• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
After some extensive DJC practice with Peach, my Yoshi and Ness are much better than before. XD I still need to improve my Bowser, nobody else plays him...

I can't wait to test out all this newfound knowledge at the Smashfest. I've been practicing exclusively solo. :)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I need to get my Marth into practice again. I'll take some friendly dittos/matches with anyone.
And Marth dittos are fun, they're like the only dittos I actually enjoy.

! sMaSH KinG !

Smash Cadet
O. so thats what it means, cool. thanks again

(Aarosmashguy said,
"if we do crews dont make me be captain again. I hate picking people >.>" )

Crew playing sounds fun, haha.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Crews are AWESOME. :chuckle:

Hopefully I can remove more stock than I lose next time we do crews. In previous crews I went 1-4 and 2-4, but my Peach is much better now, better than my Samus. >.>

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Holy crap, I just found out that I'm moving back into the dorms on the same day as the Smashfest! If everything goes as planned, I should still be there on time though.

I read somewhere that Chexr got second place at FC3 Low Tier, with Mr. Game & Watch. Azen was first, Chu Dat third, Ken fourth. No wonder I lost the G&W ditto with him at Gamecrazy XD.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I'll still be coming.

Just out of curiousity, will anyone be able to record matches?

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
yeah chexrs G&W is nothing to mess around with. He beat chu dats young link. Of course it was only single elimination and I lost to Azen 2nd match wich kinda made me angry.

Eci4

Smash Ace
So uh... did anyone notice that the EGL added SSBM to their lineup AND is going to be in the Twin Cities? I really just wish I could find a date for their thing though...

Eci4

Smash Ace
What's EGL? And where did you get the info?
Electronic gaming league (I believe it's new...) and I got it from their website (which was linked on the new tourney advertiser thing)

Actually I can't be certain they are bringing SSBM to the twin cities, but they are bringing Halo, and if they keep their lineup for a while (They dropped DoA early it looks) then they will have smash... but I really dont know... there is no information about the twin cities other than that it is on their list of events

http://theegleague.com/ is a link...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well their next tournament is in DC, which is in a huge smash area (MD/VA) so if they get a large Smash turnout they're more likely to keep Smash on their roster.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Under the rules section it says that there will be only 64 contestants allowed, and the top 2 players in a pool move on...yikes. Which I think means sixteen 4 person pools. Odd. And, wow, they make 2 hours for the smash tournament in a 3-day gaming tournament. Lawlz. Is there a date for this anywhere?

Eci4

Smash Ace
Under the rules section it says that there will be only 64 contestants allowed, and the top 2 players in a pool move on...yikes. Which I think means sixteen 4 person pools. Odd. And, wow, they make 2 hours for the smash tournament in a 3-day gaming tournament. Lawlz. Is there a date for this anywhere?
I thought the time thing was really odd too (although at the one I looked at it was 2 hours for smash singles only... No I couldn't find a date anywhere... if they do it monthly, its probably in 2 or 3 months as its kinda far down the list

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
just woundering, in feb 10, is it a smashfest or a tourey?
when dose it start anyway?

btw, crew sounds fun @_@

JS, i need to see Mark at least once lol

Mark is amazing @_@

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Feb 10th is a Smashfest, and it starts around noon.

And crews are indeed awesome. ^_^ I'm really hoping for Low Tier now that I have added Yoshi to my roster. Don't know if I'd use him yet though...still learning. But it's a pretty solid Yoshi.

:yoshi:

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* 56k, you sound like me in my old days...picking up low tier characters for weeks at a time. My old Link, Mewtwo, and, sadly, bowser. A tragic tale, yes. I agree. This post sucked. pubes.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Most of my favorite characters just happen to be low tiers. :) They're fun to play. I can't play the space animals at all, Marth either. I'd say Peach is by far my best character though. Samus, GW, and ICs are 2, 3, and 4. Then Luigi and Yoshi.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Eww...Ganon *not so fond memories of last ditto*

D, mind if we have a friendly rematch? I need spacing work/mindgame advice.

Also, odds are, I won't be able to make to the smashfest on Feb 10th. =/

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Also learn how to attack immediately when you jump with him, Zeus gets pissed when I do things like that. I wont be able to come to this one Ulti, sorry. I'll see if I can do something on the 20th, since I have the time off from work on that weekend.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
not sure if im going to be able to make it this saturday since i have no ride. I pmed greenbunny a week or so ago but he never replies so unless I bike there I wont be able to make it.

Zicore

Smash Champion
If myself, Black Hayate, and Toecutter could get a ride from someone, we could make the smashfest on Feb. 10. We are going to be in Minniapiolis that weekend for our senior trip...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
56k if you don't stick to a character you'll never actually progress as a player. Stop changing characters and play one. You should seriously pick one and play only that character all day at the fest.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
But I have to try out all my characters, to see how good they really are. I'll probably be using Peach the most though. DJC is just too good. I just can't stick to one character. I picked up Yoshi a week ago and I'd say my Yoshi's already as good as my Ice Climbers. >.>

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
56k- the character is only as good as you are as a player.Try to find a character that you have the most fun with and stick to it. Sticking to 1 or 2 is definetly best for you =P.

mastr- biking wouldnt be to bad if it wasnt like 10 degrees outside.

I really want to go so I probably will but I might not.

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
I've been busy, don't worry Aaron I'll be there at 11:30 sound good. besides you make us all better so its worth it.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I remember I was in a similar position as 56k. I couldn't decide whether I'd main Link, Marth, or Ganon. I actually probably would've stayed with Link had it not been for the dry spell in the summer.

Anyway, it's still on for 11:30 tomorrow? I should be able to bring a cube.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Start time is noon, as usual.

Also, let's try something different this time:

Rather than have me run downstairs every time someone shows up, everyone should find the elevator (through the right entrance and through the farthest door), call me, and then get into the elevator.

I or someone else will go call the elevator up to the 4th floor.

This will make things a lot easier. It's not such a big deal for a smashfest, but when I'm running around getting people before a tourney it doesn't allow me any warmup time.

Seanson

Smash Ace
That sounds like a much better plan.

Me and SDM will be there sometime... around noonish I hope. We'll be bringing a vcr, as SDM needs help filming some shots for his latest project. We'll bring our usual setup

Top Bottom