• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
As stated on facebook, that face earned me a waveshining of SDM across FD into upsmash for the kill. Pubes. Anyone up for a smashfest or something over Christmas break? Aaron? Chexr? SDM? Roseville people?

Thomas Jefferson

Smash Apprentice
this is hayate, i forget to logout kevin's account lol
or to see who's better than you by 1 point?

i started playing brinstar after i saw yoshii use it. and i liked it so now i screw people over by picking it :).
and you SD twice when you play me on that stage...

teflon, i still need to play you yet, son don't quit

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
JS we have to do some friendlies or something nice job on taking out bluewolf. SDM help me with my fox. I haven't played you either Aaron.....

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
If Teflon leaves, that puts me in the top 10. 2 gud! >.>

I don't remember where Roseville is in relation to where I am, but a Christmas Break fest would be pretty cool.

Eci4

Smash Ace
But I've gotten even better since the tourney...

Fine. Second-best?

*trend continues until I am the 7th-best G&W in Minnesota* :laugh:
Aaron plays G&W too

I feel like every time I go to one of these I improve over the next 2 or 3 days and then stay around that level untill I go to another one.... that means I'm going to have to try to make it to a lot more

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Hey seanson, you and SDM should set one up sometime after Christmas. Don't Chexr and Aaron live in Roseville as well? Hopefully those kiddies can come. I need some practice against peach as well.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Dang, I gotta be the best SOMETHING.

Best Game & Watch main?

I wanna be, the very best, like no one ever was...

*Pokemon CD is quickly removed*

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I will just be happy with best y link,falcon,falco,and marth although im pretty good with everyone else to^^ unless anyone wants to prove me wrong by mm me.

Chexr and I do live in roseville and right next to sdm/seanson so if sdm sets something up im pretty sure we would be able to come.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
i thought you said you were tired of playing GW because he sucks or something
I know. I don't think I'll be using him in tournies anymore. Maybe as a FF counterpick. I'm focusing on other characters more than him, but I'm still improving my GW game. I'm kind of playing everybody right now, to see who works best. My goal is to eventually be proficient with every character. GW was the only character I used "correctly", I play everybody else with a really weird style similar to GW. But then again there really is no standard way to play anyone. I like my weird style. I guess uncommon is a better word.

I like my non-SHL Falco, my non-grabbing Ice Climbers, and my non float cancelling Peach :p

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
To Aaron, Chexr, or anybody else who entered the GameCrazy tourney:

Did you get a phone call from Kram yet? Can I just go over there Saturday and enter? Also, when does it start?

Seanson

Smash Ace
Edit: Talked to SDM and a mini-smashfest at our house is doable. So we just need to figure out when! In terms of time, I have nothing going on during all of my winter break except my birthday and my mom's birthday, so it shouldn't be too hard to find 1 day that'll work.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
I should know by Saturday when I'm working the rest of this month. January I get busy, but I can ask off for the St. Thomas biweeklies, provided I know the date far enough in advance. So the next will be on the 6th or 13th? Then the next on the 20th or 27th?

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll have the smashfest on the 13th and the tourney on the 27th and continue from there.

I get back on the 2nd, and I want to make sure that the lounge space isn't in use for something else during the new term. If it is, I'll have time to find somewhere else to hold it.

yoshii

Smash Ace
wow, not until the 27th?? Cant you make the tournament a little earlier? Why not reserve that lounge sometime over break, like the 13th?

I dont want to wait a whole 7 + weeks for another tournament...

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Hey SDM count me and bluewolf in on this, we have to play some Magic and old school smash I'll bring mine, hey Aaron still up for an old school MM my fox vs. your falcon??

to 56K, hate to burst your bubble but the top 10 players all would prolly beat you in a G&W ditto.....

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
to 56K, hate to burst your bubble but the top 10 players all would prolly beat you in a G&W ditto.....
Oh I highly doubt that. The only person who beat me in a G&W ditto was teflon...and I was a G&W noob then. I'm already a lot better than last Saturday. Mostly faster.

I have a whole month to continue improving. Next smashfest, there will be some hardcore G&W pwnage taking place, the likes of which you have never seen. :flame: I guarantee it.

I'll have to hire the guy from Mortal Kombat to say "Flawless Victory!" when I'm done.

Hope we do Low Tier at the next smashfest :chuckle:

Seanson

Smash Ace
Awesome, I'll actually be able to make it to the next official smashfest.

I'm hoping for low tier as well, but im screwed if aaron chooses DK :chuckle:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I'll try. Aaron & Chexr both beat me in G Dub dittos at Gamecrazy today. They're just...faster than me. Every time I did something they did it first. I'm too slow (hence the name 56K)

Practice makes perfect.

But yes, you will be surprised.

I feel like I'm not making any more progress in terms of skill, but I don't stop trying. But I may have hit the plateau already...

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
I might show up at the next smashfest, i'm falling out of practice and my Ice Climbers need some real experience. Also i've been working on C. Falcon and I need a way to improve him.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Holy crap, I tried working on Falco but SHL and pillaring really tires me...

I'm trying to find which character I can use to their full potential. I'm practicing ICs, Peach, Sheik, G&W, Jiggly, and Samus. I don't think practicing six people at the same time is gonna help me improve. My Peach is okay, but I don't wanna see another debacle like that crew match. My Peach and Sheik are extremely noobish, yet I win the most with them.

Meh, I'll figure it out.

Edit: Screw it I'll just go back to Ganon.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
jesus christ son... make up your mind.
XD I need help. Like I said, I'll figure it out. I hope.

Yeah really, 56k if you want help with characters. I can help you out, it might be troublesome but together we can find a character that fits your style.
Yeah, it would be awesome to find the right character. I need to think outside the box here. It's not who I like to use, but the character that fits my style best. I think I know the character. It'll be hard starting a character from scratch but it feels perfect.

Top Bottom