• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Revven

FrankerZ
How come you haven't chopped off that part of the floor that's off to the side of the stage yet? It's not in the original and it looks odd being there.

Fen__

Smash Ace
How come you haven't chopped off that part of the floor that's off to the side of the stage yet? It's not in the original and it looks odd being there.
Yes, it is.

EDIT: Or are you talking about the left side? If you are, it does go down the left side, but not as far as in his.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Saffron City is getting better. It will take more time than Hyrule for sure xD

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
uh i need some help. is there any tool out there that can open RSBE01.gct?

I need to edit the codes i have on my RSBE01.gct.

plz help.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
I M GOING TO REMAKE THE CRYSTALS WITH CAPSULES MDL0s BECAUSE I USED THE ASSIST TROPHY ONES AND NOW HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR MATERIALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
uh i need some help. is there any tool out there that can open RSBE01.gct?

I need to edit the codes i have on my RSBE01.gct.

plz help.
Well, he still has to animate the platforms...
One of them is already animated, but I'm not releasing it yet because of handrail lack and a few more things. Pokemon won't be there for the first release anyway, so it will be in the vault pretty soon.

Also, I've made this 'stage'

It's meant to be opened and studied by stage hackers who use stage builder blocks, SSE stages and imported stages from other games. With the models in here, a medium hacker should be able to place shadows on the ground of stages, making them look much better.

That's my shadow system I made some time ago, but I've not seen much stages using it. And it's a shame.

All my newer stages use it, of course ^^U

Also, it's a fun stage to play, gigantic and without a visible ground. Only shadows show you where you really are xD

Matteron

Smash Ace
One of them is already animated, but I'm not releasing it yet because of handrail lack and a few more things. Pokemon won't be there for the first release anyway, so it will be in the vault pretty soon.

Also, I've made this 'stage'

-shadow stage

It's meant to be opened and studied by stage hackers who use stage builder blocks, SSE stages and imported stages from other games. With the models in here, a medium hacker should be able to place shadows on the ground of stages, making them look much better.

That's my shadow system I made some time ago, but I've not seen much stages using it. And it's a shame.

All my newer stages use it, of course ^^U

Also, it's a fun stage to play, gigantic and without a visible ground. Only shadows show you where you really are xD
Oh, this is definitely going into my stages

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
You know, Mewtwo_2000, there have been several good looking stages I've seen (at KC:MM, at least) that either use your shadow method or already use the TShadow texture mapping. Still, if there hasn't been much that use them, it is a shame, especially since I kind of requested it way back when...

In any case, I have to give this stuff a go. I'm not even taking classes yet, so why am I waiting? :/

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Mewtwo, are you gonna have the little Pokemon fly in the background like in the original?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Mewtwo, are you gonna have the little Pokemon fly in the background like in the original?
Yeah, but not for the first release xD

@Blitzkrieg98

The ammount of shadow-added stages in kc-mm is really low I guess ^^U

EDIT: Another preview

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it seems like the frequency of the platforms' movements is to high. they should wait longer at the top and bottom of their fluctuations.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You know, a lot of stages lack good hacks because of their tiny file size.

It kinda sucks and limits my creativity.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
We won't be getting whirlwinds and the like until we can edit stage rels.
I know the FSL stinks, but I'm bothered by the fact that some vertex sets(I.E. the stage builder mushrooms) aren't supported by DDV. If you use either method, you will get errors.
Fortunately, many stage parts can be vertex edited to your heart's content.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Simply adding whirlwinds would be easy; there are plenty of tornado models in Brawl.

Now if you wanted them to actually do something, that's another story.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Yeesh, I've been gone a while, haven't I? Did you miss me?

They didn't miss me...

Anyways, how does an SNES Corneria sound for everyone? I'm using the SNES models from WarioWare: Smooth Moves (THESE work, Balloon Fighter doesn't D:<) and making it into one of those stages that has a simple platform with crap flying in the background.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
is there some majoras mask stages wind waker, twilight princess i mean some of zelda stages?.
i will love to see some kakariko or ordon pond stage XD.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I tried doing some stage related hacking today, but I didn't make much progress.

-Tried making WarioWare with Yoshi's Island's background, but gave up because the background was too confusing with all its bones
-Tried making Rainbow Cruise with Rainbow Road in the background, but adding all that stuff more than doubled the file size
-Considered making a stage with either Distant Planet's or Brinstar's background, but couldn't decide which stage to use because I'm sick of Battlefield and Final Destination getting all the good stuff
-Tried to freeze WarioWare by editing MiscData like I did with Pokemon Stadium 2, but only got as far as this mess before deciding to call it a night

So yeah, I'm trying to get back into hacking, but I had a rough day.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
good work mewtwo_200 with the shadows system !
A new step in the brawl hacking :laugh:

also edited the left side

EDIT :
IT IS OK NOW ????

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
He forgot the whirl winds :p
The stage is not complete, it's almost complete. I have to fix a little one or two textures, and the whirlwinds, of course. Having a real whirlwind is impossible as Eternal Yoshi says, at least until rel edition is possible. But I had though on playing around with moving collisions, just like in mushroom kingdom, so the whirlwind traps you in some way and makes you be in the air. I wouldn't hurt, but the effect would be similar. Also, it wouldn't be random, it would spawn the same place, the same time.

But I don't think that part is really important, so I'm leaving it for later. I want first to make public versions of at least Saffron City and, if I have time enough, Facility.

Top Bottom