• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was told earlier, being my first block-based project, I used many blocks in a way that is not easy to change. To resize the stage, I would have to recalculate the positions for each of them. I probably make it some day, but now my focus is making it have every texture, every object, finish it, and when finished then I will get the finished stage and change the size.

The floating platform is the heliport, but it has no base yet ^^U xD

And that's right, because of willing to finish the battle quickly due to a problem with the music, I forgot to get to the left side, I'm sorry ^^U
Well, I hope you do the same with what you did with Battlefield 64, where you have both available. The big Fourside reeally looks excellent! And thanks for giving us such an awesome stage, in advance!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Do you need a Fourside BRSTM? I have one if you need it.
Thanks, I'm getting it ;)

Anyway, could anyone test mine in-game? For some reason it ends up really bad, and some of the ones made by my brother do the same.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?21rjnjannmy

I've only tried it replacing battlefield, it could be that it works fine on others o.o

Well, I hope you do the same with what you did with Battlefield 64, where you have both available. The big Fourside reeally looks excellent! And thanks for giving us such an awesome stage, in advance!
I'll probably do it, there are sure people willing to use the big one, and others willing to fight in a real melee size fourside ;)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Defrag your SD card will probably fix that mewtwo
That's why I want someone to test the file in another SD and wii, if it works correctly, then the problem is my SD. Segtendo's file works perfectly anyway, so it seems not to be the card.

It could be related to have downloaded the song in youtube or something, it's strange O.o

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Anyone know how to give a collision spring qualities? The springs in STGEDIT had Footstep6, but I think that's just the sound effect.

I need it for the Note Block in Mushroom Kingdom 3.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's contained probably into the associated rel file, so it should not be possible to do for now.

Anyway, as well as some stages feature they own items, you could try to change one of them for a spring, it could work if the files are the same O.o

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
English, mother****er, do you speak it? O.o xDDDD

Ahora te mando un privado :p

EDIT: Almost forgot, I came to leave this video so anyone interested can see Fourside moving for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnCEJ9mYMs

I hope you like it, I've been working so much today in order to advance it for a near release ^^U
As a HUGE EarthBound fan, all I can say is that you are now my favorite Smash hacker. Don't tell anybody else :p

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
English, mother****er, do you speak it? O.o xDDDD

Ahora te mando un privado :p
prata nu svensk språk 83
kom igen, någon som kan svenska här inne? :D
förlåt för offtopic
EDIT: Almost forgot, I came to leave this video so anyone interested can see Fourside moving for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnCEJ9mYMs

I hope you like it, I've been working so much today in order to advance it for a near release ^^U
haha 8D I love it, fourside! yeay x3

can you try to help me with one stage?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
prata nu svensk språk 83
kom igen, någon som kan svenska här inne? :D
förlåt för offtopic

haha 8D I love it, fourside! yeay x3

can you try to help me with one stage?
Sure, just tell me what do you want me to help you with :p

Typhoon

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if there is a version of Stormy Destination that doesn't have smoothed edges? You can't really see it just by looking at it, but as it stands now you can't get caught under the lip on either side.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Just get the stormy destination and replace the miscdata[2] with the one in a final destination that doesn't have them using brawlbox :p

Typhoon

Smash Cadet
Just get the stormy destination and replace the miscdata[2] with the one in a final destination that doesn't have them using brawlbox :p
Will do, I'm new to this stuff so I wasn't aware that it was that easy. Thanks for the help.

Mit

Smash Ace
Fourside's lookin pretty choice. Are there no backgrounds that looked nice on it, though?

I seem to recall one of the Pokemon Stadium's having a background with city buildings in the distance and stuff. Your Fourside stage came to mind when I saw it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, I'm building a custom background, it's not finished yet. I'm getting individual buildings to fullfill the background area. Anyway, I could use some 2D buildings or the pokemon stadium one to make it nicer, I'll take a look to the background when I get finished the main buildings and fixed some issues regarding the UFO.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Oh, an idea I had for Fourside! How would putting this stage over Onett work? I know that the main thing would be getting rid of the hazardous cars, but I had an idea that's at least worth mentioning. Have the cars under the stage so you can hear their veering and driving! Just an idea.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, that idea is what I thought from the beginning. Anyway, I was able to delete everything in corneria, mario kart, distant planet... I think there won't be a problem with Onett.

I know kwark made it with Newpork, but there was the light shade because of the monster, though not being really a monster there, and I don't like it. Besides, it's better having in the same slot both melee earthbound stages than having both city stages

So count on having the stage made for Onett when released ;P

About the sound of the cars... When I try it I'll see about it. Venom over corneria has not the laser visually working (because of porting problems), but when working as Corneria, the sound is still there. It could be the same with the cars and don't need to have them underground

Anyway, thanks for the ideas ^^

Laeryn

Smash Rookie
This is for Bowser Jr. and made completely by me. It's an airship.

Yeah bro that's how we do it.
This is by far my most favourite stage. Really awesome, I put it into my game and refuse to play on other stages. :)

But I have a request: I have played on it extensively, and I think it has two (minor) problems. The platforms on the masts (that prevent too many deaths) and the fact that edges aboard the ships can be grabbed (this gives big problems to characters like ZSS, and makes camping a pain).

So, I would really love if someone (Intrepid Cognito, maybe) could edit it a bit and make it more competitive- viable by:
- making the platforms on the masts intangible (to allow for vertical deaths)
- removing the edges on the deck of the ship
(- making the whole stage a bit smaller? This is not necessary)

You would have my eternal gratitude. :)

(Oh, and forgive my English, please.)

EDIT: Okay, I did it myself. It was really easy... Brawlbox is awesome. :) And now the stage is perfect. Thank you again IntrepidCognito.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Mushroom Kingdom III concept art:

It's WAY off-scale, but here it is. The 3D one is started, but not quite presentable yet.

Red lines are collisions.

Laeryn

Smash Rookie
Great job, OizenX!
Now, why don't you switch the background with Lylat Cruise? A space background is, I think, more appropriate than a 64bit Corneria. :)

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Mushroom Kingdom III concept art:

It's WAY off-scale, but here it is. The 3D one is started, but not quite presentable yet.

Red lines are collisions.
May I comment on the aesthetics? It seems like a stage where people are going to get cheap deaths a lot, since they may get blocked by the pipe sticking over where they fall. You should make the white blocks how they are in the actual game, where you can fall through the top and walk in front of the surface. Also, if you get the bouncy blocks working, you should add more, or place it somewhere else...right there, it just seems like something people will jump into or avoid. Another thing to consider is the playing area. Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2 were pretty huge, and had lots of stuff...this seems a bit bland. A good base for a stage, but until some pieces are filled, bland. That's just like my opinion, however.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Bomberman Land
Download Here
BRSTM (Thanks to 112 from KC-MM.com)

Changes:
~Removed the trees hanging the air
~Added background
~Adjusted collisions on ground/fence
~New boundaries/camera

The Background was made by my roommate (4Leaf. feel free to bug his smashboards account). The stage is currently set to run over WWR, but once i get the link the .rel page i'll post a link it to replace WW or possibly 75m.

anyway, pics or it didn't happen:

The collisions for the fence were kind of annoying, but i feel that they came out alright for now. My main grief with this stage is the pieces of the trees sticking up out of the ground. it turns out that they're actually part of the polygon for the ground, so removing them means removing all of the ground outside of the fenced area. i do have a plan to fix it, but i wanted to get this out before i was too swamped with school work.

Hopefully this will inspire some people to get motivated enough to start an actual bomberman PSA using his blast model. :laugh: Oh, and credit to ds22 for the original import, and thanks to Mewtwo_2000 for help on getting the background to work right.
just gonna bump this in case anyone missed it (its the last post on the page with my set up, so i'm just making sure nobody misses it).

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
New pics from my tetris stage

it won't has walls, without of walls is more playable.

Yayyy, pieces has ledges xD

well, actually, the game will erase 12 lines in total, it finish with a I piece doing a TETRIS and erasing all. Well te satge has 120 cubes only in pieces, and i need to animated all cube, with its proper colsion, i need lot of time to do it, so don't expect any early relased

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
well keep the walls there just make them intangible
That would make the stage look really dumb when you were playing it. The way he has it now is much better.

I have a question though. Wouldn't constant falling pieces cause some really high walls on the sides and/or pits in the middle that would stay until the lines get cleared? It would make it easy for camping and possibly give some characters a bit of trouble jumping around. But then again I guess it depends on the pattern and order of blocks that you use to fill the screen.

Also, what happens if the blocks land on the characters?

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
New pics from my tetris stage
*pic*
it won't has walls, without of walls is more playable.
*pic*
Yayyy, pieces has ledges xD

well, actually, the game will erase 12 lines in total, it finish with a I piece doing a TETRIS and erasing all. Well te satge has 120 cubes only in pieces, and i need to animated all cube, with its proper colsion, i need lot of time to do it, so don't expect any early relased
i thought you were going to finish your crazy weather smashville

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
That would make the stage look really dumb when you were playing it. The way he has it now is much better.

I have a question though. Wouldn't constant falling pieces cause some really high walls on the sides and/or pits in the middle that would stay until the lines get cleared? It would make it easy for camping and possibly give some characters a bit of trouble jumping around. But then again I guess it depends on the pattern and order of blocks that you use to fill the screen.

Also, what happens if the blocks land on the characters?
you goin into the block, i tryed and is'nt bad, i mean, you just jump and get out, i haven't got a better solutions, i mean, if the blocks kill you, i'll hate this stage, and for pattern, never will be any solid celling (exept when the piece fall) oh and the pieces can't rotate, (for a colission problem) it'll fall in the correct angle, the piece still move, to right/left, but my only problem with this is, if i do de animation, before some battles, the stage will be monotome and repetitive(execpt if i do 3 diferents patterns and put over SMI), so if anyone knows really good the stage, he'll have an advantaje. but remember, this is not a competitive stage, is a TETRIS stage xD. never mind, the stage don't need any new idea, i just need time (put remane and animate 120 cubes isn't really funny you know?)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
you goin into the block, i tryed and is'nt bad, i mean, you just jump and get out, i haven't got a better solutions, i mean, if the blocks kill you, i'll hate this stage, and for pattern, never will be any solid celling (exept when the piece fall) oh and the pieces can't rotate, (for a colission problem) it'll fall in the correct angle, the piece still move, to right/left, but my only problem with this is, if i do de animation, before some battles, the stage will be monotome and repetitive(execpt if i do 3 diferents patterns and put over SMI), so if anyone knows really good the stage, he'll have an advantaje. but remember, this is not a competitive stage, is a TETRIS stage xD. never mind, the stage don't need any new idea, i just need time (put remane and animate 120 cubes isn't really funny you know?)
You're definitely able to rotate them, if you do it properly. You know, tetris rotates suddenly, it goes from 0º to 90º in one frame. So use two blocks, one is size 0 while the other is size 1. When you want to rotate, you put the rotated one, and make size 0 the first one. This way, it would be rotated, and the collision would work.

Keep up the good work, the stage is sure going to be really epic ;)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
You're definitely able to rotate them, if you do it properly. You know, tetris rotates suddenly, it goes from 0º to 90º in one frame. So use two blocks, one is size 0 while the other is size 1. When you want to rotate, you put the rotated one, and make size 0 the first one. This way, it would be rotated, and the collision would work.

Keep up the good work, the stage is sure going to be really epic ;)
i'm putting 120 blocks (plus the stage's) and you want more blocks? it will be good but for now i wont rotate them

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
i'm putting 120 blocks (plus the stage's) and you want more blocks? it will be good but for now i wont rotate them
Oh, I didn't think of it, you wouldn't need any new block, only changing their position in the 4-block agrupation.

Anyway, theres too much work in getting them falling and matching, and dissapearing, so rotations are not important xD

Top Bottom