• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
So final destinations work OK but I put on a battlefield when I pick a character it crashes so I mess around with the .rels On brawl box and it still crashes I reset them back then used this websitehttp://www.lakora.us/rel/ but whatever I try it does not work am I missing anything or battlefields will never work like what

mythbust4000

Smash Journeyman
NNID
So final destinations work OK but I put on a battlefield when I pick a character it crashes so I mess around with the .rels On brawl box and it still crashes I reset them back then used this websitehttp://www.lakora.us/rel/ but whatever I try it does not work am I missing anything or battlefields will never work like what

BOY_BACON

Smash Rookie
How would I get the 12 stage version to only replace songs from Subspace Emissary? I like to play Classic Mode and stuff, so the stage music on the results screen feels out of place.

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
So final destinations work OK but I put on a battlefield when I pick a character it crashes so I mess around with the .rels On brawl box and it still crashes I reset them back then used this website[link omitted] but whatever I try it does not work am I missing anything or battlefields will never work like what
did you find out what was wrong? i'm having this exact same issue i think.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
So I keep reading in comments here that not all of the stages are being chosen via random and that problem doesn't seem to have been addressed so I'll ask it again.
Is there a way to make it so all of the stages can be chosen in Random? I've noticed that around the first 10 custom stages are never loaded when I pick Random. I like the idea of just clicking Random and having the the game pick 1 out of 78 stages to choose from, but it seems that no matter what some of those stages just won't ever get picked.

king lo3d

Smash Rookie
ok ive downloaded this and added 2 stages and did the common 5 stuff when i went to add more stages thry worked untill i whent to edit the common 5 i when to the select map 80 and add the icons 64x65 for the small icon and 160x160 or 176x176 for preview ans name was normal as well but when i started the game and slect charaters and press start it freezes with a loud weeeeeeee noise can some one help plz

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
ok ive downloaded this and added 2 stages and did the common 5 stuff when i went to add more stages thry worked untill i whent to edit the common 5 i when to the select map 80 and add the icons 64x65 for the small icon and 160x160 or 176x176 for preview ans name was normal as well but when i started the game and slect charaters and press start it freezes with a loud weeeeeeee noise can some one help plz
Never use "plz" again.

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
Your common five is too big. Resize all the prevbases(the stage portraits). Something like 88x88 should work.

invisibleman

Smash Apprentice
Manuallly. Should take you around 20-30 minutes. I use the 36 expansion as well, had the same problem as you.

catface

Smash Rookie
What's the list of the brstm files for the stages because I want to replace them with music (not talking about the classic one, just 3.5) and the only list I could find up to date was on Arko's video and it was blurry as hell.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
My stage select screen doesn't load, even though my common_5 is only 4.52 MB (4.53 MB on disk). I am using the expansion template. All my previews are 88x88 and my sss icons are 56x48. I also have series icons.

Arkhamael

Smash Apprentice
What's the list of the brstm files for the stages because I want to replace them with music (not talking about the classic one, just 3.5) and the only list I could find up to date was on Arko's video and it was blurry as hell.
Well sorry for not being aware of any other way of capturing footage at the time...

TheOriginalSINe

Smash Rookie
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-project-m-brstm-thread.332033/

You can find what the PMDT changed in the strm folder. Or you can use the BrawlSongManager which can automatically organize them by stages.

Is this going to be compatable with 3.6? With the ASL you could potentially add 72 stages.
Yes, it does work, but with some complications. Because the PMDT added some stuff to the SSS in 3.6, you're going to miss out on the cosmetic ASL stuff. All that needs to be changed to keep these new cosmetics is the template files. (Which I have no idea to go about doing)

Here's the codeset for 3.6 with the Stage Roster Codes Added: https://www.mediafire.com/?hthi2yl3ivqdn1x

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I'm going to try it. And I don't mind if the cosmetics aren't there as long as the actual ASL works.

EDIT: So it downloaded a txt file. How do I make it into a gct file?

Last edited:

TheOriginalSINe

Smash Rookie
EDIT: So it downloaded a txt file. How do I make it into a gct file?
Well you're going to need to download the PC cheat manager. The original website is down at the moment so here's an upload here: https://www.mediafire.com/?yi4sdy17i1nk1zv

Unzip the folder and run codemgr.exe. You need to make your own SSS code if you want the layout to be unique, otherwise just check whichever box you want and export it to a GCT. Then put it into your codes folder.

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
How do you use this with the ASL Tool for 3.5? I can't seem to get the ASL Tool to work when this is installed. Also, how can you get the ASL tool to work with custom stages?

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it does work, but with some complications. Because the PMDT added some stuff to the SSS in 3.6, you're going to miss out on the cosmetic ASL stuff. All that needs to be changed to keep these new cosmetics is the template files. (Which I have no idea to go about doing)

Here's the codeset for 3.6 with the Stage Roster Codes Added: https://www.mediafire.com/?hthi2yl3ivqdn1x
Thanks for the codeset, it works great, only problem is that some stages are blocked from the stage selection screen because of the 'random' button. How would one go about adjusting the SSS code to change the layout, preferably the layout from the libertyernie's stage expansion?

TheOriginalSINe

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the codeset, it works great, only problem is that some stages are blocked from the stage selection screen because of the 'random' button. How would one go about adjusting the SSS code to change the layout, preferably the layout from the libertyernie's stage expansion?
The layout is not dictated by the code, it's dictated by the sc_selmap.pac file. You need to use the old template file for 3.5 if you want to be able to select all the stages. Working on updating libertyernie's template to work with 3.6 at the moment, going to be about an hour till I'm finished.

How do you use this with the ASL Tool for 3.5? I can't seem to get the ASL Tool to work when this is installed. Also, how can you get the ASL tool to work with custom stages?
The ASL Tool won't work with the new 3.6 codeset because it's a new ASL code developed specifically for PM 3.6. The stage expansion code and the ASL code are compatible; I just tested one of the default alternate stages. I'm pretty sure you can use alternate stage loading with custom stages, as the old one also supported it. Mewtwo2000 said he'd release an updated version of the tool, but that was a few days ago.

If you want to try your hand at manually editing the ASL code, check this thread out: http://smashboards.com/threads/pm-3-6-alternate-stage-code-guide.407577/

For the stage name, it would be CUST. This means that all custom stages will share the same configuration, and this will result in freezing if try to load a stage that doesn't exist on your second custom stage.

TheOriginalSINe

Smash Rookie
Here's a template for 3.6 beta: https://www.mediafire.com/?dg0dncq8lfonaqy
You're also going to need this 3.6 beta codeset: https://www.mediafire.com/?se6lpyf9lj5phk4
EDIT: Updated the codeset to include Stage-Dependent Song Loader codes

I moved a lot of the menu UI around to make it look better for 3.6 and to be ready for a second ASL stage menu part.

Sorry for the double post, I thought it was necessary to separate this information from my other post.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Here's a template for 3.6 beta: https://www.mediafire.com/?dg0dncq8lfonaqy
You're also going to need this 3.6 beta codeset: http://www.mediafire.com/view/hthi2yl3ivqdn1x/3,6_Beta_Stage_Expansion_Codeset.txt

I moved a lot of the menu UI around to make it look better for 3.6 and to be ready for a second ASL stage menu part.

Sorry for the double post, I thought it was necessary to separate this information from my other post.
Thanks so much! I will test it out in a sec, btw does your codeset support the custom stages loading songs from other sources eg. stgcustom01 playing t05, stgcustom02 playing x06? is it possible to dump the code for the stage dependent song loaders from libertyernie's codeset on to yours using ocarina, or does it have to be customized for 3.6?

TheOriginalSINe

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much! I will test it out in a sec, btw does your codeset support the custom stages loading songs from other sources eg. stgcustom01 playing t05, stgcustom02 playing x06? is it possible to dump the code for the stage dependent song loaders from libertyernie's codeset on to yours using ocarina, or does it have to be customized for 3.6?
Yes the stage independent song loaders should work exactly the same on 3.6. You'll have to copy the codes over, but you can edit the text file and copy it all in to do them all at once so it's not a bid deal. I'll update the codeset right now to include them, though.

EDIT 1:
Well I learned that if you enable all of the Stage-Dependant song loader codes in 3.6 with the stage expansion, you go over the code limit, even with a gameconfig.txt. You can only enable 18 of them without going over. Which means approximately 72 more lines after you add the stage expansion. I highly recommend that anyone using the Tracklist Modifier code which lets you put custom stages on different tracklists:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16468

This one only requires 24 lines, so you should definitely use it as much as you can, especially if you want to add your custom alternate stage loader.

EDIT 2:
Gecko 1.9.1 you can only have up to 8192 lines of code. Project M 3.6b has 8025 lines, and adding 36 more stages puts the total at 8116, meaning there are only 76 lines left. Tracklist modifier requires 24 lines, which leaves just 52 lines left.

Last edited:

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Okay so now it freezes at the SSS. Can you tell me what went wrong?

EDIT: I forgot to update the selmap template. I'll try that.

Last edited:

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
The ASL Tool won't work with the new 3.6 codeset because it's a new ASL code developed specifically for PM 3.6. The stage expansion code and the ASL code are compatible; I just tested one of the default alternate stages. I'm pretty sure you can use alternate stage loading with custom stages, as the old one also supported it. Mewtwo2000 said he'd release an updated version of the tool, but that was a few days ago.
I didn't ask for 3.6 support, I want to know how to use the ASL tool on 3.5 with this expansion installed. The tool doesn't seem to work when I have the expansion installed. If you have a working version of it, by all means, link it.

Edit: Just saw that the tool was updated, still doesn't work though

Last edited:

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
I works perfectly except for one thing, all the stages play tracks from Battlefield. I remember in the 3.5 version, it could just use music from Subspace Emmisary.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm using that Tracklist code you linked to. This also lets me, for example, make it so Big Blue uses Port Town Aero Drive's tracklist (and put Big Blue's song on Port Town Aero Drive) and put two songs over Big Blue's songs and use them for a custom stage? And also swap Pokemon Stadium 2's tracklist with Saffron City's? And switch the amount of songs that can play between WarioWare and Onett

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I didn't ask for 3.6 support, I want to know how to use the ASL tool on 3.5 with this expansion installed. The tool doesn't seem to work when I have the expansion installed. If you have a working version of it, by all means, link it.

Edit: Just saw that the tool was updated, still doesn't work though
There's no ASL code in 3.5, with or without this expansion - could that be why it doesn't work?

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
There's no ASL code in 3.5, with or without this expansion - could that be why it doesn't work?
I'm sorry if I came off as condescending. On another note, are you working on an update to 3.6?

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Don't worry, your tone was fine. I'm just not that familiar with the ASL tool.
I just started working on a 3.6 version. I'm using TheOriginalSINe's link above as a base, but reordering the PM stages so they are in the same spots as in 3.6. I'll also change the icons and names so they're in the new font, if I can. Not sure yet what to do about the music.
I might give up on trying to avoid the bug with stages being picked on random when they shouldn't be, at least for the 36-stage version. It started happening to me again and I can't figure out why.
Maybe down the road I can make a version with all the icons on the bottom, too.

jimf14

Smash Cadet
NNID
jimf14
I'm looking forward to the update! Thanks for all the work you put in!

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Wait if I switch WarioWare and Onett's songs will there be problems like minigame themes randomly playing on the Onett stage?

EDIT: Well Song Manager tells me unexpected errors happened when trying to select a changed song on the WarioWare stage so I think it's best not to mess with it and just switch Onett with another stage with a lot of music, but I only really like one or two songs playing on it.

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Here's what I did today (both based on TheOriginalSINe's files):
* sc_selmap with new placeholder icons, using the new GENUINE font used in the stage names. http://www.mediafire.com/download/fgylf9913xjcdhd/sc_selmap_(new_placeholder_icons).pac
* A codeset .txt file with three new Custom SSS codes (+12, +16, +36) - In the previous template for 3.5 I added a bunch of unused stages midway through (all Final Destinations) so it wouldn't go to a custom stage on random if you had too many custom stages (I think over 15 or 16?). It seemed to be doing that anyway in 3.6, and I don't know how to fix it, so I took that out. Now the Custom SSS codes are a bit shorter. I also arearranged the icons for PM stages to match the new PM 3.6 placements. http://www.mediafire.com/view/860g1..._attempt_to_avoid_random_select_problems).txt

For a potential layout with all the icons on the bottom, but smaller - what if I did 38 sages per screen instead of 39? I could use a 10/9/9/11 four-row layout. The reason for going with 38 is so I wold only need to distribute one sc_selmap file, and then if you used the +34 code instead of the +36, you would get the small icons.

P.S. Using SeaMonkey 2.38a now, and text entry fields on Smashboards are so slow they're almost unusable. Any Firefox users had this problem? (SeaMonkey 2.38 = Firefox 41)

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
So, question about the 3.6's ASRL and custom stages. As I understand, the code doesn't actually look for entire file names, but instead the 4th through 7th letters/characters in a stage's file name. This presents a small problem for custom stages because all custom stages always have the same letters in those slots, which means that giving one custom an alt means giving them ALL alts. Which leads to my question, would it be possible to change the Stage Expansion code to recognize a different file name, for example "STGCST1" as opposed to "STGCUSTOM1"?

Top Bottom