• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

James Sparrow

Smash Master
i have all 3 of bluewolf and yoshii's games, and all 3 of aaron and chexr beating me and spikes... also i'll be putting up the set of me and spikes vs bluewolf and darkroom.

Vandita

Smash Rookie
YAY ima back from D.C.! It was tons o fun but i missed out on what sounded like a really sweet tourney =( I tries to make it to the next one... Aaron, what's happenin this weekend fo smash??? And Nomek, i still havnt forgot the match that is destined between our shieks^_^ Okie, cya guys lata!!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Dang, ah well that's cool.

Hey everybody, just is just a heads up not entirely confirmed. Well I was talking to Fluxwolf about trying to host a big tourney, to get MN noticed a lot more in the smashworld. We were thinking of a lot of places to try to hold it for a venue.

Target Center - seems possible but not entirely sure
MOA - I have no idea
My school - A higher chance of doing it than the other two options I listed, but since they know me. Not that great of a chance, but it's still pretty high.

Now Target Center has the Dec. 30th/31st open, and Jan. 1st and 2nd open. I'm gonna call them up tomorrow and see what their policy is for having an event hosted their other than a sport or concert, I did see they had some Elmo stuff going on there too but that's besides the point.

So just a heads up, and mad props for Fluxwolf for trying to help out with this.

But now, if they will allow us to do it, and I'm trying to make this big. Will anyone help out on organizing the tourney as well, and does everyone think the dates I just said sound good?

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
I'll help with the organizing as much as I can, but I can guess that the Target Center or the MOA would cost a **** ton of money to rent for an event.

That and MN isn't that well known for it's tourney scene yet since we're at least 8 hours from the Midwest center of activity (IL/IN). We can barely get the Wisconsin (not RF) guys to come every once in awhile.

Maybe you could talk to KishPrime or someone and see if we can get an event on the Midwest Circuit, as that would probably bring a lot of publicity, which would merit a larger venue.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I did that already, they have the 1st season set already, and he wants the championship to be in the central area of Midwest.

But if the outcome is good, I could ask him again if MN can be the opener for 2nd season of Midwest Circuit.

But I'll keep talking around to other smashers on aim, mlg wherever I have them as friend list.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Dont worry about the money part for now. As I'm almost sure I can help out with whatever costs we need. We just need good organization of this event along with publicity to bring enough people in, seeing as how north we are of the central mindwest.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
hey looks like the next smashfest I can't get to because chexr doesnt really want to go to another "fake" tourney but I only live like 10-15 minutes away so if maybe I could get a ride from anyone?

otherwise if everything fails I will ride my bike there =) either way im going it just would be nice to get a ride since I live so close

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
hey looks like the next smashfest I can't get to because chexr doesnt really want to go to another "fake" tourney but I only live like 10-15 minutes away so if maybe I could get a ride from anyone?

otherwise if everything fails I will ride my bike there =) either way im going it just would be nice to get a ride since I live so close
Try contacting Matt (GreenBunny). He wouldn't have to go very far out of the way to make a stop in Roseville.

And yes, the next smashfest is Nov. 4th. The next tourney date is still up in the air though.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Sweet I plan on coming too, I'll see if my bro can drop me off to this. Anyone wanna get some play time before hand? I'm free just about every friday and planning to be at my video game club tomorrow for a good while.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Holy crap, that's near U of Illinois. Far. Very far.

I think I'll hit up the smashfest...I wish I hadn't missed the tourney :ohwell:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I've gotten work off for the 21st and I'm bringing a friend you've never seen who plays sheik. I think I'm better now than I was before (I took the summer off so I sucked until like a week ago) so expect another 2 for the 21st FO SHO'!
P.S. Perry scrubbed out. He plays magic and guitar hero exclusively now.
Perry? Is that the guy with the fro? I'm pretty sure his Samus owned me at Middlebrook...

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to go to the smashfest too.

WhiteFire, I'll be happy to do some singles with you. MM?
You too Chop?

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
We usually skip smashfests to save on funds, but if we can't make it to HJ4, we'll come down in two weeks for the next smashfest and i'll do $1 MMs with a bunch of people. In a week or so i'll be sure if i'm coming down for the fest or not.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Hey Ulti, next smashfest would you like to do a few friendlys and maybe a MM? I was watching your Marth at the tournament and it looks like you could teach me a few things.

Thanks.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Whitefire if you come, we can do a lot of friendlies and we can both improve on our pikachu's. Let alone I want to get better with Fox and play against your peach so I know how to fight one whenever the next tourney will be.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Flux will be there, and a high chance I'll be there I want a rematch agaisnt that Luigi. The wavedashing, the chops, the flares, the kicks, the strange drill kick that sends you vertical, and that blasted uppercut. I'm surprise I dont get nightmares.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
If I could bike down there I would, I would start biking around 8 in the morning, arrive at 12 exhausted and probably would've forgotten something of value too along the way.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'll come to the biweekly but only if 4 people or more are up for taking lessons with me. I charge $10 for a 1/2 hour lesson. Bluewolf? Disciple? Bunny? Alexandria? MOMD?

OMG 1500 GG

Top Bottom