• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your expansion is very useful;)
i've already insert 2 stages with the right icons, but I have some problems whit the music selector in the option section, is there a way to insert the right icons there?

Can I insert a new stage which use a "old" music? I have a SSBM Battlefield but I cannot set its music to "Battlefield melee theme"

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, glad to see this is up and running again. I might go ahead and revive my old build now.

Just a few quick things though:

1 - How does Random work with this? Same way as before? Is it possible to enable or disable custom stages from random (even if it's all or nothing)?

2 - Is stage striking still broken?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Thanks for your expansion is very useful;)
i've already insert 2 stages with the right icons, but I have some problems whit the music selector in the option section, is there a way to insert the right icons there?
Sure, just put them in mu_menumain.pac.

Can I insert a new stage which use a "old" music? I have a SSBM Battlefield but I cannot set its music to "Battlefield melee theme"
The pack I posted has every expansion stage set to a certain BRSTM, usually one beginning with Y or Z. If you open up the TXT file in the codes folder you can see which BRSTM filename to use for which stage.

Awesome, glad to see this is up and running again. I might go ahead and revive my old build now.

Just a few quick things though:

1 - How does Random work with this? Same way as before? Is it possible to enable or disable custom stages from random (even if it's all or nothing)?
It should be set up to never select any expansion stages on random, and instead use the random stage select screen options like usual.

2 - Is stage striking still broken?
I don't remember - I'd have to check.

UnleashShadow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roberto45
3DS FC
0688-5721-1822
I like this, but i have a problem. Once i get to the stage screen, the game crashes. I double check everything to see it going good. I thought putting a .rel file would work and SOME stages worked, but others, it causes the same problem. Is there a way to fix this, Please?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I like this, but i have a problem. Once i get to the stage screen, the game crashes. I double check everything to see it going good. I thought putting a .rel file would work and SOME stages worked, but others, it causes the same problem. Is there a way to fix this, Please?
Maybe the rel files are wrong? You need a rel file that goes over STGCUSTOM but is based on (hence the same size as) the one that the stage is based on. You could try getting rel files from my site http://lakora.us/rel. Other than that, I don't know what the problem would be.

By the way - I noticed that there seems to be a certain stage spot that gets still picked on random sometimes, but only one of them. I think it was STGCUSTOM20. Anyone else notice that? Or are there other spots I missed?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Last edited:

UnleashShadow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roberto45
3DS FC
0688-5721-1822
I just tried and it worked for me. Make sure your naming the files right.

Remember the rel and pac have to be named Custom[XX]. [XX] being the custom file in question.
So, what you mean is i have to change this name "STGBATTLEFIELD" to "STGCUSTOMXX". The same goes for the rel files? or Am i wrong?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Not trying to sound condescending, its tough over text :p but is this your first time hacking/renaming a stage in general?
Or with a custom one?

So if I was writing this over Custom 01
I would name the .pac file STGCUSTOM01.pac
While the rel would be named st_custom01.rel

Does this help?

UnleashShadow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roberto45
3DS FC
0688-5721-1822
Not trying to sound condescending, its tough over text :p but is this your first time hacking/renaming a stage in general?
Or with a custom one?

So if I was writing this over Custom 01
I would name the .pac file STGCUSTOM01.pac
While the rel would be named st_custom01.rel

Does this help?
Oh. My. God. It did. Thank you so much! :D
Also, no. This isn't my first time doing this. I never gotten errors on project m until i got this expansion.

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the reply;)

I have an another question, why the 16 stage version have the resized preview?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Thanks for the reply;)

I have an another question, why the 16 stage version have the resized preview?
I didn't bother to change the common5 between the different versions. You can delete the stages you aren't using and import the full-size pictures from the regular common5 if you'd like.

EDIT: Oops, misunderstood the question. The pictures are already full-size (except the ones for the STGCUSTOMs, they're just 4x4 black squares, so you'd have to make the existing ones smaller if you add actual pictures for the custom stages.)
The stage preview I can change back to the regular P:M position for the +12 stage pack only. I'll post an updated version soon. The other 2 versions I moved it over because the icons would get in the way otherwise.

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I posted a new version of the expansion pack, with 3 changes:
  • The six different versions (12+, 16+, 36+ / standard vs. wifi-safe) are in different folders in the 7-zip file now, so you don't have to go in and change anything.
  • The 12-stage version now uses the regular Project M layout for the stage name and preview, which looks a lot nicer.
  • The custom SSS code of the 36-stage version was changed so STGCUSTOM20 won't be picked on random (I think - this is what I did in the CEP and it seemed to work.)

HyperSam14

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamTheTaco14
3DS FC
1220-8299-3333
I just got the newest version of this pack (I'm using the 16 stage full set by the way), and I keep running into a glitch with Toon Link. Whenever I use his bomb, the game crashes. Is there any way to fix this?

seanbb

Smash Cadet
I posted a new version of the expansion pack, with 3 changes:
  • The six different versions (12+, 16+, 36+ / standard vs. wifi-safe) are in different folders in the 7-zip file now, so you don't have to go in and change anything.
  • The 12-stage version now uses the regular Project M layout for the stage name and preview, which looks a lot nicer.
  • The custom SSS code of the 36-stage version was changed so STGCUSTOM20 won't be picked on random (I think - this is what I did in the CEP and it seemed to work.)
Thanks;)

EDIT:
I have a problem with the common5.pac, This file cannot reach 5MB of size and I cannot add more of 6-7 SSS icons.
Please help me.

Last edited:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'll post another version soon - I found out that the f-zero logo appears when you mouse over the "next" button on the 12 and 16 stage packs, and said button is in the wrong place.
EDIT: OK, it's posted now. I just added MenSelmapMark.79 and changed MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 in the common5, that's all. Neither of the changes matter for the 36-stage version.

Thanks;)

EDIT:
I have a problem with the common5.pac, This file cannot reach 5MB of size and I cannot add more of 6-7 SSS icons.
Please help me.
Try using my Stage Manager program (http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/). Use File->Change Directory and switch to your SD card. Once the files load, you can go to Tools->Resize all Prevbases, pick a size (96x96 should work, you can also try a bigger size and see if it works okay.) Then use the "Save" button on the right to save the common5.
You could also export all the MenSelmapPrevbase textures, make them smaller, then replace them - that accomplishes the same thing.

Last edited:

seanbb

Smash Cadet
I'll post another version soon - I found out that the f-zero logo appears when you mouse over the "next" button on the 12 and 16 stage packs, and said button is in the wrong place.
EDIT: OK, it's posted now. I just added MenSelmapMark.79 and changed MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 in the common5, that's all. Neither of the changes matter for the 36-stage version.

Try using my Stage Manager program (http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/). Use File->Change Directory and switch to your SD card. Once the files load, you can go to Tools->Resize all Prevbases, pick a size (96x96 should work, you can also try a bigger size and see if it works okay.) Then use the "Save" button on the right to save the common5.
You could also export all the MenSelmapPrevbase textures, make them smaller, then replace them - that accomplishes the same thing.
Can I reduce the size of Common5 with Indexed (RGB is by default) Images?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I found this thread just now.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

I'm new to this, according to one of your links
"One way to change which music each stage uses is to edit the codes in Codeset.txt, then make a new .gct file. (However, it might be easier to use GCT Editor for this task.)
The base for the codes is this:

Stage-Dependant Song Loader [Oshtoby]
28708ceb 000000SS
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF00YYYY
E0000000 80008000

Where SS is the two-digit stage ID and YYYY is the song you want to play. Lists of music filenames and music IDs should be included in this folder."
If I wanted to use a song from one stage in another, is this the only way? I added Brawl's Distant Planet in addition to Project M's, and was hoping to use its' songs.

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
libertyernie, i have some questions about your pack, id love to use it and learn about having some freedom with it so let me know if im out of line.

basically i'd like to see if you could base your stage expansion packs off the base PM 3.5 common5.pac that SOJ created (in the thread on item #3 in my post below) that has a logo in the CSS. If thats too much work for you to do then could you allow us to install the expansion packs into base builds of PM ourselves by adding the original files with instructions? I ask because id love to use your packs in a tourney and we'd like to have an event logo in the CSS.

EDIT: I solved the above issue by exporting and replacing SOJ's MiscData[30] into another common5.pac

I'd like to have item #2,.a custom layout for the SSS where the stage icons are shrunk, and not obstructing the stage image or the custom bg_icon tourney rule-set we'd use. is there any quick way to do this to your expansion pack? or is the only way the one mentioned by TheytaK here

i was hoping for a layout like this (X's represent expansion stages) using the existing 3 rows
☒ ☒ ☒ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☒ ☒ ☒
or a 4 row system if possible:
__☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒
___☒ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑
___☒ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑
_☒ ☒ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☒ ☒

check my post here for items #1-3 : http://smashboards.com/threads/theytahs-mod-school.356063/page-13#post-18476268

My reason for asking this is as follows:
-use of the stage expansion pack in 3.5 in a tourney build, so it doubles as tourney viable and also great for friendlies
-use of the SSS logo/ruleset image, so it can also be visible at all time
-great for a tournament build where you'd like to have it double as a friendlies build with all the extra stages.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Is it me because for some reason I can't rename the BRSTM's for custom stage 01 and 02 in the stage manager program.
If any one can fix this I appreciate it.

ImperfectionistHippie

Smash Rookie
I have come across a glitch where all the icons are the X'd out icons instead of what they're supposed to be. The menu is still functional, but it obviously isn't supposed to be like this.

Here's a picture:

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: Replaced my sc_selmap segment in common5 with the base one and it fixed it. Dunno what caused it to do this, I thought it was maybe an error in my gct file.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
This has probably already been addressed, but it was not clear to me. How does one change the musical piece that plays on an extra stage? I don't intend to add new music but I would like more fitting tracks that are already in the game to play on my stages. I imagine it's similar to how you can choose the track to play on a custom stage in Brawl, but how does that work here?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This has probably already been addressed, but it was not clear to me. How does one change the musical piece that plays on an extra stage? I don't intend to add new music but I would like more fitting tracks that are already in the game to play on my stages. I imagine it's similar to how you can choose the track to play on a custom stage in Brawl, but how does that work here?
I asked the same thing. Looked like... Coding stuff? Wasn't clear to me, too, haha.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I asked the same thing. Looked like... Coding stuff? Wasn't clear to me, too, haha.
You need to use GCTedit, however for me it doesn't recognize the .gct as a .gct (if that makes any sense)

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
You need to use GCTedit, however for me it doesn't recognize the .gct as a .gct (if that makes any sense)
Okay, I think I can manage that. Thank you. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your GCT. You wouldn't happen to have a link to a "GCT Editor" would you?

Also, does anyone know what font Project M 3.5 use for its stages?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Okay, I think I can manage that. Thank you. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your GCT. You wouldn't happen to have a link to a "GCT Editor" would you?

Also, does anyone know what font Project M 3.5 use for its stages?
1) you can get GCT edit by going to brawl vault and looking under resources, it should be near the bottom of the page.
2) The font for the stages is Genuine.

Hey if you get GCT edit to work, can you make it so in the full-set 12 stage edition, Custom stages 01 and 02 use the brstm's Y14 and Y15 respectively? Thanks in advance if you can.

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
1) you can get GCT edit by going to brawl vault and looking under resources, it should be near the bottom of the page.
2) The font for the stages is Genuine.

Hey if you get GCT edit to work, can you make it so in the full-set 12 stage edition, Custom stages 01 and 02 use the brstm's Y14 and Y15 respectively? Thanks in advance if you can.
Okay, so I've downloaded the GCT Editor and I find myself overwhelmed. I'm more than willing to help you with your stage set-up, but do you know what it is I'm suppose to do with this GCT Editor? I see no formal application to use, just miscellaneous java codes and such.
Also, I downloaded the Genuine Font. However, the Stage Editor supposedly only uses "TrueText" formated fonts and didn't recognize the Genuine font for that reason. But what makes this more bizarre is that it really is a TrueText font.
Sigh... It's just that kind of day.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Okay, so I've downloaded the GCT Editor and I find myself overwhelmed. I'm more than willing to help you with your stage set-up, but do you know what it is I'm suppose to do with this GCT Editor? I see no formal application to use, just miscellaneous java codes and such.
Also, I downloaded the Genuine Font. However, the Stage Editor supposedly only uses "TrueText" formated fonts and didn't recognize the Genuine font for that reason. But what makes this more bizarre is that it really is a TrueText font.
STOP SOUNDING SAD!! YOU DO NOT GET PAID TO SOUND SAD!!
I just use photoshop for the stage names.
Hey, Java codes? I'm taking Java right now! When I download the GCT Editor, I'll give it a shot.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
1) There should be a stage dependant song player code thing as one of the tabs, find the Stages named "CUSTOM01" and "CUSTOM02" using that tabs menu, then make it so the each stage uses the Y14 and Y15 BRSTM's repectively.

2) Yeah for the stage names you have to use an outside program to make them like the others. At least you got the correct font...

EDIT: Also remember to format the names in I4 encoding via brawl box and that the program you're using is called "GCTEditor".
I found this thread just now.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

I'm new to this, according to one of your links
"One way to change which music each stage uses is to edit the codes in Codeset.txt, then make a new .gct file. (However, it might be easier to use GCT Editor for this task.)
The base for the codes is this:

Stage-Dependant Song Loader [Oshtoby]
28708ceb 000000SS
4A000000 90180F06
14000076 FF00YYYY
E0000000 80008000

Where SS is the two-digit stage ID and YYYY is the song you want to play. Lists of music filenames and music IDs should be included in this folder."
If I wanted to use a song from one stage in another, is this the only way? I added Brawl's Distant Planet in addition to Project M's, and was hoping to use its' songs.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
To make it more clear for what I'm trying to do: I want to be able to name the brstms that play on STGCUSTOM01 and 02, by default however you can't. So if anyone can use GCTEditor and be able to access the RSBE01.gct to replace the Code that plays the default brstms with ones the have STGCUSTOM01 be able to ONLY play the Y14 brstm and STGCUSTOM02 to be able to ONLY play the Y15 brstm.

Good luck to those who try...

Last edited:

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
quick question about the Prevbases do you have a recommended image size for them

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Nvm my request, after using GCT Analyzer and GCTEditor I was able to make the BRSTM's for Custom01 and 02 have names... I can post the result if you want me to. (Please note that this is only for the 12 stage expansion and that any stages that use Y02 and Y03 will have to be edited to fit with this change)

Koalified

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys! This is my first time modding and I'm really lost when it comes to stage modding. Could anyone help? I don't understand .rel files or what to do once I've downloaded a stage hack. All help is appreciated!

EDIT: Never mind! After playing around with the files and watching this tutorial, I figured it out!

EDIT 2: Okay, so apparently I don't know what I'm doing. Now the mod freezes my game when I enter Stage Select. Looking through my files, I see nothing out of the ordinary. Help please??

EDIT 3: So I restored the SD Card with a back-up, and I can now make it to Stage Select! Only now most of the stages on Page 1 are Hanenbow and half the stages on Page 2 are Training Room. Selecting any of these clones freezes the game. I just wanna play on customs man :(

EDIT 4: Well, I fixed that issue by wiping everything. Now it only freezes when I try to load a custom stage! :ohwell: Oh well, back to the drawing board.

EDIT 5: So, I removed all the custom stages by reverting back to a previous build only now it freezes on the main menu! Right after I hit "Play" the game simply freezes. I don't even know anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom