• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, why is it important to disable custom stages on random select? Does it glitch out or something?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The reason would be to allow people to choose which stages they do and don't want on random. There is a code to enable custom stages on random, but then you can't select them yourself. Still, I might put that code in (at least for the +16 and +36 versions.)

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Also there is a slight problem with the prevbases in your sel_map template. Their formats are I4 so unless you change the format to CMPR like they should be any prevbase you replace them with will be in black and white.

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
It doesn't seem to work, for whatever reason, all of the custom stages load the tracks from battlefield. So, I was wondering if things were finalized.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
You need to use this tracklist modifier code. With it you can make the custom stages play the music of any preexisting stage. Alternatively you could make certain preexisting stages use the same music to free up slots, for example making Jungle Japes use Kongo Jungle's music or Pokemon Stadium 1 use Pokemon Stadium 2's music.

Last edited:

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
I decided to just use the old stage tracklist code (by oshtoby).
However, I had to cut down the number of stages to 16 because of the code limit.
Here is a link to the build if anyone wants it (no stages have been added).
https://www.mediafire.com/?dei1m2b73b1r1d7
If you have a way to raise the code limit above 8260, or how to use oshtoby's code for 36 additional stages without going over the limit, please let me know.

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Nice! So I'll be able to put the stage-dependent song loader codes back in. (If anyone wants to use the tracklist modifier, feel free to take those out.)
I'm working on a new layout (38 stages per screen) - how's this look?

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Nice! So I'll be able to put the stage-dependent song loader codes back in. (If anyone wants to use the tracklist modifier, feel free to take those out.)
I'm working on a new layout (38 stages per screen) - how's this look?
Looks great, do the icons look too small on screen with an additional row and technically two more columns?

Last edited:

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
*Slow clap
*Gives big hug
*Becomes eternal slave

To pay you back, here is the 36 stage version I made:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ywkc1ba8i7xruga
For some reason when I try to use it the screen freezes on a black background when I press Play on the Launcher. So I took the codeset from before and added the Stage Dependant Song Loader myself. The only problem is that on STGCUSTOM01 and STGCUSTOM02 (which are Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Mushroom Kingdom Melee) in the middle of the song (which is the SMB main theme replacing Step: The Plain) it cuts out and makes creepy staticy noises before going back to the song.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
For some reason when I try to use it the screen freezes on a black background when I press Play on the Launcher. So I took the codeset from before and added the Stage Dependant Song Loader myself. The only problem is that on STGCUSTOM01 and STGCUSTOM02 (which are Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Mushroom Kingdom Melee) in the middle of the song (which is the SMB main theme replacing Step: The Plain) it cuts out and makes creepy staticy noises before going back to the song.
Sounds like an issue with the BRSTM. Try deleting it from the SD card and copying it back again.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
So I guess the 0C icon won't be an issue as long as you're not using an icon that's transparent? I think most people can live with that.

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
...So I took the codeset from before and added the Stage Dependant Song Loader myself.
I actually found out later on that I forgot to put in the extra stage dependent song loader codes (Only 16 stages had independent songs, the rest loaded battlefield's tracks). When I tried to re-add them, I went over the code limit. Can you send me a link to your build?

Edit: Just downloaded the version on the 1st page, everything is fine. Ignore this post and my build.

Thank you for correcting my faulty brawl-hacking good sir.

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice

For the +12 version, only the stages selected in the random stage select will be chosen on random, and the expansion stages will never be chosen.
AAAAH! I love you for this! :D Thanks for making the 34+ version so it keeps the right pane next to the stage preview, I use it for important tournament rules/reminders to be always visible. :D

Just one question, will it be possible for you to show us how to make it to any version (like the +34 one) can have the "Random Stage Select" work the same as the +12 version, Please? This mod would be absolutely perfect if you could show us to to do it, so that only stages selected in the "Random Stage Select" will be chosen at random.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The random stage select won't work properly for more than 12 additional stages. The options are (1) to enable all stages, which is what I did, or (2) to have it so when Battlefield is enabled it sometimes loads STGCUSTOM0D, when Final Destination is enabled it sometimes loads STGCUSTOM0E, and so on for the remaining STGCUSTOM stages.
I guess a third option would be to roll some dice. Maybe a 7-sided die for the column and a six-sided one for the row, depending on what you want enabled.

Last edited:

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible that you released a clean slate version of this awesome mod? Something like a blank slate (with no original stages/thumbnails (just numbers) and no ASL codes in the codeset). I wanna use MewTwo2000's ASL tool, but it doesn't seem to work and it doesn't recognize 3.6's ASL code even though I know it comes with it and it loads alternate stages. So basically, I want to add all 78 stages from scratch, as well as alternate ASL stages. Is this possible?
Thanks and keep up your awesome work!!

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible that you released a clean slate version of this awesome mod? Something like a blank slate (with no original stages/thumbnails (just numbers) and no ASL codes in the codeset). I wanna use MewTwo2000's ASL tool, but it doesn't seem to work and it doesn't recognize 3.6's ASL code even though I know it comes with it and it loads alternate stages. So basically, I want to add all 78 stages from scratch, as well as alternate ASL stages. Is this possible?
What version of ASL Tool are you using? The most recent release of the tool is 3.6 compatible and is fully functional with Stage Expansion.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Could I copy over all the alt stages I have from the 3.5 version into the 3.6 one? What all would I have to copy over besides the .rel files and the .pac files?
(I think it's like common_5 or sumtin I dunno plz halp)

libertyernie

Smash Ace
That's pretty much what I have in the OP, except that it has the ASL code from PM 3.6 beta. I didn't change the ASL code, so it doesn't apply to STGCUSTOM, but it's possible to edit it so it does.
Could I copy over all the alt stages I have from the 3.5 version into the 3.6 one? What all would I have to copy over besides the .rel files and the .pac files?
(I think it's like common_5 or sumtin I dunno plz halp)
I think exporting the MiscData[80] in sc_selmap and then importing it into the new one would do the trick. If there's no sc_selmap file, check common5.

Last edited:

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty much what I have in the OP, except that it has the ASL code from PM 3.6 beta. I didn't change the ASL code, so it doesn't apply to STGCUSTOM, but it's possible to edit it so it does.
Oh, what I meant was replacing the stock stage files (like STGBATTLEFIELD) with custom ones (like STGCUSTOMXX) so that it's easier to manage.

Also I have a couple questions/suggestions:
- When I replace FlatZone with another stage (with it's .rel), characters stay flat. why is that?
- Would it be possible to use ordered numbers without using codes (like 09,10,11...) instead of 09, 0A, 0B...?
- Is it possible to add more than 1 .brstm to each custom stage?

Btw, Thanks for the new codeset! The ASL tool now recognizes its ASL code.
Also, just letting you know I'm using this template for a build I'm working on with some people at SmashLadder.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
- When I replace FlatZone with another stage (with it's .rel), characters stay flat. why is that?
- Would it be possible to use ordered numbers without using codes (like 09,10,11...) instead of 09, 0A, 0B...?
- Is it possible to add more than 1 .brstm to each custom stage?
-Because the Flat Zone slot makes every character flat by default. I don't think there's any changing that without some code wizardry.
-I don't think so. Why does that matter?
-The only way to do that would be to use a code that makes the stage share music with another stage. Look up Stage Track Dependant Song Loader if you want that.

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but I can't really figure out how to add the ASL to the custom stages though. Anything I HAVE tried just freezes (I'm using the newest version of the ASL tool by the way)

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey for some reason my game crashes whenever I add a MenSelmapPrevbase for Custom Stage 4 and 5. 1, 2, and 3 work, but for some reason to get the game to work past the CSS I have to make the MenSelmapPrevbase the standard black 4x4 png that is used for unchanged custom stages. The icons load, it is just the MenSelmapPrevbase. I have tried the custom image I want for both slots, game crashed. Same with when I added a working 176x176 image from my first custom stage. So it is not a screwy image.
Edit: I am on the 16 custom stages build. And all Prevbases are the correct size of 176x176.

Last edited:
Top Bottom