• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
Is geno having ppl over again? if not Lindenwood is open. I'd really like u all to come out. This is my last weekend in Stl before i go back home for the summer
I'm in Flowers if you want to play this week.

I'm finally back. Hopefully some of you remember me. I came out to Geno's a few times and was at a SIUE tournament way back when. Have I missed anything good?

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
brawlpro-ask your parents nicely if you can host something...
whats your address? i want mapquest it.

whats lindenwood?
Lindenwood University is a college in St. Charles not too far from the wherenberg 18 cinemas. Lixi, brawlpro, tinka, and sam have all been here for a melee tournament I hosted.

I'm in Flowers if you want to play this week.

I'm finally back. Hopefully some of you remember me. I came out to Geno's a few times and was at a SIUE tournament way back when. Have I missed anything good?
OMG! I"m in flowers! what room?

And so, are we coming here or brawlpro's house? I don't think I can go to his house, my car is home in Florida so unless extreme has a car, i'm stuck

happypants

Smash Cadet
Lindenwood's a college and k I'll ask. Address is, 955 thompson dr, florissant mo, 63031. Well I got permission, before I make it official with the time and stuff, who all would show anyways?
*raises hand*
mapquest says you live 0.6 miles from me.

ill just walk over :o

Lindenwood University is a college in St. Charles not too far from the wherenberg 18 cinemas. Lixi, brawlpro, tinka, and sam have all been here for a melee tournament I hosted.
ck
is it free to play there? do you need school ID to enter the school grounds?

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
I'm in 322. I do have a car, but I'm going to be out of town Friday night and Saturday night. Free during saturday morning/afternoon

Lindenwood is a joke. Hell no you dont need an ID to get in. They do have 2 big screen TV's and pool tables and air hockey table and ping pong table tho......

SamDvds

Smash Ace
random said he is having ppl over for smash. he lives in alton, Illinois, about 30 or 40 mins from geno's house. i think im gonna be there tonight, so looks like everyone is gonna be spread out lol.

happypants

Smash Cadet
^If its just me and brawlpro at his house then maybe I'll go to randoms(w.bpro)but then again I play brawl and random said he hates brawl so i dunno? Will you guys play brawl or just melee or both?

for future reference what are the college hours for playing smash?

bpro-pm's check em

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Darkatma, we usually play in our rescollege common room, so they're certainly available for smashing. I had never considered lugging in another TV, but it's definitely doable. I bet you could reserve one for an event. Good luck filling up multiple setups with Wash U Melee players though :chuckle:.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lawl brawl.
Norcal's split in 2
the people who played fast and well near the end of melee stick to melee
the people who were good who got left behind turned to brawl

melee: ss, lunin, zhu
brawl: DBR

I can play brawl, i get upper half in tourney at least =/
I just don't like camping for 6 minutes repeatedly where there's no way to punish

edub

Smash Apprentice
i think the GA tourney looks cooler cuz it has "bigger names" and it's closer
i'd probably go to that one... only down side is there is no brawl, but that's not much sweat off of my back

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
Well I'll be home in Florida so I was definitely planning on bringing my crew out to FAST. I think you all should come, you all are my home away from home, and I have scores to settle with some people who came and upset me at my school >_<. Georgia is closer, but if you're flying, the difference in time is negligable, and I didn't bother reading the GA one because of it having no brawl, but Hugs is going to FAST and I doubt he'll be alone. Also, I don't know about you all, but i'd really like to play Melee pros in Brawl competatively to test my skills. In GA, you'll only get to play them in brawl friendlies

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
********? You think it should be more or less?

And obviously if I go to either of these it will be FAST, curious to see if anyone else is willing.

EDIT:

[15:45] NemoSpectoSursum: why do you think $20 is ********?
[15:46] foxenking: dunno.
[15:46] foxenking: >_>
[15:47] NemoSpectoSursum: ....what?
[15:47] NemoSpectoSursum: you called somethign ******** for no reason at all?
[15:47] foxenking: yup
[15:47] NemoSpectoSursum: ladies and gentlemen of the jury, THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, for FAST I'd go only for the Brawl, and screw the Georgia thing. Like I'm really going to buy a plane ticket and drive 2+ hours to an airport just to go lose money at Melee...

TTT

Smash Journeyman
for the people that CAN win munnies though... :p
I know man I wonder how the pros have a shot at winning some money if the top 3 spots will be won for sure by known even bigger pros. :O maybe we should go and see which huge name will get the money!!

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
whoops i probably should have come to random's but i ended up being very busy friday.

we should definitely go to FAST! I'm 100% down

edub

Smash Apprentice
if you guys are driving to FAST i would definately be down if i could get a ride. it would be on the way from STL most likely...

Top Bottom