• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not sure if this quite belongs here but I believe that the Balloon fight stage could quite easily be R.O.B.s All-Star stage and as such, hint at him returning. just look at the past.

G&W represents the G&W system and as such, gets stages based on games from that.
R.O.B. represents the NES system and got an old school looking stage based on the NES/arcade game Mario Bros, and now we have another old school stage that retains its NES look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnw2GA657s

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Guys, would be nice if you could take that argument in PMs or so. Would be nice to see this Thread go back to having actual discussions about Leaks and Rumors again. Just saying. :/

So, yeah, ahem. Anyone have any new thoughts about the Sal leak, maybe?
As I have already stated before, we'll see whether Sal's leak is true within the next couple of months based on future Nintendo Directs, E3 2014 and the 3DS game's release date.

I still get the feeling (as stated before) that Sal's tipper may have more characters missed out just like Rosalina. So I am hoping for at least a few more newcomers, but who knows.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Not sure if this quite belongs here but I believe that the Balloon fight stage could quite easily be R.O.B.s All-Star stage and as such, hint at him returning. just look at the past.

G&W represents the G&W system and as such, gets stages based on games from that.
R.O.B. represents the NES system and got an old school looking stage based on the NES/arcade game Mario Bros, and now we have another old school stage that retains its NES look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssnw2GA657s
That's a cool theory. I'm hoping there's a Gyromite stage too this time around, maybe on the Wii U.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I promise I'm not meaning to single anyone out here when I say this, but why do people think that, assuming the Sal rumor is valid, that Sakurai is intentionally disregarding the fans, or that it's surprising at all? Sure, some of the newcomer choices are out of left field (Wii Fit Trainer?), but Nintendo isn't the same company is was 5-6 years ago when Brawl came out. The roster of Smash Bros has always been a reflection of where Nintendo was the previous console generation or so, and the Wii was the era of the casual. The Wii U has never been able to pull that off, and it has been that way from the start. The Wii U released in November 2012, and development on Smash Bros. started 7-8 months earlier around April-March. I'm a developer, but not a game developer, and especially for a game of this size, I'm not sure how long the planning stages last, but it's entirely possible that the poor sales of the Wii U threw a curveball in Smash Bros. development post release, or possibly even earlier.. considering the lackluster final few years of the Wii's lifecycle, maybe even from the beginning.

I've said it in other places, and I was considering writing a thread about it, but I strongly feel that this Smash Bros. game is basically a study in Nintendo marketing. I could go into depth about aspects of the game other than the leaks that prove this, but to avoid going off-topic, I will stick mostly to my thoughts on the Sal rumor(s).

Sal provided us with the following as being included in the roster: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Greninja and Chorus Men (whatever that is). To say that Villager, Little Mac, Palutena and especially Megaman are not fan-favorites for this game is incredibly incorrect. Perhaps they aren't all the Diddy Kong, King Dedede, or Sonic, or whoever compared to Brawl, but they definitely are some of the fan favorites. (Villager is somewhat questionable, but pretty much only because of Sakurai's previous statements.. Pre-Brawl, Animal Crossing characters were very highly requested.) Pac-Man fits the bill for Sakurai's "legendary" status 3rd-party characters, and he's working with Namco-Bandai.. plus he'd previously appeared in Mario Kart, but I won't discuss him because it doesn't really speak to my point. Let's look at the other characters, though:

Mii - Modern Nintendo's crown jewel. These characters almost single-handedly sold the Wii, or at least kickstarted the sales of it. Whether or not it was the avatar aspect of them or simply because they were a part of Wii Sports, to say these don't help define that generation of games is almost foolish. Nintendo's goal with the Wii U was to cater to the "hardcore" crowd, but they want to keep their casual player-base, also, and Miis are basically synonymous with the casual crowd. So what do they do? They take a game largely associated with their "hardcore" crowd with Smash Bros., and bring in the Miis to draw more casual players to it. It's that simple.

Shulk - whether or not he appears in the upcoming game, X, is unknown at this time, but it's impossible for Nintendo to not recognize that Xenoblade Chronicles struck a chord with their hardcore players, which as I just said, was their goal with the Wii U. It's possible that Monolith studios and Nintendo are planning to make this series their big new IP that fans have been clamoring for, and including a reference to it in one of their already hardcore games (Smash Bros.) is a fantastic way to do that. Not to mention that Shulk is actually kind of a fan favorite character.

Chrom - Fire Emblem Awakening sold well, duh. Need I say more? They want to continue the success of one of their longest-running game franchises. Awakening was going to be the last game in the series if it didn't sell well. (Chrom, like Shulk, is also popular as well).

Greninja/Pokemon from X/Y - Something I didn't put in my initial posting, but will add to continue my point. Roy aside (and sort of Lucario), It is pretty unprecedented in Smash Bros. to have new content featured in the games.. and by that I mean, all the stages/items/characters/etc. generally, as stated above, reflect the last gen games. Pokemon X and Y is only six months old, but it has always had huge hype surrounding it as it caters to old and new fans alike. The Pokemon game doesn't really any more promotion surrounding it.. it obviously can sell itself at 12 million copies sold. Greninja is here to market FOR Smash Bros.

Chorus Men - I don't even... Since we don't really know what was meant by this, it's hard to speak on it. Rhythm Heaven could be a game Sakurai likes, or one of the lead Namco guys likes, who knows? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that it can and will help draw fans to look up what game it's from and look to the smaller game series that Nintendo has. I don't really know what to think of it, but on a personal note, I wouldn't be unhappy with him.

Plenty of things about the way this game is being shown and developed say that they're using it as a giant marketing tool (unprecedented inclusion of current game content (Pokemon X/Y, Pikmin 3, etc), linking to game websites on character pages, etc.), but at the same time, it hasn't abandoned the fans. At the end of the day, Nintendo is running a business and if they are finally seeing that using Smash Bros. to help out sales is the way to go, then all of this makes sense. Sal's rumors fully follow in line with everything I've been seeing from this game so far, and that's even more proof, in my mind at least, to the legitimacy of it. To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't already been doing that.

tl;dr - Nintendo is using Smash Bros. as a marketing tool and Sal's rumor seems even more legitimate because of it.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
^Sounds good, I really hope this Sal Romano leak is true, It would be an amazing roster.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I promise I'm not meaning to single anyone out here when I say this, but why do people think that, assuming the Sal rumor is valid, that Sakurai is intentionally disregarding the fans, or that it's surprising at all? Sure, some of the newcomer choices are out of left field (Wii Fit Trainer?), but Nintendo isn't the same company is was 5-6 years ago when Brawl came out. The roster of Smash Bros has always been a reflection of where Nintendo was the previous console generation or so, and the Wii was the era of the casual. The Wii U has never been able to pull that off, and it has been that way from the start. The Wii U released in November 2012, and development on Smash Bros. started 7-8 months earlier around April-March. I'm a developer, but not a game developer, and especially for a game of this size, I'm not sure how long the planning stages last, but it's entirely possible that the poor sales of the Wii U threw a curveball in Smash Bros. development post release, or possibly even earlier.. considering the lackluster final few years of the Wii's lifecycle, maybe even from the beginning.

I've said it in other places, and I was considering writing a thread about it, but I strongly feel that this Smash Bros. game is basically a study in Nintendo marketing. I could go into depth about aspects of the game other than the leaks that prove this, but to avoid going off-topic, I will stick mostly to my thoughts on the Sal rumor(s).

Sal provided us with the following as being included in the roster: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Greninja and Chorus Men (whatever that is). To say that Villager, Little Mac, Palutena and especially Megaman are not fan-favorites for this game is incredibly incorrect. Perhaps they aren't all the Diddy Kong, King Dedede, or Sonic, or whoever compared to Brawl, but they definitely are some of the fan favorites. (Villager is somewhat questionable, but pretty much only because of Sakurai's previous statements.. Pre-Brawl, Animal Crossing characters were very highly requested.) Pac-Man fits the bill for Sakurai's "legendary" status 3rd-party characters, and he's working with Namco-Bandai.. plus he'd previously appeared in Mario Kart, but I won't discuss him because it doesn't really speak to my point. Let's look at the other characters, though:

Mii - Modern Nintendo's crown jewel. These characters almost single-handedly sold the Wii, or at least kickstarted the sales of it. Whether or not it was the avatar aspect of them or simply because they were a part of Wii Sports, to say these don't help define that generation of games is almost foolish. Nintendo's goal with the Wii U was to cater to the "hardcore" crowd, but they want to keep their casual player-base, also, and Miis are basically synonymous with the casual crowd. So what do they do? They take a game largely associated with their "hardcore" crowd with Smash Bros., and bring in the Miis to draw more casual players to it. It's that simple.

Shulk - whether or not he appears in the upcoming game, X, is unknown at this time, but it's impossible for Nintendo to not recognize that Xenoblade Chronicles struck a chord with their hardcore players, which as I just said, was their goal with the Wii U. It's possible that Monolith studios and Nintendo are planning to make this series their big new IP that fans have been clamoring for, and including a reference to it in one of their already hardcore games (Smash Bros.) is a fantastic way to do that. Not to mention that Shulk is actually kind of a fan favorite character.

Chrom - Fire Emblem Awakening sold well, duh. Need I say more? They want to continue the success of one of their longest-running game franchises. Awakening was going to be the last game in the series if it didn't sell well. (Chrom, like Shulk, is also popular as well).

Greninja/Pokemon from X/Y - Something I didn't put in my initial posting, but will add to continue my point. Roy aside (and sort of Lucario), It is pretty unprecedented in Smash Bros. to have new content featured in the games.. and by that I mean, all the stages/items/characters/etc. generally, as stated above, reflect the last gen games. Pokemon X and Y is only six months old, but it has always had huge hype surrounding it as it caters to old and new fans alike. The Pokemon game doesn't really any more promotion surrounding it.. it obviously can sell itself at 12 million copies sold. Greninja is here to market FOR Smash Bros.

Chorus Men - I don't even... Since we don't really know what was meant by this, it's hard to speak on it. Rhythm Heaven could be a game Sakurai likes, or one of the lead Namco guys likes, who knows? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that it can and will help draw fans to look up what game it's from and look to the smaller game series that Nintendo has. I don't really know what to think of it, but on a personal note, I wouldn't be unhappy with him.

Plenty of things about the way this game is being shown and developed say that they're using it as a giant marketing tool (unprecedented inclusion of current game content (Pokemon X/Y, Pikmin 3, etc), linking to game websites on character pages, etc.), but at the same time, it hasn't abandoned the fans. At the end of the day, Nintendo is running a business and if they are finally seeing that using Smash Bros. to help out sales is the way to go, then all of this makes sense. Sal's rumors fully follow in line with everything I've been seeing from this game so far, and that's even more proof, in my mind at least, to the legitimacy of it. To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't already been doing that.

tl;dr - Nintendo is using Smash Bros. as a marketing tool and Sal's rumor seems even more legitimate because of it.
I agree with this. When I started seeing those "want to know more about X character?" I started getting this BAD feeling. Its full blown marketting now.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I agree with this. When I started seeing those "want to know more about X character?" I started getting this BAD feeling. Its full blown marketting now.
This is why I feel like Sakurai has made the statements that he's made concerning the game:
"Can't bring back every character from previous games."
"The amount of stress I feel [about choosing characters], it's almost to the brink of death"

He knew about the backlash he got for the roster in Brawl, and knew he wouldn't have time to put in every character fans really wanted and the demands from Nintendo. It's incredibly difficult to please everyone.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is Sakurai facing much backlash for cutting Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur? If he has, it's not much. Everyone knows that Charizard was the best of the 3. Not to mention he has gotten constant love from Game Freak throughout the years.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's incredibly difficult to please everyone.
There is a certain truth to this. On the other hand, characters like WFT and the Chorus Men, characters with very low or non-existant demands, weren't put in to please any fan demands, but for other reasons. I don't think it's just that Sakurai can't please everyone, but that he is hardly unwilling to include characters that aren't there to be crowd-pleasers, such as the Chorus Men and WFT (the Chorus Men are probably only included because Sakurai feels they could contribute something gameplay-wise)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Is Sakurai facing much backlash for cutting Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur? If he has, it's not much. Everyone knows that Charizard was the best of the 3. Not to mention he has gotten constant love from Game Freak throughout the years.
Well no, because for all we know he hasn't cut them.

As of right now, there is absolutely no evidence that they've been cut beyond fan speculation.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
There is a certain truth to this. On the other hand, characters like WFT and the Chorus Men, characters with very low or non-existant demands, weren't put in to please any fan demands, but for other reasons. I don't think it's just that Sakurai can't please everyone, but that he is hardly unwilling to include characters that aren't there to be crowd-pleasers, such as the Chorus Men and WFT (the Chorus Men are probably only included because Sakurai feels they could contribute something gameplay-wise)
Wii Fit Trainer was shown in June 2013, and Wii Fit U launched in November, 5 months later, even though it was supposed to be released earlier. Wii Fit sold like crazy among casual fans. The trainer isn't surprising.

My question about the Chorus Men is this.. as I have never played Tekken or Soul Calibur, etc., is there a rhythm-based character that could inspire the Chorus Men's moveset?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Wii Fit Trainer was shown in June 2013, and Wii Fit U launched in November, 5 months later, even though it was supposed to be released earlier. Wii Fit sold like crazy among casual fans. The trainer isn't surprising.

My question about the Chorus Men is this.. as I have never played Tekken or Soul Calibur, etc., is there a rhythm-based character that could inspire the Chorus Men's moveset?
I can't answer the Chorus Men question as I don't know. But I do agree about the Wii Fit Trainer and I consider her to be an excellent addition to the cast.

PS: I like your support of Isaac.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well no, because for all we know he hasn't cut them.

As of right now, there is absolutely no evidence that they've been cut beyond fan speculation.
Well...
- No Form Switching Characters (meaning Pokemon Trainer, the avatar, is cut)
- Greninja is a Water Pokemon as well as a 2nd stage Pokemon like Charizard (meaning there's no point to Squirtle or Blastoise)
- That leaves Ivysaur in no man's land in regards to a roster spot. Either being replaced by a 2nd stage Grass Pokemon or nothing.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I preferred Squirtle to Charizard, but pokemon trainer wasn't one of my mains so I'm not too bent out of shape about it.

Squirtle has to compete with Greninja now and Ivysaur doesn't really have any merits of its own.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well...
- No Form Switching Characters (meaning Pokemon Trainer, the avatar, is cut)
- Greninja is a Water Pokemon as well as a 2nd stage Pokemon like Charizard (meaning there's no point to Squirtle or Blastoise)
- That leaves Ivysaur in no man's land in regards to a roster spot. Either being replaced by a 2nd stage Grass Pokemon or nothing.
- No Form Switching characters is right, Sakurai said and I quote "All characters who used to change forms mid match, will no longer change". No sign of anyone being cut with that line.
- Greninja plays nothing like Squirtle and we've 2 of the same pokemon type playable in a Smash game before.
- That third point hinges on the validity of the first two points, which they aren't.

So yeah, you're still just speculating. Their status is exactly the same as every other unconfirmed veteran until we know the full roster.

Ike_n_Ike

Smash Cadet
Could someone:

A: Post the Sal leak,
B: Offer a link to the Sal leak or
C: Verbally direct me where to go to view the Sal leak.

I would sincerely appreciate it!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Could someone:

Shulk
Chrom
Palutena
Chorus Men
"Pokemon from X and Y".

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

I have played many fighting games but I have never seen a rhythm-based fighter. The only thing that comes close is the Donkey Kong final smash and that was just a final smash. I'm under the assumption that this was some kind of a company request.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Could someone:

I can do A:

Before the E3 trailer, someone said that Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii, "Animal Crossing guy" Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer would be revealed, then not long before the direct, he said Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus men and "gen 6 pokemon" would be playable and that Pac Man and Mii are still playable.

I should also note that the guy saying this isn't actually the one leaking but is instead being contacted by someone else.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I can do A:

Before the E3 trailer, someone said that Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii, "Animal Crossing guy" Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer would be revealed, then not long before the direct, he said Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus men and "gen 6 pokemon"POKEMON X / Y would be playable and that Pac Man and Mii are still playable.

I should also note that the guy saying this isn't actually the one leaking but is instead being contacted by someone else.
even though its still the same thing :p

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
We don't have many other retros to choose from, he's following the trends of ROB and appearing in other Nintendo games. Come on, use your brain, that's all people are asking.
There are plenty of choices from Nintendo's rich history to pick. Takamaru is just the guy Smashboards has decided to latch on to. He's no more likely than any of the other choices.

Last edited:

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
We don't have many other retros to choose from, he's following the trends of ROB and appearing in other Nintendo games. Come on, use your brain, that's all people are asking.
First of all, I don't think there necessarily has to be a "retro" character. As I've said before, the Ice Climbers are really the only smash characters that fit in this mold. ROB and Game and Watch are important to Nintendo's history; Pit had two games and years of demand for a sequel. It's pretty obvious at this point that Sakurai's choices are based on what he feels like is best, not on whatever rules the fans construct for him. And even if there is going to be a retro character, he's hardly the only possible one.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
This game is a different story almost all the highly demanded characters or all stars as some people call it are already in, the only two left is ridely and k rool. I know there some characters that are wanted but look around read some threads and tell me that there are on the same level of popularity as them two. On a buisness standpoint does ignoring there inclusion a good buisness move?
I would like to remind you that Sakurai don't pick the characters based on their popularity only. He kept looking for unique qualities in those characters as well. That's why it's extremely important for Sakurai to pick the characters with unique qualities so they could stand out comparing to veterans rather than cookie cutter characters.

Look at newcomers

Little Mac - He's a beast on the ground with few serious flaws which is mostly landed on recovery and aerial battles. Yeah, he is one of Western's most wanted character but he was able to provided an unique gameplay for Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer - At first, she surely look like a cookie cutter character, but now we found out about her deep breathing technique so basically she is boost character where she have to activated the move in order to power up her other attacks. Also her franchise is extremely popular everywhere along with casual players. Her franchise is 6th best selling wii game, so basically the franchise have sold over 22M.

Villager - One of most wanted characters all over the worldwide. People kept clamoring for Animal Crossing representative ever since pre-Brawl hype.

Mega Man - One of most legendary and popular third-party character despite the fact that Capcom kept mismanaged the franchise. He is one of most requested character over the worldwide.

Rosalina & Luma - Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy protagonist. Both games are pretty much successful, so both games have been sold over 18M. She have been gaining a lot of popularity lately. I admitted that she is one of unexpected character for me at least, along with Greninja. Look at her gameplay, she actually brought a unique moveset into this game, which is Puppetmaster which work similar to Carl from Blazblue or Any Stand from JoJo Fighting game.

Greninja - I admitted that I'm mind blown by his inclusion. We finally got a true Ninja character; at best, A NINJA FROG. Yeah, Greninja is one of most recently character that have became playable character, so I can't really defend him that much however you have to face the fact that Pokemon X/Y have been sold over 12M which is pretty impressive sales in the video game industry. Also Greninja is one of most popular pokemon in X/Y. Sometime I wonder if they were planning ahead to push Froakie and it's evolution line since we're aware of the fact that Ash had Froakie in his team. Maybe, Maybe not. About his moveset, it's pure ninja moveset which excited me since every time he acted out the moves with streak of badassness.

I wouldn't comment on rumored characters unless they becomes 100% confirmed but you have to look at aspect where they came from. They could be there due to popularities, unique movesets or mechanism, or their importance to franchise and Nintendo history. Actually, I would say Sakurai and the teams did fantastic job with characters inclusions so far.

I don't remember words to words, but Sakurai said that he felt that Smash Bros could be boring game if he had to bring all of the popular and highly demanded characters in the game. I would agreed with him fully because I can't imagine the Smash without Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, etc because they brought so much histories to the Smash Franchise.

I know you have been wanting Ridley to be in the game so much, but I think you shouldn't fret too much right now until we see the final roster which is like 4 or 5 months away. Basically, it's wait and see game for us to see if the rumors and leaks are real or not; and how good the roster would be. Just be patience and tough it out for 4-5 months so who know Sakurai could surprise you with playable Ridley or not.

Advice: Patience is Virtue.

Edited: I apologized for being off topic but I think people shouldn't take rumors and leaks 100% serious until we are so sure that they are real. It's fun to reading the rumors and leaks to see what people would trying so hard to fake the list, but at same time when it come to leaks that have potentially to be real; it's great thing to keep it in our minds so we can be prepare for the reveals.

Last edited:

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
It's not entirely fair to place Brawl era users' complaints on the same level as these modern ones. Brawl added the vast majority of widely-desired newcomers, with no single snubs standing out above the rest (with one or two snubs being of mere fads), whereas this game looks to have added a smaller quantity of widely-desired newcomers, with two of the snubs standing out as particularly noteworthy.
I think you're forgetting just how much backlash there was over the roster back then. People said some pretty nasty things about Sakurai, got very angry over ROB and Wolf, etc. And if the Sal leak is final, are there really any major missing characters besides Ridley and K. Rool? As I've said before, I don't think the fixation on Takamaru has ever made much sense. Maybe Dixie Kong I guess. I'll be disappointed about Ridley if he doesn't make it, but it's not a dealbreaker (and it's debatable whether you could make him feel like Ridley and keep him balanced).

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility that there are more characters we don't know. Yes, Rosalina came "between leaks", but the information has been piecemeal and it's possible he hasn't said all the characters. Maybe his source has only found out about the characters in groups, who knows. Right now, we just don't know. I'm pessimistic about Ridley's chances now and I don't expect more than a handful of extras beyond the leak if there are any, but I'm not ruling him out.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's probably nothing but I have several friends who swear up and down that Chrom was hidden in the Direct. It's probably just Marth but did anyone notice any footage that could potentially be Chrom? It's probably a wild goose chase but they don't want to believe me for whatever reason.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's probably nothing but I have several friends who swear up and down that Chrom was hidden in the Direct. It's probably just Marth but did anyone notice any footage that could potentially be Chrom? It's probably a wild goose chase but they don't want to believe me for whatever reason.
There are countless of maniacs (maniac is a good thing!) scanning Smash things like this frame by frame, so I really doubt that. :/

However, Nintendo did say we 'missed' something, so it's not entirely impossible there's a hidden Chrom somewhere. Do tell if you find any.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
There are plenty of choices from Nintendo's rich history to pick. Takamaru is just the guy Smashboards has decided to latch on to. He's no more likely than any of the other choices.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. He's about as likely as any other retro rep.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Some guys probably were half-asleep during the direct and thought Arena Ferox footage = Chrom.

----

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Zero.

As for this thread ... I really hope this Sal leak is wrong. Although I've been absent from here, it's very annoying to see the butthurt over a potentially fake roster. I don't believe it till I see it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There are countless of maniacs (maniac is a good thing!) scanning Smash things like this frame by frame, so I really doubt that. :/

However, Nintendo did say we 'missed' something, so it's not entirely impossible there's a hidden Chrom somewhere. Do tell if you find any.
Spoiler:

He's in the Pokemon Crowd, right behind Mewtwo, who is behind Palkia. :troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I wholeheartedly agree with this. He's about as likely as any other retro rep.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai sometime say that he most likely WOULD be in Smash if he had a new game?

@ Pazzo. Pazzo.
He hides behind my beloved waifu Palkia?! Damn cheater.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not that I remember. It's not something that I can imagine him saying.
But I'm sure there was SOMETHING like that. I'm sure someone else here knows what I'm talking about. :/

But either way, at least Takamaru got a part in NintendoLand. Without actually appearing himself...

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
But I'm sure there was SOMETHING like that. I'm sure someone else here knows what I'm talking about. :/

But either way, at least Takamaru got a part in NintendoLand. Without actually appearing himself...
There was, on the melee japanese site someone asked for a samurai character and Sakurai was like "Takamaru? And said that he could appear as a playable character if he appeared in more games" I also sent him a tweet or two in Japanese explaining interest in him growing in the west. I think he is in though because he isn't on the Wii U virtual console yet, for what appears to be no reason while most of the other classic NES Famicom titles are up by now. The 48 character roster is probably garbage (remember him saying it may change? Which it really can't because 2 games depend on it), like I've been saying, people keep obsessing over it, when the Kart leak isn't even agreed upon.

I sent him these tweets like before the games were announced and said if he made anymore smash games to try and include him.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Can we take complaints about K. Rool and Ridley not being in to the Character Discussion thread?

There was, on the melee japanese site someone asked for a samurai character and Sakurai was like "Takamaru? And said that he could appear as a playable character if he appeared in more games" I also sent him a tweet or two in Japanese explaining interest in him growing in the west. I think he is in though because he isn't on the Wii U virtual console yet, for what appears to be no reason while most of the other classic NES Famicom titles are up by now. The 48 character roster is probably garbage (remember him saying it may change? Which it really can't because 2 games depend on it), like I've been saying, people keep obsessing over it, when the Kart leak isn't even agreed upon.

I sent him these tweets like before the games were announced and said if he made anymore smash games to try and include him.
The 48-character leak is most likely nonsense, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom