• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Good Idea, thanks M0nkUn1t

Btw, the Soccer Ball model is pretty much useless because it ain't exactly round and his texture mapping is weird.

dexter0

Smash Rookie
A few questions if you will.

* Can you rotate the entire stage while maintaining relative downward gravity (gravity vector still points to the surface of the stage, players do not just fall off)? Probably best accomplished by tilting the camera but I am unsure if any points exist that can manipulated to perform this effect.

* To add swim-able water to a stage I assume you base your stage off Delphino, Jungle Japes, or Pirate Ship and then position your geometry until the water level is where you want it? If I had a platform (with collision) below the water line and a character sunk (due to swimming for too long) would they still die or would they be standing underwater on the platform?

* Can you add a Spring effect to a collision surface?

* If I am shifting the entire stage up or down over a period of time will players feel increased/decreased gravity?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can rotate stages, the gravity will always be pointing down. I am not sure how to rotate the gravity.
To add water to a stage, you need to make the stage on Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes, and maybe Delfino. You can't add a spring effect to a collision surface afaik. The gravity won't be affected by the movement of the stage. Hope this helps.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
* To add swim-able water to a stage I assume you base your stage off Delphino, Jungle Japes, or Pirate Ship and then position your geometry until the water level is where you want it? If I had a platform (with collision) below the water line and a character sunk (due to swimming for too long) would they still die or would they be standing underwater on the platform?
this could lead to an epic sonic themed water level.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
A few questions if you will.

* Can you rotate the entire stage while maintaining relative downward gravity (gravity vector still points to the surface of the stage, players do not just fall off)? Probably best accomplished by tilting the camera but I am unsure if any points exist that can manipulated to perform this effect.

No. Gravity will always be downwads. Camera movement alone is not possible AFAIK.

Yes to the first question. Platforms underwater are ignored. Anything below water level. Upon jumping/falling into the water, you'll be lifted up to the surface, and if you drown you'll get through them, so underwater platorms are the same as nothing.

* Can you add a Spring effect to a collision surface?

Not up to now.

* If I am shifting the entire stage up or down over a period of time will players feel increased/decreased gravity?

Gravity will still be the same. Movement is not what triggers the increase/decrease of gravity.
Hope I helped. BTW, water level can be moved up or down through hex, so no need to move your entire stage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you have a floor underwater and do a sinking move, IE: Sheik's dair into the water, you will go down as usual and hit the flloor. You will not stand on it, you will immediately warp to the top of the water.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If you have a floor underwater and do a sinking move, IE: Sheik's dair into the water, you will go down as usual and hit the flloor. You will not stand on it, you will immediately warp to the top of the water.
No, ANY move cancels right when you touch the water. Even Toon Link's DAIR that lasts extremely long. You still go down a bit, but AFAIK it will not touch the ground.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, that is what I meant. Also, would anyone know where the spinning rate or speed for frigate orpheon would be? There is no STDT(MiscData[20]) And I poked at a few numbers in the MiscData[10] which after a few edits, I found was the SCLA(Stage Camera Location Angle) ._. Maybe it is in the MiscData[30] or .rel of the stage.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
In the collision previewer in brawlbox, right click in the left area under the checkboxes for collisions and choose New Object. alt-click and make your collisions. Then select the checkbox and choose the bone name in the bone list and click the plus that is in the lower left.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
How do you make collisions disappear with animations without making the fighters on them fly left/right (which happens if you set Scale X to 0) or up/down (if you set Scale Y to 0)?
I'm trying to make this stage from Super Mario Land 2 be more accurate.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
How do you make collisions disappear with animations without making the fighters on them fly left/right (which happens if you set Scale X to 0) or up/down (if you set Scale Y to 0)?
I'm trying to make this stage from Super Mario Land 2 be more accurate.
The only thing I can think of is that you make a separate collision object for each block, so the flight is minium O.o

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How did you all make .obj models work?
The stage I'm Making NEEDS custom model parts as Brawl doesn't have any models that fit the requirements?

Every time I try to use SZS modifier to import a part, and import the .obj, it says "invalid file", regardless of whether or not I replace all of the . with , in the file.

Also, the part I'm trying is less than 5kb.

Here's a clue to what I'm making.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Then it's either Everfrost Peak, Walrus Cove, Snowball Valley or that battle arena whose name escapes me.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea, so we can see Pak E. Derm carrying his sign when he goes in.

Also, Eternal Yoshi, I'll make a BRSTM for your stage (AKA the battle music).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I wasn't even planning on taking my Wii out of my backpack tonight, but I have to go set it up to test that stage right now. It looks great.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Uploaded Final Battlefield at night and SSE Jungle

Water is disabled in the Jungle stage, and the sky is blue instead of pink. Fixed spawns, added shadows, and the original sky is in the file, just needs to be renamed if somebody wants it.

Top Bottom