• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Panicky Stick

Smash Rookie
I'll be coming to the smashfest as well. Right now I'm not sure if anyone will be going with me but I'll be there for sure.

Sorry to put on pressure, but the start time still hasn't been announced and due to time changes from the last tourney I'm not sure what to expect. Since my cell phone broke I have to get there when others are being let in so it would be nice to know what time to expect people with cell phones to be arriving.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Bluewolf, (or rather Nomek if it's done by you) what program do you use for brackets... I'm looking to start bringing more people to these (well however many we can fit in Tylers car) but I want to get tehm some experience with the tournament system, so I plan on having myself a noob tourney on friday andIm looking for a bracket program

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Well, so far me and dos are coming.. but it could really go either way.

I'll plan on some sweet sweet pwn cakes and fox dittos.

edit: disciple, post somthing about the MOA thing. We could get ALOT of support for that... your school sounds fun too =)

Eci4

Smash Ace
So I might be able to make it after all... turns out the lady who is supposed to train me in can't be there saturday for whatever reason... it depends on what happens friday tho

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
uno/dos you guys must come to hep me train for HJ4 =) also so I can help you guys get your fox and falco up ^^

bluepeach-glad to hear you have a chance on showing up to this and I really hope you can make it.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Aaron, whatever the case, I'm having a small smashfest (for the silver lake locals) at my place tommorw, so I'ma get a bunch of practice in regardless, I'm just hoping to make it up there to practice against better people..

I picked up fox and falco solely to practice L cancelling, and I get pillaring over 50% of the time, and I can shffl with fox even better...

I feel I have improved more since the last fest than I have in a long time

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Eci4 that's great that you might be coming. My friend still wants that grudge match against your peach, he picked up Fox just to counter it.

Also about the tourney, it's gonna be at the school. MOA is...yeah too much money. Unless I can come up with 2 million by January it isn't gonna happen.

My school's cafeteria can hold around 500 people in it, but if we add all the t.v's and sets and arranging it. It goes down to around 250-300 people still being able to get in it. Pretty big, I still wish we could get the athletic department, but ah well. I scanned the cafeteria a couple of times, and I saw 7 outlets spaced out through the entire cafeteria, not counting where the stoves, cash registers, fridges, ovens and other appliances. So yeah, multiple outlets and cords would be awesome. I have to talk to the teacher that holds the Video Game Club and see if they'll sponsor us. They probably will, since everyone there knows me and thinks I should be president of the club, and I help them out with it all the time too and if not I'll try to see if the Hip Hop Club will help us out too, seeing that I'm the president of that club.

Yes I can dance... >.>

Edit - I'll make the topic tomorrow after school, or after the smashfest.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
*looks at price for MOA*
Good choice. 250-300 is still plenty. I think FC6 and OC2 "only" had around 260.

Also, I'll be bringing a friend with me tomorrow. He's not really familiar with any of the advanced techs, but I think he's more interested in just having fun/seeing what the tournament scene is like.

*Edit* Just talked to my friend again, he says he's got a lot of homework this weekend and won't be able to make it.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Also, I'll be bringing a friend with me tomorrow. He's not really familiar with any of the advanced techs, but I think he's more interested in just having fun/seeing what the tournament scene is like.
good, people who start out playing with a god complex piss me off. there's nothing worse than someone who doesn't know what they're doing playing to win. starting off having fun is the only good way to go. i applaud him. :cool:

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
As will I be bringing my brother, he's not bad at the game but isnt familiar with any of the advanced techs. But he is also just going to have a good time and get some practice in. :)

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I won't be able to make it to the fest on saturday, nor will Chop, Chi, or Crafty. When is the next tournament though? I WILL make it to that. Aaron, if you ever host any "teaching" sessions or just fests, let me know. I'd really like to get some solid playing time in with you. I actually prefer fests, with the whole playing everyone a lot, and no money tourney...Anyway, when is the next tournament?

Eci4

Smash Ace
kay, tyler doesnt want to drive to st. paul tommorow... but next saturday that steve has off work we are going up there... if it is a fest, steve and I demand either a team tourney, or lots of team friendlies... seriously we 7 stocked the best team we know of within the 3 towns we play, and our only death was me purposely killing steve... seriously he tried to kill me, but I managed to finish them before he got it...

that being said, tonight I found out my little brother is better than any of the other people I play with... maybe I'll bring him up sometime, but hes only like 14... I dunno... maybe maybe not

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Zeus and I will be arriving around 12:00. I dont know if I can bring a set or whatever, but I'll see what I can do.

Also I'm gonna talk about the tournament, and try to figure out some major details. Housing for example, and.....yeah I'll discuss it over with you guys when I see you up there.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
teaching sessions eh masterofmydomain? Well the best way to learn for you I would say is to just come to the smashfest and play me =) Ill try to teach you as much as I can although I dont think that im that great of a teacher.

As I said before the best way to get better is to play someone better then you wich is the main reason I go to these smashfests that and there crazy fun =)

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Me and dos are coming.. might bring a cube, but i dont want to bring a t.v. all that way. bluewolf post if we need t.v.s

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Great fest everyone... to bad we couldnt stay a bit longer.

bluewolf- as usual, very nicely run. never got to play you... but i got my fill of the ICs

D- pika is too good... but go fox though... seriously....

Ulti- to bad we didnt get to finish that match. we'll replay it later. btw i'm never going to get used to calling you ultIIIII

Sparrow- funny stuff.. i actually played better when you were talking to me than when you were quiet =) we STILL didnt get a full match in... next time

zeus- you play ALOT like dos, very fun

56k- as much as i hate playing ice climbers (if you lose you lost. but even if you win, you know that you had to play cheap). its your best char.

Flux- how did you get picked last anyways? didnt you go positive two or somthing in the battle?

Greenbunny- dam wall jump! good stuff.. next time we'll both be playing better hopefully.

Aaron- never got to show you any of my laser trix, but thats okay. Funny how all of the people you chose for the battle seemed to match up really well. Shoulda gotten more matches in. between you, blue, sparrow, and pika i learn alot each time.

Really fun, we didnt talk much about the minnesota midwest circuit tourney thing, but we should start a collection as soon as we can.

cant wait to see how you guys will do at HJ4 (NO chance of me or Dos going, must be nice to be in college)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Great fest all! Draft crews were awesome.

BlueWolf - I don't think I actually played you this time, great job running the fest.

Uno - We will have to finish the match sometimes. Even when you were tired you were giving me a run for my money.

D - Don't listen to Uno and switch to Fox, your Pika gives me enough to worry about already. You also counter me, cause I think you're one of the few people I play on a semi-regular basis and haven't beaten at least once in a friendly. Maybe next time (but probably not, heh).

Green Bunny - Thanks for the friendlies at the end, your ganon's still far better than mine.

JS/SDM - Thanks for the friendlies too. SDM, your Peach/Mario/Falco are great, sorry to bore you. JS, we'll have to get more friendlies in next time.

Everyone I played in the tournament - Great matches!

Hope to see you all at the next one.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Aaron - regardless of how good of a teacher you are, just playing you and getting *****, i'll get better. By "teaching" I just meant you could obviously point out some things i'm being very stupid at. Anywho, I look forward to attending the next smash fest/tourney. I enjoy the minnesota crowd. o.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Great Smashfest as usual. My crew match was horrible. :mad: But no Johns on that one, I just need to get better. And it was fun anyway. I like crew matches now, that's a really cool concept.

I forgot some names, and I don't want to leave people out, so I'll just do general shoutouts.

-The Black Hole was freakin' sweet, even if the game did freeze. Dodgeball was fun too. If people want me to, I'll bring my AR to the next smashfest and have some random fun (like the Super Ness Black Hole Glitch, or BTT friendlies.) I'm too addicted to Action Replay, and glitches in general.

-Friendlies were fun. Duh. I learn something new every time I play a friendly. It's good to play people better than me. We need to do a low tier tourney. It seems like everybody pwns with low-tier.

56k- as much as i hate playing ice climbers (if you lose you lost. but even if you win, you know that you had to play cheap). its your best char.
Hey thanks. I'm pretty new with the IC's. Their grab game is crazy. I'm still trying to use them with talent, not just trying to infinite when I get in a bad spot. The infinite is just lame :( I'm really noobish with them, I just grab and do some random crap, usually involving down B. Maybe one day I'll be as good as a certain colored wolf. ;)

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Good Smashfest eveyone. Our crew won lol.

SDM - God your Peach is death in my eyes. Only you can pull out a death turnip four times in different matches. Oh and Sorry for that Nair in dodgeball lol.

56k - Yeah we gotta play some more, I can show you some stuff about IC's. Not as much as Bluewolf but mine are getting up there. GaW I hate, so help me god if you keep doing his dtilt over and over again lol.

Greenbunny - Nice seeing you again, we trash talk to much to each other.

Ulti - I'm telling you man, try to get down here so we can play some more. I dont want to see another 4 stock defeat from you again man. But I like your ganondorf, you should've stayed as him on BF, than switching to Marth. Marth + BF + Me hating that stage and with pika = I will do everything in my power to get that battle over with.

Dos - Thanks for the warm up, you should've went Falco so I could get prepared for that match lol. But it's good playing against you.

Uno - Lawlz at trying to kill me in teams when we were teammates. We should've did a Fox double in teams.
Uno said:
"It's strange being partners with you, I'm used trying to kill you.
I'm gonna have that in my sig.

Aaron - That Y. Link of yours is death man, death. I should've stayed as pika but ah well it was fun.

Zero - I like your playing style with Fox.

Bluewolf - Once again, I didn't get in any friendlies with you. But I liked your peach and especially that parasol kill against GB in the fake singles.

J S - Yeah, you still make me fear Falco users but I plan on getting better my Falco and play with a passive-aggressive style with him. It'll be a force to be reckon with, the next smashfest or tourney.

Everyone else - Enjoyed watching the matches, they were great and the commentators during the draft crew was funny too.

Also, I'm gonna put Pika in hiatus mode for awhile. So I can get better with my other characters, strange thing yes. But I think it's best for that. I still have a lot of things to learn with pika, but I can do that on my own time. But for now, I'm gonna try not to play with him, until I feel like I've reached a certain level with the other characters I use. So Pika will be out of animation for awhile.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I just had an idea for the next smashfest: Random character tourney! With all stages on! It would be fun and extremely random (no pun intended).

I'm such a noob lol

James Sparrow

Smash Master
random character tourny would be fun. i like the idea 56k.

fluxwolf - no teams tourny, oh well. we had some good teams matches during those friendlies at least. you're improving a lot, and i'm happy to keep working with you when i can to help you keep getting better.

uno - you have really good tech skill, learning to apply it will make you unstoppable. you ***** me in crews, good ****.

d. disciple - i'm excited to see what you're falco brings to the table. it's too bad that your pika's tail was broken in our crew match :laugh:

ulti - yeah more friendlies for sure, i am sorry for being an *** about the jab jab dsmash... but i was suprised at myself. you had some great material as well though, the stomp combos you were pulling off were pretty moist.

dos - you have a good cfal

aaron - thanks for the 40 ish friendlies (haha master, i got to do what you wanted to) i can always go for more.

Croudo - you're a moist one.

Bluewolf - good counterpick with japes. stage cost me two lives :-/

greenbunny - you owe me 5 dollars

i'll get videos up probably at least half tomorrow. i'm not putting crews on youtube because it's like an hour long. the 300 ish MB file will end up on rapishare or something like that.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Great Smashfest everyone that was really fun. I liked the crew matches a lot that was something new to experience for me.

Uno - lol yeah that was kind of weird getting picked last I didn't expect that. Oh well I put a hurtin' on Bluewolf's team taking out one and a half of their guys :chuckle:

JS - Yeah man that would have been nice to see how we would have done in a teams tourney together, oh well maybe next time if you're up for it. I guarantee I will improve a lot more by the time the next one comes around. And I'm hoping that if it's not a problem for you, you could get some of our matches up, teams and 1v1. Thanks.

Everyone else - Great times, good games, and looking forward to next time :)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I thought I'd get picked last for crews, since I'm the newest. I was gonna use Game & Watch but I wasn't confident that he'd take any stock off. Looking back GW would've done better.

Confidence: Gotta have it!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'm working on all the vids, youtube's being exceptionally lame lately so sorry for the delays on these... it's hard to get them up when it takes it an hour or so to upload a ~10MB file... even though i'm on T1.

Seanson

Smash Ace
As bluewolf said, he is going to HJ4 and can't host a toruney on the 18th. Has there been anything set up for the next meeting time?

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
not yet seanson but my guess would be 2 weeks after HJ4 but thats just a guess.

o and I forgot to do shout outs from the fest so here I go...

Uno- Your fox is definetly improving soon you might be a challange to me =P GJ in crews I picked you at the right time. You left pretty early though wich was kinda lame because then I wasnt able to do the friendlies you and dos wanted =(

Ulti- Im glad I sent you out first in crews it was fun to watch your ganon because it reminds me of when ganon was my main and I was in your place.
again sorry I couldnt get any friendlies with you but you left too early.

D.D.- haha pika a very unique and hard character to play very good as wich is why your pika kinda stayed the same since the last time I played you but your fox improved I think and it has some mind games keep it up.

Bluewolf- great fest as always =P I cant beleive you let us stay there until 11:30 o.O thank you for that. Your peach is something I havnt seen before, I thought you always used ice climbers.

Sparrow- wow we did so many friendlies it was rediculous but it was very fun =) I hoped that helped you some what. I think you just need to work on mind games because I can predict you fairly easy as you saw in our 20 some falco dittos. We can play some pokemon puzzle league come HJ4 then I can school you in that also =P jk I havnt played that in years.

Doodleman- You arrived late so you couldnt participate in the fake tourney but oh well I did get a whole lot of friendlies with you so im happy.

Overall was best fest yet and I liked the crews but I didnt like having to choose the people who were on my team. I would hate to be one of the last people to get picked so it made me sad =(

anyways my young link conquered all in singles and thats all that needs to be said =P

the end.

Splorky Fish

Smash Rookie
Don't get too cocky, Aaron. I think I pulled off something like 3 taunts before you KOed my Peach :dizzy: How d'ya like them mindgames?

Seriously, though. Getting lolled on by that deadly YLink was inspiring to me.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Sparrow- wow we did so many friendlies it was rediculous but it was very fun =) I hoped that helped you some what. I think you just need to work on mind games because I can predict you fairly easy as you saw in our 20 some falco dittos. We can play some pokemon puzzle league come HJ4 then I can school you in that also =P jk I havnt played that in years.

anyways my young link conquered all in singles and thats all that needs to be said =P

the end.
you helped me a lot, thanks so much for playing me so many times. what sucks is you can't practice mindgames playing against computers :mad:

can't wait for PPL

did anyone else even take a game off your young link?

Top Bottom