• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mit

Smash Ace
GameWatching, you should make sure the size of the level and everything is good before all the precision collision and camera/death boundary work is done, so that way it won't be a pain to change later like your Yoshi's Island stage :p

Although now that you know about animation resizing, would that not be too hard? O.o

I'm guessing the only thing you'd REALLY have to redo are the collisions and boundaries.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If I was you, I would look for the 2D version someone posted over here some time ago and would size it first. When a good size, I would make the 3D things knowing that size.

Anyway, I'm not discarding making that stage aswell in the future ^^U

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey, Mewtwo, do you think you could help me with this little hack I'm trying to make?
Now I tried to replace the Results Stage background with Final Destination, and added Captain Falcon, yet it froze. It also froze when I looped the animation and scaled him to 2 (Without the background replacement).
STGRESULT has an extremely low limit for file size. I've experimented with it myself, and it was a complete pain.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks for telling me that Shadic. But, how did that guy manage to replace the model with another? If I remember correctly, I think it was Castle Siege or something. Also, how come my edit worked when I added the model, but it didn't after I looped the animation and scaled Captain Falcon?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I didn't really add any animation. I just replaced an existing one with an animation I created, and that worked. I forgot to loop it, so when I did, and changed the values for the translation and scaling, that's when it froze. Oh, I also imported Captain Falcon's texture data, then re-added the stage's textures. Could that be the cause? I just wanted to see if that would fix the texture problem I had.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo when you release hyrule castle can u give me a rel file so it can replace bridge of eldin, if you cant its cool ill just use dantarions alternate stage loader. keep up the good work. hey BigsharkZ are you still working on that fierce deity link you showed on one of your videos.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Hey, BigsharkZ I know you already got the Online Training Stage for Hanenbow but did you see the Meteor Herd stage? It replaces Hanenbow. Or you could probably use a rel and put in on something else. I forget how I found it but I know for sure it was really hard to find.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
mewtwo when you release hyrule castle can u give me a rel file so it can replace bridge of eldin, if you cant its cool ill just use dantarions alternate stage loader. keep up the good work.
When hyrule castle is released, you won't need any rel file to make it work as eldin, have that for sure xD

Also, preview of new work:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, BigsharkZ I know you already got the Online Training Stage for Hanenbow but did you see the Meteor Herd stage? It replaces Hanenbow. Or you could probably use a rel and put in on something else. I forget how I found it but I know for sure it was really hard to find.
Nope, I never saw it. Where is it exactly? It's not on the Vault. Plus, if I use a rel files, the characters will still be in 2D.

mewtwo when you release hyrule castle can u give me a rel file so it can replace bridge of eldin, if you cant its cool ill just use dantarions alternate stage loader. keep up the good work. hey BigsharkZ are you still working on that fierce deity link you showed on one of your videos.
Well, I did release what I have done, but not really.

When hyrule castle is released, you won't need any rel file to make it work as eldin, have that for sure xD

Also, preview of new work:

Small picture is small!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
GameWatching - Have you finished the other stages you were working on, or do you have like, four stages that are 80% complete?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yes, it is xD

This was the first pic I posted, with a simple 2D background

I've finally started the real thing ^^U

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, it's the facility level from goldeneye 64 xD

Also:

I want to make Congo 64, Peach's Castle 64 and Final Destination 64 too, but if anyone has started any of them it's okay
Gamewatching, you can make yours, but I'm still making mine, just like I'm making hyrule the same time as others ^^U

gamedan85

Smash Cadet

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sorry...I had to! :p

HD version soon to be available, but I'm pretty much done. This took like, an hour to make.

I'm going to make HD versions of every SSB64 stage that I find interesting to use. Next's Hyrule Temple. :)

Edit: Changed the sign, I prefer this one. You get a bonus prize if you can know what it says!

2nd edit: I just got bad news..my father has a problem in his kidneys, and he's not feeling well..

I called the ambulance for him. It makes me sad because now he's old, and I don't want to lose him..

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wait, is that textured or just photoshopped?

And has anybody released a 3D Hyrule Castle yet?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Okay. I was just wondering. Also, a guess:
"Bigsharkz made the texture for this stage, but Frozenhobo is actually the one who made this awesome stage! Props to him!"

And sorry to hear about your father. :( Hope the best.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Okay. I was just wondering. Also, a guess:
"Bigsharkz made the texture for this stage, but Frozenhobo is actually the one who made this awesome stage! Props to him!"

And sorry to hear about your father. :( Hope the best.
Yeah, exactly. It wasn't really hard, hehe.

And, thanks. My father is a really strong person who always works. Even when he was sick, he was still working by repairing the house, or working in the garden. I've never seen him cry, yet, this time, it looked like he was going to cry from pain, so it must be really painful..

When a man asked him how much the pain was hurting him, on a scale of 10, he immediately said 10. I just hope that everything's going to be fine. He recently got cured from Hepatitis C, by the way. He had to use a syringe on himself many times, and take pills. Now, he has some new problems, but I don't know everything yet.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Sorry...I had to! :p

2nd edit: I just got bad news..my father has a problem in his kidneys, and he's not feeling well..

I called the ambulance for him. It makes me sad because now he's old, and I don't want to lose him..
"BigSharkZ made the texture for this stage. But FrozenHobo is actually the one who made this awesome stage! Props to him!"

I hope your Dad gets better BigSharkZ.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, BeyondYou. Also, what is that program you're using to edit Toon Link's hat? I guess you'll beat me at making Tetra, but I could help with it if you want, as I already worked hard on it before, I don't want to leave my version as it is. Do you need any of my help?

Also, anyone notice that on the pipe I made, the texture looks like a cat? This wasn't on purpose, I made the texture, which is mirrored, and it did this. o_o

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, BeyondYou. Also, what is that program you're using to edit Toon Link's hat? I guess you'll beat me at making Tetra, but I could help with it if you want, as I already worked hard on it before, I don't want to leave my version as it is. Do you need any of my help?

Also, anyone notice that on the pipe I made, the texture looks like a cat? This wasn't on purpose, I made the texture, which is mirrored, and it did this. o_o
I'm using 3DS Max and the new vertex editing method that was posted on KC:MM. :)

I think I pretty much got the model done, there are some kinks in the method that have made me have to start over a couple times and are making it difficult to port the vertecies over.

But I think I know how to fix it. Thanks for offering your help though. ;)

Also when's that stage texture coming out? I usually don't like the old stage remakes because there textures try to match the game they came from and not try to match Brawl. I'm thinking about HDing some other stages myself now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I've heard about that "new way", but I never found it anywhere.

No problem, though, and I plan on releasing it sometime in the day. I'm busy and lazy, at the same time. The worst couple ever.

Also, I should learn to always save in games, because it's the second time I have to re-do like, an hour or two of gameplay because I die and skip the saves. >_>

Yeah..I'm playing a game while studying and doing a work, but I'm taking a break now, so expect a release in like, an hour, after I finish recording a small video, and that I test out the stage in-game.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Also when's that stage texture coming out? I usually don't like the old stage remakes because there textures try to match the game they came from and not try to match Brawl. I'm thinking about HDing some other stages myself now.
not gonna lie, i just used the old textures because they were readily available. had nothing to do with making the stage look like it was from 64.:psycho:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Crap, my SD card is acting up again. The new song I added glitches and plays songs I had months ago. >_>

I thought I had fixed it..

It randomly goes "CRSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH" from time to time, too.

Japanese song! Final Fantasy song! Ultra fast Mario song (For no reason)! Song I never heard before! Bel-Air! Paper Mario! CRSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. This is really annoying. o_o

Edit: Think I fixed now.

Also, un-related to this thread, but I have a CSS problem. I downloaded ASF1ink's new red and black CSS, yet the character icons are all messed up and placed at random places. Some are even stacked on others. Do any of you know why this is happening? I can show a picture if you want to.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Crap, my SD card is acting up again. The new song I added glitches and plays songs I had months ago. >_>

I thought I had fixed it..

It randomly goes "CRSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH" from time to time, too.

Japanese song! Final Fantasy song! Ultra fast Mario song (For no reason)! Song I never heard before! Bel-Air! Paper Mario! CRSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH. This is really annoying. o_o
Have you tried De-fragging it? Mine has the same problem from time to time, and this fixes it easily for me.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's not what I did last time. I did it again and it works now. I just copied the songs that were glitched, moved the working ones, then I deleted the glitched ones on my SD Card, and put everything back in. That works for me everytime. Anyway, anyone knows why I have the CSS problem?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not using his codes, but the same codes I had for the other CSS, along with codes I added.

Also, for some reason, the stage select screen is still the same.

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason the download I had didn't have the file for the stage select screen.

Top Bottom