• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
that's true, so i wouldn't be suprised if bluewolf would be going home too. so if it was that weekend, it might not be able to be at UST.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Sparrow why don't we have it in one of our lounges? Without that many people here we could fit them all in a Brady hall lounge.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll probably hold it on Dec. 2nd and then stop for Christmas break and such. I might get them back up during J-term, I might not. It depends on how many people would be available.

Seanson

Smash Ace
A lot of college kids go home for thanksgiving and the weekend, which is why everyone is gonna be gone...
That is the exact reason I would be able to go.

Erg! My only chance to smash is during christmas break. Someone better host some tourneys!

Eci4

Smash Ace
That is the exact reason I will be able to go.

I have only been to 1 of these biweekly things, and I've been dying to go to another. My only chance to get in one is Thanksgiving weekend. If not then, I won't be able to until the school semester is over Dec 15.

I really want to show off my pika ;)
It would actually be the best time for me too, but we can't very well expect Bluewolf to opt to run this rather than going home and seeing family you know...

thats actually exactly when my semester ends too

Seanson

Smash Ace
Well since theres gonna be a tourney the weekend after thanksgiving weekend, we could just have a mini-smashfest. If so, we would need a locaton. I am not volunteering for forcing any one to, I just want to play some smash. :)

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Dec.2 sounds good, lets do 5 man crews for money, make your own crew or something. If its 5 man we could get like 4 to 5 different crews?????

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
James Sparrow- "make your own crews" would be lol. it would have to be draft again... so yeah captains like aaron said. dibs being picked by aaron.

haha thats fine with me. That would be very moist.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it only be fair if there were 2 teams? 1 with team captain aaron and 1 with team captain chexr? I think that'd be sweet. Draft at the tourney. Anyway, I'd be down with that as long as things move slightly fast.

Edit: Aaron, you're taking up moist now?!?

Eci4

Smash Ace
I just want for there to be teams... I'm hoping Steve can get off work for this, then team Family Dollar (hell yeah we're sponsored*) can kick some ***

*We arent really sponsored he just told his boss he needed an extra shirt, so now we have matching family dollar shirts...

Eci4

Smash Ace
if we did 4 crews would it just be single elim brackets? would it be a round robin? I mean, a round robin would be ideal, but on a good day we can get around 28 people right? so thats 7 a crew, which puts time pretty high...

I almost think we should designate some tourney as solely crew battle, and not have it be draft... although this would pretty much say aarons crew (him+Chexr+2 other peopel) would win... so maybe we could do that at a fest instead....

and by this point I really don't know what I'm saying anymore

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
If we were going to do a crews tournament, we could do the traditional 4-5 people per crew with 20 stock. This might cut down on time since we'll have more people playing at once (although there will be more matches).

Or we could just go with 2 or 4 and have the other TVs for friendlies/MMs.
Speaking of MMs, since this is a tourny, I'll be willing to do up to 2 $1 MMs (only two because I like to keep my money). Sign up quick before all the spots are taken! >.>

Eci4

Smash Ace
Ulti, if I make it I'll do 1 dollar... how bout your gannon vs my...jigglypuff? I dunno, pick a character who isn't peach and I'll tell you if I'm up for it

edit--- How bout ness or mewtwo? haha I'm in a low tier mood right now

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I'll MM you Ulti. You can choose from Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Fox, Pika, Pika, Pika, Falco, Pika, Marth, Pika, Pika, Pika, Falcon, Pika, Pika, Pika, Link, Pika, Pika, Pika, Samus, Pika, Pika, Pika and lastly Pikachu.

So many Pika's

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was fast. My Ganon vs your Jiggs; sounds good. 1$

Edit: Didn't see you post D, sorry.
After carefully examining your roster, I've decided that I stand the best chance vs your Pika (yeah right).

Alright: My Ganon vs DD's Pika
and my Ganon vs Eci4's Puff

2 MMs in 4 minutes. I guess that's good.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Kay, anyone want to MM ($1) my ness? (once again I cannot be certain I will make this quite yet)

first person gets it by the way, I'm not made of 1 dollar bills.... I might do more, but as of now its just ulti and whoever accepts this one

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I already got two, but I think I can handle a third one. Marth ditto it is.
That's gonna be the last one I accept for now.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
how about chexr and I cant use top tier? that might help I think. Either of us cant use our main.
this is just for fun btw unless you want to put $1 dollar into it.

anyone wanna money match my C. Falcon or young link?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Haven't been on a board for a day and already broke a rule lol. But yeah most likely we'll be there on the 2nd.

Oh yeah, whatever happen to crew battle vids?
i've been trying to figure out where to host it. youtube won't work because it's like an hour long. so if someone can find someplace that can host an hour long ~300 mb video let me know. otherwise i'll keep looking.

Top Bottom