• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Did you even bother to read what I posted earlier?

Because I already explained this and I really don't want to have to explain it yet again...
Yes, especially the part that said "He could've" in that he could've gotten all the information before hand. I hope you realize that, it clearly is not a fact that he got it before hand.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Rhythm Heaven may not be the most popular franchise (please for the love of all that is holy nobody bring up sales figures) but have you ever thought that it symbolizes a genre that isn't represented?

Just a thought
I would have preferred Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan, but unlike them, Marshal and the Chorus Kids are international. And I'm looking forward to him/them.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Makes a little more sense than "hey just made some lucky guesses ahuh" but I still find that questionable. If he really wanted to mess with people, he could of just put characters like Ridley or K. Rool or ridiculous choices like Tharja or Bayonetta. Instead, he put Little Mac, and Mii and Pac-Man, the latter two aren't that super exciting or weird/strange. If anything, Wii Fit Trainer is that character people would put in their leaks to mess with people, and she turned out to be real.
Perhaps those other three are who he thought would be in the game or his personal choices. I mean, if you were creating a leak, wouldn't you include characters you like?

Maybe, maybe not. Idk, but it's at the very least possible.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Perhaps those other three are who he thought would be in the game or his personal choices. I mean, if you were creating a leak, wouldn't you include characters you like?

Maybe, maybe not. Idk, but it's at the very least possible.
It could be one cruel joke in saying WTF that he ended up getting right completely by accident.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Alright you guys recently, I made a roster that IF Sal's leak and RosalinaX's leaks are true then this is somewhat how the roster will look like.

leak Roster.png

Now this is not 100%. We have NO IDEA who the last 1-2 reps could be if these two people are correct. I put Donkey Kong and Metroid rep just as placeholders for the time being (Because other leaks/hints state there could be one)

Now RosalinaX's leak stated there would be 48 characters and 4 cuts.
So I cut.
  • Squirtle (No more Transformations, and Charizard is here so.... yeah)
  • Ivysaur (Same as above)
  • Snake (Kojima said he would not be there, but he also could be telling a lie as well)
  • Ike (Could be anyone though honestly, I could see Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Falco or even Jiggly getting cut.... but I think Ike or Lucas have the highest chances... Sorry, again not 100% set in stone)
Now if those leaks are correct the roster could look something like that.... Again though one or both of the leaks could be fake and this means nothing. Take it with a grain of salt but don't ignore it.... If you all remember the entire roster of SSBB was leaked but people ignored it because it did not have Krystal, Geno, Ridley, or King K. Rool and it had ROB in it lol. Lets try to be smart now when looking at leaks, not blind birds wanting to get what we think is right.

EDIT: I forgot Ice Climbers LOL!!!! I just added them in, my bad.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Alright you guys recently, I made a roster that IF Sal's leak and RosalinaX's leaks are true then this is somewhat how the roster will look like.

View attachment 12258
Now this is not 100%. We have NO IDEA who the last 2 reps could be if these two people are correct. I put Donkey Kong and Metroid rep just as placeholders for the time being (Because other leaks/hints state there could be one)

So I cut.
  • Snake (Kojima said he would not be there, but he also could be telling a lie as well)
  • Ike (Could be anyone though honestly, I could see Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Falco or even Jiggly getting cut.... but I think Ike or Lucas have the highest chances... Sorry, again not 100% set in stone)
Now if those leaks are correct the roster could look something like that.... Again though one or both of the leaks could be fake and this means nothing. Take it with a grain of salt but don't ignore it.... If you all remember the entire roster of SSBB was leaked but people ignored it because it did not have Krystal, Geno, Ridley, or King K. Rool and it had ROB in it lol. Lets try to be smart now when looking at leaks, not blind birds wanting to get what we think is right.

Amazed at the fact that Ike is once again atop the chopping block. Why?

RODO

Smash Ace
I think saying something like "Ice Climbers are in because of the polar bear enemy" is like saying that we are getting balloon fighter because of the balloon fight stage or a pilot wings character because of the pilot wings stage and items. A series can be represented without a character so let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I did a write-up on that a few days ago.

Alright, I need to know something. Do we 100% know, for certain, as in straight from the mouth of god, that Roy was cut because of time? Everything I see suggests that is simply fanon. Guys, Roy's only persisting popularity is in smash. His time has passed. He only ever was in one game that came out after melee, with a cameo in 7 and a spotpass and dlc rep in awakening, alongside dozens of others including Ike. Roy was a product of his time and the FE series has far more recent and popular reps to pick from. Ike maaaaaay have a shot but Awakening is the next big thing. Ike's legacy has at least lasted longer than Roy's (who's game never even got released in the west) but barely. Chrom, Lucina, Avatar. These characters currently have the stage in their series. Marth's legacy floods Awakening. The most logical occurance will be for Sakurai to keep the legacy character and swap out flavors of the day.

Guys, I know you liked Roy. I get that. And I know Ike is popular. But everyone keeps building up their wishlists and wanting more and more characters and eventually we have to accept that while we want all the FE characters in the game, it just won't happen. Any rumor or leak I see that lists Roy I instantly dismiss.

Let me remind you guys of something. We almost lost Fire Emblem. I almost had to accept one of my favorite video game franchises would end. Awakening and its million sales SAVED the series from annihalation. It makes nothing but sense to include a rep from not only the single most popular game in the series, but from the game that saved that series in the first place.

Maybe we'll get Ike. Maybe. It isn't impossible. But Chrom has Aether, so we don't even need Ike for that. It'll be a miracle if we get Roy. But I can say that if FE is getting another rep, it WILL be either Cheom or Lucina, and since Lucina is a spoiler character, Chrom is more likely. I'm sorry, but this is the reality I see.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think saying something like "Ice Climbers are in because of the polar bear enemy" is like saying that we are getting balloon fighter because of the balloon fight stage or a pilot wings character because of the pilot wings stage and items. A series can be represented without a character so let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
No it isn't. Why? Because in most cases, if a side character is somewhere in the game, so is the main character. This applies to Resetti, as while Villager wasn't playable, he still shows up in Brawl.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, they are pretty darn likely anyways. But yeah.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Ike's problem is there's precedent. From what we understand, the people who make Fire Emblem get the say as to who gets added into Smash, and right now, Chrom's all the rage with Awakening being as popular as it is. Coupled with the fact that we have literally seen 0 PoR/RD stuff and a large handful of Awakening content, it wouldn't surprise me.

One game does not make a pattern, but Ike's chances are about as good as the other 'high risk' characters at the moment, if not a little worse in my opinion.

RODO

Smash Ace
No it isn't. Why? Because in most cases, if a side character is somewhere in the game, so is the main character. This applies to Resetti, as while Villager wasn't playable, he still shows up in Brawl.
Shows up as not playable though, and AC didn't have a playable character at all. I feel like that helps my point more than yours but maybe I misinterpreted what you are saying.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, considering that Rosalina has long proven that the duo problem on the 3DS has been surpassed, which was the only thing potentially holding the Ice Climbers back, AND the fact that the Ice Climbers have been in both Smash games since their introduction in Melee, the Ice Climbers are safe to return, regardless.

Plus, Balloon Fighter or a Pilotwings character have nothing else going for them, so they're not really the same. The Polar Bears are the only Smash Run enemies without a veteran alongside them.

I'd compare it more to the Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge pictures or Samurai Goroh and the Wario ATs.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Is the roster good? Did Sakurai do a good job with this game, or did he just ride the coat tails of the success of his initial brilliant idea? No matter which leaks I assume to be true, I won't know until I play the game.

I'd never heard of Ike (among several others honestly) when I first heard him announced, yet he was such a fun (even if not necessarily practical. I don't know much about the competitive scene) because of his shotgun that looked like a sword. Come on, you know you love hearing that gratifying "Dwoosh!" sound whenever you hit someone.

That said, there are certain things I liked better about Melee. There was a certain feeling I can't describe, that Brawl could never replicate, but in fairness, it never tried to.

So what of this latest entry? Well, it's impossible to say for sure, but if history is anything to go by, it will likely impress me in some ways and disappoint me in others. Having been through three iterations prior, I feel like this is something everyone here should be able to relate to.

Some of us may seem as if we are bowing down to Sakurai (I mean come on just look at my freakin' sig!), but we only do it in order to try to remember our gratitude. If I didn't constantly defend Sakurai at least in my own mind (and thus likely inadvertently do so before others as well), I would be bitter towards him for not living up to my expectations. Sure I overcompensate, but I find it preferable to letting myself belittling a good game designer for making several poor choices. I'm sure I can't be the only Sakurai defender that is only doing so to remember he is but a man, and not some gremlin who cackles at our misfortune.

As for the detractors, they aren't hard to understand either, I should think. Maybe some of them have overstated their position a bit (Because we've never done that, lol!), but I see how our constant defense can grow tiresome, especially when Sakurai has indeed made some poor choices.... some very poor ones at that (*cough* SSE *cough*). As far as I can tell, no one is demanding that Sakurai give them a perfect game. There are just people sharing there disappointment with a community that has more capacity to understand them and their woes then pretty much any other.

Why not just say to one another, "Yeah man, I get it. I don't know if I'd use your wording per se, but some things are going to disappoint, and others are going to be great. Ain't Smash one wild ride?"

Shroob

Sup?
Shows up as not playable though, and AC didn't have a playable character at all. I feel like that helps my point more than yours but maybe I misinterpreted what you are saying.
I think the difference is that the Ice Climbers have appeared in two previous games as playable, unlike Animal Crossing who just got a stage. They actually have a sizable Smash history behind them.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I may have ordered that wrong. What I'm saying is, that if a side character from a game is in, the main character shows up in some way. Whether in be playable, or just visual (like Villager is in brawl). Mr. Saturn (Earthbound) and Polar Bear (Ice Climber) are both characters, and it would make sense that Ness and Ice Climber would be assumed to come back.

An item on the other hand is a bit different. For instance, Lip, her stick has been an item since Melee, and has never been playable. Side-characters point to main characters appearing (not neccesairly playable) but I think Nana and Popo will be playable and not just some stage element. They will show up somewhere for sure though, since a side-character of theirs is in the game.

Hopefully that made more sense.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Alright, I'll take that. But it still doesn't rule out the 'troll' factor.

Also, how many leaks predicted Greninja? The roster was finalized before the first E3 trailer, and probably in 2012.
I'd be surprised if Greninja had been added that early; Pokemon X and Y only came out in October.

RODO

Smash Ace
I may have ordered that wrong. What I'm saying is, that if a side character from a game is in, the main character shows up in some way. Whether in be playable, or just visual (like Villager is in brawl). Mr. Saturn (Earthbound) and Polar Bear (Ice Climber) are both characters, and it would make sense that Ness and Ice Climber would be assumed to come back.

An item on the other hand is a bit different. For instance, Lip, her stick has been an item since Melee, and has never been playable. Side-characters point to main characters appearing (not neccesairly playable) but I think Nana and Popo will be playable and not just some stage element. They will show up somewhere for sure though, since a side-character of theirs is in the game.

Hopefully that made more sense.
Yeah that makes sense, and they should come back really since no one else plays like they do.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah, I'd reckon Sakurai and Gamefreak opened up a slot for an X/Y representative, and chose Greninja later on. Lucario at least had the whole movie push behind him. No one really thought about Greninja that much until he was announced.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd reckon Sakurai and Gamefreak opened up a slot for an X/Y representative, and chose Greninja later on. Lucario at least had the whole movie push behind him. No one really thought about Greninja that much until he was announced.
Why wait? Greninja was finalized long before october and GF may have simply made a gut call on promoting him.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Lucario's game came out 2 years after Brawl's roster was finalized. And I'm pretty sure they had planned on it being Lucario to rep that game back in 2005 when the roster was finalized.
I think you mean before. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006, and Lucario had starred in a movie a year before that.

He was a very well established character by the time he would have been selected for Brawl's roster.

Last edited:

EcoNative

Smash Rookie
I'd be surprised if Greninja had been added that early; Pokemon X and Y only came out in October.
I agree with you. Plus, from the fact that Sakurai emphasized that Greninja was "really, really new" in the pic of the day makes me think he was a really late addition. At least that is what I understand

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Greninja being a part of the finalized roster pre-E3 could also explain why GameFreak didn't want Sakurai to show something off on X and Y's release date. Sakurai or GF though it was too early maybe?

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Greninja's actually the newest character ever added to Smash. There's less than a year between Pokemon XY's release and Smash Bros. 3DS.

We've never seen that happen before.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Greninja being a part of the finalized roster pre-E3 could also explain why GameFreak didn't want Sakurai to show something off on X and Y's release date. Sakurai or GF though it was too early maybe?
Well, considering how Sakurai treats newcomers, I don't think he would've revealed Greninja at that point in time. Maybe a hint like Palutena or Little Mac, but nothing more substantial.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think you mean before. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006, and Lucario had starred in a movie a year before that.

He was a very well established character by the time he would have been selected for Brawl's roster.
My bad, it came out here in 2007. Then he's like Ike, becoming popular right before the fateful day in June (Or July can't remember) of 2005

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

View attachment 12261

Now this is not 100%. We have NO IDEA who the last 1-2 reps could be if these two people are correct. I put Donkey Kong and Metroid rep just as placeholders for the time being (Because other leaks/hints state there could be one)

So I cut.

EDIT: I forgot Ice Climbers LOL!!!! I just added them in, my bad.
Warning: Squirtle and Ivysaur could be considered as one, which means two cuts instead of one. That's a massive disclaimer. (Not that I want that)

Other then that, honestly same criticism I said in post applies there. Other ten that it's great.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yes, especially the part that said "He could've" in that he could've gotten all the information before hand. I hope you realize that, it clearly is not a fact that he got it before hand.
I'm not sure what part of this you're not getting, but there is a part of this you're not getting.

There could be 3-4 people in the chain of this leak, all of the information we're getting could be from 2012 and the 2nd person in the chain could be releasing it slowly over time, having received no ACTUAL new information from the original source since then.

Miyomoto coming up to Sakurai and being like "I want that Rosalina chick in."
And wasn't the list pretty much finalized by then.
In early 2012, or possibly even before then? And so finalized that Miyamoto couldn't make a request?

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
So I've been lurking here for and finally decided to post.

First, I have a question, has this "Sal" guy posted anything else besides the original post stating his "unlikely predictions"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom