use a background image for a less intensive stage if needed. My av cable comes in soon but until then I cant test and dont really have a way of doing so.

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
Can someone load this stage on their wii and give an estimate on if it lags more than the current one.. The file size it too large for certain combinations of 4 players and ill shrink it, but some combinations should work.
felt the same as the one in the OP on my wii

zankyou

Smash Lord
Sorry guys. Being able to control stage lighting now means I have to push the update to stages back a little. It feels like every time I finish some imports I learn something new which makes them obsolete.
On a side note, Im playing with lowering resolutions of textures to make the file size smaller. But the results arent always the best. Are people interested in a version of this stage with the background stuff anyways? Im thinking about only keeping the island to back left and putting it in the center, along with making it larger.

felt the same as the one in the OP on my wii
Thanks for letting me know.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Does smaller mean better performance too?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
No, though if there are known performance issues id look into those. Especially if they persist in 2 player

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So then is it different blastzones or what
The answer to your original question is yes, and this answer can also be found throughout the comments of this thread.

Prince said no because re-skinning, in this community, generally refers to simply modifying textures. This is complete 3D model editing. But nothing you stated in your last post is changed.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Sorry guys. Being able to control stage lighting now means I have to push the update to stages back a little. It feels like every time I finish some imports I learn something new which makes them obsolete.
On a side note, Im playing with lowering resolutions of textures to make the file size smaller. But the results arent always the best. Are people interested in a version of this stage with the background stuff anyways? Im thinking about only keeping the island to back left and putting it in the center, along with making it larger.

Thanks for letting me know.
I'm interested in a version with no background islands, but yes on the clouds. How's the AV cord!?!?

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

ayyyyyyy, cant believe one of my old stuff is being imported into melee! Need to say Im excited to see whats its like! Bro I wish you, and your projects best of luck!

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
Z zankyou can u port the first castle seige tier from brawl plz? Melee does ned to rep fire emblem.

Last edited:

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
I'm relatively new to the modding scene, but I've swapped out most of my illegal stages with more legal ones, and I have three main questions.

1) How can I customize the stage selection screen (or maybe just the text)?

2) The trophy collector stage crashes the game when a trophy reaches the bottom bound. What line can I edit in Start.dol to fix this? If it's not possible, I saw something about gecko codes earlier, could someone link me to a gecko code to fix it?

3) The trophy collector stage, in its vanilla form, has several issues (ungrabbable ledges, lips on the edges, and the center rings block projectiles). I saw zankyou working on fixing these. Is he/she done with it yet, and if so, where can I download it.

Ohsm

Smash Apprentice
I'm relatively new to the modding scene, but I've swapped out most of my illegal stages with more legal ones, and I have three main questions.

1) How can I customize the stage selection screen (or maybe just the text)?

2) The trophy collector stage crashes the game when a trophy reaches the bottom bound. What line can I edit in Start.dol to fix this? If it's not possible, I saw something about gecko codes earlier, could someone link me to a gecko code to fix it?

3) The trophy collector stage, in its vanilla form, has several issues (ungrabbable ledges, lips on the edges, and the center rings block projectiles). I saw zankyou working on fixing these. Is he/she done with it yet, and if so, where can I download it.
(1) You can use DRGN's awesome Texture Wizard tool to customize the textures (i.e. change the text and the picture of the stage). Just drag and drop your iso and navigate to "MnSlMap.usd"

https://smashboards.com/threads/dat-texture-wizard-current-version-4-3.373777/

This should answer your question (2) and (3):

https://smashboards.com/threads/stage-hacking-new-research-documentation.384255/page-6#post-18718250

Top Bottom