• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hey, what usually causes a custom stage to freeze at the end of a match? A stage I'm making is doing that to me right now and I'm not sure what's the cause. :/

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey, what usually causes a custom stage to freeze at the end of a match? A stage I'm making is doing that to me right now and I'm not sure what's the cause. :/
I'll assume you mean a HACKED stage.

That happened to me once, but I don't remember why exactly. You can check everything you made after the last time you tested (last working version). If you're not sure, export each modeldata, then test it again after replacing one modeldata with a static modeldata. If it still freezes, replace the static modeldata with the one you had previously and then replace another modeldadta with static. Go on until you find which modeldata is glitching. From there on, things are gonna be easier.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Liking some of the remixes with the textures and models on the original ToS2 models (oh, and what I believe is a Naruto model, right?), FairKnight.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Liking some of the remixes with the textures and models on the original ToS2 models (oh, and what I believe is a Naruto model, right?), FairKnight.
Well the first one has Naruto and TvC models, the other 2 are remixes Lol, I plan on adding a cool touch to all my released ToS stages with my newly aquired stage knowledge

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Something's wrong with the collisions.

----------

A new picture from my Mario Kart stage

There's a flying platform which flies all over the circuit, and there's a warning system to help you not to die when the platform's going to start the flight.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Something's wrong with the collisions.

----------

A new picture from my Mario Kart stage

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5402/al1010161658binout.jpg

There's a flying platform which flies all over the circuit, and there's a warning system to help you not to die when the platform's going to start the flight.
I always wondered how that system works (platforms flying around the stage and landing) I'm not that experienced with stgpositions so how do you have a platform move about and have collisions on certain parts of the stage, and what model is the warning system from? O_o (I know, allot of questions, just trying to expand my knowledge Lol)

And another Remixed ToS stage:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
STAGE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRr8ISvNu4Y

@FairKnight

All the system is based in moving models and collisions at the same time ^^U

The warning model is just the 2D semitransparent model I posted a while ago in my kcmm thread. It's the same as used for the shining of the emeralds in Crisis City, and I don't remember if I used it in other stages.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's so big though... The thing that made Mute City great was that it was floating in the sky. Mario Kart is on top of solid ground =(

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
PMBR is working with GW to perfect it, but I don't think they would really hold out until a public beta to actually release the stage.

But I haven't seen anything of the Castlevania stage either so I'm not sure.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Castlevania moving platforms were my doing. Stage wasn't actually supposed to be shown off yet - I've not talked to Robzdahero.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Castlevania moving platforms were my doing. Stage wasn't actually supposed to be shown off yet - I've not talked to Robzdahero.
I did show him one of the recent videos featuring it. He liked what you did with the platforms and from what I remember he was happy to see it included in PM as long as he'd recieve credit for the base stage.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oh cool. I was worried he'd be one of those people who got irritated if people were editing his work. Of course he'll get credit.

The stage lags in 4 player though - which is kind of a pain. I think Mewtwo_2000 may have an idea about why/how to fix it (He's magic!), but I'm not really sure.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh cool. I was worried he'd be one of those people who got irritated if people were editing his work. Of course he'll get credit.

The stage lags in 4 player though - which is kind of a pain. I think Mewtwo_2000 may have an idea about why/how to fix it (He's magic!), but I'm not really sure.
Oh, you're right, I played with my friends the other day and we noticed the lag xD

Knowing Robz, he sure has used 75m as a base

*Looks the file*

Indeed, he has used my What Is Love - Earthbound stage as a base, which was designed for 75m xD

I suppose porting it to another stage would do it... Anyway, I will take a look to it for project m when I get the chance >.<

Robz is always dividing the models in various modeldatas... That's okay when you have multiple animated models, but there are some cases in which this isn't necessary, and compatibility is lost because of this U.u

PS: I am one of those who get irritated xD

I just like to edit my own work ^^U

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have a copy of gamewatching's YS. i'll be fixing it up. i won't release it, but just know that if GW doesn't finish his, P:M will be suing my edited one for the time being (yes, this is a passive aggressive way to get GW to actually finish his **** stage).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The latter.
SMI's File size limit also prevented me from re-inserting the Metal Gears.

BUT, I can make a platform out of the OTHER destructive part that was part of the other stage.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm attempting to make the stage Yuna sings on in Final Fantasy X-2 as part of my Project Rikku. I need the stadium area from Pokemon Stadium 2, and a circular object to replace the original fighting platform and a re-tetured, resized wario underneath. Is this possible? If so, could someone please explain? I've seen a lot of 3D stages and I have no idea as to how to make them.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
There's quite a few cylinders in Brawl. The present-theme barrel is one example, and the pillar from the ruins Stage Builder is another.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm having a problem replacing Lylat Cruise with other stages.
If I edit an FD .rel file and name it st_starfox.rel, and put my Wario train stage as STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC, it works just fine. But if I use Mewtwo2000's Venom stage, it freezes. Any idea why?
Both stages work over Flat Zone 2 (and presumably any other stage) with an edited FD .rel, by the way.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'm having a problem replacing Lylat Cruise with other stages.
If I edit an FD .rel file and name it st_starfox.rel, and put my Wario train stage as STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC, it works just fine. But if I use Mewtwo2000's Venom stage, it freezes. Any idea why?
Both stages work over Flat Zone 2 (and presumably any other stage) with an edited FD .rel, by the way.
Maybe filesize?

Top Bottom