• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Yea I would love to use bigsharkz moon modol though he never released it if I remeber correctly I would also love to have skull kid instead of just his mask but that might take awhile thanks for the feedback. :D

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There's much to do yet, but I think it's good enough to let anyone having the beta to play :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, this has been told already some times xD

The beta will be huge in size because of how I made the stage from the beginning. I have stated that in the future, when the stage is more completed, there will be 2 versions: The huge one (I'm not deleting it, some people will prefer this one), and the melee sized one, more accurate in size.

I'm not making this for the beta because of being too much work and the beta would be delayed more and more.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ah. yeah, i don't tend to keep up with this thread outside of occassionally looking at the pics, so my bad.

still looks really well done.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
YESZ! Hype.

What stage(s) is it going to be over?
I wanted to make it for onett, but there's a weird problem in there, there's a zone where you get teleported, it appears to be related to the cars in that stage, it's caused in the place where the houses should be.

If I make it for newpork, I think it will sometimes get dark because of the pink creature that usually appears in newpork, even deleting it.

So, I don't know. I could make it compatible with onett, and still be compatible with final destination and wifi room (this is the way it is right now), or extending it in order to make it work in battlefield, or even newpork, all those stages in one.

This is one of the two things that make me not to have released it yet. When this and another thing are done, the download will be put in retosnintendo team, kc-mm forums (and vault), and here in this thread.

ds22

Smash Lord
I wanted to make it for onett, but there's a weird problem in there, there's a zone where you get teleported, it appears to be related to the cars in that stage, it's caused in the place where the houses should be.

If I make it for newpork, I think it will sometimes get dark because of the pink creature that usually appears in newpork, even deleting it.

So, I don't know. I could make it compatible with onett, and still be compatible with final destination and wifi room (this is the way it is right now), or extending it in order to make it work in battlefield, or even newpork, all those stages in one.

This is one of the two things that make me not to have released it yet. When this and another thing are done, the download will be put in retosnintendo team, kc-mm forums (and vault), and here in this thread.
Couldn't the teleport problem be fixed with using a customized .rel so that it works over Final Destination without and over Onett with (so that it eliminates the teleport problem)?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, sure, having a rel file will always take those problems out, but you won't be able to play onett this way. If that's okay, then having a final destination/battlefield/wifi room rel file will make it

It didn't take much, the stage I'm going to release will work in wifi room (stgcustom), final destination (for using FD rels), battlefield, onett and newpork. Onett has the teleporting issue (its more like a speed push in sonic games) and newpork has the dark environment sometimes, and an invisible object able to be hit, but it doesn't change the way you play in any way.

So:

If you don't want to take out newpork, you can use the file to play it as an alternate stage to newpork. If you don't want to play newpork anymore, then get a FD rel file and there won't be any light fade and no invisible objects will be there.

If you want to make it work with onett, you can make it, but it's not recommended because of the pushing/teleport in the right side of the monotoli building. If you don't like Onett, then use a FD rel file and take Onett out forever.

And the other options are stgcustom, battlefield and final destination. But I doubt anyone will make it on FD or battlefield. Anyway, the file works in there with no issues.

... Excuse me? PINK CREATURE???? 'glares' :evil:

Do you perhaps mean the Ultimate Chimera???? PERHAPS???

:p
Ye... yeah... sorry... I forgot the name... ^^UUUUU xDDDD

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i figured a rel would fix it so i already made a new pork rel in advance now im just waiting

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Yeah, sure, having a rel file will always take those problems out, but you won't be able to play onett this way. If that's okay, then having a final destination/battlefield/wifi room rel file will make it

It didn't take much, the stage I'm going to release will work in wifi room (stgcustom), final destination (for using FD rels), battlefield, onett and newpork. Onett has the teleporting issue (its more like a speed push in sonic games) and newpork has the dark environment sometimes, and an invisible object able to be hit, but it doesn't change the way you play in any way.

So:

If you don't want to take out newpork, you can use the file to play it as an alternate stage to newpork. If you don't want to play newpork anymore, then get a FD rel file and there won't be any light fade and no invisible objects will be there.

If you want to make it work with onett, you can make it, but it's not recommended because of the pushing/teleport in the right side of the monotoli building. If you don't like Onett, then use a FD rel file and take Onett out forever.

And the other options are stgcustom, battlefield and final destination. But I doubt anyone will make it on FD or battlefield. Anyway, the file works in there with no issues.
Once you release i'll try porting it for ya i've actually become pretty good at
That is if you don't mind

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Port it where? The actual file works in fd, battlefield, wifi room, onett and newpork xD

The issues in newpork and onett are not possible to take off, because I've not used a single part of these stages with it. The one in onett would be possible to take off by moving up the whole stage a little, but it would be tedious, and I think most people will make it over newpork, and probably using the rel file to make newpork dissapear forever xD

Thanks anyway xD

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Can't you port it to stages like Green Greens or Yoshi's Island Melee or stuff?
Those stages work to port over for me =/
Or do you have other problems if you do that?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I'll test it for them and I'll answer you xD

Edit: Wait, do you mean by using rel files or by using the pac without rels?

ds22

Smash Lord
Port it where? The actual file works in fd, battlefield, wifi room, onett and newpork xD

The issues in newpork and onett are not possible to take off, because I've not used a single part of these stages with it. The one in onett would be possible to take off by moving up the whole stage a little, but it would be tedious, and I think most people will make it over newpork, and probably using the rel file to make newpork dissapear forever xD

Thanks anyway xD
Using a modified .rel works like this:
You use a FD .rel which is hex edited to think it is a Onett .rel and loads the stage in the Onett selection slot in the way it would load if you would place the stage over FD (or Battlefield when using a modified Battlefield .rel).
Using a .rel actually has only pro's and no con's.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
just use module files it really helps because then your stages can go over whatever you want

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I already know what a rel file is O.o

What I'm intending to say is that if someone doesn't like using them, or doesn't want to get off a stage (using a rel file makes unuseable the original stage in there) then the stage is able to work in some stages without the need of a rel file.

If you see my explanation, you'll see that I recommend to use a FD based rel file to anyone who wants to get rid of onett or newpork in order to make Fourside the main stage in that slot O.o

ds22

Smash Lord
I already know what a rel file is O.o

What I'm intending to say is that if someone doesn't like using them, or doesn't want to get off a stage (using a rel file makes unuseable the original stage in there) then the stage is able to work in some stages without the need of a rel file.

If you see my explanation, you'll see that I recommend to use a FD based rel file to anyone who wants to get rid of onett or newpork in order to make Fourside the main stage in that slot O.o
When you replace Onett with Fourside without using a .rel, you do exactly the same as you would replace Onett with Fourside with using a .rel.
Only difference is that without a .rel you experience problem, while with a .rel you won't have that problem.
When you replace a stage, it doesn't matter if your using a .rel or not, you will always get rid of the stage as for you are using it's slot.
Therefor, it's better to use a .rel that trying to get the stage working over others without.
Hope you understand.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
not exactly because if you like using the clone engine you could make it so if you press start it would be new pork or normally be fourside but i don't like new pork so i'm gonna use a rel to fix the problem

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
That's what I meant. I'm using dantarion's code, so in battlefield I have multiple battlefields, and fourside could be one of these battlefields. Holding for example a+y, I would get fourside, and holding a+x, moon battlefield. If I use a rel file, then only final destination based stages would work in here, and I could not load moon battlefield, or even the original battlefield from brawl.

My intention by making the stage compatible with others is only making it more accesible by clone engines just like dantarion's. Of course, if someone doesn't use a clone engine, and wants to put fourside over newpork forever, the best option is getting the fd rel file, because it's an issueless file. Same to wifi room rels and battlefield rels.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
usually it's like that for me but i'm completely ready to get rid of the stage do you know when your about to release it

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
In an hour or so I will upload the file to mediafire. The only thing I want to make before releasing it is fixing a black antenna I have, and maybe improve the textures I'm using for the museum (left building).

Be patient xD

ds22

Smash Lord
I forgot about the clone engine (since I never got it to work for me), sorry.
Anyway, you could release the stage now and then fix those problems, releasing the fixes as separate downloads.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
The next biggest thing after the 2D stage template...

The 3D stage template!!

This entire pack contains...

- 3 Tutorials: One for the stage, one for collisions (by Kryal), and one for .rel files
- A stage template allowing multiple models, but has one in by default for easy editing in one-model stages
- A static background, along with two moving ones
- First tutorial built into the stage (select MiscData[101] and read while editing)
- You can look at the stage in-game to see what the textures do. They all have text on them describing them.

I won't post the tutorial here, but the download only takes around 10 seconds, so don't whine.

NOTE: This template is only for semi-starters. I would NOT reccomend this for a first stage attempt.

What's next? A template for trophy stages. Just extract the trophy, put it in there, and make your collisions.

Trophy template coming soon.

3D stage template here.
I haven't made a stage yet but I know how to make one with all the collisions and textures for background and foreground. I know how to do this with Brawlbox very well but Im getting it in a long time.
When I do get it, do you think I could try making a 3-D stage as my first?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hey, wasn't I working on a stage a couple of months ago?

Yeah. About that...I haven't done any work. XD So...sorry about leaving for half a month, yadda yadda. I promise I'll actually do more work on LoR soon, once I get some school work caught up and stuff.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
@Mewtwo: So if I use a FD-Onett .rel to replace Onett with Fourside then it won't have the teleport problem?

ds22

Smash Lord
Brings me back to Melee again.
Looks so much like the real one.
One thing though with the UFO, when it disappears while your still standing on it, you get teleported to the center of the UFO (not a big deal though).

I hate my Wii. -_-
Froze on me (again) (probably caused by all the sound effect edits).

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Brings me back to Melee again.
Looks so much like the real one.
One thing though with the UFO, when it disappears while your still standing on it, you get teleported to the center of the UFO (not a big deal though).

I hate my Wii. -_-
Froze on me (again) (probably caused by all the sound effect edits).
Mmm... Many changes were done the last days, so I have not tested enough... But I have never had a freeze on fourside for now... I hope it's not something wrong in the stage :ohwell:

Top Bottom