• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just didn't understand. I was kind of thinking before that 3 would be from SMB3.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Uhh....

I have recently found out I'm good at making stages now.

Yeah...

Expect these sometime in the future:

Mushroom Kingdom 2: Subcon (Melee)
Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
Mushroom Kingdom 3
Pokemon SoulSilver Intro
Realm of Paper Mario

Just hypin', and yes, I'm working on ALL of these at the same time.
Em... Soulsilver intro is mine O.o

I've been working on it just after I finished the heartgold one O.o

And anyway, you left your 3D stage template here, you dissapeared, and you're not saying a thing about it, and questions were made to you, as long as mistakes have been stated, just like the modeldata101 thingy, which appears to not be working

And now you reappear saying that you're making 5 stages at once

Please, let's be serious... o.o

EDIT: You can now get the new Venom from vault

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Em... Soulsilver intro is mine O.o

I've been working on it just after I finished the heartgold one O.o

And anyway, you left your 3D stage template here, you dissapeared, and you're not saying a thing about it, and questions were made to you, as long as mistakes have been stated, just like the modeldata101 thingy, which appears to not be working

And now you reappear saying that you're making 5 stages at once

Please, let's be serious... o.o
****, and that's the one I'm working on right now...

Yes, I did disappear, and I actually AM working on these stages, Mewtwo. Taking these custom stage blocks and stretching them/placing them on the stage is a lot easier than it sounds.

I'm also going to have more Airships in the background of my Airship stage so I can actually call it 'Airship Armada,' and I already fixed the animations/spawns for it.

Don't doubt me when I'm bored, man... :p

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Ok, IntrepidCognito, Mewtwo2000, the stages that you're working on (The Armada and The Fourside) are supposed to go in a pack that I'm currently making, and to hear that releases will be made soon pleases me. So now, it's officially a race! I'm getting ALL of the CSPs done before you guy can even release Betas!

ITS ON

EDIT: Congrats on new Venom, looks prettyful.
DOUBLE EDIT: I see you put your new Shadow System on World Martial Arts Tournament. You should use the fix that has the same kill boundaries on the grass but also has the CPUs working.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Ok, IntrepidCognito, Mewtwo2000, the stages that you're working on (The Armada and The Fourside) are supposed to go in a pack that I'm currently making, and to hear that releases will be made soon pleases me. So now, it's officially a race! I'm getting ALL of the CSPs done before you guy can even release Betas!

ITS ON

EDIT: Congrats on new Venom, looks prettyful.
...Huh?

I may take a while. The stage is as done as it was before, I'm just prettying it up with some nice background models.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
...Huh?

I may take a while. The stage is as done as it was before, I'm just prettying it up with some nice background models.
Well, the version I have in my pack has the whole Spawn Point issue, so I was waiting for another release. But since you're doing more, I guess I'll wait for the full version.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
****, and that's the one I'm working on right now...

Yes, I did disappear, and I actually AM working on these stages, Mewtwo. Taking these custom stage blocks and stretching them/placing them on the stage is a lot easier than it sounds.

I'm also going to have more Airships in the background of my Airship stage so I can actually call it 'Airship Armada,' and I already fixed the animations/spawns for it.

Don't doubt me when I'm bored, man... :p
I don't doubt you. I am simply saying that you appear to be ignoring your own 3D template and all the ones that are supposed to be guided by it O.o

About the stage blocks, yes, it's easy. That's why I'm not only placing blocks, but making ufos fly and pipes teleport ^^U

Anyway, the airship armada is really promising, it would be nice having koopas, bowser jr and some other mario characters over the airships in the background, it would make it really epic

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I don't doubt you. I am simply saying that you appear to be ignoring your own 3D template and all the ones that are supposed to be guided by it O.o

About the stage blocks, yes, it's easy. That's why I'm not only placing blocks, but making ufos fly and pipes teleport ^^U

Anyway, the airship armada is really promising, it would be nice having koopas, bowser jr and some other mario characters over the airships in the background, it would make it really epic
Good idea, I could have Magikoopas and Koopas on them. :bee:

I guess you're right about the template. I'll get it fixed up when I can, I really want to get it on the OP, though... :-/

Also, would you mind if I use your Mushroom Kingdom stage to guide me a bit? And how do you get collisions to move like with your platforms on the stage? I'm trying to make stages that you'd see in YouTube videos often (like Realm of Falcon), but I'll admit I'm not nearly the hacker you are. :laugh:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Sure, just get it and inspect every element you want xD

To make collisions move, you have to make a new collision object, and make it have the name of a model and one of its bones in it. Get any of my moving platforms, or even falcon flyer, arwings... In the collision editor they show the name. You must make the same for your moving models.

Brawlbox does not allow you to give name to collision objects, so you will need to do some hex editing. It's quite easy though ^^U

Mit

Smash Ace
Quick question.

Wouldn't a Dream Land 64 be a pretty easy stage to make? It's weird that it hasn't been done already. Can't you just take the Melee Dream Land stage, remove the falling blocks, remove the two side sections, enlarge the middle section, and add a third, top platform above it and basically be done? It would even still have the tree D: Perhaps it's not easy to remove the blocks and still have the tree work? I don't know.

Someone should do it, though :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I would do it, I've learned how to make n64 stages the more accurately possible (there is battlefield 64). But I have too many projects in my hands right now -.-

I must finish fourside beta, it's my first big project and yet the last to be released O.o xD

And there's project f, mighty poo, rayquazas lake, finishing mushroom 64...

I plan to make the donkey kong one though, it seems to be even easier and faster to make than battlefield 64 (done in 2 days)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Oh i know you weren't insulting me i pointing out i think it could have gone better

i think it's a bad idea to give fairknight a good idea :p

Well i would release however i want to add lightning to it which is the only reason why i haven't released it yet
Just so long as it's not distracting... lol

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I didn't include them, I made mine and I expect them to be good enough ^^U

Test it anyway, I know in the beginning there was some wall that was tresspassed and you died, then there were some problems in one wing, and the upper wings had ledges, though they are supposed to not having them. These are all the things I remember to have fixed by time.

Mit

Smash Ace
Minor qualm, but I'm assuming the Great Fox is still the same size? It seems like it would benefit if it was not as long as it currently is. Sometimes the nose of the Great Fox blocks your view of the action when the camera moves in certain ways. If the ship was squished down a bit length-wise (not the wings or anything, the other way), it might help with that, and shouldn't be too noticeable from the camera's angle.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Eh, while I'm trying to figure out the lights angle problem, I figured I'd try out another idea I've had that doesn't require upwards angles:

Stage made by someone else, I think it's either Canon98 or rihuganon

Need to fix a few things first though:

1) Make petals smaller, they're too big right now
2) Make petals more solid or luminescent of possible
3) Move snow model downwards if possible, right now the petals stop falling in a visible area, if this is possible someone tell me how to do it

Also, the petals look too big TO ME, I'd like some other opinions though

Oh and just for the lulz, random shot:

D

Deleted member

I'm really looking forward to the Soul Silver intro stage.

Do Lugia justice, Mewtwo 2000!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Minor qualm, but I'm assuming the Great Fox is still the same size? It seems like it would benefit if it was not as long as it currently is. Sometimes the nose of the Great Fox blocks your view of the action when the camera moves in certain ways. If the ship was squished down a bit length-wise (not the wings or anything, the other way), it might help with that, and shouldn't be too noticeable from the camera's angle.
I already did that some time ago, if I make it more, it will be... a kinda strange greatfox O.o xD

I'm thinking on test cameras from other stages, they could be working better for it than the one it's using right now O.o

I'm really looking forward to the Soul Silver intro stage.

Do Lugia justice, Mewtwo 2000!
I will xD

Mit

Smash Ace
I already did that some time ago, if I make it more, it will be... a kinda strange greatfox O.o xD

I'm thinking on test cameras from other stages, they could be working better for it than the one it's using right now O.o

I will xD
Ah, perhaps I need to just need to give it a try again then.

Looking forward to that Lugia stage as well. Using Dantarion's code on Wifi will be great with the Ho-Oh and Lugia stages :) I just need a good brstm to put on it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Ah, perhaps I need to just need to give it a try again then.

Looking forward to that Lugia stage as well. Using Dantarion's code on Wifi will be great with the Ho-Oh and Lugia stages :) I just need a good brstm to put on it.
I did the brstm for the song in this video, if interested

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
do you think that someone can create a version of rainbow cruise, without the panning camera, where you fight on one of the mountainsides or that small village or something? how would you go about doing that?
You'd probably have to port it to another stage, then use a REL to put it back over Rainbow Cruise.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman

1. Has this been done before?

2. If not,I need a bit of help with this stage I'm working on. I also replaced the Arwing/Wolfen's model with the trophy one, but the collision data no longer follows the model. Also, their paths need a bit of fixing.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman

1. Has this been done before?

2. If not,I need a bit of help with this stage I'm working on. I also replaced the Arwing/Wolfen's model with the trophy one, but the collision data no longer follows the model. Also, their paths need a bit of fixing.
O wow that looks cool. I can't recall seeing it. I'm working on importing the corneria model from lylat cruise to there, it should be done soon.

the roost is already in smashville xD at least the bar part and the bird

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo_2000 was working on something similar to that awhile ago but, I think he stopped working on it.
Yeah, that's right xD

I had much projects in mind and I put it on a hold. This is how it looks on present day

It's cool to see someone making a stage from this trophy too. About the collisions not following them, just rename the models name and animated bone to the ones the collision objects use. Collisions are attached to bones and models, not to modeldatas or something like that. So you must have the model with the proper name and bone name.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
I got lucky actually, the Automatic Mdl0 resizer seems to work just fine with trophys. Though it took about 7 attempts to get a close enough scale. So I have a few more ideas for stages, especially that SSE canon, I've always wanted to turn that into a stage.

But that program doesn't seem to work on anything else.

Yeah, that's right xD

I had much projects in mind and I put it on a hold. This is how it looks on present day

It's cool to see someone making a stage from this trophy too. About the collisions not following them, just rename the models name and animated bone to the ones the collision objects use. Collisions are attached to bones and models, not to modeldatas or something like that. So you must have the model with the proper name and bone name.
Thanks for that, and this thing goes up on Friday, if you want to get yours out there first I suggest you get busy.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Quick question, is there any way to change the placement of models?

I'm trying to move the snow model down, I edit the translation values in Brawlbox and it looks fine in there but nothing changes in-game :/

EDIT: Also, is there a way to change the size of models, like stretch them or something, again I tried changing the scale values in BB and nothing happened in-game

NO@H

Smash Journeyman

I'm trying to move the snow model down, I edit the translation values in Brawlbox and it looks fine in there but nothing changes in-game :/

EDIT: Also, is there a way to change the size of models, like stretch them or something, again I tried changing the scale values in BB and nothing happened in-game
yeah, you can move and rotate models with the bones, buti have also had difficulty moving rain and snow animations. idk why

OizenX

Smash Journeyman

Make sure you change the location in the stage animation, as well as the model with out animation.

I mean enter the values with no animation selected (0/0 frames), then select the animation and enter the exact same values.(1/X frames)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I got lucky actually, the Automatic Mdl0 resizer seems to work just fine with trophys. Though it took about 7 attempts to get a close enough scale. So I have a few more ideas for stages, especially that SSE canon, I've always wanted to turn that into a stage.

But that program doesn't seem to work on anything else.

Thanks for that, and this thing goes up on Friday, if you want to get yours out there first I suggest you get busy.
Resizing models even in brawlbox makes these things to characters, I first noticed it when I first tried to animate rayquaza for my original rayquaza's lake stage. It's not that the program doesn't work. It's only that certain models are supposed to be resized only by character animations.

Well, about your stage going up on friday, I won't try to compete, your stage is finished and mine is put in hold, it wouldn't make sense. I will try to make a it good stage any day though :p

Now I'm supposed to focus on one of my first projects, fourside, and have a public beta this week ^^U

Btw, nice work with the stage, it sure is going to be claimed ;)

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
I tried renaming the bones to such.

Fixed the collision problem But, I ended up with a huge arwing. Bet I set the scale wrong or somthing.

No worries, I can fix this easily.

hey, Huge *** arwings could be a stage too? ^_^' ...

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh my, I have an idea for a new stage... O.o xDDDDD

Too many ideas, too much work T_T xDD

It's related to a stage of starfox64. I will tell you guys my new idea in the near future, but now's not the moment :p

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Make sure you change the location in the stage animation, as well as the model with out animation.

I mean enter the values with no animation selected (0/0 frames), then select the animation and enter the exact same values.(1/X frames)
I can't find the animation, I open up the snow model in the preview and open the right and bottom tabs, I tried playing all of the things listed on the right and none of them animated the snow, do i need something else?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I tried renaming the bones to such.

Fixed the collision problem But, I ended up with a huge arwing. Bet I set the scale wrong or somthing.

No worries, I can fix this easily.

hey, Huge *** arwings could be a stage too? ^_^' ...
I have a question, is your stage going over the actual corneria? If so, is the great fox shooting rays?

Top Bottom