• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Well sure. I don't think they would be that hard to make anyway. I'm sure Project M's guys could make a bunch of 'em in less than a month.

Sakurai said many times that the HD technology is really expensive and hard to work with...

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Sakurai said many times that the HD technology is really expensive and hard to work with...
Aw poor Sakurai. Its almost like hes expected to work.

But seriously thats Nintendo's f*cking fault for jumping into the HD scene 7 YEARS after everyone else did, with a console supposedly more powerful than even the PS3. Boo-f*cking-hoo.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
I couldnt decide wether to post this under stage discussion, or in with the daily pics, so i thought i would just put it here.

But i had an idea for an interesting stage.
Imagine a stage thats a full circle, and the characters can run all the way around the stage, down the sides, and even underneith.
The only way to KO an opponent would be a star KO.
The camera would do its best to keep the characters facing upright, so if they both ran the same direction aorund the planet, the camera would rotate with them around it.
But if they ran opposite directions, the camera would pan outwards.

Just an idea i thought might interest some people :)
thoughts?

Groose

Smash Champion
I thought of this when I considered the possibility of a Galaxy stage. My very limited programming knowledge means I don't know if this is possible or how much work it would take, though.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I couldnt decide wether to post this under stage discussion, or in with the daily pics, so i thought i would just put it here.

Imagine a stage thats a full circle, and the characters can run all the way around the stage, down the sides, and even underneith.
The camera would do its best to keep the characters facing upright, so if they both ran the same direction aorund the planet, the camera would rotate with them around it.

thoughts?
Would probably cause an headache but hell I would play the **** out of it. I'm all for experimental stages.
I would also love a Big Blue-like version of Fire Field on the GX track Cylinder Knot in which you sometimes find yourself fighting upside down.

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
2 words.
Flat. Maps.
or at least maps that were like battlefield. It's so simple and it is a great place for a focused and heated battle without obstacles getting in the way.

TweetyPurd

Smash Apprentice
2 words.
Flat. Maps.
or at least maps that were like battlefield. It's so simple and it is a great place for a focused and heated battle without obstacles getting in the way.

yeah i love them most :)
i know in competative play, platforms are seen to be advantages ect
but when me and my friends play, they just seem to always get in the way and be annoying!
i really want 2 final destination-ect stages, a smaller one for 1v1, and a larger one for FFA

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
yeah i love them most :)
i know in competative play, platforms are seen to be advantages ect
but when me and my friends play, they just seem to always get in the way and be annoying!
i really want 2 final destination-ect stages, a smaller one for 1v1, and a larger one for FFA

Yeah, they are kinda just floating there and they get annoying if you use a character that jumps higher than average characters coughNesscough. I'm excited to see that boxing ring in the SSB4 trailer. I really hope it's a playable VS mode map.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Has anyone suggested a Star Fox Adventures stage yet? I'd really like to see something from that title find its way into this game. The game had great graphics for its time, and seeing some of its locations in HD would be a joy to see.

The battle would take place at the central shrine of the palace. The scenery would start out sunny, during the daytime. After about a minute of fighting, the stage would transition into a dark void, like this, with no platforms, similar to the transition phases in Castle Siege.

After a brief moment, players would appear in front of the Warpstone in Thorntail Hollow, the one responsible for warping Fox to-and-fro in the original game.

The perspective would be shifted so that the Warpstone is positioned in the background, with that small outcropping seen above serving as the main platform on which to do battle. The golem would hold out his two hands, palms flat, to serve as platforms as he intently observes the fight. After about a minute in this location, the stage would go through the dark void phase again before ending back up at the Krazoa Palace, but this time, its appearance would more akin to the top picture, being set in a stormy, nighttime setting. Torches/spirits would now be lit around the shrine, providing illumination (hopefully with some great HD lighting effects). Eventually, the fight would transition back to the Warpstone, and the cycle would loop until the end of the match.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Has anyone suggested a Star Fox Adventures stage yet? I'd really like to see something from that title find its way into this game. The game had great graphics for its time, and seeing some of its locations in HD would be a joy to see.

The battle would take place at the central shrine of the palace. The scenery would start out sunny, during the daytime. After about a minute of fighting, the stage would transition into a dark void, like this, with no platforms, similar to the transition phases in Castle Siege.

After a brief moment, players would appear in front of the Warpstone in Thorntail Hollow, the one responsible for warping Fox to-and-fro in the original game.

The perspective would be shifted so that the Warpstone is positioned in the background, with that small outcropping seen above serving as the main platform on which to do battle. The golem would hold out his two hands, palms flat, to serve as platforms as he intently observes the fight. After about a minute in this location, the stage would go through the dark void phase again before ending back up at the Krazoa Palace, but this time, its appearance would more akin to the top picture, being set in a stormy, nighttime setting. Torches/spirits would now be lit around the shrine, providing illumination (hopefully with some great HD lighting effects). Eventually, the fight would transition back to the Warpstone, and the cycle would loop until the end of the match.
Yeah but everyone hates that game.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Not everyone. Adventures is a solid game, extremely good sometimes.
Sauria would be an awesome stage (I mean, ****ing dinosaurs) but it'll never happen sadly.
I loved the game honestly, it just doesnt garner enough positive reception to be represented. I'd LOOOOVE a Walled City stage with ****ing Redeyes or King Redeye roaming around and causing hazards.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I loved the game honestly, it just doesnt garner enough positive reception to be represented. I'd LOOOOVE a Walled City stage with ****ing Redeyes or King Redeye roaming around and causing hazards.
It's like they're purposefully avoiding any reference to any StarFox game outside of the very first one and Lylat Wars. They were the best ones I can agree with that, but come on. The most relevance Adventures will probably have is trophy-level. It's considered a spin-off, almost a curiosity: "Hey look at this Tricky trophy. Yeah that's right, StarFox had a little action game with dinosaurs, the more you know!". The interesting part is that the StarFox games featuring Sauria or at least characters related to Adventures is almost 50% of the entire franchise.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
It's like they're purposefully avoiding any reference to any StarFox game outside of the very first one and Lylat Wars. They were the best ones I can agree with that, but come on. The most relevance Adventures will probably have is trophy-level. It's considered a spin-off, almost a curiosity: "Hey look at this Tricky trophy. Yeah that's right, StarFox had a little action game with dinosaurs, the more you know!". The interesting part is that the StarFox games featuring Sauria or at least characters related to Adventures is almost 50% of the entire franchise.
The way I see it is Adventures is a good game, but a terrible Starfox game. Same way I view Kirbys Epic Yarn. Too much a departure to be familiar at all, which makes everyone feel awkward, confused and betrayed. I had the luxury of playing Adventures years after it came out so I knew what I was getting into. Assault was fantastic as well and ACTUALLY played like a Starfox game, but of course it was overlooked because people didnt like the third person segments and it was incredibly short. Personally I loved the 3rd person bits, and hoooooly **** I wasted soooo many hours away with friends in multiplayer.

ryuu seika

Smash Master

thoughts?
I had this idea before SSB4 was even announced and have been promoting it a fair bit since.
I would love to see it happen.

My other ideas were floating water in place of platforms/ledges and an infinitely large stage where blast zones are dependent on camera position and players are pulled towards the camera's mid point based on how far apart they are (to prevent infinite runaways).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
GameCube logo: Self explanatory
Tetris: Tetris remix plays, the fight takes place on a platform made of Tetris blocks, occasionally blocks will fall down and will disappear
Guitar Hero: The Guitar Hero notes display is where the smashers fight on, the smashers have to dodge notes aligned to play a rock version of the Smash Bros theme, randomly Star Power will be activated
Madden (joke): A generic football stadium, the smashers fight on the playing field itself. The scoreboard displays current match stats
Krazoa Palace: From Star Fox Adventures
Bowser's Castle
Legacy: A stage representing Nintendo's past, past game consoles are seen holographically, characters from various Nintendo franchises that aren't represented are seen.
Sargasso: Another Star Fox stage
Waluigi pinball
Sauria: Star Fox Assault version
Mute City: F-Zero
Skyloft: Zelda
Wily's Castle
Samus' Ship

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

Kung Fu stage. Let's do it.
I'd prefer it as a story mode stage. Anyway, has Nintendo the right of this game?

P.S. On a second thought could be interesting a stage that scrolls left, then a little up, then right, then a little up, then left, then a little up, then right, then a little up, then left, then a little up, then right, then a little up, then left, then a little up, then right, then a little up, then left...

P.P.S. Oh! And with this music:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Tetris all the way, buddies. It's the only stage I truly want in SSB4.

Besides Bowser's Castle, which is OVERDUE.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I hope the pirate ship stage comes back but gets a total redesign.
It should actually crash into some islands like Windfall and Outset for a short time.
Players can jump off and fight on part of the island then get back on the ship when it starts moving again.
You pass actual islands from the game in the background.
The cyclone warps you to another spot of the ocean.
And there is the odd gust of wind that works like Whispy Woods.
Maybe even pass the ghost ship.
So much potential to make a really great stage that captures the essence of Wind Waker.
And that starts with being on the water.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
God, I love stages. I am so hyped for stages. Long live stages.

I got this cool stage idea:

PLANET ZEBES

Before you even ask, yes, it's completely different from the stage in Smash 64. The stages would be a tour of the different locations in Zebes (Crateria, Tourian, Brinstar, Kraid, and maybe Norfair. I'm not sure on Norfair). The match would begin at any of the locations. An elevator always sits in the middle of the stage, and when arrows start flashing and pointing to the elevator, the players must race the platform and ride it either up or down to the next location. It's kind of like Castle Siege, but the order of which the areas are visited is randomized.

This way, we can get both Kraid AND Mother Brain as stage hazards, and have almost an entire Metroid game represented in one stage. This has always been my dream stage for Smash.

Just wanted to share that.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm hoping for a Windfall Island Stage, that would be epic. With the subtle music playing along with it, it would be amazing. I'm also hoping for a galaxy stage, and maybe the Sunset stage from DKCR. Fighting as silhouettes on a sunset sky would be incredible.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't care what DK stage gets added, I just want it to have music on the level of the music Starphoenix used for his stage concepts years back.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
If there are any new stages that deserve to appear in this game it is...

A Strip Joint

I want my money's worth Sakurai!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If there are any new stages that deserve to appear in this game it is...

A Strip Joint

I want my money's worth Sakurai!
More like Love Hotel! At least it's a reference to Nintendo's business ventures of darkness!

Does anyone else think a Rhythm Heaven Fever stage would be really fun to play on? I'd imagine it would be like WarioWare. Inc in Brawl, only that it would have to revolve around the "tempo" of the stage and would include many of the minigames within.

Top Bottom