• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Uno, dota stands for Defense of the Ancients. It is a custom map on warcraft 3 where 2 teams of heroes fight to eventually destroy the other team's base. Each game starts fresh, no saving of any kind, with each game lasting anywhere from 30-60+ minutes. Not very RPGish, and quite fun.

I play DotA on a daily basis, send me a PM and I'll play with you sometime. I'm no longer in noob-mode, after my full year break from dota, but i'm not as good as I was in the 5.84c days either.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Results!

Singles:

1 Aaron
2 Chexr
3 SuperDoodleMan
4 James Sparrow
5 Yoshii
5 Blue Wolf
7 Green Bunny
7 Deepak
9 Zeus
9 Seanson
9 56 K
9 Master
13 Ulti
13 Eci 4
13 Wes
13 Swan
17 Nomek
17 Kram

Teams:

1 Mojo Cojo
2 The Team S. Kioski
3 Chexr Sucks
4 Big Tall Alien Mike
5 Captain Falcon Punch Combo
5 My First Pube
7 Team Ultimate
7 Yoshimi
9 Smashers
9 Bengal Bangers
9 Trampoline

I'm hella tired right now, so I'll put brackets and new rankings up sometime tomorrow.

Seanson

Smash Ace
I realized after the tourney I should have been using a tag so people get to know me better. But yes, I am SDM's brother and we teamed together. I was wearing the stupid purple sweatshirt and main pika ;)

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
go me and random partner Tyler, who was accually good. my brother and good friend are coming to the next smashfest they want to do teams. lets do 5 man crews as well!!

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Tournament was really fun, didn't do that well in singles, thanks to Deepak and Zeus *shakes fist*, but it was still a good time.

I only have time for quick shoutouts, sorry.

- Bluewolf: Thanks again for hosting, and for giving me some advice at the end. At least I have something to work on for the next few weeks.
- Yoshii/Eci4/Master/Croudo: Thanks for the MMs, hopefully I can improve and we set up a rematch sometimes.
- JS: STOMP! Thanks for the friendlies. I can't wait for Hardcore Match Pt. 2
- Zeus: Thanks for teaming with me on such short notice. Your Falco is really hard to fight.
- Greenbunny: Thanks for the friendlies.
- Deepak: Shiek is lame. >.<

Thanks again everyone, happy holidays in the meantime.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Was this tournament seeded based on those points? or was it just random. Also, I assume the next tournament is after winter break?

brinstar for banlist cough.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
1 Aaron - 120
2 Chexr - 95
3 BlueWolf - 55
4 yoshii - 35
5 James Sparrow - 31
6 teflon_climbers - 30
7 SuperDoodleMan - 28
8 GreenBunny - 18
9 Deepak - 16
10 DarkRoom - 14
11 Ulti - 12
12 Master - 10
13 18 Spikes - 8
13 Stick - 8
13 56k - 8
16 Seanson - 6
16 Zeus - 6
16 CivilianTurtle - 6
16 Whitefire - 6
16 Croudo - 6
16 D. Disciple - 6
16 Leon - 6
16 Uno - 6
24 ECI4 - 4
24 Wes - 4
24 Swan - 4
24 Grant - 4
24 Dita - 4
24 Fish - 4
24 Sarm - 4
24 Crafty - 4
24 FluxWolf - 4
33 Nomek - 2
33 Kram - 2
33 Sean - 2
33 CJ - 2
33 Dos - 2
33 Ark - 2
33 4ire - 2
40 Chop - 1
40 Chi - 1

A Johnner said:
brinstar for banlist cough.
LOL.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
You loser, that's supposed to be my job. Lol.

I'll put the new ranks on the front page in a sec.

Also, brackets:
Singles
Teams

Two quick shouts:

JS- Good **** dude. My hatred of lasers continues to increase. We should team again in the future.

Seanson- Pika dittos were awesome. We should so some more next time.

BTAM out. (Lol)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
you took too long. and sorry about the gayser spam, i was playing to win :-/

yeah if we team more often we'll get to know how to play wiht eachother better. i think things didn't go as well as they could have, but we did have our high points. we just need to figure out how to keep those constant.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I don't blame you for it. We probably wouldn't have went 3 games if you didn't roll into my dsmashes 4 or 5 times. :p

I just felt really "off" yesterday, I dunno why.

yoshii

Smash Ace
Tier list for rankings:

Aaron - 120
Chexr - 95

Upper
BlueWolf - 55
yoshii - 35
James Sparrow - 31
teflon_climbers - 30
SuperDoodleMan - 28

High
GreenBunny - 18
Deepak - 16
DarkRoom - 14
Ulti - 12
Master - 10

Mid
18 Spikes - 8
Stick - 8
56k - 8
Seanson - 6
Zeus - 6
CivilianTurtle - 6
Whitefire - 6
Croudo - 6
D. Disciple - 6
Leon - 6
Uno - 6
ECI4 - 4
Wes - 4
Swan - 4
Grant - 4
Dita - 4
Fish - 4
Sarm - 4
Crafty - 4
FluxWolf - 4

Lower
Nomek - 2
Kram - 2
Sean - 2
CJ - 2
Dos - 2
Ark - 2
4ire - 2

Bottom
Chop - 1
Chi - 1

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
LEVEL UP 56K GAINS +6 EXP POINTS!

I could've been High Tier...curse you Deepak!

jk, ggs in the tourney. Sheik + sheild grab = win.

Well at least I achieved my goal of placing 10th or better in a tourney...next goal: 7th or better. *glares at Gamecrazy tourney* I might go G Dub there, my Samus isn't refined.

Looks like I'll have a good month+ to train my Samus to be a bloodthirsty killing machine :chuckle:

Some shouts (I always forget someone though):

Aaron: Thanks for ruining my Gamecrazy chances lol. Bah, forgot about the GW ditto.

Chexr: You too! :laugh:

Bluewolf: Tourney was awesome. Duh. It's ALWAYS awesome.

Greenbunny: Thanks for the tip, I do need to work on my ICs. They're pretty noob at the moment.

Deepak: ggs. At least I didn't have to fight your Marth. Thank goodness.

Zeus: Had fun in friendlies. Your Falco is cold blooded, man.

56K: Work on your Samus. >_>

Eci4: ggs in team friendlies.

Wes: ggs in the Tourney. I barely made it out alive from Peach's down smashes. They pwn G&W. Great job finding my weakness and taking advantage of it, that was really smart gameplay. :bigthumbu

Kram: I had fun teaming with you in the tourney. For two people who don't really play team matches, we did pretty well. :chuckle: I'll be at your Gamecrazy tournament for sure. You have a crazy play style. Keep working on Fox, he can be deadly. Just try to learn more stuff about him. check out some Fox videos. The Fox board helps too.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
One tourney and I'm mid tier,right on.
Random Shoutouts:

Bluewolf: I have too much fun going to these, everytime I come it pushes me to improve, thanks for throwing it.

Ulti: Thanks for teaming, first time I've actually done it. Sorry for knocking you out but its just the way the brackets lined up.

Kram: Keep improving man, your playstyle is so you. Learn more about fox but dont try to become like the thousands of other foxes, try to keep a little of your style.

Nomek: I think you did the brackets, well good job on that(Aaron second round), good match though, your sheiks pretty good and took fox to the brink.

Aaron: D*****, JK, I really appreciate playing you, just shows how much I have to improve. Your crazy man, good job on first place.

GreenBunny: Mindgames son! You totally mindgamed me when I think back on the match.... I just kept attacking. Glad I played you I'll have to rethink how to go about attacking marth.

And to anybody I missed, keep playing.
I'm out

Seanson

Smash Ace
Bluewolf, yeah I wish there were more friendlies. 10-15 fights didn't seem like much. But if you want to train up a pikachu the 'best' way is to ditto,i would think. Marth is definately pika's hardest matchup if the marth abuses the range (which you did a good job on, especially that **** fsmash). But yes Id love to ditto more, see what works, see what I need to work on. Maybe I need to fsmash more as pika like you seemed to do, but maybe I shouldnt because I'm the only one that runs into it :laugh: . Also, when is your break over? I may need to plan ahead to make it to the next event.

In the rankings Sean = Seanson, I just didn't technically have an official nick until I figured I would need one to represent mysef. So I just took the nickname my friends've been calling me.

I wish I could've done more friendlies in general but everyone left early this time. I need desperate practice vs shieks and marths and falcos, heh. Take it easy everyone.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Sorry about that Seanson.

1 Aaron - 120
2 Chexr - 95
3 BlueWolf - 55
4 yoshii - 35
5 James Sparrow - 31
6 teflon_climbers - 30
7 SuperDoodleMan - 28
8 GreenBunny - 18
9 Deepak - 16
10 DarkRoom - 14
11 Ulti - 12
12 Master - 10
13 18 Spikes - 8
13 Stick - 8
13 56k - 8
13 Seanson - 8
17 Zeus - 6
17 CivilianTurtle - 6
17 Whitefire - 6
17 Croudo - 6
17 D. Disciple - 6
17 Leon - 6
17 Uno - 6
24 ECI4 - 4
24 Wes - 4
24 Swan - 4
24 Grant - 4
24 Dita - 4
24 Fish - 4
24 Sarm - 4
24 Crafty - 4
24 FluxWolf - 4
33 Nomek - 2
33 Kram - 2
33 CJ - 2
33 Dos - 2
33 Ark - 2
33 4ire - 2
39 Chop - 1
39 Chi - 1

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Added some more characters to my ever-expanding roster: Roy, Ness, and Marth. Doing the best with Roy so far. Still improving my Samus game too. :chuckle: LEVEL UP 56K LEARNED +3 CHARACTERS!

Edit: Finally, I can SHFFL consistently. LEVEL UP 56K LEARNED +2 SHFFL!

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Alright JS we know you outranked Teflon Quit posting the points I only have 18, dam SDM is crazy my fox sucks.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I don't mind him posting the rankings =P
sdm is indeed crazy. He almost knocked me out of the tourney o.O I was using ganon for some reason.

james sparrow- ylink>you =)

zues- keep improving the mindgames

yoshii- you left before we could money match =( you got so close to beating sdm I felt sad when you barely lost thanks to Grandpa(the ones that kill you) turnips.

uno- should have been there it woulda helped.

bluepeach- OMGiggles

Eci4

Smash Ace
I really want to learn to play 'gainst unconventional characters

props to Yoshii and Seanson who together, took me out of singles...

Greenbunny, thanks for teaming with Tyler... I really didn't figure on you coming up and asking for a teamate

Aaron, ROFLMYCOPTERZ

JS,PWNED! haha, sorry, I really didn't expect to win that one... if you want we can do it again next time... falco is my least favorite character to fight against

Ulti, I finally decided to work on my L cancelling... your gannondorf is too fast...

56k, Master, and I think one other person, Team friendlies were great...

MoMD, I want a MM or at least some friendles next time we're at the same place

James Sparrow

Smash Master
JS,PWNED! haha, sorry, I really didn't expect to win that one... if you want we can do it again next time... falco is my least favorite character to fight against
you mindgamesed me with all your unconfidence. it was my fault for underestimating you. plus i made a kinda dumb counterpick. we'll definitely have to have a repeat on that match :lick:

Eci4

Smash Ace
yeah I thought of that pretty much immediatly after the gamestarted... I was like he came with super doodle man... ****...

I dont think I would have beat your pika with any of my characters though... Next time though I plan to be a bit more prepared

Swan

Smash Rookie
Hey Bluewolf if it is at all possible you should try and make a schedule for these events, that way i can get the days off work or at least try and post the dates like 2 weeks ahead of time. I actually had alot more fun then i thought i would there heh

eci4 you actually get the points for introducing us to something for this one lol

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
hey teflon why do you still check smashboards if you don't play anymore?
is it because secretly you want to come back or are you just curious to see how good everyone is by the rankings?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
or to see who's better than you by 1 point?

i started playing brinstar after i saw yoshii use it. and i liked it so now i screw people over by picking it :).

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Ulti, I finally decided to work on my L cancelling... your gannondorf is too fast...
Thanks, your Puff was good. Did I even take a game off it?
Anyway, we'll have to schedule a rematch. Hopefully I'll have a few improvements between now and the next fest/tourny.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Thanks, your Puff was good. Did I even take a game off it?
Anyway, we'll have to schedule a rematch. Hopefully I'll have a few improvements between now and the next fest/tourny.
you took the first game...

I'm up for a rematch be it friendly or MM, doesn't really bother me either way...
Steve and I are working on integrating my puff into teams... I dont think I'd use it in the singles tourney just yet...

Top Bottom