• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
lol, Ness... Sorry to say I do not play him.

You can keep guessing, you only got another 24 characters to go through.

Sweet, you wanna team up for doubles Croudo? Im not sure how awake Ill be at 10am but I plan to go to sleep early.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
okay so a $1 mm with chop I'll take that up too. And 9:30 sounds good bluewolf, I'll be brining my 27" tv and possibly another, if I bring more than 1 cube will you have tv's to use them on or should I not bother? =)

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Bluewolf i'll take you on for $1, chop you too, uno for fox ditto.

croudo, up for a fox or falco money match?

Aaron - $1
Teffles - $1
Yoshii - $1
Chop - $1
bluewolf - $1
Uno - $1- fox ditto
disciple - $0 grudge match

oh and Eci4 are you coming to this? i'd like to play you at some point.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok...at some time (maybe in two weeks) THERE'S NO CHINESE SCHOOL!!!!

*works on Windmill of Fury*

Mute

Smash Cadet
Anyone remember me? The random girl who totally sucked? :p

I might be stopping by with Uno and Dos!

Splorky Fish

Smash Rookie
So, $10 for singles plus $5 for teams is a little steep for me. I worked in the summer to provide the food I eat all school year plus spending money, and it only goes so far because I don't work during school and I have to commute 1/2 hour to school every day. If it's only once per month, I guess it's allright. Maybe.

I can't make it at 10 this week, but I probably can't get there by noon either, but maybe. I'll try to see if I can make it for singles.

Do we really think that increasing the fee and making it start earlier will attract people who live further away?

The only sitaution in which that is the case is if there are lots of people living 2-4 hours away from St. Paul who:
1. work in the evenings
2. think they have a good chance to win the tournament
3. don't mind getting up at 6-8 am on a Saturday to come.

Maybe 1-3 are the case. Also, I know some people around here have to work. But Teflon seems too committed to his bassoon and epidemiological comedy to really care that much about smash tournaments, anyways. But it seems to me that most people would say, "I'd rather sleep 2 more hours and save $5." I think I'm more opposed to the earlier start time than I am to the increased fee, but that'll probably change when I run out of money later. Oh well, it's probably a good idea to test it out this week, which it looks like we're doing.

Anyways, hope I can make it. If not, gl everyone.

Croudo

Smash Cadet
Yeah chop ill team with you...we'll pwn us some nub.

Sparrow if you wanna get down and dirty for a dollar we can ditto.

Yoshii ill take a $1 match with you as well.

Man im not gonna want to wake up that early on saturday...

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Ulti I'll team with you, I suck at teams though I'm too selfish but we can figure it out. Yeah I'll be up before 10, since for some reason my body decides to wake up at 7:30 or 8am during the school year, why I have no idea. But I wont be able to sleep after that which is annoying.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Boo, won't be able to make it this Saturday. On the bright side, it's just more time for me to work on my various characters...

That way I won't get owned can win more than one match in the tourney.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
If you're not willing to get up by 6-8am to play smash you'll never be able to beat someone like me =). And I've driven 4 hours just to play friendlies with ONE person... and I'd do it again too!

And 56k too good! I need to head out by 5pm so hopefully it'll be done before then :3.

Bluewolf - I know for sure we can get at least one extra cube, mayyybe two if we ask nicely <3. Count on 1 tv 2 cubes from River Falls though =).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah...i heard about the don't problem...not gonna edit it, though. too much work.

I'll be pretty much anyone's partner. Except a Falco. *grr*

D. Disciple

Smash Master
There is a high chance that I can bring up a t.v with me, I can bring a gamecube for sure that isn't a problem, it's just my t.v., well for one I had to run around finding Selby Hall and that's gonna look strange seeing someone run around a college with a t.v in their hands and a backpack on their back.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good D, I need to work on teams anyway.

I can bring a cube, even though it looks like we have enough.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
we'll need all we can get ulti... the more tvs and setups the faster we'll get through the tourneys, the less people will get pissed off for running late, and the more friendlies everyone will get to play.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
ALright, well is it totally confirmed that the tourny starts at 10? I kninda need to know, because me and dos might get there a little late (an hour or a half)

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah I'm able to go and so is Zeus, we dont know if we'll be there at 10 directly, I might sleep over at his house, but I gotta see about bringing my t.v and stuff over, my gf has my controller and memory card at her house, but she's gonna drop by later today to give it back and kick my *** in some Halo >.>.

Bluewolf - Why dont you team up with Darkroom

Uno

Smash Journeyman
If we start double first I dont mind getting late.

how long did the last tourney take anyways? 4 hours? somthing like that. I dont remember how long D's was.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah mine was pretty late to start, but I think they'll be starting doubles first, then getting singles done asap.

I think you guys should try getting up there around 11 then, if you're trying to come late, I can guarantee doubles wont end that fast, we'll probably be at finals by then.

Why am I saying all this like I'm hosting the tourney?

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
We might not make it for the doubles, can I get an approximate time that doubles will begin, and also singles so we know when to head out?

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
it sounds like doubles will be pretty painless, 11:00 on the safe side 12:00 on the unsafe side. 1:00 is the latest I could see them running @_@.

Those are times for doubles ending. 10am is beginning of doubles, singles start after doubles =).

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Hey Bluewolf, I'm up for teaming again, I think we worked pretty well together last time.

And Disciple, you sent me a PM with no text, was that a mistake?

Top Bottom