• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I know people probably don't like when people ask, but I actually was gone for the weekend due to prom and stuff. Have I missed anything interesting? All I see is the Sal leak, which I'm assuming is the guy who said Shulk, Palutena, and Chorus Men are in?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
If it's a success, why the hell is fever 10 dollars new on amazon (has not hit 1 mil sales yet), while Kirby Return to Dreamland is 60 bucks new? Come on guys, thats like claiming W101 was a huge success because it sold more when it went on sale.
Amazon is Amazon. Honestly, I still see it going high up at retail. A game being rare actually means the opposite; it didn't have many copies printed in the first place. RtDL is far more expensive than Epic Yarn and yet it hasn't sold as much.

I'm just saying we can't look at just figures in any way; that's why I hate sales being brought up. The Earthbound sales, for one, are nowhere near as reflective of those who have played the series. For most of these it's hard to get a concrete number.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I told you all to nuke this thread!

He couldn't have fabricated the tipster?
Considering he's a longstanding and respected member of NeoGAF and runs a credible, albeit small, gaming website; I find it hard to believe he'd fabricate information about a game just for the lulz -- something which would cost him his NeoGAF membership I might add.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's a possibility, but if the tipster is fabricated, then all of the character leaks he made are just really lucky guesses.
I've made this argument before but aside from Wii Fit Trainer and now "Marshall", everyone else in the leaks has seemed pretty likely from the get-go and I think that's one of the reasons why so many people are disappointed with it. Of the ones talked about, Palutena and Little Mac seem to be the only ones that aren't highly controversial and that most people were in agreement with while everyone else has basically been an argument waiting to happen since Day One.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Considering he's a longstanding and respected member of NeoGAF and runs a credible, albeit small, gaming website; I find it hard to believe he'd fabricate information about a game just for the lulz -- something which would cost him his NeoGAF membership I might add.
i meant what if he is both Sal and the tipster and already has the information and is just feeding us when appropriate but that pretty much answers my question haha.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
His tipster works at Nintendo and was hired to leak things intentionally. I don't know the exact details of how the Sal situation works, but my point is that someone could be intentionally leaking something to the internet. In this case Sal is the middle man. If someone is constantly right they probably paid to do so, and aren't leakers slipping us information. I think the same thing happened with the Palutena leak if it's legit.
I don't think this is the truth behind the Sal leak, however I do believe that the Palutena leak may very well have been intentional. I'm pretty sure Sakurai plans out Pic of the Day post like a week in advance (or at least a day or two in advance most likely), which means either the universe was perfectly aligned to create a crazy coincidence or he knew that picture of Palutena was going to leak when he put those Palutena-related pictures on Miiverse that week. Not to mention the facts that the pictures' first apparent appearance on the Internet were some anonymous person asking where they came from (which makes no sense if he's the original uploader of them) and that leaks like that do not happen with Nintendo games that far in advance, especially not Smash Bros.
Any new leaks lately thats not Sal's leak and has Isaac/Dixie Kong? I know i always ask about those 2 but cmon, I feel like they both deserve a slot in Smash and I refuse to believe they wont be in it for the likes of something as pathetic as a Mii -_-
If they don't get in, it won't be because Miis are included as characters, it will be because Sakurai did not feel that they were worthy of inclusion/development time.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If I were a leaker, I'd leak all the information, but make it sound fake so no one believes me.
That would be pretty damn epic: Sakurai noted, "I included Greninja because I thought about how well Ninja Turtles went over and decided that SSB4 needs Ninja Frogs!" Then, Greninja is revealed and these forums explode...

Also, stop calling each other peasants!

Seriously, this is "SMASH-boards", not "SERF-boards"...

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Yes, which in the end makes Sal's character predictions really lucky, lol.
... if the tipster is at nintendo, and Sal is the tipster, they wouldn't be predictions. If leaking is being used as a marketing scheme, nintendo could have X amount of "sleeper cell" accounts on cites functioning as normal people until activated as a leaker. lol I like the idea of them being really lucky predictions, but I'm trying to suggest more of a conspiracy route. haha. Like half the people in this discussion could just be nintendo personnel making sure the conversation goes exactly the way they want it to.:crazy: you never known who's on the other side of the internet :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, which in the end makes Sal's character predictions really lucky, lol.
There's a point in probability where something goes from being "very lucky" to "mathematically impossible". I'm not going to break down the statistics of the likelihood of 'guessing' five characters out of the now eleven given. Wii Fit Trainer alone is about as close to an impossible to guess choice as their is, let alone with two other less than likely characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

That's another thing. GAF is very reliable on leaks. If you fake a leak on say, /v/ or gamefaqs, no one will care. GAF will, however, be off with your head for god knows how long - I'd say even more than Something Awful would be, and probably more than any website on the board. If it was a new poster to GAF that had the ability to post on alternative accounts, that'd be one thing, but a member who's been respected a while is already enough to trust that if he was to get wrong information it wouldn't be because he somehow came up with marshal for "The lulz"

Also guys, let's think about something. You guys say Marshal is a hard guess, right? Why would you guess him then, nonetheless this leaker? The only theory left at this point asides from "It's real" is "The leaker/tipper F***'d up somewhere" and even then, it's more likely that the leaker only ****'d up at one thing even if he did. Rosalina isn't really a mess up - he never said it was all the newcomers or that Mario wouldn't be getting a newcomer.

(Yes, I *'d it myself)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Calling people "sheep" for not agreeing with you is, in fact, melodramatic. He's putting himself on a cross because his favorite characters might not make it into a video game. I did the same thing for about a month when the Brawl roster was revealed until I realized that if you go about acting like someone personally wronged you for something so inconsequential, people come to resent you and you chip away at your credibility as a poster. If there's any "trap" here, it's taking a video game way too seriously.

You called people sheep for not agreeing with you. This is implying that, because they disagree with you, they don't think and are simply too stupid to see things from your point of view. There are significantly more rational ways to express your opinion. Also, taking the role of the victim is not going to help your case. People were telling you that you were getting out of line. You ignored them. I acted. If you want to go wave a zealous banner like Joan of Arc, I'm sure Gamefaqs will welcome you with open arms. We have standards here. If you act like a child then you will be treated like a child. It's as simple as that. You don't have to agree with the people here and they don't have to agree with you but that doesn't automatically make either side right or wrong. Bottom line: you can express your opinions without swinging them around like a baseball bat.
yh I called ppl sheep( my definition is blindly following someone no matter what they do) and he called us annoying and whiny so why am I the one getting the warning? the answer is because I am the one with the unpopular opinion. I am not playing the role of a victim I was pushed into it, there is definitely a double standard here. The other members you keep pointing to are on the same level as me and have no right to "put me in line" nor do I have to comply to them. It's ridiculous that I am considered out of line because I am expressing my distaste for the choices the director is making. I responded to people who quoted me challenging my opinion and I have the right to respond to them. Also Sharing my opinion is considered shoving my idea down ppl throat? If so why is it diffrent when the other members try to shove that the roster is fine down mine?

Personally wronged me, no I am calling out sakurai's choice's in characters and the fact that it does not represent what a lot of the people are asking for. This is not just hate because my personal character did not get in there is plenty of characters I want in that did not get in ( professor layton is a big one) but I can understand there exclusion. Ridley and rool(look at the character threads) there no reason to ignore them other then personal bias and I don't want a director directing the game that does not take the fan's wants in mind and putting characters that he likes in. If lets say instead of rool and ridley it was characters I hated like walugi and tingle getting the amount of popularity as ridley and rool I still be raging because ignoring them means the director is out of touch with the fanbase or has personal bias both which I don't want designing my games.

in conclusion the opposite side is swinging there bats just as much as I am or harder, it's just I am the one with the unpopular opinion.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't insulting anyone actually. We , No YOU are Smashboards sir.
I...I HAVE CONTROL OVER EVERYTHING
FIRST DECREE OF ORDER IS EVERYONE IS BANNED
EVERYONE
INCLUDING ME...wait, what?

On topic, does anyone know if Sal's source knows what the "Pokemon from X and Y" looked like if he saw it in action? Might give you guys more of a lead on the leak.
Sorry if this was brought up before or if this might be a dumb idea, I have not been keeping up with this thread at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

kataridragon

Smash Ace

I actually looked into some of the guys past posts on NeoGaf and noticed that he had anouther thread detailing directs for 2013. A mod said he would ban him if they ended up as fake...... He still has his account.

I think he has an insider or he is the insider. However since he runs a general gaming website I have doubts about that.

EDIT: Cool your jets Starscreams.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's another thing. GAF is very reliable on leaks. If you fake a leak on say, /v/ or gamefaqs, no one will care. GAF will, however, be off with your head for god knows how long - I'd say even more than Something Awful would be, and probably more than any website on the board. If it was a new poster to GAF that had the ability to post on alternative accounts, that'd be one thing, but a member who's been respected a while is already enough to trust that if he was to get wrong information it wouldn't be because he somehow came up with marshal for "The lulz"

Also guys, let's think about something. You guys say Marshal is a hard guess, right? Why would you guess him then, nonetheless this leaker? The only theory left at this point asides from "It's real" is "The leaker/tipper F***'d up somewhere" and even then, it's more likely that the leaker only ****'d up at one thing even if he did. Rosalina isn't really a mess up - he never said it was all the newcomers or that Mario wouldn't be getting a newcomer.

(Yes, I *'d it myself)
I wouldn't say GAF is very reliable. There has been false info spread throughout the forum before (and subsequent bannings), so it is more that there are reliable users who have a reputation for being more 'in the know' than others. Lupinko and CBOAT are two users that come to mind right off the bat. Because there are so many people on the website affiliated with the game industry, there's the whole six degrees of separation rule in place, and sometimes things slip through the cracks.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Isn't this thread for rumors and leaks and not for rosters and character discussion? Then why are we talking about Sakurai not adding in popular characters? Why do I need to ask so many questions?

And soviet prince, if you want to contend the warning that was given to you; I suggest making a thread in Forum Support where a Senator will talk to you about it. You can also PM Fatman about it and talk about it privately.

However, let's get back to rumors and leaks.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I wouldn't say GAF is very reliable. There has been false info spread throughout the forum before (and subsequent bannings), so it is more that there are reliable users who have a reputation for being more 'in the know' than others. Lupinko and CBOAT are two users that come to mind right off the bat. Because there are so many people on the website affiliated with the game industry, there's the whole six degrees of separation rule in place, and sometimes things slip through the cracks.
Iunno, I'd say it is. I won't say everything that comes out of their mouth is the truth and nothing but the truth, but I will say that they've got plenty of credibility and they've been right on a numorous number of occasions on crazy things - How about the metroid prime trilogy for one? It's hard to ignore how many things they got, especially when close to release. Compared to every other website out there, I'd still rank it high up.

Granted that's still not saying much but eh... Agree to disagree? I can't even call it that since I'm mostly agreeing with you and just talking about some G stuff that I personally found impres

Last edited:

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Isn't this thread for rumors and leaks and not for rosters and character discussion? Then why are we talking about Sakurai not adding in popular characters? Why do I need to ask so many questions?

And soviet prince, if you want to contend the warning that was given to you; I suggest making a thread in Forum Support where a Senator will talk to you about it. You can also PM Fatman about it and talk about it privately.

However, let's get back to rumors and leaks.
I tried that first but he has pms turned off apparently, and the roster thing is being discussed because a leak is making this likely the final roster so in a way were on topic.

I know I am unpopular right now and not trolling or anything, I just think this needs to be said despite that people disagree. i am doing nothing that the ppl supporting this roster don't do.

... if the tipster is at nintendo, and Sal is the tipster, they wouldn't be predictions. If leaking is being used as a marketing scheme, nintendo could have X amount of "sleeper cell" accounts on cites functioning as normal people until activated as a leaker. lol I like the idea of them being really lucky predictions, but I'm trying to suggest more of a conspiracy route. haha. Like half the people in this discussion could just be nintendo personnel making sure the conversation goes exactly the way they want it to.:crazy: you never known who's on the other side of the internet :awesome:
It would be kind of dumb not to do that in this day in age. If money isn't an issue hiring a few people to post on message boards or have staff work in shifts just makes sense. We're on here constantly telling the world what we want why not have someone at Nintendo read it? They couldn't make big changes like characters and stages, but little changes (Like DKs roll attack) could easily be influenced by internet chatter. Using these accounts to influence our discussions isn't a bad idea either. ("IMO Ridley isn't out of the running yet guys. I bet they have some secrets" or "Guys, I really think Ridley is out. We shouldn't get our hopes up) I'm not saying they are that extensive with it, but I could easily see it happening. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was happening to an extent. Hell if I ran a company that's what I would do regardless of the product. I'd hire some dude to talk about how friggin awesome Charmin Ultra is on several open forum.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I tried that first but he has pms turned off apparently, and the roster thing is being discussed because a leak is making this likely the final roster so in a way were on topic.

I know I am unpopular right now and not trolling or anything, I just think this needs to be said despite that people disagree. i am doing nothing that the ppl supporting this roster don't do.
Soviet Prince, I'll be sending you a PM.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know people get sick of the Sal leak, but if it wasn't the Sal leak, we'd just be talking in circles about the Palutena leak. Gamefaqs and 4chan haven't made any believable or credible sounding leaks in a long time, and honestly because of these two leaks, the Sal leak and Palutena leak, and to a lesser extent the MK8 leak, this is really all we have to play with while we bide our time for E3.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yh I called ppl sheep( my definition is blindly following someone no matter what they do) and he called us annoying and whiny so why am I the one getting the warning? the answer is because I am the one with the unpopular opinion. I am not playing the role of a victim I was pushed into it, there is definitely a double standard here. The other members you keep pointing to are on the same level as me and have no right to "put me in line" nor do I have to comply to them. It's ridiculous that I am considered out of line because I am expressing my distaste for the choices the director is making. I responded to people who quoted me challenging my opinion and I have the right to respond to them. Also Sharing my opinion is considered shoving my idea down ppl throat? If so why is it diffrent when the other members try to shove that the roster is fine down mine?

Personally wronged me, no I am calling out sakurai's choice's in characters and the fact that it does not represent what a lot of the people are asking for. This is not just hate because my personal character did not get in there is plenty of characters I want in that did not get in ( professor layton is a big one) but I can understand there exclusion. Ridley and rool(look at the character threads) there no reason to ignore them other then personal bias and I don't want a director directing the game that does not take the fan's wants in mind and putting characters that he likes in. If lets say instead of rool and ridley it was characters I hated like walugi and tingle getting the amount of popularity as ridley and rool I still be raging because ignoring them means the director is out of touch with the fanbase or has personal bias both which I don't want designing my games.

in conclusion the opposite side is swinging there bats just as much as I am or harder, it's just I am the one with the unpopular opinion.
You're missing the point entirely. You keep insisting that I'm against you and that I'm being completely unfair but I feel this further proves my point. I'm sorry to break it to you but there is no grand conspiracy. The world isn't out to get you. You have complained not only in this thread but several others in the past week and I have taken notice. There was even one that you started that was ultimately locked because it got out of hand. Many of us here know how you feel because, quite frankly, you haven't let up on it for the past week. It's hardly esoteric.

You keep saying that "Sakurai is out of touch" but what do you really base this off of? The fact that Ridley MIGHT not make the cut. The fact that K. Rool MIGHT not get in. It's all conjecture. As others and myself have said, we don't know the final roster and, even with what we've seen so far, there have been fan favorites added. Lots of people wanted an Animal Crossing rep. A buttload of people wanted Little Mac and Megaman. Hell, even Rosalina and Greninja have received warm welcomes. Is he out of touch or do you simply imagine him as out of touch? I once made the exact same arguments about Sakurai when the Brawl roster was revealed because I didn't get Geno and Megaman despite, of my top ten list, I got Wario, Diddy, Dedede, Olimar, and Lucario. I too argued about the "travesty of how Sakurai didn't care about the fans" despite the fact that half my wish list had been met and how, aside from ROB and ZSS, nearly all the new additions had sizable fanbases that wanted them in. In the grand scheme of things, I was more upset at myself for wasting so much time speculating a video game than actually living my life. I acted like Sakurai had broken promises of the 5 characters who didn't make it (Geno, Megaman, Ridley, Vaati, and Krystal) despite the fact that no promises were ever made, just like now. Thems da breaks and that's the big risk tied to following any game. The final product might not be exactly what you want so it's smart not to get too emotionally attached to an impossible ideal or, realistically speaking, a game that revolves around cartoon characters kicking the crap out of each other.

So, word to wise, save your indigence for something that actually matters. Your "outrage" is hardly warranted because hardly anything is currently known. You're getting upset over a possibility, not a reality and, even then, it's just a game. Don't like it. Don't buy it. We personally can't change the game to meet your specifications. I'm sorry but that's simply the reality of things. I cringe at some of the crap I wrote back in 2008 and, honestly, I'm trying to spare you from making the same mistakes I did. As someone who was once in your shoes, don't be "that guy" and try to look at things from a different perspective.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know people get sick of the Sal leak, but if it wasn't the Sal leak, we'd just be talking in circles about the Palutena leak. Gamefaqs and 4chan haven't made any believable or credible sounding leaks in a long time, and honestly because of these two leaks, the Sal leak and Palutena leak, and to a lesser extent the MK8 leak, this is really all we have to play with while we bide our time for E3.
Please bide time in the Social and Character threads.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I know people probably don't like when people ask, but I actually was gone for the weekend due to prom and stuff. Have I missed anything interesting? All I see is the Sal leak, which I'm assuming is the guy who said Shulk, Palutena, and Chorus Men are in?
You haven't missed a thing. The only relevant leak there is the Sal one which has been discussed ad nauseam. It came out a few hours before the Direct and we don't know anything else about it.
Oh and also there has been a couple of really sad Pac-man 'leaks' to keep us busy I guess because it looked like they didn't even try. Funny how before the Direct there were 'leaks' galore and now, nothing.

D

Deleted member

You haven't missed a thing. The only relevant leak there is the Sal one which has been discussed ad nauseam. It came out a few hours before the Direct and we don't know anything else about it.
Oh and also there has been a couple of really sad Pac-man 'leaks' to keep us busy I guess because it looked like they didn't even try. Funny how before the Direct there were 'leaks' galore and now, nothing.
Probably because Greninja and the removal of transformations dissuaded most leakers from bringing anything to the table, for better or worse. Plus, it's so close to release/E3 that fake leaks have probably slowed down big time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
The E Gadd leak mentioned Minda and Wolf Link being an assist trophy. We only got Midna. Has that been addressed?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'd absolutely rather talk about possibly legitimate leaks than whatever nonsense somebody pulled off 4chan or made up in this thread that gets debunked in 10 seconds.

Debating credible leaks is both more satisfying and more important.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just going to throw out a few tidbits that came to mind:

--No one is out to get anyone else, but certain viewpoints are certainly taboo among the general fanbase. Final roster criticisms easily fall under this category. "Get over it" or "Stop complaining, entitled baby" are common responses to these views, regardless of their substance or merit.

--It's not entirely fair to place Brawl era users' complaints on the same level as these modern ones. Brawl added the vast majority of widely-desired newcomers, with no single snubs standing out above the rest (with one or two snubs being of mere fads), whereas this game looks to have added a smaller quantity of widely-desired newcomers, with two of the snubs standing out as particularly noteworthy.

--Yes, I can agree that we should wait until the game is released before we start the actual criticisms. The multiple leaks that have to be 100% valid for such criticisms to be more than about possibilities still have room for error (though I don't believe "Rosalina wasn't on his list, so many more characters aren't, either" constitutes one).

--Game development doesn't occur in a vacuum. Had the response to tripping been less universally negative, for example, or heaven forbid, had people laughed at it and deemed it a funny new addition, it might have stuck around.

--People can be passionate about the games they enjoy (or want to enjoy) without, like, investing their life force in them, or allowing their passion to negatively affect their lives outside of gaming. Granted, it's easier for some than others, but "just a game" is no reason to not want the best for a great hobby.

That's all I really have to say on the matter for now.

I do appreciate the relative absence of GameFAQs wishlists in this thread. It's as though they aren't even bothering to try and measure up to the Sal leak of late, because there's no way they possibly can at this rate.

Last edited:

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
You're missing the point entirely. You keep insisting that I'm against you and that I'm being completely unfair but I feel this further proves my point. I'm sorry to break it to you but there is no grand conspiracy. The world isn't out to get you. You have complained not only in this thread but several others in the past week and I have taken notice. There was even one that you started that was ultimately locked because it got out of hand. Many of us here know how you feel because, quite frankly, you haven't let up on it for the past week. It's hardly esoteric.

You keep saying that "Sakurai is out of touch" but what do you really base this off of? The fact that Ridley MIGHT not make the cut. The fact that K. Rool MIGHT not get in. It's all conjecture. As others and myself have said, we don't know the final roster and, even with what we've seen so far, there have been fan favorites added. Lots of people wanted an Animal Crossing rep. A buttload of people wanted Little Mac and Megaman. Hell, even Rosalina and Greninja have received warm welcomes. Is he out of touch or do you simply imagine him as out of touch? I once made the exact same arguments about Sakurai when the Brawl roster was revealed because I didn't get Geno and Megaman despite, of my top ten list, I got Wario, Diddy, Dedede, Olimar, and Lucario. I too argued about the "travesty of how Sakurai didn't care about the fans" despite the fact that half my wish list had been met and how, aside from ROB and ZSS, nearly all the new additions had sizable fanbases that wanted them in. In the grand scheme of things, I was more upset at myself for wasting so much time speculating a video game than actually living my life. I acted like Sakurai had broken promises of the 5 characters who didn't make it (Geno, Megaman, Ridley, Vaati, and Krystal) despite the fact that no promises were ever made, just like now. Thems da breaks and that's the big risk tied to following any game. The final product might not be exactly what you want so it's smart not to get too emotionally attached to an impossible ideal or, realistically speaking, a game that revolves around cartoon characters kicking the crap out of each other.

So, word to wise, save your indigence for something that actually matters. Your "outrage" is hardly warranted because hardly anything is currently known. You're getting upset over a possibility, not a reality and, even then, it's just a game. Don't like it. Don't buy it. We personally can't change the game to meet your specifications. I'm sorry but that's simply the reality of things. I cringe at some of the crap I wrote back in 2008 and, honestly, I'm trying to spare you from making the same mistakes I did. As someone who was once in your shoes, don't be "that guy" and try to look at things from a different perspective.
BKupa666 basically took the words out of my mouth, I don't think the world is out to get me or a conspiracy I think there just a lot of bias going around. It seems to be alright to praise the roster but if something neg comes is posted then that user is called a troll and not taken seriously. I also agree with BK's statement on the brawl roster being completely different then this one. Brawl had great additions and it made since why some big wanted newcomers were passed over I mean with characters like diddy, wario, dedede, meta knight, pokemon trainer, ect there was not room to fit all of them. This game is a different story almost all the highly demanded characters or all stars as some people call it are already in, the only two left is ridely and k rool. I know there some characters that are wanted but look around read some threads and tell me that there are on the same level of popularity as them two. On a buisness standpoint does ignoring there inclusion a good buisness move?

Also tech this is not final your right, but do you really think the likely hood of the roster to exceed 48 is very low and it also meets the mk8 leak.( is that a coincidence?) people keep bringing up rosalina but fail to understand she was not named because she was stuck in the middle of both leaks. The first leak was only for e3 so it made since to not include her while the second leak was after she was already in. No smash bros does not consume my life I have a lot of other things to do, but this is a smash bros forum so I when I am here i am going to be focusing on smash.

Touma

Smash Rookie
Don't really want to sound like a **** but would it be that hard for IsmaR to move the leaks we know are dead to the dead leaks post? It'd take what.. 3 minutes at most?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Guys, would be nice if you could take that argument in PMs or so. Would be nice to see this Thread go back to having actual discussions about Leaks and Rumors again. Just saying. :/

So, yeah, ahem. Anyone have any new thoughts about the Sal leak, maybe?

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Who exactly leaked Brawl's roster? Is that person still doing anything on the internet?

polonight

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone considered that greninja was part of a second Pokemon trainer. This would explain why the leaker didn't know the name (if he saw the coding files and only say Pokemon trainer X & Y) and it would also explain the presence of both of the other gen 6 starters in the game (compared to the other generations that have one representative starter at the most). This would explain his vagueness as he couldn't be sure in which Pokemon they had chosen since he couldn't see the name of the Pokemon or a picture of it.

(P.S. This is very unlikely but would explain the vagueness and could also correlate with the villager not having an agreed name when the leaker saw it and in the coding files was referred to ACG (Animal Crossing Guy) however this does concern marshal as a potential character seeing as there is no reason to confuse him with the chorus boy unless he was named that in the coding (that I highly doubt))

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
What's the consensus on that Mario Kart Wii forum leak where someone said 48 characters total with 4 cuts? Is there any backing to that? It's been on my mind for a while.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
What's the consensus on that Mario Kart Wii forum leak where someone said 48 characters total with 4 cuts? Is there any backing to that? It's been on my mind for a while.
Jury's still out. Seems pretty legit if you read the posts.

48 non-transforming characters sounds damn juicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom