• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a hell of a stretch. Little Mac's last game was 2009, Megaman's was 2010, and Pac-Man just got a new one this year. In Brawl this would have worked but not now.
Do note however that Sakurai is using the Arcade style for Little Mac's promotion and even his alternate skin.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That's a hell of a stretch. Little Mac's last game was 2009, Megaman's was 2010, and Pac-Man just got a new one this year. In Brawl this would have worked but not now.
Fair enough about little mac, though Pac-Man and Mega Man still feel retro to me. Especially because he chose the retro version of Megaman and not any of his new iterations like the ones in his final smash. However, I could see another character taking that retro spot

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I just wish there were more rumors with credibility that weren't text based (probably not gonna happen).
At this point the 3DS version should be going into production in the next month or two, so expect a number of visual leaks not too long after since stores and previewers will be getting copies after the cartridges are made.
It also doesn't seem like a complete newcomer roster because of the distinct lack of a new villain or retro character. I'm not saying that those two details debunks this but it feels like Sakurai made an issue of adding at least one of both categories in the past two games.
As has been mentioned, Little Mac is more than likely our retro character. The classic appearance of Mega Man also sort of constitutes a retro character, as Pac-Man could depending on what version they use if he is indeed in. As for a villain, you've got me there. If Sal is right, I guess Sakurai wasn't too worried about adding anymore villains this time around or something. Probably too busy figuring out how to troll Ridley fans to be bothered with adding any.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If Sal is right, I guess Sakurai wasn't too worried about adding anymore villains this time around or something. Probably too busy figuring out how to troll Ridley fans to be bothered with adding any.
Again, Sal never mentioned Rosalina, if he is right, he probably isn't leaking all the newcomers yet to come

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Added the main three leaks into the main page. For whatever reason, trying to copy the Betternet Leak is causing a lot of coding problems and my end of the website to crash.

Oh ok. When I said "he" in that instance I was talking about his source.

"Maybe [Sal's source] didn't want to ruin the surprise."
It wasn't for your sake I said it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Added the main three leaks into the main page. For whatever reason, trying to copy the Betternet Leak is causing a lot of coding problems and my end of the website to crash.

It wasn't for your sake I said it.
It's the final act of spite of the Betternet leak.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, shouldn't the Chrom leak, NotSakurai leak, E.Gadd leak and Neoseeker 1# leak be canned?

The Chrom leak was admitted to being fake iirc.

The Neoseeker leak mentions Tom Nook as an assist trophy when he is in fact part of Villager's final smash. Due to visual clarification, I can't see two Nooks on the screen that do two different things, especially if Villager is playable. Someone might mistake it for Villager's final smash.

The NotSakurai leak could still be considered 'live' depending on how you view Squirtle and Ivysaur. They seem to be cut, and that leak promises no cuts from Brawl.

Also, the E.Gadd leak mentions A Midna + Wolf Link assist Trophy, but we already have a solo Midna assist Trophy. While not definite, it's still something to consider.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I've been saying that since the Gematsu leak's second prediction.
same here... but no ones pays attention to us...especially when we talk about rumors that cut characters or dont include fan favorites being newcomers...

and then people wonder how the leaks thread turn into NOT talking about leaks.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I think a lot of people who rant about "fan favorites" are ignoring cultural differences: i.e. how NA loves Little Mac, but Japan doesnt; or how Japan really wants shulk, but the majority of the NA fan base probably doesnt even know who that is (we're the vocal minority). Just because someone is popular in your locale doesnt mean they're popular everywhere. It's BECAUSE he's trying to cater to many different groups that some choices seem weird. I mean how many of you knew about Marth and Roy before Melee? Now they're pretty well known and appreciated.

So maybe instead of complaining about how X or Y character isn't included, just try to appreciate what we have and acknowledge that someone else does love them. I, for example, have little love for Pacman outside of Holiday specials and personally hope that if Mii's are in that they're random select (i.e Toon Link with Miiface, mii limbs), but I'd definitely at least try them and get to know they're playstyles.

That being said: any new/interesting rumors? I didnt feel like going through 20+ pages of posts...
so your saying we should love whatever we get? That's just nuts if the roster sucks it sucks, there trying to sale us this game it's not a free gift handed to everyone that wants one. I have to pay 40-60$ for this game the money that could be spent elsewhere. So no I don't have to be grateful with a terribad roster I am going to let my voice be heard instead of kissing the ground sakurai walks on. Anyway the roster choices is strongly japan centric wants while they throw us little mac( which I honestly don't see the appeal of him but happy the fans got what they want) and expect us to be happy.

Aogami

Smash Cadet
Just noticed that who ever started this thread spelled Rumors wrong. :laugh:

Fair enough (definitely is a new point to be discussed over revamping the thread), though it should be said that this discussion is a direct example of Sakurai's warning about over-speculating.
One is US English and the other is British the same applies to similar words like color/colour, flavor/flavour ore words that aren't similar like canceled/cancelled.

It's a difference in dialects but both ways of spelling a considered correct so they can be used either way.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Also, the E.Gadd leak mentions A Midna + Wolf Link assist Trophy, but we already have a solo Midna assist Trophy. While not definite, it's still something to consider.
The E. Gadd leak is fake as all hell anyways.

I mean seriously, Bowser Jr., Toad House, and Kamek all as Assist trophies while still keeping the Hammer Bro? I'm not usually one to complain about Mario saturation, but holy ****, that's almost as many Mario CHARACTERS as we have.
EDIT: Almost forgot we have Chain Chomp confirmed already, meaning if this leak is correct, we WILL have as many Mario Assist trophies as Mario characters. Jesus.

And speaking of which, E. Gadd being a playable character is not only incredibly odd, but we already know Luigi uses the Poltergust, so why would he? Not to mention that there are so many more worthy Mario characters, like the aforementioned Bowser Jr.

And don't get me started on playable Tingle.

Couple all this with the Midna discrepancy, and I'm calling total BS on this one.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
True or False, this is awesome press for Gematsu. If it turns out to be false, it's a very clever, and lucky, advertisement for his site.

D

Deleted member

so your saying we should love whatever we get? That's just nuts if the roster sucks it sucks, there trying to sale us this game it's not a free gift handed to everyone that wants one. I have to pay 40-60$ for this game the money that could be spent elsewhere. So no I don't have to be grateful with a terribad roster I am going to let my voice be heard instead of kissing the ground sakurai walks on. Anyway the roster choices is strongly japan centric wants while they throw us little mac( which I honestly don't see the appeal of him but happy the fans got what they want) and expect us to be happy.
None of us are kissing the ground that Sakurai walks on at all. But on the other hand, we're not needlessly ******** about it either. It's completely fine if you dislike the roster, but you don't have to feel the need to voice your displeasure, because frankly, it's annoying.
Again, sorry about the mini-modding, but if you want to continue talking about the roster, take it elsewhere. This thread is on thin ice already.

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
So no thoughts on that leak I found the other day and we're declaring it DoA?

If only to help get this thread back on topic and it seems the Sal leak is being discussed to death again

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You guys know how much I'm a believer in the gematsu leaks but man am I getting sick of the back and forth in this thread.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well it doesn't seem as if we're going to be getting individual character DLC if the Smash 6 job postings are anything to go by.

Touma

Smash Rookie
Sorta off topic, sorta not but two questions:

1: How much of the Brawl roster was leaked and accurate?

2: Did we know all of Brawl's roster before release? Sakurai seems like he's showing off a lot here. I usually don't mind spoilers but at some point in the game I'd like to uncover a new fighter that hasn't been shown.

About Sal's first leak, I think it's important to note that his NeoGAF post wasn't presented as a leak. His post clearly says "unlikely predictions." So him calling Villager "Animal Crossing Guy" shouldn't be held against him. A lot more people would know who he's referring to if he said Animal Crossing Guy as opposed to Villager, because it creates an image of the most generic character in the Animal Crossing series, which is what the "Villager" is outside of Smash 4. Wii Fit Trainer on the other hand is a name that makes sense as soon as you hear it, which is probably why he left it as is, but it's also very specific. I can think of a few more names I would have given WFT before Wii Fit Trainer.

I also think it's funny that "Pokémon from X/Y" is the only character in the second leak that wasn't specified, yet it ended up being the first one that was revealed... And only a few hours later no less. I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe he didn't want to ruin the surprise of a character that was going to get revealed literally hours later. It would have helped his credibility to actually name Greninja instead of being vague, but a funny thing I've noticed about legit leakers is that they don't care about credibility/instant gratification, because they know they're right and will get proven right eventually. They hardly ever defend themselves when something comes up that would make people doubtful, because they have no reason to. Most fakers have overly long stories and inconsistent/nonsensical explanations about how they know what they know and about why they're right. Both Sal and his source just drop info a and leave it at that. No desperate defense, no subsequent explanations, no contrived backstory.
I don't think "Pokémon from XY" helps his case. If he had any further information about Greninja, such as a physical description, it would be a simple task to figure out his name; ordered by dex number, Greninja is #9 among the new monsters.

Saying "Pokémon from XY" casts a large net like a guesser would do. X and Y introduced around 70 new Pokémon and 30 Mega Evolutions. It was apparent that there would be a new Pokémon in Smash ever since the interview where Sakurai was asked how Pokémon are chosen, and he says the Pokémon Company informs him about who's popular. But, it sounds like Sal's source was afraid to take that 1-in-100 guess that could be debunked at any second, so he left it vague and sure to be true. (He pulled this same thing with "Animal Crossing guy" since that could apply to a generic villager or any number of the popular animal NPCs, like Nook or Slider.)

Had Lucario's Mega Evolution been the only thing shown, he still could have looked "right" with the X/Y guess and be laughing at the scramble we're in to verify his rumor.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

2: Did we know all of Brawl's roster before release? Sakurai seems like he's showing off a lot here. I usually don't mind spoilers but at some point in the game I'd like to uncover a new fighter that hasn't been shown.
I'm curious about this as well, since I wasn't really participating on the boards back then.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
None of us are kissing the ground that Sakurai walks on at all. But on the other hand, we're not needlessly *****ing about it either. It's completely fine if you dislike the roster, but you don't have to feel the need to voice your displeasure, because frankly, it's annoying.
Again, sorry about the mini-modding, but if you want to continue talking about the roster, take it elsewhere. This thread is on thin ice already.
I have the right to voice my displeasure thank you, it not needlessly complaining if something not right I am going to voice it. I still find it ironic that after everyone hating the betternet leak is praising this one.

The Brawl roster indeed leaked in October '07 (or earlier?), in a rumor called the "35 character roster," named such because everyone was expecting over fifty characters and anything less was apparently not worth believing in.

I remember when the very first Brawl owner was sharing screenshots as he unlocked characters, the only one missing was Wolf, and I remember seeing people dig back to that "35 character roster" they had long ago dismissed, jaws dropped that it was correct all along.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... Let's see about this Sal leak. 6 Characters before E3 and 5 before the Direct. Add Rosy and that's 12 newcomers. since transforming characters are split that means there's 39 Brawl veterans. Minus poor Squirtle and Ivysaur that makes 37 and minus Solid Snake that's 36. Altogether that's 48 characters. I think we can all agree that 50 is the absolute maximum bu I don't think we'll get quite that much.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I don't think "Pokémon from XY" helps his case. If he had any further information about Greninja, such as a physical description, it would be a simple task to figure out his name; ordered by dex number, Greninja is #9 among the new monsters.

Saying "Pokémon from XY" casts a large net like a guesser would do. X and Y introduced around 70 new Pokémon and 30 Mega Evolutions. It was apparent that there would be a new Pokémon in Smash ever since the interview where Sakurai was asked how Pokémon are chosen, and he says the Pokémon Company informs him about who's popular. But, it sounds like Sal's source was afraid to take that 1-in-100 guess that could be debunked at any second, so he left it vague and sure to be true. (He pulled this same thing with "Animal Crossing guy" since that could apply to a generic villager or any number of the popular animal NPCs, like Nook or Slider.)
I have no idea about "Pokemon from XY" but "Animal Crossing Guy" really was most likely referring to the Villager. There's no way the guy wouldn't know Tom Nook (other NPCs weren't likely) and if he said "Villager" then nobody would know what he was talking about.

But yeah, I don't know if he's right or not, or why he said "Pokemon from X and Y." I feel like for what it's worth, the two characters we assume he was vague about (Villager, Greninja) are really the only ones with different Japanese names. Could he have not known what their English names were? What is the alleged leaker's role in this?

On the subject of names whatnot, I thought it was kind of interesting how he picked "Wii Fit Trainer," because that IS the character name used in-game. Did Wii Fit Trainer have an official name before Smash?

I dunno, it could be true, or it could be really lucky. It did manage to survive pre-E3 all the way through the direct, but at the same time that could be luck.

Shroob

Sup?

Had Lucario's Mega Evolution been the only thing shown, he still could have looked "right" with the X/Y guess and be laughing at the scramble we're in to verify his rumor.
Not really. One could argue that Mewtwo, who was cut from Melee but has gained a new lease on life due to X and Y, would have been enough representation of 6th gen with Lucario's Mega form and Jigglypuff representing the new typing. The thing is, 6th gen did not NEED a Pokemon to represent it. Mewtwo, Lucario, the Kanto starters and Jigglypuff represent it very well on their own since they all gained something though the 6th generation.

I don't think very many people thought of an actual 6th generation Pokemon as an actual contender simply because until the direct, the idea of cutting Pokemon Trainer seemed a bit outlandish, and Mewtwo was on everyone's mind, so the general consensus was "Brawl + Mewtwo" would be what we got here. Sakurai's teasing of "We're thinking about it" on the topic of Mewtwo only furthered this, along with people for whatever reason classifying Mewtwo as a "Newcomer" despite him not being one.

As for potential X and Y reps, yes, there were over 70 new Pokemon, but only a very, VERY small handful could have been possible.

Chesnaught
Delphox
Greninja
Hawlucha
Pangoro

These Pokemon out of the 70 would be the only ones that would really 'work' in Smash due to their body shape, and out of those, the only one that's popular is Greninja. Obviously this isn't taking into account their pre-evolutions like Braixen or Chespin. Other popular Pokemon like Aegislash, Talonflame or Sylveon just simply could not work due to their body types.

Last edited:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I am not sure if I can believe the second leak of Sal.
While the first one seems true, there is something about the second one that seems to safe. Seeing his list of revealed characters, in combination with his old leak list, it's just too likely that he would have been right. I am sure he knew about the Palutena leak, so naming her as a character in his newest leak is safe (seeing as how it seems confirmed that she is, it might have been likely she could have been shown in the smash direct). Adding a X and Y pokemon is also easy, I wasn't 100% expecting an X and Y pokemon with Lucario being kept for sm4sh, but I thought it was very likely. Pokemon always got a current gen rep in smash, and X and Y are still very recent and still will get their third versions, so the X and Y versions will still be relevant for a while.

I just think it was very likely that any of the characters he mentioned could have been shown in the direct, except of Shulk and Chorus Men (and maybe Chrom). If pac man was shown, everybody would still believe his newest leak true and say that these will be revealed at a later date. With Shulk and Chrom he added two characters a lot of people having been asking for, and chorus men is just his wii fit trainer this time, making everybody go 'oh wow, that is so random it must be true'.

I just think, he might be using the credibility of his first leak for his second leak. If any other character from his leak gets revealed (other than Palutena, because her screen leaks pretty much confirm her anyway and Sal might have known of these screens so adding her to his list shouldn't give him any credibility to his second leak) I will believe his second leak, but for now, I won't.

D

Deleted member

I have the right to voice my displeasure thank you, it not needlessly complaining if something not right I am going to voice it. I still find it ironic that after everyone hating the betternet leak is praising this one.
We're all assuming the most recent leak is the final roster, when we don't actually know yet, despite Sal's credibility. IMO we should only believe something if it comes from the devs themselves, and this thread doesn't need to exist at all. Plus, it's only your opinion that the roster is bad, even though many others would disagree. So yes, it is needless ********, you claim something is 'not right' even though nothing is wrong. Sakurai and the devs have done nothing to wrong you, and they have promised you nothing, so stop acting like they have.
Again, if you want to continue this frankly pointless discussion, take it somewhere else, or leave it to PMs. This thread doesn't need our help to get it locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. One could argue that Mewtwo, who was cut from Melee but has gained a new lease on life due to X and Y, would have been enough representation of 6th gen with Lucario's Mega form and Jigglypuff representing the new typing. The thing is, 6th gen did not NEED a Pokemon to represent it. Mewtwo, Lucario, the Kanto starters and Jigglypuff represent it very well on their own since they all gained something though the 6th generation.

I don't think very many people thought of an actual 6th generation Pokemon as an actual contender simply because until the direct, the idea of cutting Pokemon Trainer seemed a bit outlandish, and Mewtwo was on everyone's mind, so the general consensus was "Brawl + Mewtwo" would be what we got here. Sakurai's teasing of "We're thinking about it" on the topic of Mewtwo only furthered this, along with people for whatever reason classifying Mewtwo as a "Newcomer" despite him not being one.

As for potential X and Y reps, yes, there were over 70 new Pokemon, but only a very, VERY small handful could have been possible.

Chesnaught
Delphox
Greninja
Hawlucha
Pangoro

These Pokemon out of the 70 would be the only ones that would really 'work' in Smash due to their body shape, and out of those, the only one that's popular is Greninja. Obviously this isn't taking into account their pre-evolutions like Braixen or Chespin.
Well, I'm a stubborn chap so I'd probably add Mega Mewtwo Y and Sylveon to the list of likely fighters just for how they were promoted. There was also the chance of a new Trainer with a new trio, despite the thought of that being repulsive. Froakie and Dedenne are apparently popular now in the cartoon show. There were still a lot of viable guesses as to what would represent X and Y.

I would be a lot more inclined to believe the rumor if it had specifically said Greninja, or even Gekkouga, but it just seems like another instance where Sal's source has squeaked by because of the careful choosing of his words.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I'm a stubborn chap so I'd probably add Mega Mewtwo Y and Sylveon to the list of likely fighters just for how they were promoted. There was also the chance of a new Trainer with a new trio, despite the thought of that being repulsive. Froakie and Dedenne are apparently popular now in the cartoon show. There were still a lot of viable guesses as to what would represent X and Y.

I would be a lot more inclined to believe the rumor if it had specifically said Greninja, or even Gekkouga, but it just seems like another instance where Sal's source has squeaked by because of the careful choosing of his words.
I still wouldn't classify Mega Mewtwo Y as a 'new character' because it is still Mewtwo, just saying. As I said above, I don't see Sylveon really being a potential candidate either since unlike Ivysaur, it's ribbons cannot stretch like Ivysaur's vines, so it'd be incredibly limited due to its four legged nature.

Dedenne was already confirmed as a Pokeball summon long before all of this, so that rules him out as well.

Froakie is a part of the Greninja line, and like I said, Greninja is arguably the most popular 6th generation Pokemon that could work.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
We're all assuming the most recent leak is the final roster, when we don't actually know yet, despite Sal's credibility. IMO we should only believe something if it comes from the devs themselves, and this thread doesn't need to exist at all. Plus, it's only your opinion that the roster is bad, even though many others would disagree. So yes, it is needless *****ing, you claim something is 'not right' even though nothing is wrong. Sakurai and the devs have done nothing to wrong you, and they have promised you nothing, so stop acting like they have.
Again, if you want to continue this frankly pointless discussion, take it somewhere else, or leave it to PMs.
and it's only your opinion that the roster is good, see what I did there it goes both ways. why is it ok for you to claim nothing is wrong but I can't express my distaste for this roster? I am sorry if this hurts your fellings but I think sakurai choices of characters are a disservice to the fanbase.

I have no idea about "Pokemon from XY" but "Animal Crossing Guy" really was most likely referring to the Villager. There's no way the guy wouldn't know Tom Nook (other NPCs weren't likely) and if he said "Villager" then nobody would know what he was talking about.

But yeah, I don't know if he's right or not, or why he said "Pokemon from X and Y." I feel like for what it's worth, the two characters we assume he was vague about (Villager, Greninja) are really the only ones with different Japanese names. Could he have not known what their English names were? What is the alleged leaker's role in this?

On the subject of names whatnot, I thought it was kind of interesting how he picked "Wii Fit Trainer," because that IS the character name used in-game. Did Wii Fit Trainer have an official name before Smash?

I dunno, it could be true, or it could be really lucky. It did manage to survive pre-E3 all the way through the direct, but at the same time that could be luck.
I appreciate your point about WFT's naming. When her name was more conjectural, I called her an "instructor" because the idea of two different "Trainers" in Smash would make it sound like our boy Sakurai has a fetish. I wouldn't say that the name "Wii Fit Trainer" is too hard to guess to the right person, though, since she is simply the trainer from Wii Fit.

I do wonder, though, why Sal's source would be privy to the official name for Wii Fit Trainer but not the official name for Villager, unless he only saw foreign materials where he was labelled Murabito.

Edit: Sorry if you had an alert for this, CB; accidentally had your post quoted.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hmmm... Let's see about this Sal leak. 6 Characters before E3 and 5 before the Direct. Add Rosy and that's 12 newcomers. since transforming characters are split that means there's 39 Brawl veterans. Minus poor Squirtle and Ivysaur that makes 37 and minus Solid Snake that's 36. Altogether that's 48 characters. I think we can all agree that 50 is the absolute maximum bu I don't think we'll get quite that much.
I think we could have all agreed before E3 2013 that the Wii Fit Trainer was never going to be playable.

What we can all agree on doesn't count for much when it comes to Sakurai.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough about little mac, though Pac-Man and Mega Man still feel retro to me. Especially because he chose the retro version of Megaman and not any of his new iterations like the ones in his final smash. However, I could see another character taking that retro spot
You clearly don't keep up with the gaming industry and are very young. Classic Mega Man was chosen because he has the most games on Nintendo and Mega Man 2 is the most popular game. This game is made from the view point of people who have been gaming sense the 80s or so. Mario makes classic jumping sounds, does that make him a retro character? Pac-Man is not a character Sakurai has the ability to recreate which is also a factor. Come on people use your brains. Man the younger generation of gamers are looking really bad these days. This is what happens when all you get is Call of Duty, iOS games and popular franchise rehashes from Nintendo nowadays.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You clearly don't keep up with the gaming industry and are very young. Classic Mega Man was chosen because he has the most games on Nintendo and Mega Man 2 is the most popular game. This game is made from the view point of people who have been gaming sense the 80s or so. Mario makes classic jumping sounds, does that make him a retro character? Pac-Man is not a character Sakurai has the ability to recreate which is also a factor. Come on people use your brains. Man the younger generation of gamers are looking really bad these days. This is what happens when all you get is Call of Duty, iOS games and popular franchise rehashes from Nintendo nowadays.

Maybe you should step down from your high horse. There's no way to tell if he's young or not from that post by itself. I am an old ass gamer and have played all of the classics and still have the same view as him and your post literally expresses the same thing he said which means that you agree with him but you seem to like to put down others in order to "look well" which is something kids do.

Megaman was chosen from his old iterations, he has no ability from any Megaman after Megaman 6 (I think) which means that all of his abilities are older than 2 decades old, plus his design comes from games that apart from 8 and 9 (and not very long ago 10), which are not very popular games, hasn't been seen in longer than 2 decades. This makes Megaman's iteration in this game feel incredibly retro. Which is a good thing.

Sakurai is appealing to all those old gamers who played the classics by making Megaman feel like his old classic Games (1, 2 and 3 specially). This makes him retro.

Also, about Pacman, I didn't even know the guy had games outside of the old classics like Pacman and Mrs. Pacman. This "adventures" thing was completely unknown to me and I bet to many, many others.

Point is, Megaman does feel retro and you yourself admitted that he was based on the old classics literally agreeing with the guy but bashing him and dubbing him a "youngling" just because he shares an opinion which you seem to share too.

Also Mario isn't using his "Jumpman" design and only using abilities from before the first Mario World game with very emotionless movements based on his NES games and nothing else after SNES. If he was, you would bet he would feel very much retro.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
and it's only your opinion that the roster is good, see what I did there it goes both ways. why is it ok for you to claim nothing is wrong but I can't express my distaste for this roster? I am sorry if this hurts your fellings but I think sakurai choices of characters are a disservice to the fanbase.
Please stop speaking for the fanbase. I'm part of that fanbase and, like the person you're arguing with, find your whining annoying.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

The entire Brawl roster was leaked a couple weeks before launch. I believe that the story was that someone stole a disc from the production line but I could be wrong there.

They didn't announce it all, I think there were about 12 characters that weren't announced. Both veterans and newcomers.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Maybe you should step down from your high horse. There's no way to tell if he's young or not from that post by itself. I am an old *** gamer and have played all of the classics and still have the same view as him and your post literally expresses the same thing he said which means that you agree with him but you seem to like to put down others in order to "look well" which is something kids do.

Megaman was chosen from his old iterations, he has no ability from any Megaman after Megaman 6 (I think) which means that all of his abilities are older than 2 decades old, plus his design comes from games that apart from 8 and 9 (and not very long ago 10), which are not very popular games, hasn't been seen in longer than 2 decades. This makes Megaman's iteration in this game feel incredibly retro. Which is a good thing.

Sakurai is appealing to all those old gamers who played the classics by making Megaman feel like his old classic Games (1, 2 and 3 specially). This makes him retro.

Also, about Pacman, I didn't even know the guy had games outside of the old classics like Pacman and Mrs. Pacman. This "adventures" thing was completely unknown to me and I bet to many, many others.

Point is, Megaman does feel retro and you yourself admitted that he was based on the old classics literally agreeing with the guy but bashing him and dubbing him a "youngling" just because he shares an opinion which you seem to share too.

Also Mario isn't using his "Jumpman" design and only using abilities from before the first Mario World game with very emotionless movements based on his NES games and nothing else after SNES. If he was, you would bet he would feel very much retro.
Actually he does have slash claw from 7 and flame sword from 8.
But other than his up tilt and final smash, sakurai is keepin in classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom