• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Again, those pictures are fake. Easily fake. Just do a google search for "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" and you'll see both renders. Sorry man, gotta try harder than that.

Also, have you guys considered that maybe why some of these heavy hitters like Mewtwo, Gannondorf, K. Rool, and Ridley haven't need revealed is because they're saving them for unlockable characters?

I mean think about it. Maybe Sakurai isn't wanting the same disappointment in his fans as what happened in Brawl. Maybe he's leaving some good unlockable characters secret so people actually get even more excited after they buy the game.

Just my two cents. Also, I believe everyone, third-parties aside, on the Smash Bros. website that's revealed right now will be unlocked at the start. That's the same way they did the Brawl site. All characters revealed beforehand were the starting roster. Luigi was a hidden character, and hidden on the site.
How many times do people have to point out Sakurai saying that Luigi was supposed to be kept hidden again only for the Year of Luigi requiring his being shown. Also 3rd Party characters have been said to be unlockable so that's also Sonic and Megaman down. On top of this I wouldn't be surprised to see Shiek and Zamus as easy unlocks because they were shown along with Charizard to highlight that transformations are gone but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see Zelda and Samus twice on the starting roster

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
How many times do people have to point out Sakurai saying that Luigi was supposed to be kept hidden again only for the Year of Luigi requiring his being shown. Also 3rd Party characters have been said to be unlockable so that's also Sonic and Megaman down. On top of this I wouldn't be surprised to see Shiek and Zamus as easy unlocks because they were shown along with Charizard to highlight that transformations are gone but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see Zelda and Samus twice on the starting roster
I predict you will need to fire the zero laser 5 times to unlock Zamus.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think we can all agree that 50 is the absolute maximum bu I don't think we'll get quite that much.
I have no problem believing that we could go over 50. Even with 4 cuts, that requires 17 newcomers; we got 18 in Brawl.

I doubt that Sal's leak contains the final roster even if accurate, as the leaker didn't give us Rosalina.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Charizard was shown under a completely different context than Sheik and ZSS. But other than that I agree with you.

I have no problem believing that we could go over 50. Even with 4 cuts, that requires 17 newcomers; we got 18 in Brawl.

I doubt that Sal's leak contains the final roster even if accurate, as the leaker didn't give us Rosalina.
With the transformations being separated I could see over 50.

This 4 cuts thing has really become prevalent recently. Since when was the MK leaker considered credible for Smash?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I am not sure if I can believe the second leak of Sal.
While the first one seems true, there is something about the second one that seems to safe. Seeing his list of revealed characters, in combination with his old leak list, it's just too likely that he would have been right. I am sure he knew about the Palutena leak, so naming her as a character in his newest leak is safe (seeing as how it seems confirmed that she is, it might have been likely she could have been shown in the smash direct). Adding a X and Y pokemon is also easy, I wasn't 100% expecting an X and Y pokemon with Lucario being kept for sm4sh, but I thought it was very likely. Pokemon always got a current gen rep in smash, and X and Y are still very recent and still will get their third versions, so the X and Y versions will still be relevant for a while.

I just think it was very likely that any of the characters he mentioned could have been shown in the direct, except of Shulk and Chorus Men (and maybe Chrom). If pac man was shown, everybody would still believe his newest leak true and say that these will be revealed at a later date. With Shulk and Chrom he added two characters a lot of people having been asking for, and chorus men is just his wii fit trainer this time, making everybody go 'oh wow, that is so random it must be true'.

I just think, he might be using the credibility of his first leak for his second leak. If any other character from his leak gets revealed (other than Palutena, because her screen leaks pretty much confirm her anyway and Sal might have known of these screens so adding her to his list shouldn't give him any credibility to his second leak) I will believe his second leak, but for now, I won't.
Likely hood doesn't exist Master Chief was as likely as Palutena and others because Sakurai is 1000% random and it's 1000% impossible to guess anything ever even if someone like Mario

[I agree]

Also didn't Sakurai once say the amount of new characters won't be higher than Brawl newcomers once?

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Master Chief? That's about as likely as Shrek. :/

Also, I don't Think he ever said the roster of newcomers will be fewer than Brawl's, but he did say they won't 'just add a bunch of newcomers and will focus on other things', so yeah, I doubt there will be 18 newcomers. However, it would appear that they have gotten very far in such a short time (kinda), so it wouldn't surprise me if they made more newcomers than they first thought.

I expect 12-15 newcomers, personally.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Back to the Palutena leak, it would be useless to compare her model to false Palutena because all the playable characters have brand new models even ones with simple designs like Kirby.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think we could have all agreed before E3 2013 that the Wii Fit Trainer was never going to be playable.

What we can all agree on doesn't count for much when it comes to Sakurai.
lol.....no I would actually think its possible. there are reasosn for most joke characters......well all basically and wft's was so easy to notice.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Master Chief? That's about as likely as Shrek. :/

Also, I don't Think he ever said the roster of newcomers will be fewer than Brawl's, but he did say they won't 'just add a bunch of newcomers and will focus on other things', so yeah, I doubt there will be 18 newcomers. However, it would appear that they have gotten very far in such a short time (kinda), so it wouldn't surprise me if they made more newcomers than they first thought.

I expect 12-15 newcomers, personally.
Yeah, I think like 16 at most.
Also do you know who I was referring to with the likely hood stuff?

Also I will definitely do a comparison to Palutena's Smash and leak model. By now I find her very likely.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I think like 16 at most.
Also do you know who I was referring to with the likely hood stuff?

Also I will definitely do a comparison to Palutena's Smash and leak model. By now I find her very likely.
I actually don't really know what people are talking about here nowdays, but I expected someone talked about Master Chief being possible. :p

And yeah, Psuedo-Palutena is more likely a 'game-rip', so comparisons are not needed with her/it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
lol.....no I would actually think its possible. there are reasosn for most joke characters......well all basically and wft's was so easy to notice.
except no one really thought of WFT ever being playable, maybe Assist Trophy at best.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Regarding the "X & Y Pokemon" in the gematsu leak, the chance could exist that the leaker had some intel on all the newcomers last year & the "X & Y pokemon" spot could have been a placeholder.
Sakurai is a creature of habit and he decides 90% of the roster when he starts with development (Brawl's roster was decided in 2005, only Wolf(due his lack of Victory theme Data) & Sonic had solid proof they were added late in development).

With Greninja it could be that Sakurai decided in 2012 that he wanted a new Pokemon rep, asked Gamefreak to show him designs & just saw potential in a Ninja Frog Pokemon, or he reserved a X/Y pokemon slot,waited after release & asked Gamefreak which of the new Pokemon "made a Splash" with the players & Greninja does make sense due its a fanfavourite in the gen 6 Meta Game & the most Popular Kalos starter.

As for Rosalina, the leaker could be keeping some newcomers for himself & the only way the leak is going to be debunked is if Chorus Men, Mii, Pac Man & Shulk are not playable, so it currently more is a waiting game

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It was easy to notice after she was announced but before nobody really even considered her other than a joke thread in like 2008.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
In terms of the "Pokémon from X/Y" part being "right", I know people are saying he probably just didn't know the name of the Pokémon, but you'd think he could have at least given a description if it were valid info. Saying the frog/ninja frog Pokémon from X/Y would have proved with much more certainty that there was truly a legitimate source behind the information. Accordingly, while I won't be surprised if the leak ends up true, I'm not sold on it at this point.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
The E. Gadd leak is fake as all hell anyways.

I mean seriously, Bowser Jr., Toad House, and Kamek all as Assist trophies while still keeping the Hammer Bro? I'm not usually one to complain about Mario saturation, but holy ****, that's almost as many Mario CHARACTERS as we have.
EDIT: Almost forgot we have Chain Chomp confirmed already, meaning if this leak is correct, we WILL have as many Mario Assist trophies as Mario characters. Jesus.

And speaking of which, E. Gadd being a playable character is not only incredibly odd, but we already know Luigi uses the Poltergust, so why would he? Not to mention that there are so many more worthy Mario characters, like the aforementioned Bowser Jr.

And don't get me started on playable Tingle.

Couple all this with the Midna discrepancy, and I'm calling total BS on this one.
As many Mario characters as ATs could make sense in my eyes it could be expected that each character would at least get an AT from their respective series similar to stages

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As many Mario characters as ATs could make sense in my eyes it could be expected that each character would at least get an AT from their respective series similar to stages
still fake. the Mario ats are chainchomp, waluigi and I think that's it......

kamek is in the amazing smash run.(which has about 7 Mario enemies...)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do note however that Sakurai is using the Arcade style for Little Mac's promotion and even his alternate skin.
I'm aware but Little Mac's design is from the 2009 game which was a completely new installment in the Punch Out franchise. Saying Little Mac is still retro is like saying that Pit is still retro. Also, to other people mentioning, yes, Megaman is in his "classic" form but at the same time that's the last version of him that got a notable game back in 2010. As I said, both are a huge stretch because you basically have to ignore their recent history to classify them as "retro."

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I will never forgive the Sal leak if it's not true and we don't get Shulk. I went from wanting Shulk and thinking he would be this games Isaac (AT material) to really believing he is in. I need him in the game now!!!!!!

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Sorta off topic, sorta not but two questions:

1: How much of the Brawl roster was leaked and accurate?

2: Did we know all of Brawl's roster before release? Sakurai seems like he's showing off a lot here. I usually don't mind spoilers but at some point in the game I'd like to uncover a new fighter that hasn't been shown.

The leak, IIRC, stated Wolf, Rob, and Lucario were playable (With Mewtwo being cut) Also said Dragoon parts were items. All of these proved the leak was dead on, however, before Brawls release, there were several characters we did not know about, such as Toon Link, and Ganondorf.

So we got a handful of accurate leaks, but they did not account for every character, just as the Gematsu leaks likely dont account for every new character in the game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Warning Received

Its what its all about.....lmao...

That's a hell of a stretch. Little Mac's last game was 2009, Megaman's was 2010, and Pac-Man just got a new one this year. In Brawl this would have worked but not now.
You would think that Mii, WFT & Marshall would be enough......

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't get this 'joke character' thing. I doubt Sakurai decides to 'joke' when picking characters. :/ I see no joke in Mr. Game & Watch or ROB or so.

Except for Pichu, which I Think Sakurai kinda said himself was sorta a joke, lol.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Fair enough about little mac, though Pac-Man and Mega Man still feel retro to me. Especially because he chose the retro version of Megaman and not any of his new iterations like the ones in his final smash. However, I could see another character taking that retro spot
Hes gotta look like this in a 2014 HD game to be a Retro character

LMaO people feel like they gotta know a retro when they see one.

balloonfight.jpg

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't get this 'joke character' thing. I doubt Sakurai decides to 'joke' when picking characters. :/ I see no joke in Mr. Game & Watch or ROB or so.

Except for Pichu, which I Think Sakurai kinda said himself was sorta a joke, lol.
rob and mr game and watch are Nintendo history characters.
sakurai also said he thought of wft playable as when he was joking around with someone about having the wii fit board as a way to control characters lol.....though I see her as between joke and history(seeing as her new wii fit U game isn't as popular.)
but she is recent too so she is a great addition imo.

the characters I see as joke but are still graet anyway : jigglypuff, mr g and w(both joke and history), rob(same as before), wft.

and definily marshal/chorus men if they are in *angry face at them*

retro: megaman, ice climbers........to an extent little mac imo,.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Please stop speaking for the fanbase. I'm part of that fanbase and, like the person you're arguing with, find your whining annoying.
Stop spewing this crap. He has a right to complain about a product like you have a right to praise it. It is the complaints that create change for future products. If people thought like you they would have no improvements at all with the online from Brawl. Why is it Nintendo Only fans that do this kind of crap where they blindly worship the company and hate critics?

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Yes; my interest in Smash has always stemmed from the fact that I have a 'Smash experience' I can progress through with my favorite characters. I picked up Melee because of Bowser and DK, then Brawl because of Diddy/Dedede/Wario. But, while others certainly do have those special characters who turn the game into a day one purchase for them (this was a common reaction when Mega Man was revealed, for instance), I no longer do, really. I can play as the same old veterans at my cousin's house, and I can download the undoubtedly fantastic soundtrack online.
Don't despair. Non-****ty Bowser will be like a whole new character in and of himself, and with online 1v1 randoms to boot!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Stop spewing this crap. He has a right to complain about a product like you have a right to praise it. It is the complaints that create change for future products. If people thought like you they would have no improvements at all with the online from Brawl. Why is it Nintendo Only fans that do this kind of crap where they blindly worship the company and hate critics?
er.......hello.

he has the right to feel whetever is good is good. nearly all Nintendo fans......even Nintendo only ones (like me cos im poor lol....though I play pc too) actually see a lot of bad also........

I found your comment really annoying too if im going to be honest.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I could actually see Balloon Fighter being included. He's been considered before, was one of the 3DS ambassador games and has a stage.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I could actually see Balloon Fighter being included. He's been considered before, was one of the 3DS ambassador games and has a stage.
I don't see him as playable. sure he has a stage, but so did electroplankton and picto chat.
mach rider was also considered before........mewtwo too for smash 4.........almost ALL characters ever have been already considered behind the scense.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The main thing with Balloon Fighter is that the Villager took his central gimmick with his recovery move. Though I suppose there are ways around that ad you could do a different moveset, I don't particualarly see it happening I guess.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Hey I found something interesting that I think people didn't notice. Not sure if this is the most appropriate thread but ya.

Anyways in the picture with the centered S flag with Marth on the left and Zss on the right Marths sword is glowing it's not his normal flat sword but it has a very strong glow to it. Check it out.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
"Complaints create change for future products"? His complaint was flat out "the roster sucks" based off a leak we don't even know if real that hasn't supplied the final character amount. (Remember, no Rosalina?) And thats not even a valid complaint, its just an opinion. Someone that loved Animal Crossing, Mega Man, Punch-Out, and Greninja would think the roster was amazing.

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
You guys want to stop criticizing Sal's leak because he missed Rosalina?

It's not like he can give you a full list of everything in the game, he can get into HUGE trouble for even leaking one character.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't want to keep bringing up Ridley and K. Rool, but it really bears repeating as people keep regurgitating the same arguments. (I'm done talking about it though so this it from me.)

Ridley, if he is not in, is not in because Sakurai thinks he wouldn't be a good representation of himself as a playable character. He always show cases the character. He knows people LOVE Ridley, so if he isn't in there is a reason for it. It's not a time reason. It's not a "oh, Marshall needs to be in so lets not plan Ridley" reason. It goes beyond being "too big," I think Ridley would be an awesome playable character but I have seen other Metroid fans argue against him. He is portrayed in the games as, a quick, powerful, imposing figure. It would be hard to really capture that as a playable character. I don't agree with that, but I kind of understand it.

K. Rool you could argue is a victim of development time going to other characters, modes, etc. I would theorize that if he was planned he would be seen as a higher priority character, and that his relative inactivity would be a large part of his absence. You can say relevancy doesn't matter, but if he DOESN'T make it, it probably played a part.

Also, none of the currently announced character count as retro, as they have had games within the last 4 years and modern redesigns. Captain Falcon is more retro then Megaman or Little Mac at this point. There's no rule that we HAVE to get a retro rep, though. I'd really love to see Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, or Takamaru, (or NES Ridley, he's retro AND Ridley, damn it!) but none of them HAVE to make it to meet some imaginary retro quota.

Dairz

Smash Ace
You guys want to stop criticizing Sal's leak because he missed Rosalina?

It's not like he can give you a full list of everything in the game, he can get into HUGE trouble for even leaking one character.
I wasn't criticizing it, I was saying its leaving out some characters because Rosalina wasn't mentioned, and people are treating only the ones he said as the definitive final roster. -.-

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
"Complaints create change for future products"? His complaint was flat out "the roster sucks" based off a leak we don't even know if real that hasn't supplied the final character amount. (Remember, no Rosalina?) And thats not even a valid complaint, its just an opinion. Someone that loved Animal Crossing, Mega Man, Punch-Out, and Greninja would think the roster was amazing.
My top 7 new comers were:

1.) Megaman
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Animal Crossing Character
5.) Palutena
6.) Takamaru
7.) Shulk

Maybe that's why I'm feeling pretty level headed about that leak. If my top 5 were Ridley, K. Rool, Waluigi, Isaac, and Toad I'd probably be raging too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't want to keep bringing up Ridley and K. Rool, but it really bears repeating as people keep regurgitating the same arguments. (I'm done talking about it though so this it from me.)

Ridley, if he is not in, is not in because Sakurai thinks he wouldn't be a good representation of himself as a playable character. He always show cases the character. He knows people LOVE Ridley, so if he isn't in there is a reason for it. It's not a time reason. It's not a "oh, Marshall needs to be in so lets not plan Ridley" reason. It goes beyond being "too big," I think Ridley would be an awesome playable character but I have seen other Metroid fans argue against him. He is portrayed in the games as, a quick, powerful, imposing figure. It would be hard to really capture that as a playable character. I don't agree with that, but I kind of understand it.

K. Rool you could argue is a victim of development time going to other characters, modes, etc. I would theorize that if he was planned he would be seen as a higher priority character, and that his relative inactivity would be a large part of his absence. You can say relevancy doesn't matter, but if he DOESN'T make it, it probably played a part.

Also, none of the currently announced character count as retro, as they have had games within the last 4 years and modern redesigns. Captain Falcon is more retro then Megaman or Little Mac at this point. There's no rule that we HAVE to get a retro rep, though. I'd really love to see Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, or Takamaru, (or NES Ridley, he's retro AND Ridley, damn it!) but none of them HAVE to make it to meet some imaginary retro quota.
retro is just a way of describing characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom