• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 on Virtual Console Discussion

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
its not sexy, triangles are not sexy ....aint nothing cool about a game based on 180s

why not a full 360!...jk

but seriously Brawls graphics are great...probably the only thing Brawl has going for it...why not take that to Smash64 (recreated) advantage?

Superstar

Smash Champion
I dunno. I just like how SSB64 is stylistic and has a laid back feel as a result. Oh, yeah, Brawl also has triangles. :p

YAY FOR SAME ARGUMENT WITH A LITTLE SOMETHING ELSE!

It's just an atmosphere thing. If you change the graphics, the musics and SFX might not match with it. It'd have to be more serious [D:].

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
exactly, but (seeing as you are trying to refer this to what we are tlaking about in a diffrent topic) these opinions are idealistic...

when it comes to debating which graphics are better, its much like Music...personal opinion so you cant call it wrong and right.

But as for Chars in gaem and how they can perform...theres a system for debating...which no one understands

Skrlx

Smash Champion
just wait for it.. it probably won't have online features.. but it's coming

i already play ssb64 with a GC controller so no problem.. but controls would be different ._.

EDIT: SSB64 is fine as it is.. the only thing that it needs is maybe some more stages and more characters

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
just wait for it.. it probably won't have online features.. but it's coming

i already play ssb64 with a GC controller so no problem.. but controls would be different ._.

EDIT: SSB64 is fine as it is.. the only thing that it needs is maybe some more stages and more characters
i dont know...i that Edit isnt a joke what chars would you want?

and itd be hard to keep the game the way it is through adding another char

Superstar

Smash Champion
Be very easy though if Final D, Fighting Polygon Stage, and Metal Mario stage were available for play. Edges suck on "Battlefield", though. Yeah.

I doubt online play.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Be very easy though if Final D, Fighting Polygon Stage, and Metal Mario stage were available for play. Edges suck on "Battlefield", though. Yeah.

I doubt online play.
Honestly Final Destination would kill a lot of people...and Fox would be > then Falcon easy for the counter pick....maybe...no definitely

LLDL

Smash Hero
it isn't officially on virtual console, but there is a hack. All you have to do is install the homebrew channel and the wad manager. Theres a ssb64v3.wad by Paradox, install the wad, and there you have it. I'm actually making a video on how to get install it :) I'll make a new thread tomorrow or on monday

SSB64 Runs so effing perfect on the wii it's not funny. Especially with the gamecube controller.

The reason why they aren't releasing it officially on the VC is because Brawl will get no sales resulting of that.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
it isn't officially on virtual console, but there is a hack. All you have to do is install the homebrew channel and the wad manager. Theres a ssb64v3.wad by Paradox, install the wad, and there you have it. I'm actually making a video on how to get install it :) I'll make a new thread tomorrow or on monday

SSB64 Runs so effing perfect on the wii it's not funny. Especially with the gamecube controller.

The reason why they aren't releasing it officially on the VC is because Brawl will get no sales resulting of that.
I don't think your suppose to advertise hacks...or anything that Nintendo doesn't support legally

Making a thread about that would be a bad idea.

craiigg

Smash Lord
aslong as he doesnt prove links to the game it should be ok, discussing the homebrew channel is fine but nothing to do with ROMS/Injected games into VC

however no topic to avoid the hassle plz

Superstar

Smash Champion
I already know about that...I just don't like tampering my Wii to that extreme [already have homebrew].

But since Ninty might manage to kill homebrew soon [apparently 3.4 brings auto updates, but I have 3.3 in the meantime], I might as well steals SSB64 because their whole <3 Brawl is pissing me off. Be nice if they release it soon, might help the 64 scene due to disappearing equipment [although N64 would be primary method because its more classic], and since I can't get an N64 I really want it.

Its amusing though that I just got my once in 2 months Brawl itch. Bleh, it'll wear off.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
they should make the test kirby's dreamland levels (that are included w/ the game and unlockable via game shark) playable bc those are SWEET

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
they should make the test kirby's dreamland levels (that are included w/ the game and unlockable via game shark) playable bc those are SWEET
I just want FD in 64, without having to deal with one-stock and weird glitches when someone wins. Then I can die happy.

The background and music on that stage kick *** too.

dwp171

Smash Apprentice
I just want FD in 64, without having to deal with one-stock and weird glitches when someone wins. Then I can die happy.

The background and music on that stage kick *** too.
seriously! i hate the glitch on death bs.

oh and um your icon, which is deus ex, is awesome. nice choice my friend.

Superstar

Smash Champion
With 15 frames delay? SOUNDS AWESOME!

I really dislike WFC. ;_; If they programmed in P2P it'd be awesome, but it's Nintendo, port forwarding is too hard.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Personally i think before we get Smash64 on VC we should get a means of playing Melee online (offical)

thatd be sweet.

I know it IS possibul to play melee onlien now but, its complicated and tetious

Superstar

Smash Champion
And desync happy. Can't play Peach, G&W, Luigi or ANY stage with random elements. Probably the GCN clocks have to be synched to prevent desynchs [since I think that's where the random number formula comes from].

Random numbers are done with a math formula and a starting point called a seed. Seeds are either set at the start, formulated by the clock's current time, the time you wait in the menu screen, or set, and once a frame it'll do a random number call [like Pokemon Emerald does].

Also, Ninty would give Melee Brawl WiFi quality if they made it official. I personally cannot wait for a GOOD GCN emulator to come [optimized, that shizz], computers to grow more powerful, and hook it to Kaillera. Good enough.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
that and have replays may be and maybe add someone or something (ddd)

has anyones smash64 broke and if so how long did it take because i want to buy a smash 64/64
and nintendo is retated now so they cough cough brawl so that will never happen if it does wave it in my face taunt me and laugh because i want want smash 64 too

I've had my smash 64 for AGES and it still runs fine.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
nintendo DS 2 remake/Port next!

amirite?

20+ chars inc. bowser, shiek/zelda, marth, D3 and snake, 10 stages new stages + the old ones, massive hit-stun, fun items, new 1 player, ds online.

HIGH TIER CAPTAIN FALCON!

Drool.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Personally i think before we get Smash64 on VC we should get a means of playing Melee online (offical)

thatd be sweet.

I know it IS possibul to play melee onlien now but, its complicated and tetious
Melee is faster and more technical than SSB64, so its more unlikely to play it well online. I mean, you would need a really really low ping between the peers.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, I hear the Dolphin emulator has been getting progress, no netplay attached to it though. And that's called P2P Nixxon. :p Melee wouldn't play that well even with 4 frames, but, to be fair, the Melee scene is bigger, so matches in shorter distances would be easier to get. I often have to fight people in Canada or the West Coast to get a match, and I live in South Florida. If the 64 scene was large, I could, say, fight someone in Alabama/Georgia for 2-3 frames [I got 3 with Matt but I bet I could get 2 now with a wired connection, heck, maybe even 1, I dunno].

I'm just afraid of the consequences to 64 once GCN gets Kaillera support. It could better it, or worsen it, I dunno.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Speaking of which, I hear the Dolphin emulator has been getting progress, no netplay attached to it though. And that's called P2P Nixxon. :p Melee wouldn't play that well even with 4 frames, but, to be fair, the Melee scene is bigger, so matches in shorter distances would be easier to get. I often have to fight people in Canada or the West Coast to get a match, and I live in South Florida. If the 64 scene was large, I could, say, fight someone in Alabama/Georgia for 2-3 frames [I got 3 with Matt but I bet I could get 2 now with a wired connection, heck, maybe even 1, I dunno].

I'm just afraid of the consequences to 64 once GCN gets Kaillera support. It could better it, or worsen it, I dunno.
i run melee fine.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I'm talking about delay, not FPS. I'm almost 100% sure this rig can run Melee at 60FPS. I just have to try it.

It's if you want to do all that 1frame window crap Melee has, that online can get really sketchy.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm talking about delay, not FPS. I'm almost 100% sure this rig can run Melee at 60FPS. I just have to try it.

It's if you want to do all that 1frame window crap Melee has, that online can get really sketchy.
i've already tested it.
disable dualcore and you'll get some crappy fps with lag melee is stil playable

Superstar

Smash Champion
fps is not the same as lag. It could be running at 30FPS, that's not the same as delay.

FPS is the number of refreshes/updates in a second. Delay is the number of refreshes/updates SKIPPED during each signal.

So if it's it's 4 frames delay, but 60FPS, that means that there are 60FPS, but only 15 of those updates are available for button presses. When you press a button, it's activated 4 frames later.

That's why Brawl is unresponsive during online play even when there's the alleged "no lag". The delay is like 10 frames, so it takes 1/6th of a second before the game notices your signal. Why you feel "guided" during Brawl WiFi.

Low FPS is due to crappy computers or delay forced below what the network allows, delay only appears online or with VERY bad coding that should not be there.

Basically, if something needs to be done on "frame 60" [SWD is like that], you have to hit the command on frame 56. Different for each delay. Perfect wavedashes would get annoying, and some tech heavy stuff maybe as well. EGX Good would be just too unplayable, but P2P might do fine.

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I Can't Wait

I can't wait for it to come out on VC. I've never played SSB64, and I don't have a N64. I guess if you do own the game, you could install an N64 emulator and play the game legally, but it runs at half speed.

But think about how hilarious it would be if Super Smash Bros. 4 came out on WiiWare! Don't get me wrong, WW games are really fun, but their not very big and they don't have much of a story line.

EDIT

Wow, I didn't know SSB was rated E. Maybe my parents will let my little brother play this one!:laugh:

Seala

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros. was released to the virtual console for Japan on January 20, 2009 to celebrate it's tenth anniversary there since it was released for the Nintendo 64 on January 21, 1999 in Japan. It's still unknown if it will be released to America and Europe.

That's what it says on smashwiki atleast.

Godofrock72, you can always play it on an emulator, it works just fine at the full speed on any computer that isn't like 10 years old.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Well, today is the 10th anniversary of Smash 64, but unlike Japan, North American gets no SSB on Virtual Console today (just another ****ty obscure game release).

I guess we have no idea when this game will be coming to us, nor do we know if it'll be anytime soon now. :(

Nintendo of America = FAIL.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Well, today is the 10th anniversary of Smash 64, but unlike Japan, North American gets no SSB on Virtual Console today (just another ****ty obscure game release).

I guess we have no idea when this game will be coming to us, nor do we know if it'll be anytime soon now. :(

Nintendo of America = FAIL.
Dude this sucks so bad. i was predicting it would come out today since it is Smash's 10 anniversary for the past like 3 months. Did you hear that they got Majoras Mask? Again another great game they get while everyone else is left in the dust.

step up nintendo of america, japans not the only country where they want actual good games instead of wiiware.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I know--I've been predicting the same thing for a couple months now. :(

Come to think of it, when was the last time NoA released a good, well-known game on Virtual Console? 2007?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Apparently Smash Wiki said SSB game out April 27th (yesterday) in North America for Virtual Console. I'm at school now. Someone want to check this?

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Dude this sucks so bad. i was predicting it would come out today since it is Smash's 10 anniversary for the past like 3 months. Did you hear that they got Majoras Mask? Again another great game they get while everyone else is left in the dust.

step up nintendo of america, japans not the only country where they want actual good games instead of wiiware.
Hes right ive been waiting for a majors mask release for almost a year its the only zelda game i havent played and if the smash coming out yesterday is true then finally a good virtual console release!!! im still sad over banjo kazzoie being removed from the virtual console games list... curse you rare!!!!

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Smash Wiki said SSB game out April 27th (yesterday) in North America for Virtual Console. I'm at school now. Someone want to check this?
It's been removed.

SSB has NOT been released for VC in North America. We have no idea when it will be released here (or in the PAL regions).

Top Bottom