• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't want to keep bringing up Ridley and K. Rool, but it really bears repeating as people keep regurgitating the same arguments. (I'm done talking about it though so this it from me.)

Ridley, if he is not in, is not in because Sakurai thinks he wouldn't be a good representation of himself as a playable character. He always show cases the character. He knows people LOVE Ridley, so if he isn't in there is a reason for it. It's not a time reason. It's not a "oh, Marshall needs to be in so lets not plan Ridley" reason. It goes beyond being "too big," I think Ridley would be an awesome playable character but I have seen other Metroid fans argue against him. He is portrayed in the games as, a quick, powerful, imposing figure. It would be hard to really capture that as a playable character. I don't agree with that, but I kind of understand it.

K. Rool you could argue is a victim of development time going to other characters, modes, etc. I would theorize that if he was planned he would be seen as a higher priority character, and that his relative inactivity would be a large part of his absence. You can say relevancy doesn't matter, but if he DOESN'T make it, it probably played a part.

Also, none of the currently announced character count as retro, as they have had games within the last 4 years and modern redesigns. Captain Falcon is more retro then Megaman or Little Mac at this point. There's no rule that we HAVE to get a retro rep, though. I'd really love to see Mach Rider, Duck Hunt Dog, or Takamaru, (or NES Ridley, he's retro AND Ridley, damn it!) but none of them HAVE to make it to meet some imaginary retro quota.
If we are getting a retro newcomer it would be Mach rider or duck hunt dog greninja may have won the sword fight against takamaru (due to greninjas water ninja stars)

If we get threw 9 weeks of Potd without Ridleys body being shown ridley might be a lock for E3

And I will never be commenced ridley is deconfirmed until sakurai saids so I could not make ridley playable sorry everyone something like that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My top 7 new comers were:

1.) Megaman
2.) Ridley
3.) Little Mac
4.) Animal Crossing Character
5.) Palutena
6.) Takamaru
7.) Shulk

Maybe that's why I'm feeling pretty level headed about that leak. If my top 5 were Ridley, K. Rool, Waluigi, Isaac, and Toad I'd probably be raging too.
I agree with that last statement but heres my top characters :p. they are in the sig but not all!
1.Rosalina and Luma
2.Palutena
3. Chrom
4.Krystal, Shulk, Dixie Kong
5.Ridley, Pacman, Bayonetta
6. Mii.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I understand that but people think we MUST get a retro character, meaning that they see it as a category that must be met.
well there are always those "retro" characters on wislits and supposed leaks.........maybe they just want them lol. its not like they must have one.
by the way........palutena leak, even if fake for some reason SHE IS IN =D

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The main thing with Balloon Fighter is that the Villager took his central gimmick with his recovery move. Though I suppose there are ways around that ad you could do a different moveset, I don't particualarly see it happening I guess.
There's quite a bit you could do with someone who fights with Balloons. Just because Villager has a recovery move based on it doesn't rule him out. I mean, we have 5 sword users in Brawl but we can't have 2 characters that have balloons in their moveset?

Not saying he's in, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Apart from Animal Crossing in Brawl we haven't ever seen a stage for a series that could have a playable character.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
er.......hello.

he has the right to feel whetever is good is good. nearly all Nintendo fans......even Nintendo only ones (like me cos im poor lol....though I play pc too) actually see a lot of bad also........

I found your comment really annoying too if im going to be honest.
I'll actually apologize to you, I don't mean to insult you personally, if you can't afford other consoles that is not anything you can control and it's good to be able to play something at all. But I can't believe that some of these Nintendo Only fanatics have that reason behind them.

In terms of retro characters Sakurai said he would try his best. If the 48 character plus Sal leak is true, he would be failing HORRIBLY.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/2...-old-characters-back-to-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There's quite a bit you could do with someone who fights with Balloons. Just because Villager has a recovery move based on it doesn't rule him out. I mean, we have 5 sword users in Brawl but we can't have 2 characters that have balloons in their moveset?

Not saying he's in, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Apart from Animal Crossing in Brawl we haven't ever seen a stage for a series that could have a playable character.
While It doesn't rule him out that Villager uses his balloons, it does make him extremely unlikely. Of course, there are plenty of characters with swords. But a sword is more standard. The Fighter's Balloons is basically the whole character, and Villager does exactly what he would probably do for his Up Special, and/or much of his moveset. So Villager takes away a lot of what would make Balloon Fighter into a unique character. He took that makes him what he is, basically. ^^

This isn't rumor related, though, so I'll leave it at that. Any recent rumors after those very believeable PacMan leaks?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I honestly think that Mewtwo, Ridley, and Takamaru are all gonna be in. Am I the only one who's still optimistic?
You're not. However this isn't exactly the thread for optimism.
-
Expect big changes/updates coming soon to the first post/this thread.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm bored of this. This thread is just about people arguing over the merits of the Sal leak, the only theoretical leak available, and arguing on why the roster if the leak is true sucks or not.

Can only take so many hundred pages of that :p.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Stop spewing this crap. He has a right to complain about a product like you have a right to praise it. It is the complaints that create change for future products. If people thought like you they would have no improvements at all with the online from Brawl. Why is it Nintendo Only fans that do this kind of crap where they blindly worship the company and hate critics?
If he has the right to complain, then I have the right to tell him his complaining is annoying. Also, don't presume to know how I think. That is also annoying.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's hard to post in this thread and not talk about characters and rosters. So very, very, hard.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The Sal leak definitely seems to be legit at this point as far as I'm concerned. I don't know much at all about Elite Beat Agents, but those who do seem happy about the Chorus Man/Men, and that does seem in line with something Sakurai would do, so I will be a-OK with it, especially if it means we will get Palutena. The fact that the leak doesn't mention Ridley plus his boss tease seems like the nail in the coffin, but Sal never mentioned Rosalina, and there's always a possibility of an Alphonso type scenario, so I'm still holding onto hope.
Speaking of crap I wonder how Jigglypuff poos.
Ok, now you're TRYING to get this thread locked.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
To get back on topic, if I remember correctly that second leak that guy posted said Shulk, Chrom, and Palutena. I think those characters I can trust his word on, but not the chorus men, that just sounds off.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
That's something you should be doing yourself, it explains your rude tone on this thread over the past month or two, so just cool your jets.
An eye for an eye.

If he has the right to complain, then I have the right to tell him his complaining is annoying. Also, don't presume to know how I think. That is also annoying.
I assume because that's what you bring forth. Out of the hearts abundance the mouths speaks. You get angry from being exposed for what you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To get back on topic, if I remember correctly that second leak that guy posted said Shulk, Chrom, and Palutena. I think those characters I can trust his word on, but not the chorus men, that just sounds off.
The Chorus Men seem like a strange choice, but they're essentially what that leak hinges on. If they get confirmed, watch everybody come flocking to the bandwagon.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Warning Received
I assume because that's what you bring forth. Out of the hearts abundance the mouths speaks. You get angry from being exposed for what you are.

Anyway, for the Sal leak, is anyone doubting Miis? After seeing Miis featured prominently in the find Mii stage, I'm skeptical. Yeah I realize toon link blah blah, but it just seems weird overall.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Charizard was shown under a completely different context than Sheik and ZSS. But other than that I agree with you.

With the transformations being separated I could see over 50.

This 4 cuts thing has really become prevalent recently. Since when was the MK leaker considered credible for Smash?
Charizard was shown under different circumstances but still within the same overall Direct that Shiek and Zamus were, with Charizard's reveal as a solo character we received confirmation of a fighter from all the previous transformations, tying off his point neatly while bridging the presentation towards the newcomer
The MK leaker has NOT considered credible I had thought surely?? Especially now that transformations are no longer a thing

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How dare you complain about the roster at all! Sakurai is an Actual God and worked SO HARD on it. Me being a member of the fanbase means you can't have the opinion that it's a poor representation of the fanbase's desires!

Oh, and people, stop bringing up "Oh, he missed Rosalina, he could have missed other characters." The explanation is so simple...Rosalina, as well as Palutena/Shulk/Chrom/Chorus Men/Pokemon weren't on his initial list of six, then none of the confirmed characters were on his second list. We're not getting some flood of newcomers worth giving a damn about later on, just like with Brawl, there weren't unlockable characters beyond Wolf, and Mewtwo/Roy weren't added into the American version. The most simple and most disappointing outcome is almost definitely true here.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
How dare you complain about the roster at all! Sakurai is an Actual God and worked SO HARD on it. Me being a member of the fanbase means you can't have the opinion that it's a poor representation of the fanbase's desires!
It's just annoying for you to say that ALL THE FANBASE wants K. Rool or Ridley when it's patently false. And yes, complaining that the entire roster is a fail when those two characters aren't playable is childish.

Oh, and people, stop bringing up "Oh, he missed Rosalina, he could have missed other characters." The explanation is so simple...Rosalina, as well as Palutena/Shulk/Chrom/Chorus Men/Pokemon weren't on his initial list of six, then none of the confirmed characters were on his second list.
Obviously you're right because you say so.
We're not getting some flood of newcomers worth giving a damn about later on
Here you go again.
The most simple and most disappointing outcome is almost definitely true here
Disappointing to a minority*

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Oh, and people, stop bringing up "Oh, he missed Rosalina, he could have missed other characters." The explanation is so simple...Rosalina, as well as Palutena/Shulk/Chrom/Chorus Men/Pokemon weren't on his initial list of six, then none of the confirmed characters were on his second list. We're not getting some flood of newcomers worth giving a damn about later on, just like with Brawl, there weren't unlockable characters beyond Wolf, and Mewtwo/Roy weren't added into the American version. The most simple and most disappointing outcome is almost definitely true here.
One again, you're implication here is that all the newcomers are not worth a damn. Regardless, Sal's leaker is giving out information piece meal so it is not unreasonable to assume there may be more newcomers. It is a some what optimistic view point, but no new comers in not "almost definitely true." If he had given more in depth information, including a roster number, I would be more inclined to agree with you.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ugh, this thread is just sad now.

So. Remind me, do we know exactly what that Sal leak mean by 'Chorus Men'? Does he mean those Little White boys with giant mouths?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Anyway, for the Sal leak, is anyone doubting Miis? After seeing Miis featured prominently in the find Mii stage, I'm skeptical. Yeah I realize toon link blah blah, but it just seems weird overall.
We've had a previous image where there was no Mii in the cage however. You can say that's because at the time they released the image they hadn't programmed it yet. But you also have the fact we haven't exactly seen Miis in the background for the Pilotwings Stage that goes around Wuhu Island either. Plus, there's the Tomodachi Life stage. Which speaking of which, Miis have a chance at being revealed around the Month of E3 due to that game's Western release in June.

Also for every King Mii in Streetpass Quest/Find Mii. There were Miis you can gather that is trying to save the King (Which was usually your own Mii). And that may include having them being able to fight the Dark Emperor. Playing as your Mii might end up having the Mii in the cage be a Mii representing one of your family members for example. Mii's chances were really not that well affected by the Streetpass Quest/Find Mii cameo. Even if it's lower, it's only slightly lower. Not a significant change.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's just annoying for you to say that ALL THE FANBASE wants K. Rool or Ridley when it's patently false. And yes, complaining that the entire roster is a fail when those two characters aren't playable is childish.
I've always talked about the collective fanbase, which yes, doesn't refer to every single last member of the fanbase, but rather a large portion of it. Keep strawmanning it up by claiming I have dismissed the entire roster as a 'fail.' Whining that people like @soviet prince are daring to not be satisfied with the final roster is what's childish here.

One again, you're implication here is that all the newcomers are not worth a damn. Regardless, Sal's leaker is giving out information piece meal so it is not unreasonable to assume there may be more newcomers. It is a some what optimistic view point, but no new comers in not "almost definitely true." If he had given more in depth information, including a roster number, I would be more inclined to agree with you.
No, my implication is that people clinging to the hope that the roster is incomplete with more fan favorites in the pipeline are setting themselves up for a fall. And people are clinging to that rationale solely because of Rosalina, who has a valid explanation for not being in either of Sal's two leaks. If RosalinaX is telling the truth, those newcomers, plus Mewtwo and minus two more veterans are all we've got left.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

So. Remind me, do we know exactly what that Sal leak mean by 'Chorus Men'? Does he mean those Little White boys with giant mouths?
Yup, although with the lack of description given my the source it's definitely up to interpretation.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

Yes, though it only said 'Chorus Men' but some user here made the assumption that it might be Marshal the poster boy (or as far as I know he is) of the series.
If he is indeed playable I think you'd only control one, having three would be too much/too impractical.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

it better not be many of the idiotic characters.

if that part is real...................................................aefodbjgnfpg[egwdtnjgoepaf[gskpioreiqwewr

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@BKupa666 I agree with you that Rosalina has no bearing on whether other newcomers will be playable. I think Mewtwo and reworked veterans (such as Gannondorf) are more likely, personally. If the leak is real, chances are greater then not that those are the final new comers, but it is not a sure thing.

If you do not mean to downplay any of the character on the list or those already revealed, try to choose your words a bit more carefully. I understand that your most wanted newcomers are looking unlikely but you are coming off as angry and aggressive, to put it mildly.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whose to say RosalinaX is telling the truth?
That's what we're trying to find out now by contacting him.

Based off of precedent, ambiguous comments by site admins or NeoGAF members have a high probability of being credible. We found out Brawl's 35 character slot count from a guy named MarkMan on NeoGAF almost the exact same way last time.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
No, my implication is that people clinging to the hope that the roster is incomplete with more fan favorites in the pipeline are setting themselves up for a fall. And people are clinging to that rationale solely because of Rosalina, who has a valid explanation for not being in either of Sal's two leaks. If RosalinaX is telling the truth, those newcomers, plus Mewtwo and minus two more veterans are all we've got left.
RosalinaX wasn't even specific about the roster size, he said "48 characters (it might change)", which tells me that his information was either false or for some reason faulty. In my honest opinion, there is no way this is all the newcomers.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder what sort of source would have detailed Mario Kart AND Smash information. Smash isn't even being developed in house. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I wonder what sort of source would have detailed Mario Kart AND Smash information. Smash isn't even being developed in house. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Ever see Harry Potter? Those folks had magic powers. I believe this person in question has those same sort of powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom