• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Can you explain to me how a VIS works and how you would use one?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Mewtwo_2000, I think you just discouraged anyone who was working on their own version of that stage from continuing.

Roo525

Smash Ace
ok so darkening the clouds work >.< I feel dumb now xD
Mewtwo here tis, everything loads right away it appears
*DK stage*
Sweet! Mewtwo got it right. Way to go!

You may want to update the post on KC-mm though.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Can you explain to me how a VIS works and how you would use one?
A VIS animation makes appear/dissapear models/model parts by using bones. There's a list similar to the one in color animations, but the values can be only white/grey. Grey means ON, white means OFF. So, if you have a VIS and certain model has all white, the model won't show up. This would be useful to make things dissapear in a better way than resizing to 0, because resizing is noticed when slowdown in final smashes or end of match.

Mewtwo_2000, I think you just discouraged anyone who was working on their own version of that stage from continuing.
I hope I didn't ^^U

If you want the Hyrule Castle background image, you can extract it from my stage. Then again, you probably already have it.
Yeah, I've got one, but thanks for the offer =)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Does Congo Jungle go on any other stages? I have a stage on Temple already. If not, I'll just port it, I guess, but, knowing you, it would also go on Final Destination or Online Training Stage, right? Gotta go now, got school and even more exams. >_>

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Does Congo Jungle go on any other stages? I have a stage on Temple already. If not, I'll just port it, I guess, but, knowing you, it would also go on Final Destination or Online Training Stage, right? Gotta go now, got school and even more exams. >_>
Indeed, as the stage's not mine and have no wii to test if it works properly if I make it multistage, the link over here is temple-only.

This one should work for temple, final destination and wifi room the same time. Not tested, so test it out, and if doesn't work, I'll make a final destination and wifi room only version, no temple xD

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uhjn0ztyowo

Also, I fixed a little your termina stage the other day, check it out when you're able to so you can put the fixed version in the vault

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y3fmjno2uzg

I think it was that one xD

br3compactor

Smash Ace
And I fixed the camera and death boundaries on the Gamecube stage. You may see the download link on one of the recent pages.

EDIT: Just because i'm in the mood, here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtgmmyiy0nm

Also, da*n exams, I wanted to hack more :(

----------------------------------------

Hey people,

Have you seen this stage already?

It's Very Limited Blade Works by Robzdablade.

I believe it's a stage from the SSE, isn't it?

Well I'd like to ask someone to do something:

I wanted a simple stage like Mewtwo2000's "What is Love" Stages, but with an enlarged version of this platform in the middle.

Imagine the floor is a Plane (geometry). That red line is the edge between two planes, the floor plane and the wall plane.

That's exactly what I need.

A recreation of that stage, but with a plane floor, a plane BG and an enlarged platform.

Not sure if I was clear enough :(

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
going back to something fresh, we should take the ssb 64 stages and renew them... it would be..refreshing... adding better graphics, taking the crappines out of them and turning them into REAL brawl stages.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island 64 without the clouds is already pretty good. The rest of the stages are fine the way they are.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You can alway make retextures for them. People does so for the N64 emulator O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, this is not really important, but it's for my package. Which stages do you guys think I should choose between these ones, for stages that I'm asking for?

Here's my current list:

Battlefield - Castle Battlefield
Yoshi's Island - Star Road (Unreleased awesome stage by StarShadow, I'll release it in the future)
Mario Bros. - Peach's Castle (MKWii)
Final Destination - Still deciding between the Gamecube, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Rainbow Road, Ark of Yamato V2 and Budokai Tenkaichi (Tell me which one I should use, and if you cannot decide between 2 or 3, where I should port them)
Halberd - Old Age Castle
New Pork City - Still deciding between Moonside or Bowser's Castle Entrance (MKWii)
Rainbow Cruise - Bowser's Galaxy Reactor
Delfino Plaza - Twilight Castle Town
Lylat Cruise - Revamped Lylat
Smashville - Green Hillville
Corneria - Venom
Luigi's Mansion - Peach's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Grand Stadium (Porting it from Rumble Falls)
Shadow Moses Island - Black Mesa
Big Blue - Metal Harbor
Mushroomy Kingdom - Arctic Fields / Water Level
Spear Pillar - Fire Temple
Green Hill Zone - Desert Palace Zone+ (Stage I'm going to release someday)
Brinstar - Brinal Destarnation
Mario Circuit - Twilight House
Pictochat - Nothing yet (Why isn't no one porting a stage to this? Free slot!)
Pokemon Stadium - Porting my Pacifidlog Town texture to it
75M - What is PK Love could go here instead of Online Training stage
Summit - Sherbet Land or Tal Tal Heights, still deciding
Hanenbow - Nothing >_>
Rumble Falls (Online Training Stage) - Free slot!
Flat Zone 2 - Snake Man' stage (Named it Ravaging Depths)
Temple - Pumpkin Hills
Pirate Ship - Bluemoon Battleship
Castle Siege - Bowser's Castle
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi's Island (NSMB)
Bridge of Eldin - Snowy Bridge of Eldin
Warioware - Warioware Twisted! (I would have used the awesome stage I never even talked about, which was related to SNES games, but I lost my files, altough I think Moosehunter still has it)
Jungle Japes - Castle Front, but I'll try to port Congo Jungle to it
Norfair - Abaddon's Lair
Distant Planet - Twilight Realm
Onett - Northern Crater
Frigate Orpheon - Volcanic Cavern
Skyworld - Termina Field or Valley of the End
Green Greens - Lost Woods

Alright, I think that's it. Also, thanks to everyone who fixed my stages.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
75M - What is PK Love could go here instead of Online Training stage
Hanenbow - Nothing >_>
Rumble Falls (Online Training Stage) - Free slot!
More optimal solution:
Hanenbow = Online training stage (could be HG/SS version)
75M = some replaced stage
Rumble Falls = Rumble Falls+ (or some other replacement stage if you don't like RF+ for whatever impossible reason)

What? >_>

Actually, after I read the full list, I don't know what a lot of those custom stages are o_O

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that any stage over Hanenbow or Flat Zone 2 will have flat characters. This could be good or bad.
And Hanenbow has one song (R03.brstm).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks to both of you.

Hotdogturtle, do you have the code for the Online Training Stage to be on Hanenbow? I'd love you if you had it. That way, I could have one more slot for Rumble Falls.

Also, Ravaging depths is a custom name I created, because I saw a remix of Snake Man's theme called Ravaging Reptile, and I know that his stage is in deep, narrow areas, so I called it like that. Snake Man' stage is a bad name, in my opinion.

And, libertyernie, I know that, but if I use the code to replace it with the Online Training Stage, then it won't be the case.

Oh, wait, you made that Snake Man stage, haha. Really nice job, by the way. I'm also going to use your Magikarp, Peach's Castle outside stage (I'll replace the MKWii stage with this) and your Waddle Kirby.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Wait, shouldn't Hanenbow have no songs at all?

also, Bigsharkz

Hanenbow is Wifi Training Room (No Sandbag)
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B0025
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

Test this code please, as I'm not sure if it does completely removes the sandbag from the game or just from that stage.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, br3compactor!

I'll try it later, I'm playing SoTN for the 500th time XD. I finished that game at like, 285% by using glitches, and that was when I played it on Wii. So far, I finished it on Sega Saturn (With Maria), Playstation, Playstation 3 (Playing right now), Wii, and computer, a few times. That game just never gets boring. Also, I might do a stage related to it someday. :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If you use a FD rel and a FD adapted stage (tutorial for making WWR work as FD in kc-mm forums) you don't need any sandbag code I guess O.o

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Nice stage list BSZ might actually use it if you put a DL for the stages
For rumble falls i'd suggest using Grand Stadium by Robzdablade off of KC

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Mewtwo_2000, what I actually needed was replacing Hanenbow with a stage with songs.

And not 2D, neither with a sandbag.

Kinda like the stages from the stage expansion pack.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I didn't know that, Mewtwo, but I think I'll just use the code. :p

But, wait, that code makes Hanenbow the Homerun stage? o_o

Also, Mr.Chuy, thanks, and I did plan on using that stage.

I'm going to upload the package on Brawl Vault once I'm done with it. It will include the portraits and names as well.

So, for the final list:

Battlefield - Castle Battlefield
Yoshi's Island - Star Road
Mario Bros. - Peach's Castle Outside (MKWii) (Will port it from Final Destination to Mario Bros.)
Final Destination - Mushroom Kingdom 64
Halberd - Rainbow Road (Ported from Final Destination)
New Pork City - Bowser's Castle Entrance (MKWii)
Rainbow Cruise - Bowser's Galaxy Reactor
Delfino Plaza - Twilight Castle Town
Lylat Cruise - Revamped Lylat
Smashville - Sakura Ville
Corneria - Venom
Luigi's Mansion - Peach's Castle
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Moonside
Shadow Moses Island - Black Mesa
Big Blue - Metal Harbor
Mushroomy Kingdom - Arctic Fields / Water Level
Spear Pillar - Fire Temple
Green Hill Zone - Desert Palace Zone+ (Stage I'm going to release someday)
Brinstar - Ark of Yamato V2 (Ported from Final Destination)
Mario Circuit - Twilight House
Pictochat - Gamecube (Ported from Final Destination)
Pokemon Stadium - Porting my Pacifidlog Town (Onett) texture to it
75M - What is PK Love?
Summit - Sherbet Land
Hanenbow (Online Training Stage) - Budokai Tenkaichi
Rumble Falls - Grand Stadium
Temple - Pumpkin Hills
Pirate Ship - Bluemoon Battleship
Castle Siege - Bowser's Castle
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi's Island (NSMB)
Bridge of Eldin - Snowy Bridge of Eldin
Warioware - Warioware Twisted!
Jungle Japes - Congo Jungle (Ported from Temple)
Norfair - Abaddon's Lair
Distant Planet - Twilight Realm
Onett - Northern Crater
Frigate Orpheon - Volcanic Cavern
Skyworld - Valley of the End
Green Greens - Lost Woods

I dunno if you guys are aware, but there is a program that lets you make any .rel you want, and therefore, port pretty much any stage.
I do know that, but making a rel file is too easy to make a program that does it for you, haha.

I'm even the one who told about this to a bunch of people here.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, my list has been updated. One thing, though. I really like Moonside, but I don't know where to put it. :(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thanks to both of you.

Hotdogturtle, do you have the code for the Online Training Stage to be on Hanenbow? I'd love you if you had it. That way, I could have one more slot for Rumble Falls.

Also, Ravaging depths is a custom name I created, because I saw a remix of Snake Man's theme called Ravaging Reptile, and I know that his stage is in deep, narrow areas, so I called it like that. Snake Man' stage is a bad name, in my opinion.

And, libertyernie, I know that, but if I use the code to replace it with the Online Training Stage, then it won't be the case.

Oh, wait, you made that Snake Man stage, haha. Really nice job, by the way. I'm also going to use your Magikarp, Peach's Castle outside stage (I'll replace the MKWii stage with this) and your Waddle Kirby.
The Snake Man stage actually isn't very good, in my opinion. It was the first and only 2D stage I've ever made, and it has a bunch of problems. Mainly, the background picture was too small because I didn't know how much space I actually needed, and by the time I had the stage working in the game, I was too lazy to start all over with a bigger picture. As a result, I tried to prevent the camera from going too far out (so you wouldn't see the blackness), while I kept the death boundaries at their normal lengths, which leads to a disproportionate "magnifying glass" area which makes it seem like you're surviving things that should kill you. In actuality, those are things that wouldn't even put you in the magnifying glass in the first place on other stages. Another issue is that some tether recoveries or CPU-controled Ice Climber partners sometimes go behind the background because I put it so close to the main stage (another thing I did for the sake of looking nice). Also, I failed anyway because when the camera zooms out after a death, you can still see the blackness and the bottom of the stage.

But still, I'm glad you like it, and thanks for also noticing some of my other hacks. I've mentioned this before, but I'm planning on remaking the Snake Man stage with 3D blocks. I started it a long time ago, but I keep getting sidetracked/bored every time I work on it. I will finish it eventually though.

Here's an old pic of the stage from... 5/18 according to my SD card.
I still have to finish adding the columns to the back of the stage, make the back wall, then do smaller details like adding the ladders and stuff. It's not really complicated, I've just been unmotivated recently.
Wait, shouldn't Hanenbow have no songs at all?

also, Bigsharkz

Hanenbow is Wifi Training Room (No Sandbag)
C298D528 00000003
2C060031 40820008
38C00005 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000
C26DCEE0 00000003
A37A0022 2C1B0025
40820008 3B600037
60000000 00000000

Test this code please, as I'm not sure if it does completely removes the sandbag from the game or just from that stage.
This is the code I use too.

To whoever mentioned the 2D characters (I forgot to quote it):
This code loads the Online training stage instead of loading Hanenbow. Since it's not replacing the contents of the stage itself, the characters are not 2D. And having only 1 song is fine if you're using Mewtwo's HG/SS intro stages and you just have the Intro theme playing ;)

Top Bottom