• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's a pretty solid stage so far. The only things that I can complain about are what ds22 stated, the ufo makes odd noises when you walk on it, and the left and right edges on the top are not grabbable.

ds22

Smash Lord
Mmm... Many changes were done the last days, so I have not tested enough... But I have never had a freeze on fourside for now... I hope it's not something wrong in the stage :ohwell:
No, no, no.
The freeze had nothing to do with the stage.
My game just froze randomly when I posted that comment (I'm experiencing such freezes for the past 2 months, don't know why).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
So which stage does fourside replace again? XD
It can replace final destination, wifi room, battlefield, onett (with issues) and newpork (with random darkness). Replace the stage you want, if using a rel file, use a fd one.

It's a pretty solid stage so far. The only things that I can complain about are what ds22 stated, the ufo makes odd noises when you walk on it, and the left and right edges on the top are not grabbable.
I have no melee to test right now, but regarding to some videos I saw today, it appears that melee's fourside lacks those ledges.

No, no, no.
The freeze had nothing to do with the stage.
My game just froze randomly when I posted that comment (I'm experiencing such freezes for the past 2 months, don't know why).
Does it happen with other games? O.o

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've realized that some of the stages with weather effects (ie. Stormy Destination, Sakura tree SV with Falling petals) desynchs replays when they are recorded on a normal stage. For ex, I recorded a stage on SV w/o the hacks and when i try to play it with the Sakura Tree texture it would not play right. Same problem shows up on Wifi when I try to play with that stage hack.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Can't really explain it briefly however someone else might be able to
however the solution to the problem would be to download a fresh FD pac found here(use search to search for STGFINAL) and export the collision data which is misc data 2 or something it's blue i know that
Replace it with the one in Stormy Destination and it should work

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My Wii's bricked was fixed thanks to the good folks at Wiibrew.
This means I'm back.

So I've been looking at this thread intermittently concerning 3D stages.

Does anyone have an template or something I can start off of to turn a stage like this into 3D?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'll test it for them and I'll answer you xD

Edit: Wait, do you mean by using rel files or by using the pac without rels?
I have ported over alot of different stages like YI Melee and Green Greens and Temple (temple is great for wifi waiting room stages), and I think does will not give you any trouble.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Can't really explain it briefly however someone else might be able to
Replays aren't videos. They only record the button presses. If you put a replay from one stage over a different stage, it'll desync, hence why changing the collision data messes things up. Similarly and obviously character hacks do this too.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I have ported over alot of different stages like YI Melee and Green Greens and Temple (temple is great for wifi waiting room stages), and I think does will not give you any trouble.
Well, I tried it on Yoshi's, the stage worked by only adding a modeldata[102], but the configuration of the stage appears to make the moving collisions not to be moving. It could work by moving the modeldata[1] of my stage to another modeldata, but it would lose compatibility with final destination and wifi room, so I've discarded making it into yoshi's island. I could make it in a separate file if anyone requested, but I think the stage working in wifi, final, battlefield, and the earthbound stages is enough.

About the temple, I'm not sure now, but I think it was compatible with any wifi room stage because of having the same number of modeldatas.

My Wii's bricked was fixed thanks to the good folks at Wiibrew.
This means I'm back.

So I've been looking at this thread intermittently concerning 3D stages.

Does anyone have an template or something I can start off of to turn a stage like this into 3D?
Hi again xD

I think in the last page someone quoted intrepidcognito's 3D stage template. There are some inaccurate things in it, but it's a good thing to start with.

Anyway, there was a tutorial too in youtube with the basics. Search "creating stages from elements" in youtube to find it. It was made by wackaalpaca, and I helped him with the info in it :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
He means the main building, on the top. I've made those two, and the one on the right not grabbable, because of having seen this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtF3KTgfhg

I have no memory card right now (it's in my weekend home) and I had not tested it in-game, so the youtube videos were my only guide these last days.

ds22

Smash Lord
He means the main building, on the top. I've made those two, and the one on the right not grabbable, because of having seen this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtF3KTgfhg

I have no memory card right now (it's in my weekend home) and I had not tested it in-game, so the youtube videos were my only guide these last days.
It's because those ledges don't exist.
I check it out and the don't exist (probably because the size of the stage makes those ledges unnecessary).

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Well, I started my first 3D stage, based off of the alien ship in Kirby 64. This is SO much easier than I thought it would be! Dang I'm gonna regre those words when I get a big freeze or something... If anyone's played Kirby 64, you know that the aliens are just diamonds that float around. Anyone have any idea what I could use for those? I want to put some in the background.

ALSO: Whenever I import models, they show up white in the editor. How can I put a texture on these?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Or resize the stage to the original Melee size.

Anyway, who was doing the Fountain of Dreams stage?
Me again xD

I'll get into it when some of my projects are up, such as lugia's intro or alive rayquaza's lake

I'll count with the help of akari_un from dasdonkey in order to make textures and such.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Well, I can say that those are some of your best hacks.
The best thing you have done are obvioulsy the Hello Kitty textures, but those are close.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
me again xd

i'll get into it when some of my projects are up, such as lugia's intro or alive rayquaza's lake

i'll count with the help of akari_un from dasdonkey in order to make textures and such.

yes
yes
yes!!!!
hyes!!!
Oh and did I mention:
**** YES!!!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If anyone's played Kirby 64, you know that the aliens are just diamonds that float around. Anyone have any idea what I could use for those? I want to put some in the background.
If you can find my post with the ToS2 Twilight Palace stage (or any variation of that stage done by FairKnight), download that, and export the crystal you see fit. Should be a way to individually texture each of the 4 diamonds separately.

@bluetoonlink: Specify what you mean by changing the position of the stage. What you're asking for is a bit vague.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Replays aren't videos. They only record the button presses. If you put a replay from one stage over a different stage, it'll desync, hence why changing the collision data messes things up. Similarly and obviously character hacks do this too.
So you are saying that some textures actually changes the actual layout of the stage? That's disconcerning.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

So you are saying that some textures actually changes the actual layout of the stage? That's disconcerning.
Yeah. The lastest version of Sakura tree SV with Falling petals was made to work with Brawl+, which has smaller boundaries IIRC. See if you can find an older version or something.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yeah. The lastest version of Sakura tree SV with Falling petals was made to work with Brawl+, which has smaller boundaries IIRC. See if you can find an older version or something.
I made it like that because people requested it like that, why would anyone need the old death boundaries?

As for the desynch online, I have absolutely no clue why it does that, maybe because there's an extra model in there?

If anyone knows how to fix tell me and I'll do it and update the download.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
This is just a pic I've made a moment ago. I like it xD

that's deoxys normal form not attack form i'm guessing you imported his modol from pokepark wii if you put them in eithur antartica or space that would make a great stage and a cool refrence to destny deoxys.
Also i had a question how do you fix frezzes at the end of a match when making a 3D stage cuz my clock tower keeps frezzing at the end of a match saying GAME and then the wii goes beeeeeeeepppppppp any ideas on how to fix it since you make 3D stages alot?

Matteron

Smash Ace
that's deoxys normal form not attack form i'm guessing you imported his modol from pokepark wii if you put them in eithur antartica or space that would make a great stage and a cool refrence to destny deoxys.
Also i had a question how do you fix frezzes at the end of a match when making a 3D stage cuz my clock tower keeps frezzing at the end of a match saying GAME and then the wii goes beeeeeeeepppppppp any ideas on how to fix it since you make 3D stages alot?
Are you using the template Intrepid made?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
When a stage freezes at the end of the match (or suspending the match) it's a collision problem

You have an empty collision object in your miscdata[2] or the file is wrong about the size/number of points/planes/objects in it.

Be sure to not to have empty objects and make new points and delete, and then try the stage again

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
When a stage freezes at the end of the match (or suspending the match) it's a collision problem

You have an empty collision object in your miscdata[2] or the file is wrong about the size/number of points/planes/objects in it.

Be sure to not to have empty objects and make new points and delete, and then try the stage again
thanks i will try to fix it now :D

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I made it like that because people requested it like that, why would anyone need the old death boundaries?

As for the desynch online, I have absolutely no clue why it does that, maybe because there's an extra model in there?

If anyone knows how to fix tell me and I'll do it and update the download.
...because the boundaries are different if the other person isn't using the B+ SV?

Just have two versions of your stage, the current one with the B+ boundaries and another with normal (vBrawl) boundaries. Or more like a vBrawl and a B+ version for each of your different "snow" characteristics.

Top Bottom