• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'd love to see this start at 10... in hopes of having low tier. my DK hungers for blood still. i think it's starting at 12 though according to bluewolf unless there are enough of us that want to start earlier.

just remember, earlier start = more playing :)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm REALLY hoping it starts at 10. <3 Low Tier. G-Dub pwnage. :teeth: Plus the more play time and friendlies I get, the more I will improve.

I'm just wondering about the time because I'm gonna be doing a lot of sleeping, I pulled an all-nighter. :******: Don't wanna oversleep.

Aaron: Due to unfortunate and unexpected financial setbacks, the G&W ditto will not be a money match. Sorry. Ditto is still on though. :)

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Well, it will only be me and Chop attending this. If that. I believe Chop still needs a partner because Crafty ditched. We might not even show depending on road conditions and the weather forecast for nightime. So pubes. We'll most likely be there though.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'd much rather this start at noon... first off, my ride generally sleeps till noon, and I dont think I'll be able to make it if it's scheduled for 10...

Also,itdoes seemlike itsgonna get pretty wintery tonight (I don't have a forecast or nothin, I just looked outside)... I don't know what the roads will look like tommorow... yet Tyler, Steve, and I should be there, and Tyler will most likely need a partner (unless he just opts not to participate in teams)

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
whats this people are ditching out? well who ever does come gets a friendly handshake.

mastr- you most definetely need to be there so I can win a dollar =)

56k- Sounds like your pretty determined to get to the tourney. Wish more people had your smash spirit. dont worry about the dollar mm as long as you make it.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I guess I might be going alone then.

Aaron? Don't speak too soon! Just kidding. I will lose. Which is why you may be forced to friendly me (seriously) for extended periods of time so I can beat you.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
56k- Sounds like your pretty determined to get to the tourney. Wish more people had your smash spirit. dont worry about the dollar mm as long as you make it.
Yes I do love Smash. Somewhat addicted. I'm not gonna let a broken bike lock stop me from getting to the tourney. Lol when the key snapped in half the first thing I thought of was the tourney and not the English class I was late for. I do have my priorities straight though. School before Smash. Smash is more fun though :chuckle:

I went to the front office of my dorms to see if I could get the bike lock cut. They said I had to ask management. I ask management. Management says call the University Police because they cut locks. I go to the police office (they have an office in my dorms, pretty awesome) and they said I'd have to call a locksmith because they don't cut locks. WTF. I called home and my dad said he'll come over with his hacksaw to cut off the lock for me. I think I know where I get my strong spirit from :)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Well with D not coming that leaves me open for a partner in teams if anybody wants to join me. I also have an MM open since Flux and D aren't coming and I said I'd do two of those.

So, teams? MM? Anyone?

Also, it doesn't matter much to me as to when this starts. The only thing is I'll probably be late if it starts at 10:00. All I ask is that singles (and maybe doubles) doesn't start too early.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well with D not coming that leaves me open for a partner in teams if anybody wants to join me. I also have an MM open since Flux and D aren't coming and I said I'd do two of those.

So, teams? MM? Anyone?

Also, it doesn't matter much to me as to when this starts. The only thing is I'll probably be late if it starts at 10:00. All I ask is that singles (and maybe doubles) doesn't start too early.
Well I'm definitely not the best teams partner but I can be a last resort if you don't find someone better to team with. I really don't have team experience.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Ulti, Tyler needs a teams partner too... I think you've done quote a bit of friendlies with him (TBag, the fox player...) Idunno, he doesnt have a name on here so I'm saying this for him

I pretty much need a time pretty soon though, else we're just going to show up at noon... we can make 10, but noon is much easier for us

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this'll be starting at noon.

I know I'm going to be out late tonight, and I doubt I'll be able to get up for a 10:00 tourney. It'll also give people with longer drives enough time to possibly show up in time for teams.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
So I got MM with ECi4 and Croudo alright check.

As for the team situation I'll team with anyone, 56K, Tyler, or Ulti...

Just know I'm a really technical player with minimal team experience, but you never learn if you dont try.^^

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Sure, Ulti, you main Ganon right. I'm new to teams so I really dont know what combo of characters are good toghether. Oh well, Just tell me who good with Ganon out of these.
1. Falco 2. Fox 3. Marth 4. C.Falcon 5. Sheik
I'm best with Falco/Fox but I play at a competent level with all of those.

About my MM's I dont know If I'll be able to have those... money issues, I still could, but if not then we could just make them non cash.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Sure, Ulti, you main Ganon right. I'm new to teams so I really dont know what combo of characters are good toghether. Oh well, Just tell me whos good with Ganon out of these.
1. Falco 2. Fox 3. Marth 4. C.Falcon 5. Sheik
I'm best with Falco/Fox but I play at a competent level with all of those.

About my MM's I dont know If I'll be able to have those... money issues, I still could, but if not then we could just make them non cash.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Zeus use your Fox with his Ganon, they worked fairly well when we did it. The only problem is, one of you guys have to be the life tank, and both of you aren't good at doing that. Ulti you always make me the life tank, because I can usually do it. Zeus you'll most likely gonna have to be the life tank in this situation. Make sure you guys get a lot of friendlies in before hand, just to see how well you two work out teaming together.

Seanson - Yeah that was my Pikachu, I might return in January I dont know. I'm just not in the mood to go out to smashfests or tournies for a good while. Dont ask why, just am.

Edit

I dont think Darkroom will be showing up.

Oh and Zeus try your Marth as well.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Zeus: Yep, I use Ganon. D and I did do pretty okay with Fox/Ganon, so why don't we try that? I'll try my hand at life-tanking if we need it. At the very least I'll try not to die too fast.

Mastr: Yep it starts at noon. I'll $1 MM you.
Croudo: I'll take up your offer too. $1.

My Ganon/Marth vs your...?

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going this Saturday, looks like my Ice Climbers are going to have to wait to get some real experience. I'll be back in January though, Turtle will be with me, not sure about anyone else. If something goes on in St. Cloud in the near future though, i'll be there, it's a lot easier for me to get there.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to bring some extra money with me tomorrow yoshii. $1?

I wouldn't worry about the speed issue Zeus.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
jeez this isnt going to be very crowded.

I'll be there if i can, i'm guessing teams will be done by 1:30, so i'll show up at around that time if i do at all. It would help to know if we are doing any filler thing or just going straight into singles.

thats all, i hope i'm there. whats dots? if its an mmo dont tell me.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Kay good news, I have no idea whether or not tyler needs a partner... Him and Steve are helping this kid get better tonight (so most of the advanced techniques are probably going to be missing) but he might end up coming and teaming with Tyler... or just coming and watching...

Or not coming at all..

Either way, It's midnight, I'm tired, I have 1$ MMs with Zeus, Ulti, James Sparrow, and I don't think anyone else... (but Ill have some singles along anyway in case I get tempted or something)

Hopefully we don't arrive late or anything, but if we do we do... I'm going to bed, goodnight

Seanson

Smash Ace
Uno, dota stands for Defense of the Ancients. It is a custom map on warcraft 3 where 2 teams of heroes fight to eventually destroy the other team's base. Each game starts fresh, no saving of any kind, with each game lasting anywhere from 30-60+ minutes. Not very RPGish, and quite fun.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Well it was a great tourney as usual. I did alright with GW. I still can't touch Marth. :p I really could've done better, but I just couldn't concentrate.

Sorry I left so soon, I had a killer headache. :urg: Still do.

It saddens me to say it, but I am dropping G-Dub and moving on to a new main. :crying: It's fun to play him, but I need to concentrate on someone I can consistently win with.

I will not be giving any hints as to who I will be maining. You'll have to guess.

Edit: I will keep working on G&W too. I've come too far to just let him go ^_^

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It is a mystery. lol

So, anything else happen after Singles? Low Tier?

We need something spontaneously random at the next Smashfest. Like...

Crew Battle
Crew Battle (with a theme, like Low Tier or something)
Random Character Tourney
Low Tier Tourney
Bowser Challenge
[Insert Character Here] Challenge
Items On Tourney (omg noobs!)
Banned Stages Tourney

I'm just pulling random crap out of my aching head right now.

Also, an idea for anyone who plays dittos. Remove your name tags and both people play the same color. Like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=46uH7mlS3gA

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was probably my worst tournament ever. I did terrible. Anywho, it was good to see all of the MN smashers again. Brinstar sucks. Aaron - your falcon is insane. SDM - way too good. PUbes.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
since bluewolf hasnt posted the results yet, I guess ill list the ones I know.

Singles

1.Aaron (me)
2.Chexr
3.SDM
4.James Sparrow
5.Yoshii...I think

Teams

1.Aaron and Chexr
2.Team Kioski
3.Team Chexr Sucks

and thats all I know we will have to wait for bluewolf for all the results.

Top Bottom