• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Hey Bluewolf, I'm up for teaming again, I think we worked pretty well together last time.
Sounds great. I'll let you pick a better team name this time though. >_>

Singles should be started by at least noon, unless something really goes awry.

Also, JS will be doing the video recording, since SDM is at Smashtality.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Hey bluewolf, or anyone, could I get an estimate on how many set ups there will be? And Yoshii, have you confirmed my moneymatch with you? James Sparrow....$1 mm?!?!?!?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'll MM pretty much any MN guys that I didn't play at my CC4 Smashfest. Just come up to me, I'll be the guy with the Kleenex hat :laugh:

I'm leaving in like 10 minutes. No xtra, but I've still got the Zenith (the huge-*** $25 TV that we used for finals at cc4). See you tomorrow!

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Alright , me and dos are missing doubles sadly, we'll be there around 11:45.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Darkroom - it was a ride request, but it's all good. oN a side note I'm gonna kill my comp because it's being so **** stupid now that I can't even send a PM to people anymore

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Woo first post on the day of the tourney... that means i'm gunna win right?

Uno

Smash Journeyman
that sux Disciple, we need that fox ditto

btw BLuewolf, could you PM me your cell or somthing so i can get into the dorm?

4IRE (For Aiur)

Smash Cadet
Everyone, thanx for the good matches. I guess I'll be the first to ask, where are the vids gunna be? Also, any tips anyone who played me??? Me and Ben will totally be back next chance we get... with a vengence. Fo sho'.

yoshii

Smash Ace
What a great tournament! A little cramped though but whatever.

Bluewolf: that was the loongest match ive ever been in. Good work beating Teflon and talking me out in losers, I was drained.:confused:

Sparrow: No friendlies this time but good matches. I was worried on onett when you lived to like 160%. See you in the car goin to HJ4!!!!!!!!!

Spikes: I thought you had Sparrow at the end there. It seemed like any missed opportunity would finish one of you guys off. Good matches. You team with Sparrow very well.

Teflon: :(

Chexr: :( oh well, No suprises right? I did rest you a few times in our matches which made me happy. And that phantom rest was sooooooooo hot! Ill remember that fovever! Well I hope you beat Bluewolf...at this point I still don't know the result:(

Aaron: Good stuff as always. Im kinda glad I didnt have to play you, but at the same time im sad.

Leon: I cant believe you came. It was good to see you again. Next time I go home, you me and Grant will play for a few hours fo sure.

Masterofmydomain: Your soc is good, its hard to hit it for some reason.

Chop: gg!

Hope to see some MN smashers at HJ4!!! Ill sure be there, and the rest of River Falls.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
biggest minnesota turn out yet! now its time for shout outs!

Teflon- I want to go to HJ4, ride? also we need to smash sometime you know my number =)

Yoshii- gj on kicking bluewolf out of the winners with jiggly. To be honest I really didnt think that you would win but you sure proved me wrong.

Bluewolf- ice climbers suck. jk your ice climbers were crazy good today and you proved it by beating chexr although I dont think he was at his top game ^.^
Uno/Dos- You guys got crazy technical skills just need more experience. Id be happy to play with you guys in the future if you set something up.

darkroom- =P fun friendlies.

disciple- pika pika glad you were able to show up. Nice money match

Leon- omg! when did you get your eyebrow pierced! looks good. Next time bring grant and dont sleep in =P

well that was a great tourney bluewolf I hope you keep having them for a while and I hope you keep the prce at 10$ =)

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Teflon - Great commentary as always, we got a little insane in there, but it was good seeing you again.

Yoshii - good friendlies your Jiggs is still crazy

All of River Falls - Nice seeing you guys again, I gotta get a car soon and play with you guys.

Aaron - good times, my pika can only get better and maybe as crazy fast as yours one day and I gotta play you guys a lot more.

Sparrow - Craziness, I can't believe that come back you had on me on Dreamland

eighteenspikes - That was a good match, it was really close.

Bluewolf - We didn't get a chance to play each other

Darkroom - Darknesses! Good ****, I had the advantage in the low tier tourney against you. Thanks for the ride back home and sucks about that bs that happen too.

4ire - You gotta follow up more on your falco, same with your marth as well but you've been busy, so it was sweet seeing you again.

Ulti - We make a good team, we gotta play against each other some more, your gdorf is getting better, but you gotta use the dair more.

Chexr - Yeah good times

Uno - Sweet Fox, I should've usmashed you but I stood there like a noob for some reason. Ah well it was a good mm even if I lost. Bring Mute next time, i want see if she got better

Dos - Nice Falco, gotta avoid getting grabbed though that's what killed you in the long run

Everyone else - Good matches, loved them all and those snickerdoodles.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney bluewolf =)

Very fun playing with all the new people I hadnt seen before.

Aaron, bluewolf, and anyone else who beat me really badly, thanks for the advice and good matches.

D- wish we coulda played more, but fun money match I knew you would have a good fox.

Ulti- those were some fun matches. sorry about waveshining you across the stage >.>

I never ended up playing Chexr, eighteen spikes, or james (that was pretty sad beating those 2v1s)(note me and dos lost to teflon 2v1 a LONG time ago)

Last thing, that Perfect control 2 was CRAZY... I dont even know what he was doing with foxes shines that time.

And again, great tourny Bluewolf.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
BlueWolf - Well run tournament as usual. Sorry I didn't get to play you more. The teams matches were good.

D - We should team more (I'll try not to f-air you while I'm at it). I should use the stomp more.

Teflon - Great MM, second match was too close. I'll get my dollar back soon enough.

Uno/Dos - You both got a lot better. That wave-shining was awesome.

Darkroom - Heh, triple-stomp! But you still beat me, good friendlies.

River Falls - I don't think I played any of you. Hope to see you all next time.

To everyone else, great tournament. Good to see so many coming.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
As always that was a sweet tourny. It got pretty crowed there for a bit but hey, whatcha gonna do? Anyways I didn't play much because I was working the pools but as for a couple friendlys I played:

Stick: Awesome games man, still won't figure out how I beat your Falco but lost to your Ganon, we'll have to settle that sometime and find out. Probably cause I'm always fighting Falco with JS, but whatev.

D. Disciple: Pikachu + your hands = amazing.

Civilian Turtle: yeah usually I don't play that much but James Sparrow has helped me out a lot to increase my game, good matches though, we'll have to have a few more Sheik dittos at HJ4.

Chop: Man I was struggling against your Link and the whole time I was thinking, no way is this his best character, sure enough next match you whip out Falco and annihilate me lol. Good matches though.

John: Welcome to Super Smash dude, maybe next time we can play a few more rounds and not be so rushed to finish. Your Doc wasn't to bad so keep it up and next time we'll have a money match. :-D

James Sparrow: Yeah you know. Ouch.

River Falls: Always nice to see you guys again. Next time bring Apples to Apples and in between matches we can play a little. Andy looking forward to teaming with you at HJ4. Thanks for the scarf.

Anyone Else: Sorry I couldn't play that much but you're probably not missing much. Every bone in my body says to go to HJ4 so if you go we can play a couple.

Peace,
Nomek

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I drove home after the tourney, so I don't have access to the brackets right now. I'll put them up tomorrow when I get back to school.

This is what I remember offhand:

Doubles:
1: Teflon still needs a bigger afro
2: Team Taubsi
3: Fire and Ice
4: Aaron, are those new shoes?

Singles:
1: Aaron
2: BlueWolf
3: Chexr
4: yoshii
5: teflon
5: James Sparrow

Also, thanks to Nomek for running the brackets, and JS for recording some of the matches.

I'm not sure when the next tourney will be yet, since it would fall on the same Saturday as HJ4, which I plan on going to.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be fruity and "shout out" as well.

Blue Wolf - I will get revenge with my Doc...I know you fear his throbbing man-piece.

EighteenSpikes - You're better than me. You're quite the fiend. But I hope to play you more and figure you out.

Teflon - I don't even know what to say. We got 4th in teams. Pubes. I hate green greens.

Yoshii - Really close money match dude, we need to do that again.

Aaron/Chexr - I need to play you two more, as much as it might pain you to pwn me time and time again. I enjoy the ****.

Croudo - You like boys...

This tourney was pretty moist. Anal.

Crafty

Smash Rookie
Sexy tournamnet. This was my first tourney, and I thorughly enjoyed myself (I was the fairly quiet kid in the brown and yellow sweatshirt that went by Nick today, and not Crafty). I look forward to playing all you kids more, I get tired of playing the same kids all the time (Master0fmydomain, CHi, Chop and the occassional Croudo).

The four St. John's kiddies and I are gonna try and set up a tournament in the near future with the school's money and find a gym to play in so we can spread out. If you're ever in the St. CLoud area stop by Collegeville to play a game or 57. ANyway, thanks for the games. Peace!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i'm going to be You-Tube'ing the teams loser bracket finals, and the overall finals. also i'll be you tubing the best singles set i have, which was bluewolf vs yoshii where it comes down to sudden death... (did lucas actually already win when the time ran out because he had lower percent?)

wtf... how did this even happen... 4 posts at once wtf.

Leon

Smash Cadet
Ah, that was fun. It's been to long. Good to see the Smash community is still thriving even though the game has been out for, what, 5 years? Some things never change though: the amazing Roseville Two still dominate, with Kyle (too good!) and Yoshii keeping things interesting. Way to crack the top 4, Bluewolf, is this a threat to the Smash powers-that-be? Also, 18spikes, props on the Doctor Mario, I was completely unprepared for that onslaught.

See you all next time!

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
The four St. John's kiddies and I are gonna try and set up a tournament in the near future with the school's money and find a gym to play in so we can spread out. If you're ever in the St. CLoud area stop by Collegeville to play a game or 57. ANyway, thanks for the games. Peace!
Yea, for sure. We can take up the whole gym, plus there is a lot of kids here that play SSBM (but not at the Smashboards level) so setups wouldn't be that much of a problem.

The only gripe I have was the lack of setups. We had like 5 for 30 people. Thats only about 10 or a few more people playing at once.

Anyways, shoutout time I suppose.

Whitefire - I need a rematch. That death turnip was really lucky. Really really lucky. But good game none the less.

Yoshii - never really got to MM you, even you though you wanted one. Oh well. Next time.

Ulti - Nice Gannondorf. I also want a rematch. My controller came unplugged during our fight lol.

Teflon - Youre a theif. lol You lost the first round (with like 3 SDs) of our MM and won the second and then took the money lol.

Nomek - Yea, good matches. I'll be practicing my Falco for next time so he'll be even better. :p

Croudo - Nice teaming.

Sparrow - Yea, you ***** me. But thats ok. I'll just get better and rematch you.

Civilian Turtle - Good matches. lol. that one match was crazy with your Jigglypuff and my Fox. Took forever.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'd jsut like to say (to the St. Johns kids) that if there were a tournament in st. cloud, I'd most likely go.... the only thing that would stop me would be gas money, but I got some interviews now for jobs, so I should be okay soon

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
I felt that the October tourney was much better than the September one, these have no place to go but up as people keep coming back improved, and new skill keeps showing up.

Uno - Man, I wasn't ready to fight a fox of your calibur, next time, i'll be more prepared, your fox is amazing.

Chop - You were the first good link I had to fight, so I had to learn how to beat you as I played, good matches.

Dark Disciple - I love your pika, it's what I wanted mine to be all along, keep playing the mouse, we all love to see it.

Leon - Your Mario took me by surprise, thought my marth would have a range and speed advantage, and you destroyed it, next time i'll stay with peach, also nice Bowser.

Ulti - We didn't get a chance to do singles this time, maybe next time, I think i'm ready for a rematch vs your ganon/marth.

Chi - Keep your peach going, you should work on your speed and timing a little more, i'd like to see your peach improved next month.

Also if the St. Cloud smashers every run anything, make sure to PM me, we're just an hour from it and we'll be able to attend.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I'm back at school now, so here are the full results:

Teams:
1 Teflon still needs a bigger afro
2 Team Taubsi
3 Fire and Ice
4 Hey Aaron are those new shoes?
5 Anal Beads
5 Team Yoshime
7 Btfl Hair
7 Team Puddinskins
9 Chi Business
9 Shiner
9 Team Laggers
9 Team Mudkip

Singles:
1 Aaron
2 BlueWolf
3 Chexr
4 yoshii
5 James Sparrow
5 teflon
7 18 Spikes
7 DarkRoom
9 Croudo
9 Leon
9 D. Disciple
9 Uno
13 Nick
13 mastr
13 FluxWolf
13 Whitefire
17 CJ
17 Ulti
17 Sarm
17 Dos
17 Ark
17 Stick
17 Civilian Turtle
17 4ire
25 Chop
25 Chi

Brackets:

Singles
Teams

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah I think I'll be able to make the smashfest after that, I'm gonna be hiatus in the tournies and shiz. Gotta do some other stuff first, I'll be playing smash still teaching some of the noobs at my school how to be decent with their characters, Zeus might be moving back to Chicago too so yeah, I gotta teach these guys how to get good so I can keep my skills up.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Great tournament everyone I really enjoyed that and I think I learned alot from my first experience.

Disciple: Great match against your pika in singles, looking forward to beating you next time :cool:

Stick: I think we had the closest match I played all night that was amazing, good job, and your Ganon is really nice I like it.

Sparrow: Thanks for helping me out and making me feel welcome, your Falco is unconquerable... Although I did beat your mewtwo! :laugh:

18spikes: As you have probably heard many times, your Dr.Mario is freakin' sweet... Good games.

Once again great tournament everyone, looking forward to the next one.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Dibz on not playing Aaron and bluewolf in the tourney next time =) jk

Cant wait for the youtube stuff, that will be cool to see online. How many matches of bluewolf vs yoshii do we actually have?

Top Bottom