• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Ah. For reflective shiny, Spear Pillar diamonds are good, and the Battlefield diamond is reflective and transparent. A really good one is part of the platform on Pot Town Aero Drive.

Samus is shiny too :p
hm... for port town, would the shifting light (i.e. "shine") be a side effect of the stage moving? i'll test later to see what importing the scene data will do.

Xigger

Smash Lord
hm... for port town, would the shifting light (i.e. "shine") be a side effect of the stage moving? i'll test later to see what importing the scene data will do.
Stage moving, don't think so. Camera moving, yes. I might be wrong, but I think the shiny comes from a texture as well.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Xigger, I think I deleted your post trying to merge them, oops. Silly 502s. Here's your original, sorry.

@ xigger: i'll look at FD/BF to see if its what i want, but i'm not so sure... pretty sure they're just textures. what do you have in the way of shiny/metalic?
Ah. For reflective shiny, Spear Pillar diamonds are good, and the Battlefield diamond is reflective and transparent. A really good one is part of the platform on Pot Town Aero Drive.

Samus is shiny too :p

why no one is answering me ????
No one is sure if you're back or not :laugh:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
crystals...
MMS !

oug...><
my one is crappy at this point ?
not crappy. i'm just making it perfect. i've actually left a lot of your original models in. i may, though, take out the "rock" you have in the back and replace it with blocks to more match the style of the front.

I've been gone that long. What is it?
Metal Mario Stage. i'm prettying up Gamewatching's current version. you can get it from brawlvault. its currently under Onett.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Whoever sent me the Smashville Beach files with the umbrellas removed did it wrong. Chuy's made the entire stage clear and the other guy made my game freeze =(

I tried playing with the umbrellas still there, its too hard. I dont like them. Super distracting.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Whoever sent me the Smashville Beach files with the umbrellas removed did it wrong. Chuy's made the entire stage clear and the other guy made my game freeze =(

I tried playing with the umbrellas still there, its too hard. I dont like them. Super distracting.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Metal Mario Stage. i'm prettying up Gamewatching's current version. you can get it from brawlvault. its currently under Onett.
Oooo, that stage is nice. I'm not sure if there's anything that would shine quite like those diamonds.... SSE might be hiding something... My money's on Port Town Aero Drive's platform. Although if it is texture based, then the shine won't look good on multiple surfaces of the diamond.

Ooo, a challenge where others have failed. I'll try!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Oooo, that stage is nice. I'm not sure if there's anything that would shine quite like those diamonds.... SSE might be hiding something... My money's on Port Town Aero Drive's platform. Although if it is texture based, then the shine won't look good on multiple surfaces of the diamond.

Ooo, a challenge where others have failed. I'll try!
i'm also considering trying the texture out on the base of the stage to see if it adds the "metallic" feel. there probably is something in the SSE factory levels, though.

Xigger

Smash Lord
i'm also considering trying the texture out on the base of the stage to see if it adds the "metallic" feel. there probably is something in the SSE factory levels, though.
I'd take a look for you, except going through the entire stage file is a pain, and I'm dealing with a problem on my stage at the moment.

Instead of each surface on a diamond using the same texture shine, what if each one had their own? You could get away with only using about 4-6 textures, and it would give off the proper reflections.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is there a specific property that i would need to look for, or just do rehashes of the same "shiny" texture? it would seem like the latter would get the desired effect pretty easily, especially if i just rip the PTAD plat one as a base.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Crazy thought.

It may have to do with clr0s. Or rather, it may be possible to imitate it using clr0.
Battlefield's sky for instance, uses clr0s to change the time of day.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

Amazing all i did was delete the darn models >.>
EDIT:wait i see what i did wrong
yeah i'll have a fix up in about 5 mins or so

Xigger

Smash Lord
is there a specific property that i would need to look for, or just do rehashes of the same "shiny" texture? it would seem like the latter would get the desired effect pretty easily, especially if i just rip the PTAD plat one as a base.
I'm not sure. It could be a texture, scene data, or even part of the polygon itself. Try porting the base to see if it works, then the texture, then the scene data and see when it pops up.

@UTDZAC: Already finished. I'll upload them and give you the link.

Xigger

Smash Lord
@xigger i'm done just uploading it it taking forever DX
You jerk, I just finished it... This makes us rivals! I'll get you next time Chuy!! :mad:

BTW, replacing the model with an empty model is much safer than deleting it altogether.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
You jerk, I just finished it... This makes us rivals! I'll get you next time Chuy!! :mad:

BTW, replacing the model with an empty model is much safer than deleting it altogether.
I know and that's why i replace it with a static model
And you have to be faster i've only ever been ninja'd at something about 10 times EVAR

Mit

Smash Ace
Are the umbrellas directly intrusive? Like, do characters clip through them?

Or are they just too sexy for you to keep your eyes off them? :p I haven't tried it myself yet but I do plan on it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
They are just annoying to look at. The white contrasts badly with the rest of the stage as your eyes try to focus on the match and the characters.

@Xigger, you only uploaded 1 file, i need 5 for smashville lol... 00-04

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
They are just annoying to look at. The white contrasts badly with the rest of the stage as your eyes try to focus on the match and the characters.

@Xigger, you only uploaded 1 file, i need 5 for smashville lol... 00-04

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
**** it.... brawl is not working rite nao.... mah brawlz is way too scratched!! D: i really wanna get it legally, so imma have to buy a used copy :(

huh. i tested it out myself with no freeze. better look back at it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
<The Subspace Gunship>

It's about time I went public with this. This is one of the largest stages to be hacked in, and quite a spectacular view as well. It is ported off of the trophy model, which looks surprisingly well when scaled so largely, despite the polygonic look. However, many structures are missing, such as Bowser and Ganondorf's platform, and as you can tell the textures aren't that great... But it's still pretty amazing! And it doesn't lag unless you use camera hacks >.>

The main idea isn't set in stone yet, but here's a pretty good idea of what to expect: The camera will scroll along the entire ship, minus the backside which will be covered in Subspace. The lighting and fog may change, and There might be cannon fire and stage animations if things go well. I've made a list below of all the ideas so far.

Current Status:
  • The stage is only scaled at half the maximum limit to prevent worse graphics. I want it near original size, not shrunk like Corneria.
  • Half-way done with stage collisions.
  • Setting the stage perfectly straight is proving hard...
  • Ported over Battlefield, but willing to port to any other stage with enough stage animations.

Considerable Ideas:
  • Figure out how to get a wind effect for those aerial-challenged characters.
  • Decide if camera should move at a constant rate or varied speed.
  • Rip sound effect from cutscene and include the giant subspace blast?
  • Cannons fire at nothing or at the fighters?
  • Scenery effects. Fog? Twirling matter into Subspace? How much lighting?
  • Dying from touching the Subspace?
  • If things end up badly, resort to a floating platform to land around the ship :(

This has been a one-man project, but I would gladly accept support and ideas from other people.

More pictures!

Quoting since I merged the project thread into this and didn't want this to get lost.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Double post. not awesome

i used to have that stage not QUITE so large. but you know general concept, and i think he or she put it without the darkness effect, and gave it wind effects. but not on such a large scale.

Top Bottom