• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM "Cheap Moves"

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I watched until I saw that it said edgeguarding (Doctor Mario's cape) was cheap, then I stopped.

I.B

Smash Lord
I watched until I saw Doc, then quickly realized that "Cheap moves" and Doc don't go together.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as a cheap move or tactic in a fighting game unless it's 100% impossible to get around and breaks the game to the point where that is the only viable option. There isn't anything like that in melee.

Also, I stopped watching at yoshi... Wow that was dumb. And the person who made that video sucks.

demodemo

Smash Ace
too bad it wouldnt work with FF on :\

when he got to the dthrow > chargeshot i was like "wow, finally something that actually might work", but then he messed up. hahaha i couldn't stop laughing

Geist

Smash Master
I cry inside when people say the word cheap.
Then I pick Shiek and needle camp.

When will all the scrubs stop complaining? THEY DON'T EVEN USE THE WORD GOOD ANYMORE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE
*sobs*

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
oh. i use falco and laser camp.

ultimate 'cheap'

but this guy is so right! ssbm is so cheap!

brawl youa ctually have to do stuff!

did you know there slike 09253095823 ways to ledgecamp!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
basically pick any move on the top tiers and now you have a cheap move.

with some small exceptions like sheik's f-smash or marth's u-smash.

Binx

Smash Master
That vid was terrible, but honestly the definition of cheap depends on your skill level, when your really bad marth's forward smash is cheap, when you sort of bad, peaches down smash is cheap, when your bad falcos down air is cheap, when your not good, fox's shine is cheap, when your good though, nothing is cheap... except M2K lol. JK

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk I think I'm pretty alright and I openly state how I feel about Falco's Dair.

And Jigglypuff's Down+B.

And other moves with... questionable sexual orientation.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
All those combos the pros use are so cheap. Seriously, they're all memorized in training mode and take no skill at all once you've practiced. If the pros would just play the normal way I could probably beat them.
obviously joking

Stratford

Smash Champion
Falco fsmash. Not that "cheap" in terms of in game effect, but nothing will make your opponent want to quit more.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I called it three years ago.

"The metagame is going to peak at a Jigglypuff that knows how to Rest incredibly well (among the standard spacing and edgeguarding)."

I feel like my theory is slowly coming into fruition.

DarkPhase

Smash Rookie
Most of that stuff doesn't work on real players (or ones who know how to play SSBM). And shine/ doctor marios cape are not cheap. The only thing your right about is that Peach's turnips are really annoying

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I like how it said that Kirby is the cheapest character then it took them 1 minute to set up the "cheap strategy" on a cpu.

Clearly the most broken of all characters is kirby.

Peach's turnips were HILARIOUS LMFAO.

She was throwing turnips at YL and half of them bounced off his WOODEN shield. Peach's turnips are so annoying that 50% of the time, they do absolutely nothing to Young links that stand in place.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, I'm surprised Fox's down throw after a dashgrab at the edge of the stage didn't make it on here :p

Top Bottom