• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Are darkroom and yoshii going? And teflon, $10 for 30 minutes is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heeard. I'd give you $10 for a whole day of 1 on 1 teaching.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah I'll do a 1/2 with ya Teflon if you come up there. I want to improve on all of my secondary characters. I get bored too fast trying to teach myself something new, but I get over it sometimes. I can now reverse the shl with Falco better than before, I'm almost to the point that I can do it continuously without messing up. and shffling nairs to an usmash with Fox I'm getting better at too.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Are darkroom and yoshii going? And teflon, $10 for 30 minutes is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heeard. I'd give you $10 for a whole day of 1 on 1 teaching.
actually teflon explained it quite nicely before, and 10 dollars for a half hour lesson is decent... if you think about any musical instrument, lessons aren't going to come that cheap... the real question though is how much you value your smash ability though, because smash generally isn't a sellable skill, but then again, how many kids who learn an instrument actually go on to sell that ability...

That said, I do not have the money to purchace half an hour of teflon's time

edit--completly forgot why I came back to this thread tonight till now, is this starting at noon, or is it sticking to the 10 o'clock start?

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
On second thought...I'd only do it if it was 1 on 1. $10 for an HOUR, and no distractions, pure training. Plus it should be half because I paid for your teams...*cough*

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
Well if Teflon is basically gonna tell me "L-cancel more, DI outta that, SHUFFL like mad" I really dont think it's worth it, since I know to do those things.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
Lol MOMD you know what I can do for people. I pay $45 for an hour of my teacher's time, and I have bassoon students who pay $20 for an hour of my time. I expect nothing less from Smash Brothers.

You might wonder why, but I know why. I have analytical skills most of you do not. The only way I've ever been able to beat you *****es is by analyzing what you do and coming up with a way to beat it. I'm not faster like Aaron or play a unique character like Bluewolf, but I can read wtf you're thinking.

Where do these analytical skills come from? Years of study in music. When you're all by yourself in a practice room you don't have anyone saying,"Do this," or,"Do that." You have to give yourself honest and instant feedback that will make you a better performer. That's what I do, I perform.

So you saying I'm not worth a day of your time for $10 MOMD is insulting to me, ESPECIALLY after I GAVE you the option to team with me. AND you came up to me and asked me if I knew who people played at the tourney. Don't phuk1n start with me I'll rip anyone up so bad it doesn't even ****ing matter. Don't diss me as a tutor to those who can't see what they're doing wrong. I already told you what you need to do but you don't have the dedication to make the changes. In all honesty I'd like to teach Bluewolf because I think I have a lot I could offer his ICs and Marth. Plus he'd practice :p. Go figure that one out :3.

And I'm not going to SMYM because of car issues that I thought would be taken care of in a month but aren't.

Hope you guys have fun, sorry I have more important things to do :3. Sorry I don't want to come waste a day playing people that aren't fun to play with or hogging the people that don't mind playing you all.

And again dont' phuck with my teaching ability. understood if you don't have money that's just a consequence of life but don't insult me, it only makes me mad and happens to lose yourself connections.

Disciple: Yeah, I want to show you some hot trix with Pikachu too. I'll be playing against Yoshii and Deepak and Andy seeing if I can come up with some hotness =). I'll also try to figure out exactly how I hit so well with the lightning bolt downb. I think I kill a lot more with that than I should, but I'll definitly look at it for you and figure it out. I just know that I value my ability to teach you a lot more than you do, and I think... sorry, know.... I'm closer to being right.

EDIT: Btw chop if you don't know how to Lcancel Shffl and that technical **** then you haven't done enough work to make my lesson worth teaching to u. I will leave unsatisfied, and so will you. People go through auditions to make it into good music schools because the good teachers don't want to waste time teaching people how to play their scales. So why don't you get off your duff 15 minutes a day, practice by yourself, and then a couple games with MOMD or Chi? Easy enough? Or no? **** I don't even know, it's your call.

EDIT#2: I pretty much had it figured you'd be paying my teams from the start MOMD. I figured it to be a reduced price for how much **** I told you over aim and how much time I spend watching your vids. Honestly, you got a lot of play out of me for $5 :p.

EDIT#3: You people also have to understand that the best way for you to learn isn't neccisarily playing against me for a 1/2 hour. I might want you to play someone else that's around, just so I can see what's up there. Everyone has a different set of mindgames and mine are definitly not the best :p.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
lol ok bluewolf thanks.

lessons omg I think the only way for people to get better is to play people better then they are. Thats why I have a tough time getting better because the only person who is equal to me is probably chexr and we think the exact same in battle. I would need to go to another big tourney for me to get better. (I guess Teflons lessons are ok but not for me =P)

and lastly the only reasons I go to smashfests is for everyone else to get better =)

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Btw chop if you don't know how to Lcancel Shffl and that technical **** then you haven't done enough work to make my lesson worth teaching to u. I will leave unsatisfied, and so will you. People go through auditions to make it into good music schools because the good teachers don't want to waste time teaching people how to play their scales. So why don't you get off your duff 15 minutes a day, practice by yourself, and then a couple games with MOMD or Chi? Easy enough? Or no? **** I don't even know, it's your call.
I do know how to lcancel and shffl and that stuff. And I do practice. I played 4 hours of smash yesterday with Chi/MOMD. Continuously.

I dont know if you understood my post before. I didnt say that I didnt know how. Im saying, in my opinion, if you are just going to tell us to work on technical stuff, that we already know that we have to get better on, it's not worth it.

You could elaborate on what goes on in those lessons.

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
All right, I will probably never come to just a smashfest, because I just don't have time. I'm surprised I've made it to two tournies this year, and that's probably only because they're right down the street from me. Only tournies shall I come to, and even those aren't guaranteed for me. I'm just straight up never going to get much better because I have many things to do and SSBM isn't a huge priority, although I wish it could be.

Edit: But my DI is already straight up baller and doesn't need to be improved upon. :p

Seanson

Smash Ace
I might have missed it, but has an plan been developed of what will happen for the next tourney? Bluewolf said it is the same weekend that he's goign to something else, so will there be a rescheduling of some sort? That day was going to be my huge return debut :(

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Ok I have a ride, not 100% percent sure if he can come though. But Jeremy that came to the last smashfest, the one I said that wanted to learn how to use IC's is attempting to giving me a ride up there.

Also update on finding venues - Target Center hasn't called me back yet, I'm gonna call them tomorrow and I went to the service center, where my school told me to go, and then they told me to go to the District Center and talk to the person in charge with the facilities. That being said, I find it being harder to get permission, on account I'm 17 and they probably want to make sure someone that is an adult to be there too. I might ask my neighbor to help me out, he's usually there for me.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, just checking in advance for people planning on going to HJ4 to see if I could possibly get a ride with someone... I already checked with James Sparrow and Deepak but ther're cars are full. So if someone could maybe put that into consideration I would appretiate it.

I live about 55 minutes south of St.Paul in a town called New Prague, if it is near enough to any of you to be able to swing by and get me that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Teflon, I'd definitely take the lessons from you. If i have enough money at the time i will sacrifice ten good money matches to get in a good lesson

Me and dos can only get so good playing lvl 1 comps and each other all the time.

Edit: thanks for the vids sparrow, they are really good

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i wanna go to the next smashfest soo bad...**** i wish i had a car... *cough*iliveclosetoelkriver*cough* wish i had a ride or something... but seriously if anyone is coming even remotely from me area plz help me out :)

i really wanna test my falco/marth skillz

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I might have missed it, but has an plan been developed of what will happen for the next tourney? Bluewolf said it is the same weekend that he's goign to something else, so will there be a rescheduling of some sort? That day was going to be my huge return debut :(
I plan on rescheduling, but I'm not sure when would be the next convenient weekend. I'll probably check my schedule this weekend and figure it out, but for right now I'm not going to name a date.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Hey is anyone gonna be able to capture vids, I wanna try to make an instructional vid for pika. N64 gave me permission to try to do it, if I could get someone to help me capture it that is.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Thats what I thought, but then saw that BlueWolf said something about re-scheduling it but does not have a set date yet... So I'm a little confused...:dizzy:

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
sure mastrofmydomain we will play alot at the smashfest I will have plenty of tips to give. My main is falco/fox but im not sure wich. But I can play as any character fairly well =)

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that wants to, i'll give a little presentation on shdl.

it doesnt really help (i actually killed myself twice againt bluewolf in my last match doing it) but its pretty addictive once you get the hang of it.

masterofmydomain- i never played you at the tourney, and i think you eliminated Dos, so I'll have to play you =)

Eci4

Smash Ace
Me peach is just getting worse, not better, but it's okay... I'm bringing out my marth... and maybe my dr. mario, but I realize I'm not so good with him either...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
SHDL (short hop double laser) is a fox technique, and idk how you killed yourself with it, so i'm guessing you're talking about LHDL (ledge hop double laser) which can be either space critter, but usually attributed to falco because of the stun and because of how much bombsoldier ***** with it.

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
SHDL (short hop double laser) is a fox technique, and idk how you killed yourself with it, so i'm guessing you're talking about LHDL (ledge hop double laser) which can be either space critter, but usually attributed to falco because of the stun and because of how much bombsoldier ***** with it.
It's not that hard to SD with Fox using any move.
lol

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Me peach is just getting worse, not better, but it's okay... I'm bringing out my marth... and maybe my dr. mario, but I realize I'm not so good with him either...
We still have a blue Peach color match to finish, try and make it to the next tourney, since I skip smashfests, that'll be the only time we can do it. I'm also willing to make it a $1 MM if you are.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
master- nope, i main fox, but I'll ditto falco if we get a chance

sparrow- nope, i mean shdl, i killed myself twice against blue wolf doing roughly the same thing. Since the easiest way to do the shdl for me is to flick the control stick up and to whatever direction i want to aim, there is a chance that i press b to early and do a firefox. that happened on battle field, as i was on one of the side platforms (the right one). I started in the air both times, so i figured i would just firefox through the platform, as i chose that, fox drifted down and ended up actually being ON the platform. because of that, both times i went right off the stage instead of directly down.

I dont know if you followed that, but thats how the shdl killed me. Really stupid yeah.

Eci4

Smash Ace
We still have a blue Peach color match to finish, try and make it to the next tourney, since I skip smashfests, that'll be the only time we can do it. I'm also willing to make it a $1 MM if you are.

the next tourney I make it to will mean i have had a job long enough to get a paycheck... since the next one isnt happening when scheduled, I should be able to make it (unless it happens earlier) and in that case I am totally up to making it a $1 mm... I dunno how good Ill be anymore.. my peach kind of went downhill, but I'll get her up there again for you

Top Bottom