• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Uno

Smash Journeyman
well... dos kinda quit smash somehow... right... D, bout your school tourney, If i go to another tourney it would definitely be this one.

crew battles ftw, and who saw the mlg finals btw? m-azing omgwtfbbq kdj=god. oh and pc

i plan on going to next weekends tourney if i can. i'd need a team mate, but would prefer sitting out. I bet if i place in the money i can get dos back into playing... dam you maplestory!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
that's a good question, if singles are 10 and teams are 10 per team then we should probably keep low teir pretty low in price... maybe only like a dollar or two.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Uno, would you be willing to team with someone you don't know really (yeah I'm talking about tyler...)

if you absolutely wouldn't team with him, I'd team with you (not that you know me better, but I'm somewhat better than that kid)

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, I'm really bored tonight so I finally sat down and worked out the rankings.

I used the Midwest Circuit scoring system which is:
1st – 45
2nd – 30
3rd – 20
4th – 15
5th – 10
7th – 8
9th – 6
13th – 4
17th – 2
25th - 1

Anyways, here they are:

1 Aaron - 75
2 Chexr - 65
3 BlueWolf - 45
4 teflon_climbers - 30
5 yoshii - 25
6 James Sparrow - 16
7 DarkRoom - 14
8 GreenBunny - 10
9 SuperDoodleMan - 8
9 Deepak - 8
9 18 Spikes - 8
9 Ulti - 8
9 Stick - 8
14 CivilianTurtle - 6
14 Whitefire - 6
14 Croudo - 6
14 D. Disciple - 6
14 Leon - 6
14 Uno - 6
20 Grant - 4
20 Dita - 4
20 Fish - 4
20 Sarm - 4
20 Master - 4
20 Crafty - 4
20 FluxWolf - 4
27 56k - 2
27 Sean - 2
27 CJ - 2
27 Dos - 2
27 Ark - 2
27 4ire - 2
33 Chop - 1
33 Chi - 1

If you see that I have two separate names for you, let me know and I'll combine the points.

I think the Nick on the list is Crafty (took 13th at the Oct. tourney) but I'm not sure.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
wow dos quit smash? that makes me very sad=( but im glad to see you still want to come =).

GL placing in the money though, your still pretty new. Me, chexr, sdm, bluewolf, greenbunny, yoshii all have alot more experience than you thats why your mind games lack. I would like to let you win so dos would come back but I need the money >.> <.< and letting someone win is kinda lame.

if you do come uno be sure to stay longer then 3 hours so we can get some smash games going.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
At least we didn't lose him to WoW. No offense to the people who play WoW but I lost a lot of friends because of that game, and they wont stop talking about it around me.

Eci4

Smash Ace
The one kid I know who is addicted to WoW absolutely hates the game... he has 2 level 60s (at least 2) he is a beta tester for the new expansion... and last weekend him and I played some smash and he told me he was so glad he hadn't played WoW in a week... Every weekend he would tell us we had to do stuff because he didn't want to have to go online and do a raid...

Even the kids who play WoW hate WoW....

but then again he played for a long time, so he must have liked it a bunch

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
I am currently in need of a teammate for the tourney. I placed 5th with Croudo in teams last time. Unfortuately, he was stolen by Mastr. So I need a new one.

EDIT: Yea, Nick is Crafty.

Eci4

Smash Ace
OooOoo chop take TBag, he plays Fox, Peach, and Marth.... Meh'

Edit--- actually I dunno if that kid plans on playing in teams... I'll find out tommorow, but he probably does want to

Eci4

Smash Ace
yes rly... also +1

actually I could team with you too if you want (I placed 5th at the only teams tournament I've been too, with a noob partner)

my partner isn't a noob anymore, and he wants to team with me again, but if you need a teamate he would team with tyler(who really hasn't shown he can do much in a tournament environment)

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Have there only been 3 biweekly tournaments at st thomas? I only played in one singles, that's probably why my ranking is so measly. Man i'm nub. But nub with chub. I hope to do a li'l pwnzorin at this tourney. So watch out kids.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
i suggest that we do the bowser challenge and tape people's attempts.
YES! I would love to do a Bowser Challenge. That would absolutely rock. :grin: Just curious, who would play the Bowsers? I'm willing to be a Bowser. I've been working on him.

Don't forget, it's only a true Bowser Challenge if Friendly Fire is off. :chuckle: And of course, it must take place on Fountain of Dreams.

Also I really hope we do Low Tier. I don't know which one I'd like more, Bowser Challenge or Low Tier. I'm leaning towards the Bowser Challenge, just because it's so **** fun, especially if I'm a Bowser.

Edit: I don't plan on entering teams but if anyone's left without a partner and wants to enter teams I will gladly be their partner. :) Just let me know.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
you're absolutely right 56k, there would be 3 bowsers, friendly fire off, against the player on FoD. For the bowsers we want to have the 4 players who are the best at bowser (top 3 + 1 to play when each of those top three are doing the challenge) so we can decide that somehow once we're there.

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
I'd be up for a crew battle tourney, whether it be for fun or money. Bowser challenge seems hard. I saw a video of Ken doing it and he didnt even get one stock off lol. But Im up for it regardless.

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Bet I can take at least a million stock off the Bowsers. Maybe Leon will be at this one, his Bowser looked pretty kick ace. And my ranking is much too high, take me down a notch. I can't compete with the young guns, hahaha. Unless I pull my head out of my ass and show up without a hangover. Finals are coming up, but I'm hoping to make it to this so I'll get my butt in gear and create room to come to the tourney. Draft crews for money would be just fine I would say, as long as the crews seem reasonably equal. It would make an incentive to try your hardest for the crews and personal crews would be way too lopsided. (Think about Aaron, Chexr, SDM, and Teflon on a crew for example: I mean, I'd probably just run right through them with 3 stock but no one else would stand a chance) The two large draft crews seemed pretty suspenseful on the other hand, it did come down the the last two people.

***And UNO, do you have VoD? I want to watch those matches so bad, and I could easily spend 20 bucks, but I heard it's all Halo and I'm not so sure the streaming thing would work well enough. I'm assuming they don't let you download the videos. And get Dos back, it's not like the smash community has enough foxes. >___>

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
The one kid I know who is addicted to WoW absolutely hates the game... he has 2 level 60s (at least 2) he is a beta tester for the new expansion... and last weekend him and I played some smash and he told me he was so glad he hadn't played WoW in a week... Every weekend he would tell us we had to do stuff because he didn't want to have to go online and do a raid...

Even the kids who play WoW hate WoW....

but then again he played for a long time, so he must have liked it a bunch
The problem with WoW and any other MMORPG is centered in the endgame for most players.

The appeal of a MMORPG is largely in the leveling system, since it's the easiest way to see direct and instant results(a beefier character). When you get to endgame though, you have to join a guild who has probably already established themselves, and you have to work your way up the chain and become one of the big-wigs in the guild in order to accquire any 'phat lewt'. This happened to me in Final Fantasy XI, and in the end I realized it's just a big rat race like anything else that doesn't have an obvious intrinsic value to society. :(.

But of course people will never learn through other's experience, they will learn through their own mistakes. If everyone learned from each other's mistakes, nobody would play WoW or any other MMORPG for that matter! Except a couple loosers who really don't have anything better to do with their life.

Panicky Stick

Smash Rookie
In the ranking Alex = Stick.

I think I'd rather do crews over low tier or bowser challenge, but the teams would have to be decently even. I might not be able to make it though, so whatever~

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I fixed the rankings and added them to the first page.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about team rankings, I don't know who all was on which teams. :ohwell:

James Sparrow

Smash Master
The problem with WoW and any other MMORPG is centered in the endgame for most players.

The appeal of a MMORPG is largely in the leveling system, since it's the easiest way to see direct and instant results(a beefier character). When you get to endgame though, you have to join a guild who has probably already established themselves, and you have to work your way up the chain and become one of the big-wigs in the guild in order to accquire any 'phat lewt'. This happened to me in Final Fantasy XI, and in the end I realized it's just a big rat race like anything else that doesn't have an obvious intrinsic value to society. :(.

But of course people will never learn through other's experience, they will learn through their own mistakes. If everyone learned from each other's mistakes, nobody would play WoW or any other MMORPG for that matter! Except a couple loosers who really don't have anything better to do with their life.
that's what i hate about RPGs... when the level ups and upgrades run out... it just seems so empty. that's why smash is better because you can always keep improving, although the improvements aren't as black and white as "LEVEL UP YOU GAIN +9 MINDGAMES!!" but you can definitely tell when you're improving over time.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
that's what i hate about RPGs... when the level ups and upgrades run out... it just seems so empty. that's why smash is better because you can always keep improving, although the improvements aren't as black and white as "LEVEL UP YOU GAIN +9 MINDGAMES!!" but you can definitely tell when you're improving over time.
I don't know. I remember shortly after D's last tournament I realised I wasn't L-canceling, so I gained like +6 SPEED!! right there.

Oh, and doubles are usually before singles.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So...do these rankings do anything in the tournaments? Is there going to be a like a crappy people tourney and a high point tourney? Someone should tell me what the deal with these points are, or if they do anything besides keep track of ****.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure right now its just for a sort of placement idea... people want to know where they stand, and some of them can get that information from this...

Uno

Smash Journeyman
sweet. MN rankings, cool.

abought vod- its basically 40% boring halo, 10% halo pregame lobby (i'm serious, they just leave it on sometimes), 10% advertising (all MLG...wtf?) 5% smash lobby, 5% scanning the mlg floor not really looking at anything but halo fans, 10%cool halo (FB vs. ...anyone), and 20% smash gameplay ( commentary is amazingly funny, or actually really good ie. omnigamer and hugs). they have an archive which is hard to navigate, but has literally days worth of smash in Bach quality.
so, if you have the 20 bucks, i'd say donate it to getting D's cafeteria for 2 days.

about mmos-
ffX1- "LFM WHITEMAGE!" 3hours later "LFG lvl ___ WHM"... joins "oh sorry guys g2g lol omg sorry bye." END. I got to 45 rdm
WoW- "dam, this is fun. all i have to do is log on and kill some bears by myself to lvl!" Uno hits 59 congratulations! you have choices!
Buy gold online to get armor so people wont kick you from party!
farm gold for hours to get armor so people wont kick you from party!
Beg!
Grind your way to 60!... " i'll grind!" ....1week later.... "I'm bored of grinding, and i have decent gear, i'll join a pt!"
meh, story goes on longer, dont care, i ended up quiting (looking back, i must have sucked). I got to a 59 druid ****!

runescape- WORST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to a 50 somthing warrior somthing.

maple story- I'm playing this nowadays, so not much to say. so far its alot more fun than the other games because it takes so much less time. i'm at a 38 wiz

Oh, forgot to add guild wars- OFFICIALLY THE WORST GAME EVER!

so yeah, dont play mmos is the moral of the story. lol "mingames + 9" i only wish.

Top Bottom