• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
HaHa a Ganon player would. But I agree because when you get Drephen in your pool =(
I have a teamate ulti FYI.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
man, when i came to my first tourney i was afraid of teflon and his 800+ post count. I played yoshii and got WoPed to death. now that was an eye opener.

i really hate to ask, it sounds so dumb, but its just to tempting. have you new guys ever played competitively? I guess a batter question would be, do you think l-canceling is a cheat? (i just kinda assume you can do it)
I havent played competitively outside my friends (we do small 6-10 man tourneys sometimes...)

And, i dont think l-canceling is a cheat, i think that its really good, but its easy to do honestly... so if u cant do it u need to be shot in both kneecaps and lit on fire (from family guy the other night!)

Oh, and btw, i plan on entering doubles preferrably, but i will try to do singles too!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh dont worry Uno can do it, Uno can do a lot of things. He's pretty flashy, next to him would be Zeus. I think I'm the most boring MN smasher out there, I think. Let's take a vote shall we?

*creates vote for D. Disciple signs*

you dont need to ask you can just show up with your friend.
I think he's asking about calling when he gets to the tourney, because in the first post Bluewolf said to call him up, so he can bring someone down to open the door for them.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
*creates a D. Disciple sign*
i want 2% of the earnings when u win biggest loser award, ty

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Aaro and Chexr really.

You can get a very general idea of relative skill on the first page where the singles rankings are. Though after the top ten it gets less accurate. Example, I'm ranked higher than D even though he's beaten me very consistently and has place higher than me in tournaments, I'm ranked higher because I've shown up to more tournaments, and placed okay in them while D has placed higher in the tournaments he's been to and attended less (and somehow my position ended up being over-inflated).
I try not to place too much stock in the rankings though.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Aaro and Chexr really.

You can get a very general idea of relative skill on the first page where the singles rankings are. Though after the top ten it gets less accurate. Example, I'm ranked higher than D even though he's beaten me very consistently and has place higher than me in tournaments, I'm ranked higher because I've shown up to more tournaments, and placed okay in them while D has placed higher in the tournaments he's been to and attended less (and somehow my position ended up being over-inflated).
I try not to place too much stock in the rankings though.

steve and I went to one ranked tourney... I scrubbed out and lost in 2 matches... Steve won, lost, won, lost... we have the same amount of points... Thats right, I'm awesome at brackets

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I'm pretty high up in the rankings, but most of the people below me are much better then I am...

We'll see how I do at the next tourney, now that I main Samus. A few weeks with her and she's already better than my Game & Watch.

Moist.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
lol... 56k i was just about to ask you about your sig... i mean it had been like 3 days without you changing it, but i see you've taken care of it.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It's just not like me to have the same sig all the time XD

I decided to join in and make a custom sig.

And of course, it couldn't stay the same...Now it changes every 1.5 seconds! :chuckle:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
XD I was gonna add a little bar that says "Loading..." at the beginning but I thought that would take too long, no pun intended >_>

Eci4

Smash Ace
56k I think that woulda taken away from it (unless you put the loading thing in between each one) because right now, it doesnt matter where it starts, it just goes and goes... with a loading one, it would start at loading... always...

ShadouDragon

Smash Apprentice
Imageready and Photoshop, awesome programs....
And, D. Disciple, I like that sig of yours, Shadow is the best....

Top Bottom