• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah... Don't bring clouds up here.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Do you know in which video of GameXplain they talk about the Pac-Man silhouette? I checked the Greninja trailer and I think I found it.
It's funny, what really stands out to me in this screenshot is the Game & Watch head right above your arrowhead. Mr. G&W confirmed!
Wrong part of the video...

I can see that, but this all wreaks of that TSE "villains in the clouds" picture from back in the pre-Brawl days.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oddly, I don't think it's a stretch this time. Go to the 1:12 mark in the video and look at the cloud. I'm almost certain it's literally a cameo and it stay like that the entire time in the sky.
You know, maybe it's not and we're all just overanalyzing a small detail that could otherwise be overlooked.
Just a thought.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Wrong part of the video...

Edit: I see it now. But I guess something that looks like this
is easy to see in clouds.

The thing is, a Nintendo employee was saying we missed a few things in the Smash Direct and it could be anything, really.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Aw. Doesn't that count as a "rumor" though? That Pac-Man can be seen in the clouds? It's certainly a little more on-topic than the character discussion that's been going on in the last few pages. Oh well.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You probably know more than I do about the comparison. So it has been tweaked. Is this from demo gameplay confirmations?
Yes.

In Mario Kart Wii, vehicles would either slide outwards (outside drift) or lean inwards (inside drift). Gameplay videos seem to show that the front wheels lean inward, while the back wheels slide outward. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkslNWnOQ84

This would explain why we can't get a definitive answer from the Mario Kart community on the legitimacy of this statement, because RosalinaX's statement could be seen as both correct and incorrect. This video compares Mario Kart 8's drift system to outward drift in Mario Kart Wii (one for comparing inside drift and Mario Kart 8 doesn't exist as far as I can tell). Note that the back wheels do slide out for both MKWii and MK8, but they don't match up because the front wheels lean inwards in MK8.

So from where I stand, we'll have to wait until MK8 launches in May to get a more accurate test to see if RosalinaX's leak is true as people inevitably try to find ultra shortcuts that RosalinaX claims have been avoided. I personally doubt it given the circumstance (some stranger with your skype info decides to send you info out of the blue seems way too fishy to me).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw. Doesn't that count as a "rumor" though? That Pac-Man can be seen in the clouds? It's certainly a little more on-topic than the character discussion that's been going on in the last few pages. Oh well.
It's not a rumor.

It's analysis of a trailer.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Is any of this cloud stuff related to any leaks in anyway? If not, please take it to the Character Discussion or Pac-Man threads.
To be fair this is the "Rumours and Leaks" thread, and this discussion is about the rumor that there is a Pac-Man cameo in the Super Smash Bros. Direct.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Since everyone and their dog keep asking about the RosalinaX and Sal leaks, here you all go:

RosalinaX:
He said 48 characters for smash ( it could change ) also he mentions 4 characters are cut from smash also no release date.

Mk8 roster idk

Sal Romano / Gematsu:
My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii.
Wii Fit Trainer, from Wii Fit, will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo revealed the character, whose final move is called “Wii Fit,” in a new Developer Direct featuring director Masahiro Sakurai.

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii.
Last year, Gematsu was tipped off prior to E3 about six new characters supposedly set to appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and for Nintendo 3DS.

They were: Mega Man, Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac (Punch Out), Pac-Man, and Mii (Wii series).

So far, all but Pac-Man and Mii have been confirmed.

Today, we received a new e-mail from the same tipster, who claims Pac-Man and Mii are still on the way, and the following characters will also appear:

• Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but there’s a Super Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct happening later today. If these claims are accurate, it’s likely we’ll hear about at least one of these new characters there.

I’ve e-mailed the tipster requesting a few more details, but have yet to hear back.
1. http://www.mariokartwii.com/5989954-post128.html
2. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996
3. http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros
4. http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair this is the "Rumours and Leaks" thread, and this discussion is about the rumor that there is a Pac-Man cameo in the Super Smash Bros. Direct.
Just noticed that who ever started this thread spelled Rumors wrong. :laugh:

Fair enough (definitely is a new point to be discussed over revamping the thread), though it should be said that this discussion is a direct example of Sakurai's warning about over-speculating.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, someone on NeoGAF pointed this out. Thought it was fascinating to think about:
That Mario Kart "leak" is interesting, because the Brawl roster with four cuts, Mewtwo added, the revealed newcomers, and the remaining Gematsu newcomers adds up to 48.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

Fair enough (definitely is a new point to be discussed over revamping the thread), though it should be said that this discussion is a direct example of Sakurai's warning about over-speculating.
Depend on regions, I think people who lived in Canada and England are still spelling Rumors as Rumours; so technically it's not wrong.

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice

Or does British spelling.

EDIT: Oh, someone said pretty much the same thing before me.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Plot twist, Mewtwo is not added. :p
Double plot twist: he's DLC so Nintendo can continue milking the Super Smash Bros cow. You better believe Nintendo will want to milk Smash for all it's worth.

Really though that spot is a wild card. Doesn't have to be Mewtwo though I lean towards that direction personally.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Admit it though, people would buy it. Moo.
Yes, I'd drop any amount of money Nintendo asked me too. Not just for Mewtwo, but probably just about any character. That's one of the luxuries afforded to Sakurai right now, though he won't admit to it. However, I think Nintendo probably wants DLC more than Sakurai does.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Since everyone and their dog keep asking about the RosalinaX and Sal leaks, here you all go:

RosalinaX:

He said 48 characters for smash ( it could change ) also he mentions 4 characters are cut from smash also no release date.

Mk8 roster idk

Sal Romano / Gematsu:

My unlikely predictions: Little Mac, Pac-Man, Animal Crossing Guy, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii.
Wii Fit Trainer, from Wii Fit, will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo revealed the character, whose final move is called “Wii Fit,” in a new Developer Direct featuring director Masahiro Sakurai.

Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii.​
Last year, Gematsu was tipped off prior to E3 about six new characters supposedly set to appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and for Nintendo 3DS.

They were: Mega Man, Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac (Punch Out), Pac-Man, and Mii (Wii series).

So far, all but Pac-Man and Mii have been confirmed.

Today, we received a new e-mail from the same tipster, who claims Pac-Man and Mii are still on the way, and the following characters will also appear:

• Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but there’s a Super Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct happening later today. If these claims are accurate, it’s likely we’ll hear about at least one of these new characters there.

I’ve e-mailed the tipster requesting a few more details, but have yet to hear back.
Not much to go on then? Meh, could easily go either way as far as legitimacy goes, probably 50/50 (Yes, I know this is obvious. I'm just too tired to care. Sorry for the rudeness.)

Honestly, there could be more or less newcomers than we expect/has been leaked/rumored/etc.

I just wish there were more rumors with credibility that weren't text based (probably not gonna happen).

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Off Topic but a revamp would be great with an updated OP that only has the Sal Romano leak since it's pretty good compared to the other leaks.

The other leak could be the "4 trophy" rumor from the direct.

These seem to be the most credible.

Also the palutena leak since it has yet to have been disproven.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yes.

In Mario Kart Wii, vehicles would either slide outwards (outside drift) or lean inwards (inside drift). Gameplay videos seem to show that the front wheels lean inward, while the back wheels slide outward. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkslNWnOQ84

This would explain why we can't get a definitive answer from the Mario Kart community on the legitimacy of this statement, because RosalinaX's statement could be seen as both correct and incorrect. This video compares Mario Kart 8's drift system to outward drift in Mario Kart Wii (one for comparing inside drift and Mario Kart 8 doesn't exist as far as I can tell). Note that the back wheels do slide out for both MKWii and MK8, but they don't match up because the front wheels lean inwards in MK8.

So from where I stand, we'll have to wait until MK8 launches in May to get a more accurate test to see if RosalinaX's leak is true as people inevitably try to find ultra shortcuts that RosalinaX claims have been avoided. I personally doubt it given the circumstance (some stranger with your skype info decides to send you info out of the blue seems way too fishy to me).
Pretty much what I thought. Alright. Well, if RosalinaX will message me back, then I'll try and see if I can get any information about others that were involved in the chat. Hopefully, we will find, at least, a little bit of information on whether the leak is true or false.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
About Sal's first leak, I think it's important to note that his NeoGAF post wasn't presented as a leak. His post clearly says "unlikely predictions." So him calling Villager "Animal Crossing Guy" shouldn't be held against him. A lot more people would know who he's referring to if he said Animal Crossing Guy as opposed to Villager, because it creates an image of the most generic character in the Animal Crossing series, which is what the "Villager" is outside of Smash 4. Wii Fit Trainer on the other hand is a name that makes sense as soon as you hear it, which is probably why he left it as is, but it's also very specific. I can think of a few more names I would have given WFT before Wii Fit Trainer.

I also think it's funny that "Pokemon from X/Y" is the only character in the second leak that wasn't specified, yet it ended up being the first one that was revealed... And only a few hours later no less. I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe he didn't want to ruin the surprise of a character that was going to get revealed literally hours later. It would have helped his credibility to actually name Greninja instead of being vague, but a funny thing I've noticed about legit leakers is that they don't care about credibility/instant gratification, because they know they're right and will get proven right eventually. They hardly ever defend themselves when something comes up that would make people doubtful, because they have no reason to. Most fakers have overly long stories and inconsistent/nonsensical explanations about how they know what they know and about why they're right. Both Sal and his source just drop info a and leave it at that. No desperate defense, no subsequent explanations, no contrived backstory.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
\I also think it's funny that "Pokemon from X/Y" is the only character in the second leak that wasn't specified, yet it ended up being the first one that was revealed... And only a few hours later no less. I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe he didn't want to ruin the surprise of a character that was going to get revealed literally hours later.
Sal said that his leaker listed the "X and Y Pokémon" exactly as that. Just like us Sal assumed after Greninja's reveal that he was whom was being referred to.

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Sal said that his leaker listed the "X and Y Pokémon" exactly as that. Just like us Sal assumed after Greninja's reveal that he was whom was being referred to.
Uh huh... I don't know what you're trying to refute, or even if you're trying to refute something. I don't doubt any of what you said.

My post was about WHY he referred to Greninja as X and Y Pokémon. I think the vagueness of that specific character and the timing of his reveal are connected.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Uh huh... I don't know what you're trying to refute, or even if you're trying to refute something. I don't doubt any of what you said.

My post was about WHY he referred to Greninja as X and Y Pokémon. I think the vagueness of that specific character and the timing of his reveal are connected.
Drawing a distinction between Sal and his source.

I'm sorry for not providing anything to the discussion, but could someone kindly link to me the Sal links everyone keeps referring to? I mean, I saw the "Animal Crossing Guy/Mega Man/Wii Fit Trainer/Little Mac/Pac Man/Miis" guess a while back, but I haven't seen anything since, and I couldn't find links while searching these pages.
Just look at the last page.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm sorry for not providing anything to the discussion, but could someone kindly link to me the Sal links everyone keeps referring to? I mean, I saw the "Animal Crossing Guy/Mega Man/Wii Fit Trainer/Little Mac/Pac Man/Miis" guess a while back, but I haven't seen anything since, and I couldn't find links while searching these pages.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
There is a lot of truth to the whole just leaves info without trying to make up some wild story.

Generally liars tend to elaborate on stories to prove to others that they aren't lying.

This Sal guy says not much more than "I have a reliable source". Then goes and posts the leak.

Also liars tend to embellish their lies after the fact by hanging on and trying to talk people into believing.

This guy doesn't say anything else...

These two instances are big signs that he may be in fact telling the truth.
It most certainly doesn't hurt his case if not make him slightly more credible.

I am not a psychologist but I do research into things. Just something I know.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Smashboards: The place where leaks are proven wrong and the users make excuses for why it is still legitimate

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It doesn't necessarily mean he's leaking the whole roster though. Keep in mind he never mentioned Rosalina. It also doesn't seem like a complete newcomer roster because of the distinct lack of a new villain or retro character. I'm not saying that those two details debunks this but it feels like Sakurai made an issue of adding at least one of both categories in the past two games.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It doesn't necessarily mean he's leaking the whole roster though. Keep in mind he never mentioned Rosalina. It also doesn't seem like a complete newcomer roster because of the distinct lack of a new villain or retro character. I'm not saying that those two details debunks this but it feels like Sakurai made an issue of adding at least one of both categories in the past two games.
Couldn't little mac, mega man, or pac man fit the role of retro character though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom