• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
There's no way that place would be big enough to host a Midwest Circuit event; heck, we don't even know if there'll be another Midwest Circuit since some people didn't really like the way it turned out.
There WILL be another circuit, and St.Louis is a lock given we get a venue.

Apparently there is a charity tourny at SIUE for some sort of music thing. Its five dollars, so I might go just to help them out with the smash portion.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Venues seem to be hard to come by, but the bigger problem is that there's not really anyone here who has experience running gigantic tourneys...do the Kishes personally go out to the cities that hosts the Circuit Events and do things themselves?

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Venues seem to be hard to come by, but the bigger problem is that there's not really anyone here who has experience running gigantic tourneys...do the Kishes personally go out to the cities that hosts the Circuit Events and do things themselves?
Um, the kishes (as well as everyone else who wants points) go to all the midwest circuit tournies. Running it wouldnt be an issue at all. It wouldnt even be till the latter end of the year regardless, so we have plenty of time until then.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
ya, maybe we can talk b&b down like 10 percent (to 30 instead of the 40 i think they take)... but even if not, its still a blast to play there.

Like Lixi said, I don't think there's enough room @ the Eureka place for a Midwest Circuit event. There's gotta be something around that just has a flat fee to rent out and we can just charge 5 bucks or whatever to cover the building fee.

P.S. INN V was awesome guys, you should've come. You definitely need to plan to come whenever they announce the next one.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Whats Band B and what do they have? How many ppl came to the tourney and how much money was collected all 2gether?
It's a game/card shop in Eureka MO that said they would have a tourney a month. I dunno how many went to the last one, but I'm guessing about 40?

Doesn't look like they'll have one in April. They usually post a thread over a month before the tourney date.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
It seems everyone but me can do the Gentleman. Applejack just...DOES it. "I just press A three times calmly!" he says. I've even seen his hands. That's all he does, it looks just like SS's Gentleman.

Gee thanks a lot Kami. ;_;
I suppose you've got the moonwalk down too? ~_O

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
It seems everyone but me can do the Gentleman. Applejack just...DOES it. "I just press A three times calmly!" he says. I've even seen his hands. That's all he does, it looks just like SS's Gentleman.

Gee thanks a lot Kami. ;_;
I suppose you've got the moonwalk down too? ~_O
I've had the moonwalk down for a VERY LONG time. LOL At a tourney i'll show you if we go to the same one sometime

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that'd be an 8 hour drive for me... >_< I can't do that long of a distance myself. Any STL peoples going to the KS one? I might be up for hitching a ride if anyone wants some company going...

Also, for those who haven't seen... b&b is doing another tourney MAY 6TH... you all better be there!!!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
8 hours?? ugh i dont know if i want 2 go anymore lol...thats the longest drive for a tourney i would ever attempt

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I've just moved back from going to college at Truman for a bit, so if anyone wants to smash it up... considering I have no one around here to play with yet. Drop a line or something like that.

P.S. I live in Florissant, just letting you know.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
lol, was just getting on to see if you could get a ride with Deku.

Looks like we;re gonna have to stop around 2 this time though, gotta work kinda early. that means COME EARLIER. you guys always get here so late. Come anytime after 2 thats 12 hours of smash, should be good enough dont you think :)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
uhhh idk what that means haha

does that mean you need me to drive you?
It means I'll be here with bells on!

Actually, since you're in edwardsville I think, it would be awesome if you could get me and jeff at my house before heading over there if you could. So if you can, just IM me or something and see what we can work out.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Im gonna try and make these Friday night smashfests into a weekly thing. I dont think ill be able to this comming friday though.

Quip

Smash Rookie
Toga here! I shall henceforth be referred to as Quip! But I know the stench of Toga will still linger. Happy Smashing--hope to tip some nubs this weekend.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
uhh this weekend.. i was thinking about going to that rolla little thingy its not that far i guess?

i think theres a small tourney at U of I as well...or a big tourney? i think tj and marth1 are gonna be there soooo thats some good ppl

are you guys going to KC? i think i saw darkrain wasnt gonna go this weekend?

help the schrub!

also someone should go to huge johnz 2 and team with me

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Deku I dunno if KC is having Smashfests this weekend or not. They couldn't last weekend because something came up with Dark's family. I'll check tomight though.

So if they're having that then I should be going to that, but if not I'll go to Rolla and give you some competition. ;)

lol If you can give me a ride from STL or whatever to Chicago, I'll team with ya.

Top Bottom