• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's more of this thread having to be reworked/restarted like the Miiverse and Official character thread, imo.
I agree. My main problem with this thread is that the main post hasn't been updated at all. The Smash Bros. Direct was a game changer to these leaks and killed off nearly all of them. Now we've got the Sal leak, MK8 leak, and Palutena picture leak which we've all discussed to death, but many of us still enjoy the conversation of which ones seem more likely than the others. This thread either needs to have the OP edited to accurately reflect what we're talking about (to also help others who ask what leaks mean what) or it needs to be redone by someone who will keep it up to date.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been hoping for this thread to be locked for months, so if enough other mods are now in agreement with me in that regard, I say go right ahead.
Should join in us the Staff Lounge if you wish to discuss this further.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Seems like over analyzing.... Idk I'm no pro. I'll take your word for it on the drift thing.

Back to smash bros..

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Greninja and the separated characters killed pretty much every leak and now it seems that nobody is willing to make new fake ones. Unless the thread is gonna get locked, how about we go back to an old leak that was basically just tossed aside with little to no discussion on its legitimacy due to the influx of rumors and leaks at the time. The one I'm referring to is the Nintendo of Europe PR rep who posted about a set of official character arts that his department received for SM4SH to be used in promotional stuff. It was a while back, I can't remember what page it's on now, and when I asked about it before somebody basically said that it wasn't worth discussing (as compared to what was currently "big" at the time?) and nobody ever brought it up again. I've always been really curious about it, though, and that it got glossed over may warrant a look back into it, considering the deteriorating state of the thread because of a lack of basically any leaks.
The Sal leak is still alive and kicking.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways, I haven't seen the Sal leak, yet. Since it's not on the OP, can anyone post it here, it would sure be helpful.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Ban "off topic" (The quotes here are important) topics, get fed up when the thread keeps circling the same topics. I'm not saying the thread should be locked or not ... Personally I don't care, but surely you can expect the level of discussion here to be extremely low when all the mods are incredibly dictatorial about what they consider to be off topic topics.

If you can't let us eat cake, I can't say I'll miss this thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@Chimera Check out the various fan-conducted popularity polls and online threads created for those characters, and you'll know I'm not just voicing my own personal criticisms, which extend beyond those two characters. Yes, I do have the expectation that the collective fanbase's desires will be accounted for in a game built upon fanservice. If that's entitled, so is every Smash-related criticism, ever.

"Bawwww, they hate tripping? It's part of Sakurai's vision! He didn't promise them no tripping, so why do these fans feel they're owed a game without tripping! If they don't like that, tough for them!"

Many of my posts in this thread have been expressing a desire to get it closed, or at least have been attempts to steer it back on-topic, as would hopefully happen in a new thread.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@Xenoblaze Palutena did successfully build her own fanbase, and a great one at that. My underlying point is that, fanbase or no fanbase, Sakurai more likely than not would have put her in anyway. Her having fans is an excuse for him to do what he was already going to do.

@the people complaining that people don't like the roster without Ridley and K. Rool...Are you honestly surprised? People followed this Smash game solely because of the possibility that one or both of those newcomers might get in, hence all the comments you used to see about how "Brawl + them and Mewtwo" would have been the perfect Smash game, and how they've been supporting that character since their childhood. They were the fanbase's largest first party newcomer requests, yet that got completely ignored. While I don't advocate the "slots" argument, effort was directed elsewhere, partially toward characters people actively did not request, as well as toward modes people inevitably will not care about after the first month or so. It's intensely frustrating, and people have every right to criticize this easily fixable flaw on the roster, as they would have had, say, Wario and Diddy not been in Brawl. You can BS "counterpoints" for them, too, you know.

I've been hoping for this thread to be locked for months, so if enough other mods are now in agreement with me in that regard, I say go right ahead.
The reason why "slots don't matter" is that a character of the relative importance of a Ridley or K. Rool wouldn't be a low priority addition. Extra game modes and characters really only effect the tail end of production, the fact of that matter is that it a conscious decision to not include those characters would be made early on. I also hate the argument that people followed the game JUST on the chance those two would be included. It's like over hearing someone at a theme park argue that they should get their money back because the most popular roller coaster is undergoing maintenance. You know they came to the park for the entire experience, but they are being overly melodramatic because of one disappointment.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait...

Did the 48 roster leak say... "Including transformations?'

Those aren't even a thing any more....

Hope?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This doesn't even make sense because it DOESN'T match up. When that was posted, which was when that leak first came up, by a user on the forums here, it was laughed at.

That doesn't mean anything. Not saying you thought it did. I'm just saying it doesn't.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Wait...

Did the 48 roster leak say... "Including transformations?'

Those aren't even a thing any more....

Hope?
No, I don't believe RosalinaX ever specified what the roster included. I believe he/she stated that there would be a 48 character roster and 4 cuts, nothing more.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, I don't believe RosalinaX ever specified what the roster included. I believe he/she stated that there would be a 48 character roster and 4 cuts, nothing more.
Can we get clarification on that?

R0Y

Smash Master
Nintendo introduces Smash with black screen at E3....

"Sorry I kept you waiting"

I expect Snake to be cut but this would be cool.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
In one of GameXplain's videos they noticed that in the Greninja trailer there was a Pac-Man silhouette in the clouds. I'm not sure if that means anything for Pac-Man, or if that's what the guy who works at Nintendo may have been talking about, but It makes you wonder. I'm not sure if it's a reach or not.
Can we get clarification on that?
I doubt we could get any further clarification, it just seems like a specific someone leaking wouldn't really know. Someone could try and ask RosalinaX.

^^ I can see why this thread is probably going to be closed. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
"It could change?"

:/

EDIT:

I'm sorry, but that's barly taking a chance...

Can we please get someone here to talk to RosalinaX?

Let's try and get this to happen.
I would like to try, but I'm sure it would lead to nothing. RosalinaX himself doesn't have any information, he/she got it from someone else. Unless you want to see if we can contact his/her source, or get her/him to?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
OK wild thought

Now I never played KI Uprising so this could be completely off, but what if the pic was legit, but it's of pseudo Palutena. She starts off looking normal then bugs out

I vote for a thread reboot too: erase all the dead leaks, update the stats of the remaining live links (all three of them), and maybe even put some arguments and counter-arguments for and against the three remaining leaks.

This thread is a cluttered mess with people arguing in circles and saying nothing for 50 plus pages. It needs a fresh start.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
OK wild thought

Now I never played KI Uprising so this could be completely off, but what if the pic was legit, but it's of pseudo Palutena. She starts off looking normal then bugs out
Pseudo-Palutena is a one off boss in the second to last chapter in the game. I don't think she'd be 'playable' if that's what you're saying.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The reason why "slots don't matter" is that a character of the relative importance of a Ridley or K. Rool wouldn't be a low priority addition. Extra game modes and characters really only effect the tail end of production, the fact of that matter is that it a conscious decision to not include those characters would be made early on. I also hate the argument that people followed the game JUST on the chance those two would be included. It's like over hearing someone at a theme park argue that they should get their money back because the most popular roller coaster is undergoing maintenance. You know they came to the park for the entire experience, but they are being overly melodramatic because of one disappointment.
And whatever the reason for that conscious decision, it would have been an unsatisfactory one that fans of those characters have every reason to be vocal about. Especially Ridley fans, after Sakurai has admitted to being able to make him work in-game.

I'm baffled as to why people assume all fans of Smash are interested in Smash by default, or will buy it unconditionally just because it's inherently amazing. Some need to be hooked by game content, or have certain standards that need meeting. Naturally, the omission of two major newcomer candidates will result in some fans not getting hooked, or turning to Project M, where there's a better chance of their desires being met. As such, the better analogy would be that an amusement park fan refrains from buying a ticket to said park until its most popular roller coasters are operational again.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you don't mind me asking, why so opposed to 48 characters? It's a large number.
Because of the cuts.

I'm anti cut.

I would like to try, but I'm sure it would lead to nothing. RosalinaX himself doesn't have any information, he/she got it from someone else. Unless you want to see if we can contact his/her source, or get her/him to?
Worth a shot.

Let's do it!

Is anyone a member of that forum?

R0Y

Smash Master
Wouldn't be surprised even if this is legit that RosalinaX's source is themselves.

Last edited:

zwalk2

Smash Rookie
Pseudo-Palutena is a one off boss in the second to last chapter in the game. I don't think she'd be 'playable' if that's what you're saying.
I think he's saying that Pseudo-Palutena could be an assist trophy that starts off looking like Palutena, but then deforms into the Pseudo version.

Shroob

Sup?
I think he's saying that Pseudo-Palutena could be an assist trophy that starts off looking like Palutena, but then deforms into the Pseudo version.
Are we discussing the 'line' argument again?

Palutena's model in the picture has black lines.

Samurai Goroh, an assist trophy shown on the 3DS, did not have lines.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Aogami

Smash Cadet
I don't think I've seen anyone mention this before and it may solve a lot of people's worries.

In regards to Miis being playable characters it may have actually been dis-confirmed in the actual direct. Apart from the whole Find Mii stage Miis were used to represent a players Global Smash Power so this while likely be done like Kid Icarus Uprising were Miis were simply used to represent each save file so in smash bros it would be done the same except with the GSP and being tied to your Nintendo Network ID as explained in the Direct

zwalk2

Smash Rookie
Are we discussing the 'line' argument again?

Palutena's model in the picture has black lines.

Samurai Goroh, an assist trophy shown on the 3DS, did not have lines.
I'm with you, I don't think she's an assist trophy, I was just explaining what I thought the other person had said about Pseudo-Palutena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom