• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming the stage icons with an X on them in My Music are just a warning that selecting them might crash, but is there a way to show the thumbnails and or the actual menu for song frequency (even though there will only be one), but I just wonder if that's possible at least for music testing and avoid crashing for curious people like me! :bluejump:

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
So, is the problem with the 0C icon fixed? Because in mine it looks staticky.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm assuming the stage icons with an X on them in My Music are just a warning that selecting them might crash, but is there a way to show the thumbnails and or the actual menu for song frequency (even though there will only be one), but I just wonder if that's possible at least for music testing and avoid crashing for curious people like me! :bluejump:
I don't think that's possible, actually. I'm using a code for each expansion stage to override what song actually plays - otherwise it would be Battlefield because I think that's the way the stage expansion code was written.
So, is the problem with the 0C icon fixed? Because in mine it looks staticky.
No, it's not fixed, unfortunately.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that's possible, actually. I'm using a code for each expansion stage to override what song actually plays - otherwise it would be Battlefield because I think that's the way the stage expansion code was written.
Gotcha

On the other hand, has anyone gotten this to work? http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/BrawlDJ
The idea seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure if it would work with the expansion stages and/or ASL code.
It would be amazing to have a different music playing for each alternate stage!! :bluejump:
or at least more than one song for expansion stages.

Any thoughts?

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
there's still a filesize limit, isn't there? i remember running into this a loooong time ago unfortunately
i suppose i'll just remove the series icons and the logos from them. series icons are kind of hard to see anyways and the logos are in a weird spot that nobody looks at

fierce_link0

Smash Rookie
NNID
fierce_link0
The stage expansion template actually works. thanks.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Has anyone talked about how jank the My Music page with this added on looks? Even with 8 expansion stages enabled it still misplaces the stage previews and the page button. Any idea on how to correct this?

Edit: Fixed it! You have to replace the AnnChr files for MenSelmapChange and MenSelmapPreview with ones from a vanilla Project M mu_menumain.pac. The replacement files go in (and can be located in) the MiscData[0] AnmChr folder under the mu_menumain.pac hierarchy. libertyernie libertyernie you might want to patch this eventually... :p

Last edited:

Sonicking125

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonicking123
3DS FC
0473-8620-9893
I can't get this to work. When ever i pick my character and load the Stage Select Screen the game crashes. Does anyone know why or did i do something wrong.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I can't get this to work. When ever i pick my character and load the Stage Select Screen the game crashes. Does anyone know why or did i do something wrong.
You have to resize all of the Stage Previews. Use the Stage manager made by the OP to resize all of them at once. And be sure to also update the menu.pac while you're at it too. The tool can easily do that with little to no effort.

Sonicking125

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonicking123
3DS FC
0473-8620-9893
You have to resize all of the Stage Previews. Use the Stage manager made by the OP to resize all of them at once. And be sure to also update the menu.pac while you're at it too. The tool can easily do that with little to no effort.
What do I resize it to and is the stage preview the small one on the SSS or the one when it shows the stage when hovering over it

Cahalan

Smash Ace
What do I resize it to and is the stage preview the small one on the SSS or the one when it shows the stage when hovering over it
You resize the largest one (The Prevbase IIRC) to about 128x128 or lower depending on the number of stages you add. The stage manager will let you do that to all stages at once and update the necessary files. Once you update them, the Stage Manager has a green bar that show how much space is left. Use that bar to gauge when you should resize everything. It's the Prevbases that take up alot of space when you add a crap-ton of stages, even when adding 2 or more you need to resize them.

Sonicking125

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonicking123
3DS FC
0473-8620-9893
You resize the largest one (The Prevbase IIRC) to about 128x128 or lower depending on the number of stages you add. The stage manager will let you do that to all stages at once and update the necessary files. Once you update them, the Stage Manager has a green bar that show how much space is left. Use that bar to gauge when you should resize everything. It's the Prevbases that take up alot of space when you add a crap-ton of stages, even when adding 2 or more you need to resize them.

How Exactly do I resize all of theme at once and how do i update the menu.pac?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
How Exactly do I resize all of theme at once and how do i update the menu.pac?
By using the Stage Manager. Check the OP, he mentions it in the first post. It'll come as a download for Brawl Managers.zip In that .zip, there's the Stage Manager program. Use that to resize all of the Previews at once. It'll be under tools when you get the program, just resize them and update the Menu.pac and the Selmap.pac and you're good.

Sonicking125

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonicking123
3DS FC
0473-8620-9893
By using the Stage Manager. Check the OP, he mentions it in the first post. It'll come as a download for Brawl Managers.zip In that .zip, there's the Stage Manager program. Use that to resize all of the Previews at once. It'll be under tools when you get the program, just resize them and update the Menu.pac and the Selmap.pac and you're good.
Thank a Bunch. I got it to work. Me and my friend really appreciate it :).

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Has anyone talked about how jank the My Music page with this added on looks? Even with 8 expansion stages enabled it still misplaces the stage previews and the page button. Any idea on how to correct this?

Edit: Fixed it! You have to replace the AnnChr files for MenSelmapChange and MenSelmapPreview with ones from a vanilla Project M mu_menumain.pac. The replacement files go in (and can be located in) the MiscData[0] AnmChr folder under the mu_menumain.pac hierarchy. libertyernie libertyernie you might want to patch this eventually... :p
Really? That didn't work for me. Plankton stages are still everywhere, and it crashes when I play them. I replaced the files you mentioned, I'm using the +12 stage expansion... any ideas?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Really? That didn't work for me. Plankton stages are still everywhere, and it crashes when I play them. I replaced the files you mentioned, I'm using the +12 stage expansion... any ideas?
The fixes where meant to keep the stages in order like in vProject M in the My Music Menu. The added stages in the STGCUSTOM slots and battlefield and the Online Training Stage still crash, but no solution has been found for it IIRC. Also you should get all of your Icons in order, make sure every custom stage slot you use has all the cosmetics needed.

Be sure that you're using the latest version of Project M as a base and that each of the replacement files are .DAE. Use the Stage Manager and refer to your directory's respective RSBE.gct and sc_selmap.pac so that the manager can properly display everything.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
The fixes where meant to keep the stages in order like in vProject M in the My Music Menu. The added stages in the STGCUSTOM slots and battlefield and the Online Training Stage still crash, but no solution has been found for it IIRC. Also you should get all of your Icons in order, make sure every custom stage slot you use has all the cosmetics needed.

Be sure that you're using the latest version of Project M as a base and that each of the replacement files are .DAE. Use the Stage Manager and refer to your directory's respective RSBE.gct and sc_selmap.pac so that the manager can properly display everything.
I understand. So in other words, no matter what, if you're using the stage expansion you can't make My Music look clean. You're better off putting "X" images on the stages that make the game crash, right? I wish there was a way to hide those stage so the My Music menu couldn't cause crashing.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I understand. So in other words, no matter what, if you're using the stage expansion you can't make My Music look clean. You're better off putting "X" images on the stages that make the game crash, right? I wish there was a way to hide those stage so the My Music menu couldn't cause crashing.
You can remove your custom stages from the MyMusic Menu, but then they'd be removed from the stage select screen as well. So the best option is to inform players that certain stages will crash the my music menu. And if you do my fix correctly, at least the my music menu will be back to the way it was in PM.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
You can remove your custom stages from the MyMusic Menu, but then they'd be removed from the stage select screen as well. So the best option is to inform players that certain stages will crash the my music menu. And if you do my fix correctly, at least the my music menu will be back to the way it was in PM.
Excellent, this was very helpful! Thanks.

Just for clarification, what is the difference between how the GCT file handles it via the Expansion compared to Vanilla PM? I don't understand the difference.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Excellent, this was very helpful! Thanks.

Just for clarification, what is the difference between how the GCT file handles it via the Expansion compared to Vanilla PM? I don't understand the difference.
It's not the GCT that has anything to do with the my music menu's layout: that's all in the menumain.pac.

pokeshulk

Smash Rookie
Hey. I'm a beginner at this stuff and I'm lost. I understand that you don't like writing tutorials but could you PLEASE try? I'm so confused... (Primarily, where do you put the stage folder?):201t::201h::201a::201n::201k::201s::4pacman::4kirby::ness2:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey. I'm a beginner at this stuff and I'm lost. I understand that you don't like writing tutorials but could you PLEASE try? I'm so confused... (Primarily, where do you put the stage folder?):201t::201h::201a::201n::201k::201s::4pacman::4kirby::ness2:
If you know how to install any custom stage, then you'll know how to install this!
Too many Emoji's.

Last edited:

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie
I have an issue with my expansion. I implemented a stage, then implemented more stages, and in trying to move them into a different slot, my game crashed when going to Stage Select. I tried fixing this issue by replacing .rel files, but my game still crashes. Is there any suggestions to fix this?

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie
If you're asking about where to put the .PAC files, try renaming them to STGCUSTOM(Number of slot). My Version of Project M is currently having problems with .rel files though.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I have an issue with my expansion. I implemented a stage, then implemented more stages, and in trying to move them into a different slot, my game crashed when going to Stage Select. I tried fixing this issue by replacing .rel files, but my game still crashes. Is there any suggestions to fix this?
Resize your prevbases (or whatever the largest images are) to all be lower. Stage Manager does this. To use the maximum number of stages, resize them to be 88 x 88.

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie
I have a question about the .rel file. What does it mean by having an ID over 1? And how do you fix that?

Last edited:

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie

Here's a stage expansion pack for Project M 3.6 final! There are four versions, that add 12, 16, 34, and 36 stages respectively. There's no wi-fi safe version this time, but I might make one later if there's enough demand (or someone else can make one.) The pack comes with 36 copies of the Training Room to make sure your icons don't crash.

For the +12 version, only the stages selected in the random stage select will be chosen on random, and the expansion stages will never be chosen.
For the other versions, all stages will be included in random regardless of what the random stage select screen says.

The "hold L" alternate stage loader (http://smashboards.com/threads/407577) is not enabled for STGCUSTOM stages in any of these .gcts - if you want that functionality you'll have to edit the code yourself, at least for now.

If you add stage pictures, you will need to resize your MenSelmapPrevbases so they're smaller! My Stage Manager can do them all at once for you (Tools -> Resize all prevbases).

Song mappings:
STGCUSTOM01 T05.brstm
STGCUSTOM02 X06.brstm
STGCUSTOM03 X10.brstm
STGCUSTOM04 X11.brstm
STGCUSTOM05 X13.brstm
STGCUSTOM06 X15.brstm
STGCUSTOM07 X16.brstm
STGCUSTOM08 X17.brstm
STGCUSTOM09 X18.brstm
STGCUSTOM0A X19.brstm
STGCUSTOM0B X20.brstm
STGCUSTOM0C X21.brstm
STGCUSTOM0D X22.brstm
STGCUSTOM0E X27.brstm
STGCUSTOM0F Y01.brstm
STGCUSTOM10 Y02.brstm
STGCUSTOM11 Y03.brstm
STGCUSTOM12 Y04.brstm
STGCUSTOM13 Y05.brstm
STGCUSTOM14 Y07.brstm
STGCUSTOM15 Y08.brstm
STGCUSTOM16 Y09.brstm
STGCUSTOM17 Y10.brstm
STGCUSTOM18 Y11.brstm
STGCUSTOM19 Y13.brstm
STGCUSTOM1A Y14.brstm
STGCUSTOM1B Y15.brstm
STGCUSTOM1C Y16.brstm
STGCUSTOM1D Y17.brstm
STGCUSTOM1E Z50.brstm
STGCUSTOM1F Z51.brstm
STGCUSTOM20 Z54.brstm
STGCUSTOM21 Z55.brstm
STGCUSTOM22 Z56.brstm
STGCUSTOM23 Z57.brstm
STGCUSTOM24 Z58.brstm

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open it with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u...expansion_template_r1_for_PM_3.6_final.7z.exe
Last updated September 2, 2015

Old version (Project M 3.5):

Here's a stage expansion pack for Project M, but without any stages - just 36 copies of the training room. 36 + 42 = 78 stages total, which is the maximum the SSS can hold.
The screenshots above show the maximum number of stages. The .txt file in the "codes" folder also contains two other SSS codes you could use instead - one has just 6 extra stages on each screen, and one has 8. See the screenshots of the old version (in the spoiler below) - the icon layout is the same.

There are two versions of the pack - one for P:M full set, the other for wi-fi safe. Just put P:M on your card and then copy these files over it.

If you add stage pictures, you will need to resize your MenSelmapPrevbases so they're smaller! My Stage Manager can do them all at once for you (Tools -> Resize all prevbases).

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open it with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/crnbrw1z1a616s2/Stage_expansion_r4_for_PM_3.5.7z.exe
Last updated December 23, 2014

Old version (Project M 3.02):

This is based on my Classic Expansion Pack, but I replaced all the stages with copies of the Training Room, removed all the music, and changed the portraits to say the name of the stage. Basically, it's a template you can use to put your own stages in.
In addition to the 42 stages in Project M already, one template has 36 extra stages, another has 16, and a third has 12. Each uses a different icon layout. All three templates are in the 7-zip archive below.

Download: (self-extracting 7-zip file - you can also open them with 7-zip or WinRAR)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p280mjhhyqtjpi5/PM_3.02_Stage_Exp_Templates_r4.7z.exe
Last updated August 11, 2014
How does the .rel converter work? I'm confused.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
The 34 stage expansion version is supposed to have all of the stages available on random right? how come when I press random it doesn't work for like 10 stages? In terms of the SSS the entire top row of custom stages is never selected through random.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
So for some reason recently, ending a match with Bowser to any extent creates a complete crash as SOON as the match is about to transition to the result stage. The match can be played normally til completion, but as the match ends, the game freezes. This includes generally anytime where bowser is involved in a scenario that brings the match to the result screen (except it never makes it that far).
This has been happening after installing (successfully, might I add, but this is the only lead I can manage) the 12 slot stage expansion for 3.6 and this issue isn't happening with ANY other character.
I'm growing mildly neurotic and any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sunk several days into my current build. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to completely removing the stage expansion because by all rights it SHOULDN'T be the issue but again... I'm running out of ideas. I've tried replacing the results stage / deleting it, I've tested with everyone else, I've replaced bowsers custom skins with his default settings, even tried using giga bowser. same result.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
So for some reason recently, ending a match with Bowser to any extent creates a complete crash as SOON as the match is about to transition to the result stage. The match can be played normally til completion, but as the match ends, the game freezes. This includes generally anytime where bowser is involved in a scenario that brings the match to the result screen (except it never makes it that far).
This has been happening after installing (successfully, might I add, but this is the only lead I can manage) the 12 slot stage expansion for 3.6 and this issue isn't happening with ANY other character.
I'm growing mildly neurotic and any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sunk several days into my current build. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to completely removing the stage expansion because by all rights it SHOULDN'T be the issue but again... I'm running out of ideas. I've tried replacing the results stage / deleting it, I've tested with everyone else, I've replaced bowsers custom skins with his default settings, even tried using giga bowser. same result.
any issue with bowser and the results screen is probably due to his new icon i had a problem with that when i tried to use a custom results screen. I would check to see if the results screen is replaced in the files from the 12+ expansion. Then just use the one from vanilla pm. hope that helps

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
any issue with bowser and the results screen is probably due to his new icon i had a problem with that when i tried to use a custom results screen. I would check to see if the results screen is replaced in the files from the 12+ expansion. Then just use the one from vanilla pm. hope that helps
did that unfortunately though i havent trie using vanilla icons

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie
Yeah Bowser for me has his victory sfx bugged up.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I just wonder, is it possible to remove expansion stages (STGCUSTOM) icons from My Music? The X's make it look like stage striking and the alt song loader crashes when selecting them. Any ideas?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
PM is no more. I'm sad since it got me interested in competetive Smash and modding, and I'm worried that PM hacking will die with it.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
PM is no more. I'm sad since it got me interested in competetive Smash and modding, and I'm worried that PM hacking will die with it.
it doesn't have to. That depends on the community. Now is the opportunity to perfect hacks because there is an actual final version so people don't have to constantly update their hacks.

Top Bottom