• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

A 2

Smash Apprentice
Well nothing major is going down this weekend in rolla. If anyone is still interested in driving down to smash/party this saturday you are more than welcome to come simply pm me and i'll give you the info to come.

We have pleny of couches to sleep on to staying over is not a big deal just bring a pillow and blanket.

-A2

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah this sat im goin to that tourney in champaign IL at U of I so yeahhh then the weekend after that im going to huge johns 2 then the weekend after that is BandB round two where i wont get gayed so lotta smash comin up!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I need a new character besides Luigi and Ice Climbers. Any suggestions? Preferably somebody mid tier because I sux at using high tiers (except Ice Climbers)

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
hmm, Gannon, Jiggs or Peach maybe, their all pretty good. I guess theres doc, but I hate him and we already have 2 doc players in stl.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Well im planning on doing them every Friday now, but they are gonna have to be a lot smaller. Ill hold large ones on special occasions every once in awhile.

When I move into my new place (prolly mid summer) Ill be holding a ton . Got a lot of fixing up to do first though (if anyone wants to help, contact me :))

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Well im planning on doing them every Friday now, but they are gonna have to be a lot smaller. Ill hold large ones on special occasions every once in awhile.

When I move into my new place (prolly mid summer) Ill be holding a ton . Got a lot of fixing up to do first though (if anyone wants to help, contact me :))
I wish you'd host them at your new place (I assume you mean your Dad's house) too. Especially if they'll be shutting down that stretch of I-40 between Ladue and Clayton.

Edit: Well my mains thus far have been ones that don't require much L-cancelling so I suppose I should give Samus a try. She just has such weird timing and mechanics, and I can't missile cancel for the life of me.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
More Falcon mains!? :) Righteous.

Hey Lixi, Applejack wants to have a Samus ditto with ya. Watch out for them SWDs though. ;)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
imo...

samus is amazing...

yeah i cant go to any smashfests this weekend if you were thinking of holding one.

ill be seeing you all in eureka YO

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ok, im gonna hold another smashfest this Friday. I know Deku cant make it :(. But all the rest of you should be there.

This ones gonna start a bit late though, try not to get here before 5. (like you guys ever come before 5 anyway.....)

Also, Zig. Please tell me as soon as you know if Jazz is comming or not. I'll need to look for another doubles partner if he comes.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Ok, im gonna hold another smashfest this Friday. I know Deku cant make it :(. But all the rest of you should be there.

This ones gonna start a bit late though, try not to get here before 5. (like you guys ever come before 5 anyway.....)

Also, Zig. Please tell me as soon as you know if Jazz is comming or not. I'll need to look for another doubles partner if he comes.
I will as soon as that punk gets online again. Also, Im not sure if I can go to the smashfest this friday cause Im not too sure how I'd get there. But we'll see I guess!

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I will as soon as that punk gets online again. Also, Im not sure if I can go to the smashfest this friday cause Im not too sure how I'd get there. But we'll see I guess!
If your talking about jazzness being online than I don't know. I haven't seen that fool online for 4 months unless he blocked me X-D

MuBa

Smash Lord
Alright guys. I'm thinking about having a tourney @ June 30th so gimme your opinions if that sounds like a suitable date or not. And I'll see if I'm able to find a decent sized venue if I can get enough vote from you guys.

Quip

Smash Rookie
any way we can get the city discissions (St Louis, KC, etc) to be stickies in this part of the forum?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think I'm just going to make Young Link my third; I need somebody who does well against floaties.

I dunno if he'll make an appearance at Eureka though.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi, use Doc. He's the answer to your Peach problem!
Dunno if you like Sheik or not, but she does fairly well against floaties, along with Ganondorf.
I can use Doc decently but he doesn't do any better against floaties than Luigi.

Sheik's too high tier for me to do well with her; I've NEVER been able to learn how to play Sheik.

I'd love to be able to use Falcon, Ganon, Marth, or Fox to counter floaties, but we all saw how well that worked out at the last Eureka tournament.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Nah, the best way to counter a floatie is by using another floatie!!
NikePK can attest to that I'm sure. =P

Learn Samus.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
I think the only reason he is considered a Peach counter is his speed and the sheer number of projectiles. Basically hes quick enough to run around and spam up the damage... thats all I can really think of.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Sheik, Falco, and Peach are the easiest, and consequently, the cheapest.

Learn to play Kirby. You'll get major props for him. ^_^

SamDvds

Smash Ace
geno, if i come 2 your smashfest this friday i wont be able 2 get there til like after 11pm or midnight...i gotta DJ a prom...so is that 2 late or is that ok

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Nevermind, I'm hopeless with Young Link.

And Samus.

And everybody else. :(

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
young link is so fun to use though....

June 30th sounds good to me, Muba. Hopefully get the IL/KC/NE guys to come down for it, that'd be awesome.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
If your talking about jazzness being online than I don't know. I haven't seen that fool online for 4 months unless he blocked me X-D
Definitely didn't block you, Kami. I just haven't been on MSN at all, and rarely AIM.

I've been waiting for the right time to go into St Louis ... I thought Eureka, MO was my chance, but I dono about that anymore, what with Tourneybee Chicago being held on the same day now.

Deku, I didn't even know you came up to Huge Johnz! We should've friendlie'd it up.

Top Bottom