• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

TP

Smash Master
The new Brawl tier list is out!

MK is now top tier by himself.

Snake, Diddy, Falco, ICs, Marth, Wario is A tier, in that order. Looks fine to me.

ROB got owned royally, now nestled between Kirby and DK.

They finally realized Ness is better than Lucas.

Falcon is now above 5 characters, when he was in last in the original tier list. YESZ!

Zelda moved down 9 spots. LMAO.

Hyrule Tier is what people are calling G tier, which is Zelda, Link, and Ganon. ROFLMFAO.

Nuris

Smash Lord
hahaha I saw that a few days ago with my girlfriend and we both thought it was really cute and funny. I also love the Peter Chao videos about Justin Bieber, they're freakin' hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bha3hrQOqAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwyvWfcncs

Also, while on the subject of Justin Bieber, is anyone else confused as to why he is "friends" with Usher in this music video, or perhaps a little disturbed by Usher looking so happy about all those under-aged white girls dancing all around his house?

Justin Wiener: HAPPY BIRTHDAY USHER!!
Usher: aw... ****... look at all these honeys. my man, you shouldnt have 8D

oh well, I guess so long as he doesn't pee on any of them it's okay...

alt-F4

Smash Ace
hahaha I saw that a few days ago with my girlfriend and we both thought it was really cute and funny. I also love the Peter Chao videos about Justin Bieber, they're freakin' hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bha3hrQOqAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMwyvWfcncs

Also, while on the subject of Justin Bieber, is anyone else confused as to why he is "friends" with Usher in this music video, or perhaps a little disturbed by Usher looking so happy about all those under-aged white girls dancing all around his house?

Justin Wiener: HAPPY BIRTHDAY USHER!!
Usher: aw... ****... look at all these honeys. my man, you shouldnt have 8D

oh well, I guess so long as he doesn't pee on any of them it's okay...
first of all that peter chao was hilarious...

second there were some incredibly weird things about that song
1) I will be your one boy, you will be my #1 girl (are there more girls... cheating little *******)
2) im only gonna tell you this one time (he then proceeds to tell her 30 times throughout the song)

yes i went back and watched the whole thing... it made me hurt in the brain parts

Teh Future

Smash Master
New Tier List

Imo it should be:

TripleSSS god tire: Peach
S: Snake
A: Meatknight, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario
B: King Dedede, Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch
C: Pit, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, R.O.B.
D: Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Wolf
E: Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Ness, Bowser
F: Lucas, Ike, Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff
G: Zelda, Link, Ganondorf

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Also, while on the subject of Justin Bieber, is anyone else confused as to why he is "friends" with Usher in this music video,
Justin Bieber made his name doing covers of songs on Youtube. He got a huge following among girls 10 and under and soon his vids were linked to in the related vids of Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, etc.

Usher "discovered" him due to his internet fame and signed him to his label.

unfortunately, the dude is like 15 and has more money than any of us ever will because of his Youtube tactics

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
btw I also play starcraft but I'm pretty bad because I got started on money maps 10 years ago.

btw2 who wants to play smash this afternoon?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Justin Bieber made his name doing covers of songs on Youtube. He got a huge following among girls 10 and under and soon his vids were linked to in the related vids of Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, etc.

Usher "discovered" him due to his internet fame and signed him to his label.

unfortunately, the dude is like 15 and has more money than any of us ever will because of his Youtube tactics
...how do you know so much about him?

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
...how do you know so much about him?
satellite radio does bad things to you :(

i did a paper on "anomalies in economic income"

it was pretty much the most depressing thing ever
-Bieber
-3/4 Jonas Bros because one was older than the other three
-Miley Cyrus
-Soulja Boi
-Lil Bow Wow
-Shia Lebouf

it was pretty much about the Disney Channel "farm system"

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I like that DeDeDe is finally moved down and not in the "old s tier" (which is A). That should have happened a long time ago. I'm still not sure that I agree with MK being in an S tier without Snake, but meh.

MK being in his own tier by himself is stupid. It moves every tier down so it makes everyone look way worse than they really are, which is dumb. How is MK "so much better" than Snake and Diddy? Dumb.

Otherwise, personally, I feel like the A and B tiers are very good, except that they shouldn't be moved down from MK taking up all of S by himself : I don't agree on Peach's position, though, and I think Peach, Kirby, and Rob should probably be above Pit and Toon Link, but other than that I suppose it's pretty accurate. Marth and IC should be above Falco though Tongue

Marth and IC should probably be above Falco though :p

Nicole

Smash Champion
Wooo, Peach is D tier. Tier list looks about the same. Wario got *****, I think he's better than that.

MetalMusicMan

Wooo, Peach is D tier. Tier list looks about the same. Wario got *****, I think he's better than that.
Wario should be S (or I guess A now), but I don't know if he should be above Marth, IC, and Falco or not. It's a hard decision. I'm pretty sure Falco should be below Marth and IC, but maybe not... either way that won't happen until more people play those characters.

Also yeah, lawl at peach being D tier-- I mean she's still "C tier", but everyone moved down a tier because of them taking all of the old S tiers out and putting them in A... I'm still not sure I agree with that either but meh.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Wario should be above ICs. Probably Marth too but I dunno. I haven't ever really played a great Marth. Marth's recovery is just...pretty bad. He can die at 70-80 just from getting edgehogged if you aren't careful with him. Wario doesn't have such problems...there's really no way he should be dying that early.

The tiers didn't need to be lowered the way they were either. They could've just made MK SS or something. I dunno, they've really made the middle tiers seem terrible...D tier, E tier...seems to be kind of unrepresentative of how good the mid tiers in this game still are.

MJG

Smash Hero
This tier list looks about right. ICs should be where they are now. MK should have had his own tier list for awhile tbh. Falco and Diddy are still pretty close together...as far as zelda goes (im still laughing pretty hard) she shouldn't be THAT low imo..but no one is really representing with her in tournaments and her metagame hasn't changed that much...not to mention, she also has one of the worst (if not, the worst) projectiles moves in the game, her recovery is terrible, her aerial movement is average at best...

Yay for TL moving up ^_^

Nicole

Smash Champion
GTFO, this is the ST. LOUIS AREA discussion. Plus, -I- hate you alot and would prefer if I never saw you post anywhere again.

PS - While you're in here, do you know anything about the housing situation for NoKoast?

MetalMusicMan

I have to agree with Inui on this matter.

I'd like to state that I strongly opposed the moving of MK to his own tier and will always do so...since I see no tier gap between him and Diddy Kong/Snake/Falco at all. Oh well. Hopefully that error gets corrected next time.
I've been thinking about it for the past hour and I was just trying to make sure that I wasn't opposing MK being in his own tier just because "I have always opposed it previously"... and yeah... he definitely shouldn't be in his own tier. At the very least Diddy and Snake are very close to him... I'm not sure about Falco but I could see it.

That coupled with what Nicole mentioned about this making the mid tiers look WAAAYY worse than they really are... I have to say after some thought, I am actually quite disappointed by the arrangement of this list.

...and wtf why is Link still 2nd worst? That's also ********.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Terran, 9001, Top pro

jk, I suck at that game. But I love it.
k well just fyi, 9001 apm would give you carpal tunnel in a matter of hours, and iccup rankings go S, A, B, C, D with +/- increments

i just started playing starcraft again and im trying to pick up terran (my korean friend is helping me haha) but i will probably end up switching to protoss or zerg because my apm is so low (only about 120)

i also play ums and money maps for the lulz

and as far as the justin bieber is concerned, i am pretty sure i will be more satisfied with my life than he will ever be no matter how much money he has or how much money i never have or whatever.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
k well just fyi, 9001 apm would give you carpal tunnel in a matter of hours, and iccup rankings go S, A, B, C, D with +/- increments

i just started playing starcraft again and im trying to pick up terran (my korean friend is helping me haha) but i will probably end up switching to protoss or zerg because my apm is so low (only about 120)

i also play ums and money maps for the lulz

and as far as the justin bieber is concerned, i am pretty sure i will be more satisfied with my life than he will ever be no matter how much money he has or how much money i never have or whatever.
actually there is no S rank on Iccup, its A+ and then olympic

I'm a C- terran BTW

MetalMusicMan

Ever seen a link player other than me in brackets? Link is bad
I didn't say he wasn't bad, but he's not 2nd worst.

Either way, your point isn't applicable. Have you ever seen a Shiek player place in brackets besides Zash? A Jiggs besides Thinkaman? etc. etc. etc. xInfinity.

"How good a character is" is not, and should not, be solely determined by representation. If that were the case, characters like Falco and IC would be MUCH MUCH lower.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I am a C- Smash Bro.

P.S. Everyone thinks that his/her own character is worse than it really is. "I can play with a bad character and still win." ****'s getting tired.

<3 <3 <3 FOX

Legan

Smash Lord
I didn't say he wasn't bad, but he's not 2nd worst.

Either way, your point isn't applicable. Have you ever seen a Shiek player place in brackets besides Zash? A Jiggs besides Thinkaman? etc. etc. etc. xInfinity.

"].
Ive seen and Jermiah Cross place at No Koast, Light place well, Tristan Win ***** **** with shiek and didnt a shiek place higher than all of us at VG Bootcamp? Im pretty sure theres a few jiggz placing out there including g-reg.

Anyone can say these characters are rated low because no one plays them, but no one plays them because they're bad compared to other characters. You dont main a low tier nor have you used one in a tournament setting so I dont really see how you can argue their viability.

Dont think I say link is bad to make me look better than I am, I just tell it like it is. Links strengths are majorly overshadowed by his weaknesses and he is punished hard when it comes to high lvl play.

MetalMusicMan

Yeah, link is bad. Again I have no argument with that statement.

My argument was that you are saying Link deserved to be low because "no one but you places with him". That doesn't prove anything whatsoever.

I don't think they're rated low just because no one plays them, they're rated low for that reason but also because it seems apparent that they have less options.

This is why Falco stays high, despite him still being less represented than every other high tier and even most mid tiers. Falco seems to have a lot of options, so as a character he stays rated high, despite having low representation.

Link for some reason continues to not hold to that theory though. He has all of these great options (for a low tier) and yet he is still rated below characters like Captain Falcon? I find that to be very silly.

Also, until very recently when you started using Marth / MK more in tournament, you definitely did try to claim that "because you placed well with Link" you were "better than people who placed the same as you, because you were using Link", and that whole thought process is ********.

It's good that you are using more Marth / MK now, though. You are still placing the same, however-- which pretty much proves exactly what I am saying. Just because you are "good with a low tier" does not mean that "if you played a high tier, you would instantly **** / be so much better".

Nuris

Smash Lord
representation and tournament placement do play into tier list placement, but they aren't the sole deciding factors

also thanks for the input deku, but i'll still call all the proleaguer koreans s-class out of weaboo fapanese habit

AND COREY
WTF WHY DIDNT YOU COMMENT ON MY POST ABOUT USHER
HES BLACK AND I CALLED HIM A PEDOPHILE AND I EVEN KNOCKED ON R KELLY
YOU MUST DEFENSED THATM

please excuse me, i had another paper due today :'(

Legan

Smash Lord
Also, until very recently when you started using Marth / MK more in tournament, you definitely did try to claim that "because you placed well with Link" you were "better than people who placed the same as you, because you were using Link", and that whole thought process is ********.

It's good that you are using more Marth / MK now, though. You are still placing the same, however-- which pretty much proves exactly what I am saying. Just because you are "good with a low tier" does not mean that "if you played a high tier, you would instantly **** / be so much better".
Lol wait what? when have I claimed any of this? Ive never even argued with the claim that nicole is better than me, she just might be, her recent tournament placements prove it. I play link as a choice, not as a crutch/auto john.

Ive got nothing to prove dude, ive already done what ive set out to do. That was kind of random on your part will.

Edit: **** R Kelly Phil, His music sucks ***

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
well yeah there are S class, but they don't even play on iccup like the rest of us

koreans are also like a whole 1/2 rank better than the rest. I lose against like every other C- korean lolol

Nuris

Smash Lord
lolol kk well im a noob i dont even play iccup i just sound like i sort of know what im talking about because i have friends who are korean and such

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Link for some reason continues to not hold to that theory though. He has all of these great options (for a low tier) and yet he is still rated below characters like Captain Falcon? I find that to be very silly.
At the latest Phase, I watched a Captain Falcon KNEE OF ****ING JUSTICE Meta Knight out of Tornado for the kill on live stream in tourney. Link can't do that =D

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I think for the most part S-B tiers are really, really good. But I definately don't think Link is secod worst either way, nor do I think Zelda is third worst. But then the question becomes. who exactly IS worse?

I think it's easier to say who is better near the top of the tier list than to say who is WORSE near the bottom of the tier list...

Top Bottom