• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mit

Smash Ace
Final critique on the Metal Mario stage:

The biggest remaining differences I think are the two humps at the edges of the main stage. The left hump should start at around the halfway point on the stage, and reach all the way to the edge. It's just two short (length-wise, not height-wise) right now. On the right side of the stage, the very last part of the hump (the flat, and not angled part) isn't extending far enough out from the stage. It should be longer.

Some might say your platform is a little too close to the stage, but I'm sure it's fine for Brawl. 64's jump mechanics were different and when you put platforms like that it's too high for Brawl. So it should be fine.

Also, the entire base of the stage (the crystal part) is just awkwardly tall. Should be a bit shorter.

Although, these are just final nitpicks. If you think it's good enough to be released, go ahead and do it :) I'm sure plenty of people are still more than happy to play it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks, Mewtwo. I'll try it out and give you the results.

Edit: For some reason, I cannot edit the values when I imported the Scene Data.

Nevermind, works now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, what about me? Lol.

I'm doing more than importing just a few blocks, and besides, I also had to resize. Three times, actually. I also had to restart a huge part of my stage because when I played Majora's Mask, it was totally different from my memories and pictures I saw. That, and I also first created the textures by myself, but then used some from the actual game.

Also, in the download, I'll include the song I made for the stage.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Th front of the statue is a normal block, but the top isn't, that would be hard to make, to be honest.

Also, the fog worked, but it's above the stage, so I only see it when I jump. How do I fix this?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I need a pic of the stage and the fog O.o

Which stages are you working on now, Mewtwo2000?
I'm not working on a thing right now, I have an exam tomorrow.

And after the exam, I'll keep working on Saffron and Facility. Saffron should be finished for a beta soon, Facility will take a little more time.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sure, give me a minute.

There you go: http://img229.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=al10062419131binout.jpg

The first two pictures show the fog, which can only be seen when the camera zooms out, when I jump, or when I get far away from the opponent (In this case, same as camera zooming out).

The second picture is when I'm near the opponent. I want the fog to be not as thick (Look at the picture below, for the bottom of the tower), and I want it to be under the platforms, or at the same level.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks. Also, if anyone has an idea on how I could make the statue look more like how it is in-game, I'd like to hear your suggestions. The top is actually a vertex hacked stage builder part.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Okay. Decrease the float1 to a lower number. If it's 200, try 50.

And make new pictures with that new number.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What the heck? When I try to change the values, it works, but when I save it, the values get changed to "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory ".

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Just posted my CSS and SSS on BrawlVault... nobody did take pics for me so I posted it with a pic of the Background I animated instead -_-

It's based upon a location within Terra Tower from Chrono Cross.

I'm basically free until next Tuesday so I'll be finishing a lot of incomplete work.
First characters, stages later as they take more work... Metamine was the exception because it was 2D and it would improve my stage hacking skills. lol

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
What the heck? When I try to change the values, it works, but when I save it, the values get changed to "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory ".
Close brawlbox, quit and put the SD and try again O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Weird, that didn't work either. But, I managed to fix it by replacing the Scene Data again and doing it once more.

Edit: Heh, it worked first, but now, not anymore.

NecroMasterX

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I decided to add a chao playing a guitar in the background of guitar destination. So I used the edited version of the chao trophy that was in OizenX's radical highway, and when it launched ingame, this happened:

I've been having a lot of problems with messed up textures in stages recently.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It looks like a Sackchao!

Anyway, I have a question about stages. Do PAL and NTSC use the same REL files? If not, where can I find some PAL ones?
EDIT: Google solved my problems.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I'll do the fog later, I guess..

Any suggestions for how to make the head statue look better?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

Matteron

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I decided to add a chao playing a guitar in the background of guitar destination. So I used the edited version of the chao trophy that was in OizenX's radical highway, and when it launched ingame, this happened:
~chao pic
I've been having a lot of problems with messed up textures in stages recently.
Did you take the guitar model from my toonlink guitar-erang hack? If so give credit...OR YOU WILL DIE!!!

Matteron

Smash Ace
Should I try to remake my 3D airman stage, or should I make my Star-um...SECRET STAGE!!! duh duh duh
Edit: By remake, i mean fix it and add new things, because the old one was bland...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I say you make it on Mushroomy Kingdom so it scrolls forward, with your custom blocks and collisions. I had a similar idea, and it's also related to Mega Man, but you'll have to wait for it. =3

Matteron

Smash Ace
Has anyone figured out damaging collisions yet? I need them for the stage...
P.S. I'm sticking with Airman for now, and will probably make the new one after.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Get a stage with damaging collisions and move the bones with damaging to wherever you want. The damage comes with the rel file, so you would need to base your stage in one of the few ones with this property.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Get a stage with damaging collisions and move the bones with damaging to wherever you want. The damage comes with the rel file, so you would need to base your stage in one of the few ones with this property.
Ok got it, just one more question. Is it possible to make a model load different textures?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Ok got it, just one more question. Is it possible to make a model load different textures?
You mean having different instances of the same object with a different texture each one? Sure. In some of my stages I'm using multiple copies of the same objects, and they all have their own textures. Just have to change the texture names inside materials1 (inside each material are the textures, no material name change is needed), texture1 and texture2 (if exists)

Fen__

Smash Ace
Only semi-related, but this reminds me of when someone placed the smash ball's texture over Mario so that Mario's texture was animated. Has anyone looked into how the few animated textures in the game work?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I believe the texture animation allows you to mirror the texture, rotate, translate, and scale it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Top Bottom