• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, no problem! I'll try to see if I can fix your problems, and I'll let you know about it. It really looks cool, and it was the best Flat Zone 2 stage out there. Also, thanks for confirming that the code is good, I'll use it. Right now I'm going to do something funny and crazy, and I hope you guys will like it. It's simple, though.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The Ice Climber problem can be fixed simply by moving the background further back. Someone sent me a PM about it on KC-MM a few weeks ago, but I never fixed it. The other problem requires me to crop out a larger section of the stage to use as the background. The reason I didn't bother the first time was because someone said that the dimensions had to be a multiple of 2, so it would have required me to do some math to scale the new picture correctly since the template I used wasn't square. I think I was just tired that day or something >_> Both of the problems are pretty simple to fix, and I guess I (or you) could fix them if there's enough interest in the stage.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yeah, really nice, so far!

Also, I'm going to test what I made, hoping it'll work. :p

Edit: It worked! XD.

One thing though! The animation isn't looping, yet I put the value for Unknown to 1, unless I put it in the wrong one..I forgot.

Which one exactly should be 1?

Also, Captain Falcon has a texture problem on his helmet, scarf, and knees. Anyone knows why?

Wait, actually, it seems like the arms and legs aren't textured like they should be. They're yellow instead of being striped. o_o

Plus, the knees are black, and the helmet is red and white.

Edit2:

@Hotdogturtle

Oh, I see. Well, these don't really sound complicated to fix, so I guess I'll do it when I have time, or you could always do it, if you want me to release the package. :p

br3compactor

Smash Ace
This code loads the Online training stage instead of loading Hanenbow. Since it's not replacing the contents of the stage itself, the characters are not 2D. And having only 1 song is fine if you're using Mewtwo's HG/SS intro stages and you just have the Intro theme playing
Yeah, but it seems this code also kills sandbag from the whole game, even the one from HRC.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, but it seems this code also kills sandbag from the whole game, even the one from HRC.
No it doesn't o_O

I think tomorrow if I'm not busy I'll start working on some stages again. I'll port my SSE stages to FD bases instead of WWR, I'll fix up at least one of my two Snake Man stages, and maybe I'll finish up some other SSE stages that I haven't released yet.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I didn't know that, Mewtwo, but I think I'll just use the code. :p

But, wait, that code makes Hanenbow the Homerun stage? o_o

Also, Mr.Chuy, thanks, and I did plan on using that stage.

I'm going to upload the package on Brawl Vault once I'm done with it. It will include the portraits and names as well.

I do know that, but making a rel file is too easy to make a program that does it for you, haha.

I'm even the one who told about this to a bunch of people here.
Not a bad list, but I like to choose my own set of stages, so I won't be using it. Just as a thought though, why don't you use PWs stage expansion code? There's even a variation of it that makes online training stage an extra stage so you won't need to replace Hanenbow or 75m. You'd be able to get quite a few cool SSE stages that are being ported at the moment as well.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
So wheres Melee final destination? lol
But you're stages are awesome, keep up to the good work.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Not a bad list, but I like to choose my own set of stages, so I won't be using it. Just as a thought though, why don't you use PWs stage expansion code? There's even a variation of it that makes online training stage an extra stage so you won't need to replace Hanenbow or 75m. You'd be able to get quite a few cool SSE stages that are being ported at the moment as well.
Well, I don't even know how to use it, nor did I ever even read about it. If you could get me a link, then I guess I could give it a try. Also, I personally don't like using SSE stages. They're not all that great, unless a texture comes with it.

I look forward to the stage pack. Since I use Riivolution I'll just add a startup menu option for it :)
Thanks.

So wheres Melee final destination? lol
But you're stages are awesome, keep up to the good work.
Was that addressed to me or Mewtwo? If me, well, I have a better stage for Final Destination, but if you were talking to him, i guess he has other priorities at hand.

Also, no one knows why I have the problem I mentioned earlier? I made a Results stage hack, added Captain Falcon with a texture (Not saying what it is yet :p) and in-game, his animation isn't looped and the textures are applied in a strange way, when in-game, it shows fine. I think I'm going to try importing Captain Falcon's texture data, then add the other textures.

Edit: Well, I just changed the scaling in the animation, made it loop, and changed the texture data, and now it freezes. >_>

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Was that addressed to me or Mewtwo? If me, well, I have a better stage for Final Destination, but if you were talking to him, i guess he has other priorities at hand.
It was actually adressed to gamewatching who had already started working on a Melee Final Destination xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
It was actually adressed to gamewatching who had already started working on a Melee Final Destination xD
Oh, lol.

So, no one has an idea of what's happening? o_o

Can anyone try adding a Captain Falcon model in STGRESULT.PAC, give it a random looped animation, scale him to 2, put the Z translation to -60 and the Y translation to 10.5? If it works, please report it to me. It only takes 10 seconds to do, it worked the first time for me, but now it freezes.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Falcon's realm or final breastination are some examples of character resizing, indeed ^^U

The resize has to be done only in the animation, not the character

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, Mewtwo, do you think you could help me with this little hack I'm trying to make?

Now I tried to replace the Results Stage background with Final Destination, and added Captain Falcon, yet it froze. It also froze when I looped the animation and scaled him to 2 (Without the background replacement).

Also, do you have MSN?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, I have MSN (mewtwo_2000@hotmail.com), but I'm not much times on it.

Also, I have no wii to test right now, so if you're making things properly, I think I can't do anything new to it

Did you get it working for a regular stage such as FD?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Added you. Well, it's not really a stage, it's the results screen. I just replaced the background with Final Destination and that made it froze. The first time, I added a Captain Falcon model and gave him an animation, and it worked, altough he had texture problems and it froze when I tried to move him to the background, scale him, and loop the animation.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You mean you did nothing but moving and scaling him? Didn't add any element?

Anyway, I meant if the same animation and character is working for regular stages. Stages (and results screen is a stage) have a size limit. And final destination's could be bigger than results. If it worked successfully in FD, you should try to make falcon's textures smaller or somethin

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yeah, exactly, so I'm not sure what caused the freeze on my second attempt, but, I can confirm that it was the Final Destination background that made it freeze, altough I've seen someone replace the whole stage with another model completely.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Wait, you want me to make all textures in a lower resolution? o_o

I'll pass, for now. XD.

But, if I use Riivolution, won't it work since it's like if the file was on the ISO? I remember the first I made my Giygas Destination stage, it would not work on SD Cards, only ISOs, until Moosehunter managed to fix it in hex.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It should be in the vault for next week, as I will get my wii back I guess xD

The stage is almost done, but I've not even started with the lighting, and that can't be done without testing ingame ^^U

As always in my stages, it will try to be compatible with other many stages along with FD. My intentions are having it at least for temple and eldin.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Quoted from above:

"Added you. Well, it's not really a stage, it's the results screen. I just replaced the background with Final Destination and that made it froze. The first time, I added a Captain Falcon model and gave him an animation, and it worked, altough he had texture problems and it froze when I tried to move him to the background, scale him, and loop the animation."

Also, I'm owning Castlevania. Seriously. I did many glitches to go further in the game when I shouldn't be there, so I leveled up from level 11 to 24 in a few moments. Plus, I got three rare weapons in a few tries (Still didn't get the ultra rare one). o_o

Top Bottom