• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

zankyou

Smash Lord
We will see if it works. Only somewhat inconsistently working right now. But its much simpler than any alternative.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Cant believe I was ever importing without this program.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Display List Data always (almost certain) starts at 0x160 of the exported raw file for objects from BrawlBox. This is the second time I've seen one start with a "20", which to my knowledge, is not a primitive list. Last time I saw this, it messed everything up. Have you ever seen this, zankyou, and what did you do to fix it?
Capture.PNG

zankyou

Smash Lord
Brawl and Melee dont have the exact format for the displaylist and are only compatible for certain objects, this is something you see in most objects for characters and pops up several times per stage at least for me. Here I used to use 3ds max but now I just recreate the object in the way that I want it. I was trolled by the mdl0 format here for a while though so for stages its possible you dont need to do too much.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
The ruins stage is lots of fun, the hole in the middle is crazy, the tree in the background is kinda distracting though
Made a Stage Pack of most of the imports into the "Hacked Stages" select screen for 20XX. Comes with stage icons.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/atl6los7wa8zx15/Stage_Pack.zip

Added:

-Silph Co
-Metal Cavern
-Miiverse
-75m
-Metroid Lab
-Kalos w/ background
-Suzuka Castle

How-To

-Place all the files in the .zip into your 20XX root folder. Open GCR > Options > Check Do not use 'game.toc'.
-Rebuild.

Is that your hd Stage Select Screen?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Yeah, did you want the textures?

Are you talking about the battlefield importer? I can't seem to get it to find any arcs no matter which stage I try. Am I missing something?
It just looks so good. I don't play on dolphin though. ugh.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Yeah, did you want the textures?

Are you talking about the battlefield importer? I can't seem to get it to find any arcs no matter which stage I try. Am I missing something?
The arc files inside you pac file are compressed. The program doesnt support compression. You have to decompress them.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
The arc files inside you pac file are compressed. The program doesnt support compression. You have to decompress them.
Oh, any advice on how to go about that? Sorry, I've never dabbled with Brawl mods / modifying stages.

Edit*

Figured out how to decompress the arcs, ran this stage through the program with these inputs,

Chose the first BRES because it looked like the most important in BrawlBox (like I said, never used any brawl mods)

The file size is smaller than the original GrNBa.dat,

DTW's reading on the file,

And here's what I get in-game,

It's obviously sill Melee's battlefield stage but with no textures. Any ideas almighty Z zankyou ?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Oh, any advice on how to go about that? Sorry, I've never dabbled with Brawl mods / modifying stages.

Edit*

Figured out how to decompress the arcs, ran this stage through the program with these inputs,

Chose the first BRES because it looked like the most important in BrawlBox (like I said, never used any brawl mods)

The file size is smaller than the original GrNBa.dat,

DTW's reading on the file,

And here's what I get in-game,

It's obviously sill Melee's battlefield stage but with no textures. Any ideas almighty Z zankyou ?
Its possible that file has the same bone issue as what I talked about in the model converter thread. Its fixed for that program but it imports over grtsk. Try importing it using that program and see if it still happens.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Brawl and Melee dont have the exact format for the displaylist and are only compatible for certain objects, this is something you see in most objects for characters and pops up several times per stage at least for me. Here I used to use 3ds max but now I just recreate the object in the way that I want it. I was trolled by the mdl0 format here for a while though so for stages its possible you dont need to do too much.
How did you used to fix it with 3ds max? The last time this happened, I think to fix it I just opened up the exported DAE in 3ds Max, immediately exported it again as a DAE, and then imported it back into BrawlBox and it changed the displaylist to all tristrips. But I'm trying it now with the object I noted above and the displaylist is staying the same.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ive never been able to consistently use 3ds max to do anything I want. Its entry barrier is too high for me and I basically never really understood how to get it to work with brawlbox properly. So Id change some stuff the import it back to brawl and hope it worked. Now that I understand the mdl0 I think the issue is with how brawl bones work but I never cared too much about brawls format or how 3ds max works to look more into it.
On a side note. Im an idiot and brawl shadows work exactly like how you were trying to do it with suzuka castle. The trick now is trying to get it to show.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Crystals are fixed.

Wip is available. Honestly only things this stage is missing are a stage song and shadows.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Not sure about the details. At some point one of the updates to the converter made it spit out that file.
Gotcha. Any idea why this version of the stage is so performance intensive compared to the prior version over Battlefield? With the battlefield version, I am getting about 45 fps, but with this one I am getting about 12 fps. Also to note is that 45 fps is about full speed for the computer I am using.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Not sure about the details. At some point one of the updates to the converter made it spit out that file.
The texture struct Layer Flags! (as stated in DTW). We knew 00000004 was to use TexCoord0, but it looks like 00000001 is to use Normals (which is what makes the crystals look that way). So I guess that texture struct flag value just corresponds to the "XF TexGen Coordinate" in BrawBox, which you must have known already.

So that layer flag is 0xC in the texture struct, and what do you have mapping to the flag at 0x8 in your converter program? I noticed that one was 00000001 for the diamonds, when it is normally seen as null. Is it the XF TexGen InputForm from BrawlBox?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Gotcha. Any idea why this version of the stage is so performance intensive compared to the prior version over Battlefield? With the battlefield version, I am getting about 45 fps, but with this one I am getting about 12 fps. Also to note is that 45 fps is about full speed for the computer I am using.
Maybe because I imported the shadows... I test it in a bit. Just got home.
edit: I lied. Its pretty much the exact same objects.Ill have to look into it.
The texture struct Layer Flags! (as stated in DTW). We knew 00000004 was to use TexCoord0, but it looks like 00000001 is to use Normals (which is what makes the crystals look that way). So I guess that texture struct flag value just corresponds to the "XF TexGen Coordinate" in BrawBox, which you must have known already.

So that layer flag is 0xC in the texture struct, and what do you have mapping to the flag at 0x8 in your converter program? I noticed that one was 00000001 for the diamonds, when it is normally seen as null. Is it the XF TexGen InputForm from BrawlBox?
Ah yeah Im still not 100% sure what those flags correspond too. For the texcoords, 00000000 still is a texture coordinate, and 2 and 3 do nothing. So I just set it to 0x00000001 when its not supposed to be used because thats the only one with any effect.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace

I'm afraid to ask but how would I go about adding ledges, blast zones, and collisions to this?

zankyou

Smash Lord

I'm afraid to ask but how would I go about adding ledges, blast zones, and collisions to this?
Uh Im kinda curious how you didnt get the same result as I did for that stage. Easiest method would be to copy those from the stage import I made already for that. If you really want to learn though youd need start reading the stage hacking guides out there. I think every thing you need is documented by the camera/blastzones.
I have so tools to convert them from brawl and put them in a melee format but its still not finished so its not part of the program. Im using a poorly written py script to help me right now but it does several things wrong and requires some editing.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Uh Im kinda curious how you didnt get the same result as I did for that stage. Easiest method would be to copy those from the stage import I made already for that. If you really want to learn though youd need start reading the stage hacking guides out there. I think every thing you need is documented by the camera/blastzones.
I have so tools to convert them from brawl and put them in a melee format but its still not finished so its not part of the program. Im using a poorly written py script to help me right now but it does several things wrong and requires some editing.
Alright, I'll read up on it. By the way this is "Flatlat Cruise", a mod of Lylat Cruise. I imported bres #3:

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
I dont really have an interest in omega stages. Ill probably move the platform to the center though and add collisions for it. Im just not doing too many imports because I have to fix the color groups and shadows.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
zankyou ,can you reupload Metal Cavern when you can?
Edit:I think you were also working on Magicant, Peach's Castle 64 and Rock Wall iirc.I'm not sure if there were any else, but will we eventually see those stages uploaded?
Could we also get the WIP of training stage?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
zankyou ,can you reupload Metal Cavern when you can?
Edit:I think you were also working on Magicant, Peach's Castle 64 and Rock Wall iirc.I'm not sure if there were any else, but will we eventually see those stages uploaded?
Could we also get the WIP of training stage?
Ah I moved the file into a different folder on my onedrive and it broke the link. Ill fix it when I get home.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Are you going to be home in the next 2 hours?I'm going to be gone for the weekend and was hoping to be able to put it on before I go.
Edit: Is the custom FoD legal?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Are you going to be home in the next 2 hours?I'm going to be gone for the weekend and was hoping to be able to put it on before I go.
Edit: Is the custom FoD legal?
Doesnt look like ill be up before I get home. I cant remember my onedrive password. Im just always signed in on my computer.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Z zankyou Have you thought about doing the legal version of Bowser‘s Castle?Also have you had a chance to fix the link?
Edit: The link is still not working :/
He's working on a program that will let anyone do imports, individual imports aren't as important right now. As the Chinese proverb goes, “You give a man a fish and he eats for a day. You teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

MeleeBox = fishing

Last edited:

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you're right.I'm not worried about using it anymore.I think I would prefer just to see MeleeBox be worked on.MeleeBox is the future and we'll be able to bring in whatever imports we may wish.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
The main hold up is I hate how dark the stages are and it makes me want to redo an import as soon as I finish. Im working on several approaches to fixing this problem but its going to take a while to get just right.
Z zankyou Have you thought about doing the legal version of Bowser‘s Castle?Also have you had a chance to fix the link?
Edit: The link is still not working :/
This is weird. The link works for me. I replaced it again just in case though.

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
Makes sense and link works fine now
Edit: So right now I can‘t code because I an only use my phone(sort of).But I‘ll be able to code tomorrow.I want to know.Miiverse and Wario Land both use the song “Mach Rider“.I want wario land to keep using “mach rider“.But I want to use “venom“ for miiverse.What do I have to change to use that song id for that import?
Z zankyou can you help me out?

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Made a Stage Pack of most of the imports into the "Hacked Stages" select screen for 20XX. Comes with stage icons.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/atl6los7wa8zx15/Stage_Pack.zip

Added:

-Silph Co
-Metal Cavern
-Miiverse
-75m
-Metroid Lab
-Kalos w/ background
-Suzuka Castle

How-To

-Place all the files in the .zip into your 20XX root folder. Open GCR > Options > Check Do not use 'game.toc'.
-Rebuild.

What changes were made to the start.dol? I wanna use mine still

zankyou

Smash Lord
A better lit metal cavern is coming

in comparison to the current on

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
What changes were made to the start.dol? I wanna use mine still
The changes were made in between 003f8c60 and 003f927f I would guess unless UnclePunch did more than just change stages.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Between these two which do you guys prefer for the final product. I think there not really anything more I can do to fix the difference in shades between brawl and melee.
Ive been staring a around 20 of these so I cant tell whats what anymore. Ignore the black pond for now.

Here the album with some more

Last edited:
Top Bottom