• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
So.... Sam and I both went and talked to the people at GameCrazy. And they told us they didnt know of any tournament.....

guess ill be holding a smashfest this Friday instead, prolly regardless of weather game crazy holds a tourny or not.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Yay smashfests!

A2 and I (and maybe my brother he said 50/50) will most likely come. I'll bring a cube. Tell me if you need a tv with it.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no one there stood a chance against Sam's Peach/Sheik, even with the laggy tvs. The lag on the tvs bothered me soooo much, and everyone was starting to despise my brother and I because we were complaining too much. The guy wouldn't give us a refund, even before the tournament started (after we found out about the laggy tvs). They couldn't even sense the lag there. The owner kept saying "there shouldn't be lag..." but there clearly was.
Plus I overheard people saying we were cheating in warmup rounds, but I have no idea why? Maybe WDing, edgehogging, or using the shine as an attack??? Others got really mad because we grabbed to infinate in doubles.
We ended up leaving early because my brother made other plans and Sam showed up so there'd be someone to put the noobs in their place...
And $15 entry fee for a prize of gaming hours on laggy tvs? Come on...
Don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon...

:: finishes ranting ::

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Yeah, no one there stood a chance against Sam's Peach/Sheik, even with the laggy tvs. The lag on the tvs bothered me soooo much, and everyone was starting to despise my brother and I because we were complaining too much. The guy wouldn't give us a refund, even before the tournament started (after we found out about the laggy tvs). They couldn't even sense the lag there. The owner kept saying "there shouldn't be lag..." but there clearly was.
Plus I overheard people saying we were cheating in warmup rounds, but I have no idea why? Maybe WDing, edgehogging, or using the shine as an attack??? Others got really mad because we grabbed to infinate in doubles.
We ended up leaving early because my brother made other plans and Sam showed up so there'd be someone to put the noobs in their place...
And $15 entry fee for a prize of gaming hours on laggy tvs? Come on...
Don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon...

:: finishes ranting ::
hahaha @ cheating...they didnt complain about me w/ding ...i even won a round with Marth lol...the lag was kind of effecting sheik too much 2 use her.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
what tourney did u go to? and when was that? o_O;
u mean last weekend....or when i went with KC to Innsomnia in march and forgot to tell you:) FYI it's not my job to keep you informed of my tournament whereabouts before or after i attend them...

MuBa

Smash Lord
u mean last weekend....or when i went with KC to Innsomnia in march and forgot to tell you:) FYI it's not my job to keep you informed of my tournament whereabouts before or after i attend them...
You don't have to be mean to me about it. And FYI I was just curious as to where the tourney was cuz I'd like to go too. I'd ask if someone else went there.

And I know it isn't your job to keep me informed but regardless you were nice enough to tell me...**** I was just wondering where you went to get easy competition @.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
No starting over....we're not friends...now lets keep this forum smash related =)

MuBa

Smash Lord
No starting over....we're not friends...now lets keep this forum smash related =)

you don't mean that, i know that 4 sure, and don't say that you do either lol, hell i'm the one who got you into smash, preventing you from living life like your mother and grandmother...

i know u better than that regardless of u telling me if u went to innsomnia or not (I should give you a cookie for going to innsomnia w/o telling me, really I should.)

and tell ur mom and grandmother I said hi :)

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
you can come anytime after 3, though most people dont show up until around 6 or 7
Also i dont know if we're gonna have a big turnout today, should have at least around 10 though.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Geno, A2 left his Boeing mug in your basement and I was supposed to bring it home for him, but I forgot. If you see it, just don't throw it away. Hopefully he doesn't get too mad a me.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
Hey Zig, it was fun making those videos at geno's house. ;)
Next time we should actually make smash videos though

p.s. I <3 Mexican smashers!

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
ok ill change the subject.....

anyway, whats the Jazz situation? when is he comming in and where will he need to get picked up at? Im guessing he'll need houseing?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
ok ill change the subject.....

anyway, whats the Jazz situation? when is he comming in and where will he need to get picked up at? Im guessing he'll need houseing?
Geno are there going to be people at your house on Friday?

Who am I kidding, I'll show up even if no one else comes.

Top Bottom