• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
and it's also gonna be me and fujin and kemo & co. (4-5 ppl) and maybe nathan and his gf and maybe the two yoshis and the two people that posted on the tourney page and maybe tehDC from IL

and maybe

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think iowa is going but not sure. I'll be there >_>.
First I've heard of this.

Who's actually showing up at davids tomorrow? With todd and corey not making it and Will a maybe, I'm hesitant

:phone:
besides who FAE posted me jordan rauleen cook will(i think is coming) + a decent amount of locals that usually show up. I think turnout will be around 10-15 people. Hope you decide to come

Legan

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL GOOD PLANNING

oh em geee imma have to get eric presets its gon be liek christmas up in here

Duuude im sorry i really wanted to make it but some stuff just came up with my job that I cant get out of. Good news is that ill more than likely be moving back to stl within the next month

Teh Future

Smash Master
Duuude im sorry i really wanted to make it but some stuff just came up with my job that I cant get out of. Good news is that ill more than likely be moving back to stl within the next month
Its cool **** happens I was just sad face.

Seems like EVERYONE is coming/staying in STL for the time being. You are moving back, Cook is moving here. Todd and Jordan are staying FOREVER.

FOREVER.

stl staying alive

Cook

Smash Master
Jordan, have you seen the thing with MK vs. Snake where you up-air him on the ground at 0, then b-air, then stuff and it ends with d-tilt lock to the edge > drill rush > Snake is offstage? Seems like the sort of stupid situational gimmick thing you would love.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Jordan, have you seen the thing with MK vs. Snake where you up-air him on the ground at 0, then b-air, then stuff and it ends with d-tilt lock to the edge > drill rush > Snake is offstage? Seems like the sort of stupid situational gimmick thing you would love.
Yeah, it's uair -> bair -> footstool -> FF nair -> D-tilt lock to edge -> drill rush to ledge slip shuttle loop.

Cook

Smash Master
Way to be a T-**** - clearly I just wanted to know if he had knowledge of the technique, whic he proved he did by the specific nature of his post.

Anyway, I might start getting more serious about this game again, now that I'm near some other fa-g-s. I'd like to be able to occasionally beat notable people - something I haven't really done since beating Bassem and UTDZac in MMs at that one OK tournament yonder ago. I feel like I know how to get better at this point. Except against ICs, where the only way I know to get better is to be invincible more - though I guess I think I could be ok with MK if I practice more. Anyway. You cool fa-g-s should play with me some!

Cook

Smash Master
In serious style where we tell each other what we are doing wrong and we don't get salty at suggestions or fail to make suggestions in the first place! And if I get the job I want,, I'll supply the beer!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We should all play Project M >_>.

Cook

Smash Master
^I already said I would play! When will Todd be in Stl? I'm moving on Thursday.

Btw, I still like Brawl better, but I'm willing to do the other thing, too.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Jordan I dont think I'll ever do a project M tournament lol. You can bring it if you want though I will try it out.

I second Andrew Cook's question concerning Todd Macc.

And Fuujin going on to do great things, or compete in the adult film industry? The world will never know.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think Todd is coming back August 12th or something.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yep, around August 12th is when I'll be back.
David, you should download PM, I think you'll REALLY like it.
Me and one of my friends just played Ganondorf vs Marth for about 3 hours >.>
I still like Brawl too...I'll play whatever people want to play. But I'm tellin you, project M is amazingly fun lol

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Mods are fun and all, but the Smash scene's obsession with trying to make them mainstream over the game itself is ****ing ********.

Truf.

Anyway yeah, bring it and **** around by all means :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mods are fun and all, but the Smash scene's obsession with trying to make them mainstream over the game itself is ****ing ********.

Truf.

Anyway yeah, bring it and **** around by all means :p
Wait what? The smash scene doesn't have an obsession with making mods mainstream in the slightest lol otherwise more people would play them. Project M is by far the best out of the mods and is actually really easy to have tournaments for because you don't need a hacked Wii to play it.

I'm just terribly bored of brawl and want to play something else.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
No, people definitely try to push it. We had our run in with it years ago with Balanced Brawl ruining our reputation with the "FGC" in St. Louis. A lot of people on the forums push for the mods to replace the real game, it's pretty common :\

I think they're fun and it's really awesome that people put the work in, but it seems like a lot of people don't know where to draw the line (not anyone specific in this thread or w/e, just people who play Smash in general).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, people definitely try to push it. We had our run in with it years ago with Balanced Brawl ruining our reputation with the "FGC" in St. Louis. A lot of people on the forums push for the mods to replace the real game, it's pretty common :\

I think they're fun and it's really awesome that people put the work in, but it seems like a lot of people don't know where to draw the line (not anyone specific in this thread or w/e, just people who play Smash in general).
I've just never seen or experienced that. Everyone I've ever played any of the mods with was just for fun. I think P:M is by far the best mod for tournament play though which is why I'd like to see tournaments for it. The biggest tournament ever for a brawl mod was only 60 people.

Edit: I also don't think there is anything wrong with trying to get something you like mainstream.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Wait what? The smash scene doesn't have an obsession with making mods mainstream
Im gonna have to side with William on this one. Whenever I hear people talking about Propject M or anything it's ALWAYS "everyone should play this its the best version of smash"

every

single

time

you don't need a hacked Wii to play it.
This is awesome and I didn't know that.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Wish me luck at Whobo gaiz. I've had the fiercest training regimen and I'm gonna get 1st. I can just feel it in my nads.

*Cue training music*

Good luck man! Wish I could go.

Also, Fuujin, remember how we all care so much about your opinion? Oh wait, I don't remember that either...
No one is making anyone play it, you and your .gifs least of all. But thanks anyways :)

I don't see a problem even if people are "trying" to make it more mainstream. If they enjoy it, then it's no different than making anything else mainstream...
I honestly don't feel like most are trying to make it "replace" Brawl or Melee...it's just another option that a lot of people are starting to really appreciate, and as more people begin playing it the game will naturally become more mainstream, just as any other game does.

Legan

Smash Lord
1. Im back kids and it feels good
2. Project M is good and is a huge deal at most melee & brawl tourneys in chicago. Very fun and pretty much all the characters are viable at this point but ike/bowser/sonic are heeella good.

3. Lol @ hylian the tyrant

GL at whobo fae, do work

Top Bottom