• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
that's pretty cool :D

and btw,
i started my latest SSBB hack :

thanks RTB !
TommoPuppy said:
Solution: Make two versions. One that tilts and one that doesn't
If it doesn't rotate wouldn't the bottom right platform need to be removed for balance purposes?
At any rate, this was one of my favorite stages from Melee- I'm really excited to see someone talented taking interest in it =P
I hope you don't remove its personality by removing the rotation, if it's possible to recreate, but I do understand the reasons for considering it. Releasing the stage with and without rotation is definitely the best option, in my opinion.

EDIT:
gamewatching said:
stopped brawl hacking !
i even cancelled Brinstar Depth D:
=O
=(
=|

Xigger

Smash Lord
Ok, I got Brinstar Depth imported into BrawlBox, but I had to reduce the polygon/vertex/faces (I have no clue) count.
Therefor, it doesn't look that well.
Sure there's no way to keep the original model? I mean, My Subspace Gunship stage has more vertexes than any other model in Brawl and it works just fine.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'd like to help with foutain of dreams if you wouldn't mind letting me. I needed somthing new to work on :D

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he wasn't even gone for a whole 24 hours.... you fail at quitting... i'm not completely sure, but i don't think it qualifies as a double negative...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
If it doesn't rotate wouldn't the bottom right platform need to be removed for balance purposes?
At any rate, this was one of my favorite stages from Melee- I'm really excited to see someone talented taking interest in it =P
I hope you don't remove its personality by removing the rotation, if it's possible to recreate, but I do understand the reasons for considering it. Releasing the stage with and without rotation is definitely the best option, in my opinion.
It'd be better to raise the boundary at the bottom of the stage since there's no need to go down there, for the non-rotating version.

Sure there's no way to keep the original model? I mean, My Subspace Gunship stage has more vertexes than any other model in Brawl and it works just fine.
Verticies* And it's about the file size, not the poly count. OBJ imports are HUGE.

i got bored...
i m back to brawl hacking T.T
Wtf? No seriously, wtf.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Verticies* And it's about the file size, not the poly count. OBJ imports are HUGE.
Bleh... I thought we were in the future were Maya allowed Model importing. Well then, a vertex hack of a previous stage is the only solution. And thanks for the spell check.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hiatuses are on thing(I took one from December to February on account of my networking hardware being on the fritz), but that's ridiculous.

Also, .obj imports are huge. You have to scale it to about 1/20th it's actual size to get it to brawl's standards.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Project Subspace Gunship

<The Subspace Gunship>

It's about time I went public with this. This is one of the largest stages to be hacked in, and quite a spectacular view as well. It is ported off of the trophy model, which looks surprisingly well when scaled so largely, despite the polygonic look. However, many structures are missing, such as Bowser and Ganondorf's platform, and as you can tell the textures aren't that great... But it's still pretty amazing! And it doesn't lag unless you use camera hacks >.>

The main idea isn't set in stone yet, but here's a pretty good idea of what to expect: The camera will scroll along the entire ship, minus the backside which will be covered in Subspace. The lighting and fog may change, and There might be cannon fire and stage animations if things go well. I've made a list below of all the ideas so far.

Current Status:
  • The stage is only scaled at half the maximum limit to prevent worse graphics. I want it near original size, not shrunk like Corneria.
  • Half-way done with stage collisions.
  • Setting the stage perfectly straight is proving hard...
  • Ported over Battlefield, but willing to port to any other stage with enough stage animations.

Considerable Ideas:
  • Figure out how to get a wind effect for those aerial-challenged characters.
  • Decide if camera should move at a constant rate or varied speed.
  • Rip sound effect from cutscene and include the giant subspace blast?
  • Cannons fire at nothing or at the fighters?
  • Scenery effects. Fog? Twirling matter into Subspace? How much lighting?
  • Dying from touching the Subspace?
  • If things end up badly, resort to a floating platform to land around the ship :(

This has been a one-man project, but I would gladly accept support and ideas from other people.

More pictures!

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I completely support this! unfortunatley, I'm too busy at the moment to help.

Also, if you can get cannons to do damage, go ahead and make them fire at the fighters.

Fen__

Smash Ace
For overcoming texture mapping problems with vertex-edited models... Couldn't you do the following?

1. Export the vertex-edited mdl0
2. Convert to obj and edit the texture
3. Import the obj to BrawlBox
4. Export this model's texture (so that it gets exported with the same mapping as usual)
5. Import that texture onto the vertex-edited mdl0 you started with

Obviously, this whole process depends on step 4 working, and I'm not sure it would, honestly. I don't know how BrawlBox determines how to map textures.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm under the impression that you can't cause the stage to do damage. I've seen people comment on it a few times, but the only one I can specifically remember is Mewtwo2000 saying that Saffron City won't be able to have the pokemon do damage.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nope. you gotta find a way yourself.

i actually stumbled across a possible solution (see: ghetto fix) when making my SSB64 Intro stage. problem being it requires a lot more models.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'm under the impression that you can't cause the stage to do damage. I've seen people comment on it a few times, but the only one I can specifically remember is Mewtwo2000 saying that Saffron City won't be able to have the pokemon do damage.
I'm not keeping my hopes too high on this one... Perhaps it has to be ported over Halberd or Corneria to keep the blasting effects. We'll see what happens in the future.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Are there models in the game that give off a shiny effect like a crystal??
I know these ones inside and out, but it depends what shine you're looking for; Some shine, some reflect, a few warp light like a diamond, and some stage effects give the appearance of shiny.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I know these ones inside and out, but it depends what shine you're looking for; Some shine, some reflect, a few warp light like a diamond, and some stage effects give the appearance of shiny.
in that case, list all of them. i need something besides my current idea (which, honestly, would make the file size really big).

edit: list the ones, specifically, that are triangular or square

Xigger

Smash Lord
in that case, list all of them. i need something besides my current idea (which, honestly, would make the file size really big).
This sounds like fun for some reason :p

Battlefield: Bright sky, Crystal
Final Destination: Crystal
Pokemon Stadium: Both, lights
Smashville: Various lighting effects
Tabuu's Corruption: Awesome stage

I'm gonna stop before I examine every stage.... What you're looking for is a crystal, right? Like Battlefield and Final Destination?

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
More Facility pics:

I love mariokart64n's Mewtwo xD
Yo mewtwo_2000 when you use that mewtwo in battle does his grabs and side smashes work all of the time. cuz mine dont. sometimes it just does the attack but no damage occurs. can u send me your mewtwo files. the way you have your mewtwo set up. by the way i using the mewtwo v5.5 psa.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
@ xigger: i'll look at FD/BF to see if its what i want, but i'm not so sure... pretty sure they're just textures. what do you have in the way of shiny/metalic?

Top Bottom