• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Tier List v3.0- What do u think of TL's new placing?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, like one of the first posts, TL isn't going anywhere. All I know is that Hyro is kickn some *** here in LA getting top 5 in tournaments.

And to get the kill, make sure you expertly set up a killing combo. U-air kills, Fsmash(not DI'd out of) kills, A good Dair spike kills, f-air kills and d-smash kills.

It's up to you to set up a 2 or three hit combo to kill even if it is as simple as bomb -> [kill move]

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Dsmash doesn't even kill. And why would you not include Usmash in there?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
At least T. Link has combos that lead into kills. Like bomb drop to Up-air, returning boomerang to up-smash/f-smash, close ranged Z-air to Up-smash, i-bomb to up-smash, bomb drop to spike AKA 100% working spike. All T. Link really needs is a broken footstool combo or a chain grab to make it into top tier, and I don't think that will happen. Still TL has alot of potential.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
At least T. Link has combos that lead into kills. Like bomb drop to Up-air, returning boomerang to up-smash/f-smash, close ranged Z-air to Up-smash, i-bomb to up-smash, bomb drop to spike AKA 100% working spike. All T. Link really needs is a broken footstool combo or a chain grab to make it into top tier, and I don't think that will happen. Still TL has alot of potential.
A broken footstool combo would not change TL's placement if it suffers what all those "kill combos" do: they're not reliable nor reasonable.

All those combos are extremely situational, all are high-risk, none guaranteed, blah blah blah.

Toon Link can't glidetoss into dsmash, or pew pew phantasm, or dthrow CG, or spotdodge dsmash, or DACUS. He has trouble getting the kill in a game where people dying takes FOREVER and where gimping is less dominant because of how INSANELY FORGIVING the ledge is (to certain characters...*cough*MK*cough*).

"I agree though, the TL boards are slowly transforming into the Pit boards"

I like it when people agree with me (it took months but I don't care!).

It makes me less emo for some reason.

Maybe I need less emo and more ego.

You may facepalm now.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Its bad dTL. Some of us are discussing gimmicky stuff like hilariously situational ATs instead of what really matters. Matchups and stuff.

Silver Swordsman

Smash Apprentice

You may facepalm now.
*facepalms*

For what it's worth, I've always agreed with you I was just too lazy to post it =P

Something I like to do for killing is when I'm juggling someone, randomly throw in a full-hopped uair. They either dodge and you tech-chase, or you fastfall to the ground and punish with a usmash, or they waste their jump and you repeat the process.

I also like putting my opponent in situations where if they dodge my projectiles, my fair will land (if they air dodge to avoid a falling bomb or a returning boomerang, I'll time a fair to hit them as the air dodge ends)

I also like edgeguarding characters with predictable recoveries with my projectiles... if they recover horizontally, I'll throw a boomerang and a bunch of arrows out and edgehog/spike them as they get closer.

Uair's really useful for KO'ing in general...it comes out in like 5 frames and sticks out for a while. I also like utilt since nobody ever expects it lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The TL boards don't look into small techs as game breaking and amazing. We just find a lot of stuff and try to make it as useful as possible. It's just that every little thing helps. This is always the mentality I've had, and idk why you think I'd be copying you, Viet.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
A broken footstool combo would not change TL's placement if it suffers what all those "kill combos" do: they're not reliable nor reasonable.

All those combos are extremely situational, all are high-risk, none guaranteed, blah blah blah.

Toon Link can't glidetoss into dsmash, or pew pew phantasm, or dthrow CG, or spotdodge dsmash, or DACUS. He has trouble getting the kill in a game where people dying takes FOREVER and where gimping is less dominant because of how INSANELY FORGIVING the ledge is (to certain characters...*cough*MK*cough*).

You may facepalm now.
I agree that the TL boards are becoming like the Pit boards. Not every AT is meant for every match up. Some of the more easiest things to do is the most effective. TL has more setups and options than Pit however, so TL has more potential. Unless the Pit's come up with some crazy arrow lock combo, like how Falco has laser lock combos.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I always go for the grab release -> boomerang return -> smash kill, but for some reason no matter the skill level of the person I'm playing, they always take too long to get out of the grab. I'd expect pros to be more like lvl 9s by now

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got a quick question. I know that TL has MANYx's100 tricks, AT's etc, many of which can be, from what it looks like, used in any situation and get a TL player who knows them all out of any jam. Now with all of these options given, why is it that there isn't much progress tourny/rank wise for TL?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I got a quick question. I know that TL has MANYx's100 tricks, AT's etc, many of which can be, from what it looks like, used in any situation and get a TL player who knows them all out of any jam. Now with all of these options given, why is it that there isn't much progress tourny/rank wise for TL?
In my opinion, it's because people know we spam the Z-air, and they expect it and punish it. TL mains just need to mix it up a bit, to mindgame them.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Zair shouldnt be spammed. Its what ive been saying all this time :/. (Tho, I still use zair a lot but i dont get punished for it because of predictability and when i throw a zair I space it of course).

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I always go for the grab release -> boomerang return -> smash kill, but for some reason no matter the skill level of the person I'm playing, they always take too long to get out of the grab. I'd expect pros to be more like lvl 9s by now
It's called using your brain. -_-

You keep track of the fact that the boomerang is out, and if you're pummeling them that hard, they know what you're trying to do.

Expecting pros to be stupid was a good joke though. I like your humor. xD

Zair shouldnt be spammed. Its what ive been saying all this time :/. (Tho, I still use zair a lot but i dont get punished for it because of predictability and when i throw a zair I space it of course).
Zair shouldn't be spammed and it's telegraphed as hell anyway unless you do rising zair (lol).

It's good for what it is, but with it coming out in...what 10-11 frames? And your typical position in the air, a S tier can PS it and punish (cuz S tiers are fast. Snake is fast. Snakes are fast ya know. <_<). This is why using zair offensively usually doesn't work unless you've somehow scared your opponent stiff into doing something dumb (but that usually makes them hide in their shield...which is bad for you since TL cannot really pressure shields).

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
yeah pro players are too smart, and scrubs are too slow to break out of grabs. But it's a decent way to get a few free pummels

Top Bottom