• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Thanks for the housing geno; your controller is on top of the brown tv. Good games to the people I did play, and I'm sorry for constantly being in and out.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Saturday we're goin to KC...im givin yall about 6 days notice so get off work if u can who ever wants to go...it's gonna be a pretty nice size turn out

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Looks like theirs gonna be smashing at my place tonight. Cant say we'll get a big turnout on such short notice but I think Andy will be there :)

Just come sometime after 4

spleenmuncher11

Smash Rookie
so idk any of you guys but i live in the stl...and i would really like to get a lot better at smash, idk if anyone has heard but there is a lan center off of lemay ferry road that just opened this month..and they are having singles and doubles tournament tomorrow...i would really like to see some higher quality smashers like you guys there so maybe i could learn some things, most of the people i have seen so far arent that great... uhh prizes kinda suck...no cash prizes cause its the first smash tournament but later they most likely will cause halo tournaments have 1000 and 500 dollar cash prizes.....but for smash its free gaming hours at the center...so if there is a good turn out im sure the guy would move it to cash prizes later....so it would be nice to get to know some of you guys and have some fun.....i will post up an address later if you guys are interested

Lixivium

Smash Champion
and they are having singles and doubles tournament tomorrow...
Kinda short notice don't you think? How are people supposed to be interested in something they know nothing about?

Anyway, if you just wanted to play some good people at Smash, you should go to Geno's house in Ladue. If you've never been to a tournament before, you're in for a learning experience.

spleenmuncher11

Smash Rookie
yea definately my bad on the short notice but i just learned about it yesterday. When is everyone gonna be at geno's house? and idk anyone lol so i hope he would be ok me showing up.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
yea definately my bad on the short notice but i just learned about it yesterday. When is everyone gonna be at geno's house? and idk anyone lol so i hope he would be ok me showing up.
I forget what Geno's address is but I think it's 22 Clayton Downs, in Ladue. It's off of Clayton Road, near Lindbergh.

And don't worry about just showing up without knowing anybody. That's what we all did the first time. The great thing about Smash is that you can just go meet a group of total strangers and have an awesome time. :laugh:

spleenmuncher11

Smash Rookie
i will post up more info after i get off work...about an hour or so. i will probably show up to geno's then lol

spleenmuncher11

Smash Rookie
137 lemay ferry, saint louis MO 63125 may 26 doubles at 6 pm singles @ 8:30 and saturday june 2, 2007 singles @ 6pm doubles @ 8 pm $20 if register day of....prizes for top 4 winners... full double elimintaion... right off of the flyer i got from the lan center ...... and if i could get an exact address for genos place so i could mapquest that would be cool

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Geno's phone number is (314) 413-1251. Call him to get directions. I can tell you right now that the street is real easy to miss. When you're on Clayton road, pay CLOSE ATTENTION when you come across Spoede road, because Clayton Downs comes right before or after it.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
June 10th is the eureka tourney so it would make more sense to try and get KC to come out here instead...

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
DUDE somebody needs to house jazz this thursday and go to that gamestop "tourny" or whatever on friday. Is there a smashfest this friday?

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I usually dont hold smashfests on the weekends when there are tournies, ill see what i can do though. really dont know if ill be able to house anyone though. I know i cant house on friday

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I might be able to house the KC crew as long as somebody else house Jesi (culturual issue, don't ask).
lol,
I could probably house KC depending on how many of them are comming, and maybe jazz too. would have to be saturday night only though.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Thanks for asking around for me, Zig-zag.

Also,

Does anyone have any further details about this Friday's tournament?

Is anyone available who can pick me up from the station in East St Louis and drive me to the tournament? (it's like 8-15 minutes east from University City)

Top Bottom